Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

decypher44

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Orange County, CA
Here you go. Apple case on the silver/white 13Pro. Lucid on the space black 14Pro.
Thanks for posting the photos. It’s difficult for me to tell, but would you say one is thinner than the other? Also, because of the black phone, would you say one shows the colors of the phone more than the other?

I have a gold 14 Pro. Currently, I’m using the Apple clear case. Mine is one that has fit issues (creaking, slightly loose, etc). I had the same Apple clear case for my 12, and it fit perfectly. What I’m looking for is something thin, good fit and shows off the gold.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Thanks for posting the photos. It’s difficult for me to tell, but would you say one is thinner than the other? Also, because of the black phone, would you say one shows the colors of the phone more than the other?

I have a gold 14 Pro. Currently, I’m using the Apple clear case. Mine is one that has fit issues (creaking, slightly loose, etc). I had the same Apple clear case for my 12, and it fit perfectly. What I’m looking for is something thin, good fit and shows off the gold.
I would say the thickness is pretty equal. If anything the Lucid may be a bit thinner. Either one will show off the phone colors. I like the fit and feel better with the Lucid as it just feels right to me.

Reactions: decypher44

Stream108

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2021

I had Apple clear case for couple of days. The fit was perfect, the looks was very good but I couldn’t bear the feel of the case. I moved from Nomad leather case for my previous phone 13 pro, and the feel of the plastic phone cover was just difficult to get used to.

Now I rock a Wiiuka leather case, it’s a German product similar to bullstrap and it’s great.

I still have my caudabe sheath and lucid clear that I ordered a while back on the way here to Europe.

Attachments

• D0A58918-E902-437E-A655-8DC8991D3FB6.jpeg
    D0A58918-E902-437E-A655-8DC8991D3FB6.jpeg
    339.8 KB · Views: 121

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I would say the thickness is pretty equal. If anything the Lucid may be a bit thinner. Either one will show off the phone colors. I like the fit and feel better with the Lucid as it just feels right to me.
Does the lucid clear let in a lot of dust and dirt, especially at the corners where the slits are?

I love my apple clear case but dust and dirt somehow still manage to get under the case even when the case is a very tight fit.

decypher44

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Orange County, CA
I just initiated a return of my Apple clear case. The fit is just very poor, it creaks and lets dust inside. Very surprised as the Apple clear case I had on my 12 was perfect.

When I initiated the return, I saw a few reviews and they were stating similar issues.

Now to decide if I want this Caudabe Lucid.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Does the lucid clear let in a lot of dust and dirt, especially at the corners where the slits are?

I love my apple clear case but dust and dirt somehow still manage to get under the case even when the case is a very tight fit.
id say depending on your environment you may get a bit of dust under the case. It has been very minimal for me.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC

Mine do but it’s probably because of my job also.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Well the honeymoon is over. I removed my case for cleaning and the small magnet on the case had come off. It was easy to stick back on and the case is back on my phone and doing well.

I did receive an email from Claudabe asking me how everything was going with my case purchase so I let them know of my issue I had. I received an email back asking for a picture and a hand written note with todays date in the picture for proof.

I never asked for a new case or money back so I was a bit offended for this request of proof. I let them know I would not be sending a picture as the case is back on my phone and I'm not asking for a refund. I also let them know it was bad business practice to ask a customer for this when all they were doing was letting them know of the issue.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Well the honeymoon is over. I removed my case for cleaning and the small magnet on the case had come off. It was easy to stick back on and the case is back on my phone and doing well.

I did receive an email from Claudabe asking me how everything was going with my case purchase so I let them know of my issue I had. I received an email back asking for a picture and a hand written note with todays date in the picture for proof.

I never asked for a new case or money back so I was a bit offended for this request of proof. I let them know I would not be sending a picture as the case is back on my phone and I'm not asking for a refund. I also let them know it was bad business practice to ask a customer for this when all they were doing was letting them know of the issue.
So are you going back to the Apple clear case ?

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
I may grab the Apple clear case as well again, my first one ended up with some creaking … just not sure if I need some bottom protection for it, like a skin of some sort . Maybe it’a not worth it , since you mentioned you never get scratches or damage in that area

peepoLove

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2022

Are you sure you didn't take it the wrong way? It's possible that they were asking for it so that they would then be able to go ahead and offer to send a replacement or issue a refund 🤔

I would 100% agree with you in a scenario where you send it and then they just proceed to say "oh, okay. Thanks for the feedback," and nothing beyond. However, seeing how it isn't the case (as you elected not to proceed with their request), I feel like they should enjoy the benefit of the doubt 🤷‍♂️

Regardless — thanks for the update!

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Are you sure you didn't take it the wrong way? It's possible that they were asking for it so that they would then be able to go ahead and offer to send a replacement or issue a refund 🤔

I would 100% agree with you in a scenario where you send it and then they just proceed to say "oh, okay. Thanks for the feedback," and nothing beyond. However, seeing how it isn't the case (as you elected not to proceed with their request), I feel like they should enjoy the benefit of the doubt 🤷‍♂️

Regardless — thanks for the update!
Oh I totally get that and did NOT take it the wrong way. The assumption of me wanting a refund or an exchange was not in question. It was asking for the picture with the handwritten note with todays date??? Come on! I'm surprised they didn't ask for a picture with today's newspaper.

It's 2022 and customer service needs to be a bit stronger than that. I've purchased 2 cases from them in the last 2 months. I didn't reach out to them specifically with this problem. They were reaching out to me and I took the opportunity to tell them of the issue I had that's all.

I get that people take advantage of companies all the time but they could clearly see that wasn't the case with me. As I wasn't asking for anything.

What they could of said to be polite is: I'm so sorry for your inconvenience, would you like a refund or a replacement for your case? If so we would not require you to send the old one back instead could you please send us a picture of the issue.

For what it's worth, I work for a large company and have been involved with many customer service issues that the CS team has asked for help with. Never has my company responded to a customer in this way. We have always given the customer the "benefit of the doubt".

Last edited:

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013

I'm not surprised they do that. I have friends who work in customer service at retail stores and you'd be surprised at the stuff they get. Lots of shady people out there unfortunately.

I got a Lucid that had the same issue. They told me there was a bad initial batch due to manufacturing issues, but that everything later had been fixed. They sent me a new one and so far it's been smooth sailing. I use this case now more than my Sheath, which is saying a lot. I still love the Sheath, but I love Lucid just as much this year. Really nice case. I also got and promptly returned the Apple clear case. That case was a complete disaster. Creaking, doesn't protect the bottom, bad fit. Just gross.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Oh I totally get that and did NOT take it the wrong way. The assumption of me wanting a refund or an exchange was not in question. It was asking for the picture with the handwritten note with todays date??? Come on! I'm surprised they didn't ask for a picture with today's newspaper.

It's 2022 and customer service needs to be a bit stronger than that. I've purchased 2 cases from them in the last 2 months. I didn't reach out to them specifically with this problem. They were reaching out to me and I took the opportunity to tell them of the issue I had that's all.

I get that people take advantage of companies all the time but they could clearly see that wasn't the case with me. As I wasn't asking for anything.

What they could of said to be polite is: I'm so sorry for your inconvenience, would you like a refund or a replacement for your case? If so we would not require you to send the old one back instead could you please send us a picture of the issue.

For what it's worth, I work for a large company and have been involved with many customer service issues that the CS team has asked for help with. Never has my company responded to a customer in this way. We have always given the customer the "benefit of the doubt".

I don't know, you sort of lost me there. Their ask doesn't seem unreasonable, and I've had plenty of great interactions with their customer service over the years, including some warranty replacements. Was never hard to snap a photo and send them an email. They've always been pleasant and quick to please.

On another note, I did pick up a Lucid after all the fuss on here and I must say I love it. No issues with magnets. A beautiful case. Definitely feels different than the Sheath, but that's to be expected.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
I don't know, you sort of lost me there. Their ask doesn't seem unreasonable, and I've had plenty of great interactions with their customer service over the years, including some warranty replacements. Was never hard to snap a photo and send them an email. They've always been pleasant and quick to please.

On another note, I did pick up a Lucid after all the fuss on here and I must say I love it. No issues with magnets. A beautiful case. Definitely feels different than the Sheath, but that's to be expected.
Sorry I lost you. It's not that complicated at all. I never asked for anything and didn't want a refund or replacement. Simply wanted to let them know as they asked if I was satisfied. The case is back on my phone and the magnet is back in place. No need to take the case off, pull the magnet out and snap a picture. Follow me now? Or are you lost again.

It's pretty simple I think... I just wanted to share my experience and my dislike for their customer service approach. Never said it was unreasonable.

As for my issue with the magnet. It doesn't happen until the case is on the phone for a while(2 weeks or so) then you take it off to clean. You may not ever have an issue with it(good for you) I did. It's all good now and I'm still using the case and love the way it looks and feels.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
I'm not surprised they do that. I have friends who work in customer service at retail stores and you'd be surprised at the stuff they get. Lots of shady people out there unfortunately.

I got a Lucid that had the same issue. They told me there was a bad initial batch due to manufacturing issues, but that everything later had been fixed. They sent me a new one and so far it's been smooth sailing. I use this case now more than my Sheath, which is saying a lot. I still love the Sheath, but I love Lucid just as much this year. Really nice case. I also got and promptly returned the Apple clear case. That case was a complete disaster. Creaking, doesn't protect the bottom, bad fit. Just gross.
Well I work for a large retail company(for 26 years) and have to help our customer service team often. So I'm not "surprised" at the stuff they/we get. Yes I see what people do and ask for and like I said above I never asked for anything. However I AM "surprised" at how they responded to me simply letting them know the magnet fell off. My company sells much more expensive items than a $35 case and we don't ask for a picture of the item with a hand written note with todays date if all the customer did was let us know of an issue they had. Believe me I know customer service, I've been in retail most of my life.

Once again. The Lucid case is back on my phone and doing fine. I sill like it. Shoot I even bought a 2nd as a back up immediately after I put this one on because I liked it so much. All I was saying is I don't agree with their approach as if I was asking for a replacement, a refund and compensation for my inconveniences. I asked for nothing.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Well I work for a large retail company(for 26 years) and have to help our customer service team often. So I'm not "surprised" at the stuff they/we get. Yes I see what people do and ask for and like I said above I never asked for anything. However I AM "surprised" at how they responded to me simply letting them know the magnet fell off. My company sells much more expensive items than a $35 case and we don't ask for a picture of the item with a hand written note with todays date if all the customer did was let us know of an issue they had. Believe me I know customer service, I've been in retail most of my life.

Once again. The Lucid case is back on my phone and doing fine. I sill like it. Shoot I even bought a 2nd as a back up immediately after I put this one on because I liked it so much. All I was saying is I don't agree with their approach as if I was asking for a replacement, a refund and compensation for my inconveniences. I asked for nothing.
Hi I just ordered one of these clear cases , does it have any sag or weak areas along the side ? Or is it tight like the pitaka snap on cases ?

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Hi I just ordered one of these clear cases , does it have any sag or weak areas along the side ? Or is it tight like the pitaka snap on cases ?
No. No sag or weak areas for me any way. Fit is excellent. I don't have any experience with the pitaka.

Stream108

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2021
I finally received my sheath and lucid clear, yet I like my leather case which I purchased while waiting for them too much.

If anyone would like lucid clear in EU and would like to save couple of weeks of wait time please do send a PM.

aj11fan

macrumors regular
May 11, 2009
Sorry I lost you. It's not that complicated at all. I never asked for anything and didn't want a refund or replacement. Simply wanted to let them know as they asked if I was satisfied. The case is back on my phone and the magnet is back in place. No need to take the case off, pull the magnet out and snap a picture. Follow me now? Or are you lost again.

It's pretty simple I think... I just wanted to share my experience and my dislike for their customer service approach. Never said it was unreasonable.

As for my issue with the magnet. It doesn't happen until the case is on the phone for a while(2 weeks or so) then you take it off to clean. You may not ever have an issue with it(good for you) I did. It's all good now and I'm still using the case and love the way it looks and feels.
So you never wanted any refund or a replacement… and just cause they asked you how your experience was you decided to vent… then complain when they ask for proof. If you wanted to let them know that maybe there was a defect in the case, then your excuse would of been valid. Why even respond back if you didn’t want anything in return? Heck, you’re still using the case and love the way it looks and feels. I would of just kept the rant to myself. You lost me as well…

Reactions: okifeelthat

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
I currently have the Lucid still on my phone now and still really like the charcoal magsafe ring better than Apple's white ring. I may go back to the Apple clear case eventually though.
Forgot to ask but when the magnet stuck to your phone did it leave any marks on the back of your phone when you removed it ? Waiting for mine to come this week

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
So you never wanted any refund or a replacement… and just cause they asked you how your experience was you decided to vent… then complain when they ask for proof. If you wanted to let them know that maybe there was a defect in the case, then your excuse would of been valid. Why even respond back if you didn’t want anything in return? Heck, you’re still using the case and love the way it looks and feels. I would of just kept the rant to myself. You lost me as well…
No I didn’t want a replacement or refund. No I didn’t vent I simply let them know of an issue with their case. I never asked for a thing. It’s that simple. Yes I was complaining about their approach and how they asked for proof as it seemed they were insinuating that I was lying. They asked how the case was doing and I let them know. That’s it.

Still lost?? I’m sorry you can’t understand something so simple. I guess you lost people can’t get that someone just wants to be nice and let a company know of an issue with their product without wanting anything in return. Or you just want to troll someone’s post.

like I said earlier above the only response from them should have been: Thank you for your input. Would you be interested in a replacement or a refund. If so no need to return your case, simply send us a picture of your issue with the case. But to right off the bat ask me for a picture of the case with a handwritten note bothered me. I was just expressing my irritation on here. Next time I won’t as I lost too many people.

Heck I guess my input may of helped as they have acknowledged a defect with the magnets on the case and have since corrected it. That was my intention. To help.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.