Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
CP77 Plot Spoilers for anyone who does not want to know stop here! :)

Brought from another thread:
Without details it's the function of the relic.

Q-6
You get an explanation of what's going on pretty early on once you get to the ripper doc

At the end of Act 1, what is going on in V’s head?

Sorry I’m a bit slow. :) I’ve seen enough (in my general ignorance of this story), V has the relic slotted into her head, revealed to be a biochip of a terrorist*, involved in the assault on the Ararsaka Corporation.

* There is a lot more to that story, see Johnny Silverhand link.

In my playthrough, I have gotten to Vick the Ripperdoc and he talked about it, but I was not sure it it was the relic because I did not realize this relic was the biochip (even though he said it) for a famous terrorist and I’m not sure why such a relic would be considered valuable, for the technology? If the technology is part of the Secure the Soul technology, why this particular chip? Is it the only one that worked, or does Johnny Silverhand have some other significance other than just being used as a guinea pig?
  • Why Dexter Deshawn would want it, other than he was hired to steal it by... Evelyn Parker?
  • Evelyn Parker wants it because she thinks it’s valuable due to the technology involved or is she actually working with/for?
  • Then there is Goro Takemura, Saburo Arasaka (the old man’s) body guard, acting on behalf of Saburo, in the process of tracking down the relic located in V’s head, after recovering V who is somehow alive, is attacked by hit men sent by Yorinobo Arasaka (the son), so now he’s on the outside?
  • Finally, I don’t get that the relic requires extreme cold to stop degradation, but that by inserting it in a human head which tends to be fairly warm, this would stop the degradation?
I’ll have some more comments about ”choice” when I get back from swimming.

Queen6

macrumors G4
CP77 Plot Spoilers for anyone who does not want to know stop here! :)

Brought from another thread:

At the end of Act 1, what is going on in V’s head?

Sorry I’m a bit slow. :) I’ve seen enough (in my general ignorance of this story), V has the relic slotted into her head, revealed to be a biochip of a terrorist*, involved in the assault on the Ararsaka Corporation.

* There is a lot more to that story, see Johnny Silverhand link.

In my playthrough, I have gotten to Vick the Ripperdoc and he talked about it, but I was not sure it it was the relic because I did not realize this relic was the biochip (even though he said it) for a famous terrorist and I’m not sure why such a relic would be considered valuable, for the technology? If the technology is part of the Secure the Soul technology, why this particular chip? Is it the only one that worked, or does Johnny Silverhand have some other significance other than just being used as a guinea pig?
  • Why Dexter Deshawn would want it, other than he was hired to steal it by... Evelyn Parker?
  • Evelyn Parker wants it because she thinks it’s valuable due to the technology involved or is she actually working with/for?
  • Then there is Goro Takemura, Saburo Arasaka (the old man’s) body guard, acting on behalf of Saburo, in the process of tracking down the relic located in V’s head, after recovering V who is somehow alive, is attacked by hit men sent by Yorinobo Arasaka (the son), so now he’s on the outside?
  • Finally, I don’t get that the relic requires extreme cold to stop degradation, but that by inserting it in a human head which tends to be fairly warm, this would stop the degradation?
I’ll have some more comments about ”choice” when I get back from swimming.
Plot armour, CP77 isn't a game of great depth by any means your likely way over thinking the game LOL.
  • Relic is a prototype, Siverhand's significance will be explained, cant really expand without spoilers. Basically the Relic is of high value as only Arasaka has this technology and one of the reasons Yorinobo Arasaka stole it in the first place to sell to a competitor to undermine his father.
  • TBH the importance of the Relic is obvious of more to the point it's technology, just that the game never points it out in black and white, well until the end and even then your kind of expected to piece it together. If you've watched Altered Carbon you'll get it in a snap :) FYI first series is stellar, the 2nd not so much.
  • Dexter has hired by Evelyn who is just another pawn in the larger game.
  • Relic is only stable if installed in a host or in the cooled status container, why? Story needs it to be. It's explained in the Heist mission by Jackie in the Arasaka building just after they slide down the roof and the status damaged, also where Jackie gets injured.
Choice is simple with 90% of the main game and character & side missions being on rails. Make a save game and playthrough the mission, then revert to the save and play again with diametric choices and see where you end up. I did this with multiple missions as the dialouge choices simply didn't tally up...

Overall you can see as you play through that the game was intended to be much deeper, however CDPR ran out of time, resources and most all common sense. Cyberpunk 2077 is not the game that CDPR sold to many of us by any means and they are condemned by their own words & actions...

Q-6

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Plot Spoilers!

Regarding choices, the Heist has several really significant events, it’s impressive but you are on a rail which it might have been amazing if you were not on a rail.
  • Jessie (can’t save’m)
  • Dexter (Can’t kill him, can you? Can’t avoid being killed by him)
I realize that this outcome was necessary, a relic ending up in someone’s head, was a necessary plot point, but it would have been better to have significant choices that lead in different directions.

Queen6

macrumors G4
Plot Spoilers!

Regarding choices, the Heist has several really significant events, it’s impressive but you are on a rail which it might have been amazing if you were not on a rail.
  • Jessie (can’t save’m)
  • Dexter (Can’t kill him, can you? Can’t avoid being killed by him)
I realize that this outcome was necessary, a relic ending up in someone’s head, was a necessary plot point, but it would have been better to have significant choices that lead in different directions.
Nature of the beast as realistically CDPR only has one outcome to the vast majority of the game. Cyberpunk 2077 would be a far superior game had player choice been impactful, it's simply not.

On my first playthrough Jackie was a royal PIA as he triggered numerous NPC enemies while trying to use stealth. Overall I still liked the character and similar to Dexter just as your starting to get to know them they are killed off. IMO a mistake as these were some of the more interesting characters and potentially designed before the reset of the game occurred. Regarding Dexter you do have some limited choice, mostly related to Evelyn and how much you can make on the Heist mission, well until things don't go as planned.

Cyberpunk 2077 can be fun, the bugs will be patched, however the cut content and change of direction circa 2016 really hurt the game. The game is what it is, an action game based on looter/shooter mechanics, rather limited open world and a very poor RPG. Yet the scale of the game is impressive as is the detail in places and the story telling in places.

Such a shame as you can see the potential of the game in it's original form. Personally I'm hoping that CDPR will do more than just patch up the holes and push out shallow DLC's. I'd like to see a lot more meat on the bone, improved AI & game mechanics, economy, maybe some meaningful RPG gameplay such as decisions with consequences.

One of the other factors, is CDPR has simply played in the the hands of it's competitor's who undoubtedly want to see the company fail. As ever time will tell, hopefully it will end happily for players & CDPR it will however be a long road one way or the other...

I'll be playing Cyberpunk 2077 again on a harder level once it's patched, content added, we'll see what CDPR do, certainly wont pay for any DLC until they are known to be decent and discounted.

Q-6

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Well I survived The Heist, was very impressed, and am back to my business as usual routine of GiGs, side quests, and smashing illegal activity, with an occasional Johnny Silverhand spotting. I’ll clear those other quests off the map to level up before continuing with the main quest, and this just does not feel right to me, a bit unnatural.

Now the difference between this, once again I’m making comparisons with F4, F4 had the same situation I mostly ignored the main quest, to fill in all of the other faction quests, and the difference was that I was emotionally engaged in those side quests where in CP77, I am saving people, like I just saved a Netrunner jacked into the net, who was a prisoner of Tyger Claws, but it was pretty basic. Kill 3 or 4 bad guys, cool the Netrunner down with some conveniently located coolant, unhook her, carry her, and jump off the back balcony of her apartment with her, to load her in the trunk of a waiting car.

I’m also running down missing Delemain Cabs, which feels flat and uninspired. Yeah it’s fun, but compared to the brilliance of the main quest, this feels a bit empty of a routine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Queen6

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
Well I survived The Heist was very impressed, and am back to my business as usual routine of GiGs, side quests, and smashing illegal activity, with an occasional Johnny Silverhand spotting. I’ll clear those other quests off the map to level up before continuing with the main quest, and this just does not feel right to me, a bit unnatural.

Now the difference between this, once again I’m making comparisons with F4, F4 had the same situation I mostly ignored the main quest, to fill in all of the other faction quests, and the difference was that I was emotionally engaged in those side quests where in CP77, I am saving people, like I just saved a Netrunner jacked into the net, who was a prisoner of Tyger Claws, but it was pretty basic. Kill 3 or 4 bad guys, cool the Netrunner down with some conveniently located coolant, unhook her, carry her, and jump off the back balcony of her apartment with her, to load her in the trunk of a waiting car.

I’m also running down missing Delemain Cabs, which feels flat and uninspired. Yeah it’s fun, but compared to the brilliance of the main quest, this feels a bit empty of a routine.
Some of the side quests are a little so-so. The Delamain cab one...is definitely one of them. Some of the open world "Assault in Progress" ones got a little tedious. I much preferred the Reported Crimes/Organized Crimes and the NCPD flashpoints (correct word?) compared to those. I will say though, don't let the opinion of the side quests you've done so far get in the way of doing the other ones. Some of the side quests are great, and there was one in particular (It's called "Pyramid Song" and is part of Judy's storyline) that was phenomenal, in my opinion. It was by far my favorite side quest (and one of my favorite quests in the game overall) and there wasn't a single bit of combat in it. No combat, no danger, no threat of screwing something up hanging over your head. Just atmosphere, story, background music, and "take your time to soak it all in" and I loved it from start to finish. It's one of those quests that I wish I could experience for the first time again. (Even better, is if you look for the released soundtrack for the game, the track for this quest is THANKFULLY on it! Listening to it while driving at night is something else)!

There are plenty of side-quests that feel repetitive (looking at you, Delamain cabs), but then you come across one like Pyramid Song, that are seriously well done. Don't pass them up!

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntn and Queen6

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Some of the side quests are a little so-so. The Delamain cab one...is definitely one of them. Some of the open world "Assault in Progress" ones got a little tedious. I much preferred the Reported Crimes/Organized Crimes and the NCPD flashpoints (correct word?) compared to those. I will say though, don't let the opinion of the side quests you've done so far get in the way of doing the other ones. Some of the side quests are great, and there was one in particular (It's called "Pyramid Song" and is part of Judy's storyline) that was phenomenal, in my opinion. It was by far my favorite side quest (and one of my favorite quests in the game overall) and there wasn't a single bit of combat in it. No combat, no danger, no threat of screwing something up hanging over your head. Just atmosphere, story, background music, and "take your time to soak it all in" and I loved it from start to finish. It's one of those quests that I wish I could experience for the first time again. (Even better, is if you look for the released soundtrack for the game, the track for this quest is THANKFULLY on it! Listening to it while driving at night is something else)!

There are plenty of side-quests that feel repetitive (looking at you, Delamain cabs), but then you come across one like Pyramid Song, that are seriously well done. Don't pass them up!
Looking forward to it. My critique is making a comparison of the effort of side quests vs the main quest, I wish the CP77 devs had put as much effort into the wide spectrum of side quests as Bethesda had in F4.

Reactions: iOS Geek

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
Looking forward to it. My critique is making a comparison of the effort of side quests vs the main quest, I wish the CP77 devs had put as much effort into the wide spectrum of side quests as Bethesda had in F4.
Agreed. Comparing the main story as a whole...to the side quests as a whole...the main story wins the “which is better” argument, easily. Many of the “not so great” side quests definitely could have been better with more effort. There were a few points where I did a few “not so great” ones in a row and then I got to one of those GREAT quests that basically made me forget the “not so greats”. It’s a shame that there are so many easily forgettable ones. I feel like the main quest was a “quality over quantity” scenario (and it shows. Comparatively speaking, the main story can be done pretty quickly. But it was fantastic!) Side quests, in my opinion, ended up being “quantity over quality”. Ton of side quests, with a fair amount of “not so great” ones.

Though I will also say that some of the side quests that I thought weren’t so great...would probably be better if I went at them with a different approach. My first playthrough was sort of a get it done any way I can. I did some stealth, some hacking, guns blazing...did it all. My next playthrough, once I get some more time to get into it, I want to go the NetRunner route and see how much I can do without firing a shot. How I build my character is also going to be VERY different. I spent points just for the sake of spending them. Didn’t invest into one skill tree more than any other. Now that I have a better understanding of how things work, I know where to spend my points to go the NetRunner way.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Agreed. Comparing the main story as a whole...to the side quests as a whole...the main story wins the “which is better” argument, easily. Many of the “not so great” side quests definitely could have been better with more effort. There were a few points where I did a few “not so great” ones in a row and then I got to one of those GREAT quests that basically made me forget the “not so greats”. It’s a shame that there are so many easily forgettable ones. I feel like the main quest was a “quality over quantity” scenario (and it shows. Comparatively speaking, the main story can be done pretty quickly. But it was fantastic!) Side quests, in my opinion, ended up being “quantity over quality”. Ton of side quests, with a fair amount of “not so great” ones.

Though I will also say that some of the side quests that I thought weren’t so great...would probably be better if I went at them with a different approach. My first playthrough was sort of a get it done any way I can. I did some stealth, some hacking, guns blazing...did it all. My next playthrough, once I get some more time to get into it, I want to go the NetRunner route and see how much I can do without firing a shot. How I build my character is also going to be VERY different. I spent points just for the sake of spending them. Didn’t invest into one skill tree more than any other. Now that I have a better understanding of how things work, I know where to spend my points to go the NetRunner way.
I'm impressed with myself when I take on guys with my blade and finish with them in about 20 seconds. My guess you are familiar with the bladed heavy attack, which decapitates opponents. It's not pretty when I'm done. :):) Having said that the AI is at a distinct disadvantage at least on normal difficulty. I'm standing next to people before they know I'm there and swish, there goes their head.

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
I'm impressed with myself when I take on guys with my blade and finish with them in about 20 seconds. My guess you are familiar with the bladed heavy attack, which decapitates opponents. It's not pretty when I'm done. :):) Having said that the AI is at a distinct disadvantage at least on normal difficulty. I'm standing next to people before they know I'm there and swish, there goes their head.
That's another change for my next playthrough! I didn't use the mantis blades this time. Had a lot of fun with the monowire though, but you're definitely right about the AI on normal. I'm going to give a higher difficulty a shot next time, so hopefully that changes things!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
That's another change for my next playthrough! I didn't use the mantis blades this time. Had a lot of fun with the monowire though, but you're definitely right about the AI on normal. I'm going to give a higher difficulty a shot next time, so hopefully that changes things!
If I'm not mistaken, mantis-blades can't be retracted or can they? They make you look like a freak. I prefer the Katana. :)

Last edited:

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
If I'm not mistaken, mono-blades can't be retracted or can they? They make you look like a freak. I prefer the Katana. :)
For other blades, I’m not sure. The monowire changes your arms a little bit. When you go to equip it, you pull this wire out of one arm and hold it with the opposite hand. From what I’ve seen on YouTube about the other arm options, monowire seems to be the “least invasive”. Plus, it even has this “lightsaber” aspect to it because it glows a green or orange! The way monowire is described in the Ripperdoc menu, basically imagine you’re pulling fishing line out of your arm ? Some enemies take more hits than others of course, but it’s fairly effective and looks cool!

Also, because I can’t recommend listening to it enough...this is the soundtrack from “Pyramid Song” that I mentioned earlier. Give it a listen! I can’t say with certainty that the comments are spoiler-free, so if you don’t want spoilers, don’t read them! What I will say though is that the track captures the mood of the quest perfectly and really was the cherry on top!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
For other blades, I’m not sure. The monowire changes your arms a little bit. When you go to equip it, you pull this wire out of one arm and hold it with the opposite hand. From what I’ve seen on YouTube about the other arm options, monowire seems to be the “least invasive”. Plus, it even has this “lightsaber” aspect to it because it glows a green or orange! The way monowire is described in the Ripperdoc menu, basically imagine you’re pulling fishing line out of your arm ? Some enemies take more hits than others of course, but it’s fairly effective and looks cool!

Also, because I can’t recommend listening to it enough...this is the soundtrack from “Pyramid Song” that I mentioned earlier. Give it a listen! I can’t say with certainty that the comments are spoiler-free, so if you don’t want spoilers, don’t read them! What I will say though is that the track captures the mood of the quest perfectly and really was the cherry on top!

Spell check got the better of me, I typed mono-blades, but meant mantis-blades and the characters I’ve seen with them look like freaks, but I’m still not sure if they can be hidden.

I’m considering mono-wire, but as my preferred melee is a katana blade, I really don’t see a need for it. I pick off a couple with pistol head shots, then charge in with my blade. The last thing I see is their startled expression before their head goes flying. It’s humane. ;)

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
Spell check got the better of me, I typed mono-blades, but meant mantis-blades and the characters I’ve seen with them look like freaks, but I’m still not sure if they can be hidden.

I’m considering mono-wire, but as my preferred melee is a katana blade, I really don’t see a need for it. I pick off a couple with pistol head shots, then charge in with my blade. The last thing I see is their startled expression before their head goes flying. It’s humane. ;)
Ahh gotcha! I want to say I’ve seen clips in YouTube videos showing that they can be hidden, but don’t quote me on that one.

I would assume they could be though, because if they are anything like the monowire, you can still cycle through your load out. For example, my loadout was the monowire, followed by the Omaha tech pistol, Zhao (spelling?) smart shotgun, and then the Gian smart smg. You can cycle through all 4 at will, as you would expect to be able to. The monowire replaces your “fist” slot (except for the Beat on the Brat fights).

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
After completing Act 1, I discovered a large area to the East of NC in Nomad land, out in the desert, has that always been there?

I think to have a player start as a Nomad, that an actual quest chain out in the desert would have been appropriate, instead of hurling you at the city in a single quest. It’s as if, why take the time to develop this geographic area, if you are just going to leave it? Maybe this was part of CD Projekt RED getting in over their heads?

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
After completing Act 1, I discovered a large area to the East of NC in Nomad land, out in the desert, has that always been there?

I think to have a player start as a Nomad, that an actual quest chain out in the desert would have been appropriate, instead of hurling you at the city in a single quest. It’s as if, why take the time to develop this geographic area, if you are just going to leave it? Maybe this was part of CD Projekt RED getting in over their heads?
Always there, yes. But I don't think it actually shows on the map (at least in it's entirety) until you get out of Act 1, which is also when you can finally venture to the rest of the city outside Watson. I'd have to pay more attention on my next play through. I could swear I remember thinking to myself "that wasn't on the map before" once I finished Act 1. I think you could see a small part of the Badlands on the map before that, but afterwards, you can see the whole thing.

My first play through was on the Corpo path, so the very first thing I saw in Night City was a bathroom in Arasaka Tower ? Can't vouch for the Nomad path until my next play through!

Without going into any actual detail of quests (therefore I don't think I'd call this a spoiler), you WILL be spending some decent time in the Badlands later on, and many of the quests out there are great!

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Always there, yes. But I don't think it actually shows on the map (at least in it's entirety) until you get out of Act 1, which is also when you can finally venture to the rest of the city outside Watson. I'd have to pay more attention on my next play through. I could swear I remember thinking to myself "that wasn't on the map before" once I finished Act 1. I think you could see a small part of the Badlands on the map before that, but afterwards, you can see the whole thing.

My first play through was on the Corpo path, so the very first thing I saw in Night City was a bathroom in Arasaka Tower ? Can't vouch for the Nomad path until my next play through!

Without going into any actual detail of quests (therefore I don't think I'd call this a spoiler), you WILL be spending some decent time in the Badlands later on, and many of the quests out there are great!
I cleaned out most of those badlands quests last night. I did one labeled "very difficult" where I had to steal a radar truck from a militech outpost- this was much more challenging than I was used to and I learned some things. It only took me about 15 tries to live though it to the end. ;) There are at least 2 more over there labeled difficult or danger high. For most of the illegal activity encounters, I discovered (if I wanted to) I could just plow into bad buys with a vehicle, and decided I'd rather have the weapon xp.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
All of a sudden, I’m running into bugs in CP77, Act 2, Post patch 1.1.

• I’ve discovered after I installed the Projectile Launch System, I can no longer use my Heart Pump. I can change the Quick Access, but the PLS always fires, even when I have the Heart Pump assigned to the quick access slot. Known bug.
  • At a neighborhood party, I entered a drinking and shooting contest (Quest: Stadium Love or something like that) and after drinking a shot of liquor at the second station, my gun dissapears making me fail the contest, because I can shoot targets in 12 sec. Known bug.
  • At a crime scene, I clean it out, I empty out the box with the skull icon, but the quest never completes, the area remains “hostile”, I can hear what sounds like people fighting or being beaten up, and laughing, but can’t find what triggers completing this area. :(

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I got rained on the first time, wondering if this was a new feature based on the 1.1 patch or if it was based on reaching a new area of town?

Also you could have knocked me over when a convenience store vendor actually thanked me for saving him. What the hell? ;)

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Most interesting in Night City is the reliance on vigilante muscle to maintain order. Last night a policeman involved in a shootout, thanked me after I saved him. Being thanked is not something I remember from early on game play.

Every do often I cut off the wrong head, and I feel bad enough, I usually repeat that segment to get it right. I’m still irritated that most people I bump into on the street will not talk to me. ?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
@Queen6, a question, you said choices in game made no difference to the ending. This article was written in Dec which says there are distinct different endings:

Care to comment? Just curious. :)

Queen6

macrumors G4
@Queen6, a question, you said choices in game made no difference to the ending. This article was written in Dec which says there are distinct different endings:

Care to comment? Just curious. :)
As what's been said 95% of the choices make for little to no difference, assuming the player completes the game; the character side missions and main story. The only one that's a little trickier is the hidden Silverhand ending and it's bound to a couple of questions not so much the reputation with Silverhand.

Endings are basically the same played out with differing characters. You will just have differing paths to the same objective as long as you keep a save game before the "point of no return" you can experience them all, barring the Silverhand ending as that is dependant on one conversation.

There is another exception adding some dialog depending if you saved Takemura or not, however does not alter the end result. Other than that all roads lead to Rome...

Q-6

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
As what's been said 95% of the choices make for little to no difference, assuming the player completes the game; the character side missions and main story. The only one that's a little trickier is the hidden Silverhand ending and it's bound to a couple of questions not so much the reputation with Silverhand.

Endings are basically the same played out with differing characters. You will just have differing paths to the same objective as long as you keep a save game before the "point of no return" you can experience them all, barring the Silverhand ending as that is dependant on one conversation.

There is another exception adding some dialog depending if you saved Takemura or not, however does not alter the end result. Other than that all roads lead to Rome...

Q-6
Hmm. This is why I tend to read spoiler guides, because options are manufactured, it’s not like you have a full spectrum of options. It’s whatever the Devs decided to include. This was one of my pet peeves with F4, 2 options, you are either with the Institute or you blow it up. That drove me crazy, until it was addressed in a mod. :)

Queen6

macrumors G4
Hmm. This is why I tend to read spoiler guides, because options are manufactured, it’s not like you have a full spectrum of options. It’s whatever the Devs decided to include. This was one of my pet peeves with F4, 2 options, you are either with the Institute or you blow it up. That drove me crazy, until it was addressed in a mod. :)
TBH I tend to avoid them until I've completed the game or absolutely stuck. It's simply became apparent to me fairly early in the the gameplay that the vast majority was on rails. I started to replay some missions deliberately choosing a different direction, which barring dialog mostly only resulted in the same outcome...

CDPR has a lot of work to do on the bugs alone, never mind the gameplay mechanics which may never be fully addressed. Right now I'm of the opinion that CDPR will focus on the bugs and some limited DLC's with the prime effort to get Cyberpunk 2077 Online out to the widest possible audience to further cash in on the brand.

I seriously doubt that we will ever see the game CDPR illustrated and promised to it's customers as they will simply gloss over and move on as we have already seen with CDPR's half hearted apology, deliberately omitting many concerns.

In many respects Cyberpunk 2077 launch is a prime example of exactly what poor shape the gaming industry and content review outlets are in today. More to the point just how little they actually value the customer, churning out unfinished broken products that may or may not be fixed, shill reviews and blatant lies. Only solution is to cease rewarding such behaviour and tactics with your hard earned money...

Q-6

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
TBH I tend to avoid them until I've completed the game or absolutely stuck. It's simply became apparent to me fairly early in the the gameplay that the vast majority was on rails. I started to replay some missions deliberately choosing a different direction, which barring dialog mostly only resulted in the same outcome...

CDPR has a lot of work to do on the bugs alone, never mind the gameplay mechanics which may never be fully addressed. Right now I'm of the opinion that CDPR will focus on the bugs and some limited DLC's with the prime effort to get Cyberpunk 2077 Online out to the widest possible audience to further cash in on the brand.

I seriously doubt that we will ever see the game CDPR illustrated and promised to it's customers as they will simply gloss over and move on as we have already seen with CDPR's half hearted apology, deliberately omitting many concerns.

In many respects Cyberpunk 2077 launch is a prime example of exactly what poor shape the gaming industry and content review outlets are in today. More to the point just how little they actually value the customer, churning out unfinished broken products that may or may not be fixed, shill reviews and blatant lies. Only solution is to cease rewarding such behaviour and tactics with your hard earned money...

Q-6
Once I hit Act 2, I started churning side quests, so I have yet to see the choices that may affect the out come of the main quest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.