Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Either way, I'm just thankful that I didn't get Covid until after the vaccines were available. I had a cold last month that's worse than this, I'm practically 100% now. Quick battle, but my antibodies kicked COVID to the curb pretty quickly. Just dealing with a tiny amount of postnasal drip, saline spray takes care of that.

Reactions: cyb3rdud3

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
I’m a lucky luckerson. No shots, never had Covid, haven’t been sick with anything in years. Can’t remember the last time I was sick. I drink lots of water and keep my hands clean. Other than that I don’t take care of myself at all
But what about the other people who come in contact with you? Don't they matter? My dad died because he got it from someone else, just think about that for a moment.

• Haha
Reactions: Gregg2 and DaPhox

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
I'm of the opinion that the disease and mutated to a point where its largely a flu-like experience and the fatality has decreased dramatically, where as the largely unvetted vaccine has no track record of what long term effects that could be result from usage. There's no doubt that the vaccine was rushed out the door, and while I understand why (covid-19 was deadly) the risk is so low of severe symptoms, its not worth it imo.

I've mentioned before that there may be some sort of connection to heart issues, and that just means I'm better off avoiding the booster. I had gotten the original vaccine and the side of effects were horrible. Whereas this past year I actually contracted covid 19 and I was sick for a couple of days with mild-ish symptoms. So in my book the vaccine is doing more harm then the disease.
Have you considered the possibility that the reason you had a mild version of Covid was because you had previously had the Vaccine. Not advocating anything I had 3 shots of vaccine and also had Covid. My Covid experience was also very mild. I do not plan to get any further shots of the vaccine.

Reactions: Herdfan and Gregg2

VisceralRealist

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2023
Long Beach, California
After managing to avoid this plague for four years, I finally caught COVID in the days after Christmas (likely when I paid a visit to Universal Studios Hollywood. It was sold out that day and I'd never seen such crowds there). I didn't know it was COVID at first; I suspected a flu. I had fever, chills, and a cough for several days and then it settled into congestion and a cough. On Tuesday I woke up with an ear infection (likely unrelated, though my doctor thought it might not be entirely unrelated) and I went in to get it looked at. They also tested me for COVID and it was positive. So obviously I've had it this whole time (and this was around the time I started to lose my sense of taste, something everyone I know who's had COVID has experienced).

I tested positive on an antigen test today so I am unfortunately still prohibited from returning to my classes. (The only symptom I have now is mild congestion). I'm going a bit stir-crazy and I so badly want to be back in class in person. :( I'm hoping I test negative soon.

(I was vaccinated once in 2022 and have not been since).

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Have you considered the possibility that the reason you had a mild version of Covid was because you had previously had the Vaccine.
Given that caught covid in 2023, and I was last vaccinated in 2020, no I don't think that's the case.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I have had - gratefully accepted - every vaccine jab that has been offered, (four to date, I think), plus the flu jab, when it is offered in the autumn.
…although I have remained up to date with every new booster for COVID, and, unlike the vast majority, I get a flu shot every year.
As do I.
They're working on a COVID-flu combo vaccine. I'm all for it. One stop, one shot, one sore arm for one day; what a deal! :)
An excellent idea.

Reactions: Chuckeee

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
…although I have remained up to date with every new booster for COVID, and, unlike the vast majority, I get a flu shot every year. They're working on a COVID-flu combo vaccine. I'm all for it. One stop, one shot, one sore arm for one day; what a deal! :)

Moderna's Covid/Flu is in stage 3 trials currently. Results are very promising. Targeting approval early 2025 from regulators.

Reactions: cyb3rdud3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.