Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queen6

macrumors G4
I really sick of listening to the same tv clip every time I start up the game. Couldn't they have cycled them? ?
What started to grate on me was the in combat NPC voicing with the same phrases expletives/profanities & voice actors repeated endlessly in each side mission. F.E.A.R. from 2005 has a far better use of NPC in combat dialog combined with in game AI, never coming across as annoying and presenting a genuine challenge at higher levels.

Q-6

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntn

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
So both my first and my current playthorough are on the Corpo life path. Just for the heck of it, I decided to start a new game last night just to experience the other life path prologues. My opinion? All three prologues are good. However, the Corpo one is definitely my favorite. The combination of the opening dialogue between V and Jackie, the background music, and the dark atmosphere just felt...wrong (in a good way). Walking through Arasaka HQ during the prologue, I had this feeling of “I shouldn’t be here”. Something felt off during that entire prologue and I loved every second of it.

I also liked the choice of mission title for that opening. Calling the mission “The Corpo-Rat” really fit the feeling.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
So both my first and my current playthorough are on the Corpo life path. Just for the heck of it, I decided to start a new game last night just to experience the other life path prologues. My opinion? All three prologues are good. However, the Corpo one is definitely my favorite. The combination of the opening dialogue between V and Jackie, the background music, and the dark atmosphere just felt...wrong (in a good way). Walking through Arasaka HQ during the prologue, I had this feeling of “I shouldn’t be here”. Something felt off during that entire prologue and I loved every second of it.

I also liked the choice of mission title for that opening. Calling the mission “The Corpo-Rat” really fit the feeling.

Well my second play though will be Corpo. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Queen6 and iOS Geek

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
Well my second play though will be Corpo. :)
As I'm sure you've noticed, the life path doesn't have much bearing on the story (other than the different dialogue options), and I do wish it played into it more, but oh well. All of the prologues were very well done, so I can't complain about that!

But yeah, the Corpo prologue, like I said, just felt "wrong". Like you are screwed from the start. I loved it! I also think it gives you the most contrast of the three. Going from the rich Corpo to ending up on the streets in the quest to find Sandra Dorsett, was a great image of "how far I've fallen".

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
As I'm sure you've noticed, the life path doesn't have much bearing on the story (other than the different dialogue options), and I do wish it played into it more, but oh well. All of the prologues were very well done, so I can't complain about that!

But yeah, the Corpo prologue, like I said, just felt "wrong". Like you are screwed from the start. I loved it! I also think it gives you the most contrast of the three. Going from the rich Corpo to ending up on the streets in the quest to find Sandra Dorsett, was a great image of "how far I've fallen".
They really short changed the starting paths at least Nomad, which is just window dressing. There should have been a legitimate quest chain, not a single mission. Yeah you are a Nomad who drives straight to the city, how distinctive and unique. ;)

Reactions: iOS Geek

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
They really short changed the starting paths at least Nomad, which is just window dressing. There should have been a legitimate quest chain, not a single mission. Yeah you are a Nomad who drives straight to the city, how distinctive and unique. ;)
Not sure if it's true or not, but I read somewhere that the montage you watch after the prologue, some (if not ALL of it) was actually originally meant to be a playable quest line. True or not...and whether it would have been a prologue quest line or not, I do wish they did something to make the prologue longer.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Not sure if it's true or not, but I read somewhere that the montage you watch after the prologue, some (if not ALL of it) was actually originally meant to be a playable quest line. True or not...and whether it would have been a prologue quest line or not, I do wish they did something to make the prologue longer.
I can see it happening that way. The 6 months (or whatever it was) after the prolog struck me as strange, a short cut, juicy territory that just got skipped over. ?

My routine after Act 1 is go zone to zone clearing out Gigs, side-quests, and illegal activity events. Most of it, besides the fun of surviving a killing interaction, as compared to the main quest is shallow, mostly feels like filler.

I’ve run into a couple of quests which are interesting, one was a bartender‘s wife I followed, and the other was a group of hoodlums hired by Arasaka, to attack Arasaka using Militec vehicles. This might lead to something else, but most of the filler activity is just that, a group of hoodlums, who are begging to be killed And I grant them their wish. :) Sometimes in the cleanup phase I find a disoriented bad person and I usually subdue them with my bat, no head removal. ;)

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Last night I stumbled across a Mizutani Shion Targa in a garage and I want that car! It's the only convertible I have seen, yet my research seems to be this car is not offered for sale. I drove it around for a while before giving up on it. :(

Mizutani_Shion_Targa_MZT.png

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
Took a car and drove to the north end of the map. (The oil fields). There's a fast travel marker on the main road. Once you find it, it's called "101 North". Interestingly, not long after that point, and loooooooong before the road ends on the map, the game turned me back around saying nothing is there for me.....yet. So I'll assume a future DLC will have us in the oil fields.

Also, while in the oil fields, if you go to the side roads, there are pools of oil. Driving on those brings back memories of learning how to drive in the winter and learning to correct yourself when sliding on a snow/ice covered parking lot ?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The Night City Park is pretty amazing. A quest took me there to a monk, who had a brain dance for me to meditate by and when I came out of it, he was gone!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Not the most expensive car by far, and besides the Mizutani Shion Targa and only convertible I've seen, which is not for sale as far as I know, this would be my favorite car:

AVENGER.jpg
Type-66 Avenger $55k- Fastback mustang look alike.
Yet these sports cars are just way to squirrely, all over the road if you drive agressively. And the game won't allow you to drive one without first purchasing it, although that can be mitigated with a save game.

That said, Jackie's Arch a motorcycle is my best vehicle for getting around town, allowing you to blast up and down city streets avoiding conflicting traffic. In a car, you end up frequently stuck behind traffic. And the Arch is free via quest, which you will normally run into.

cyberpunk2077_fahrzeuge_archnazarejackie.jpg

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The Main Quests: Automatic Love, followed by Space In Between, Disasterpiece, Double life, the cumulative effort to locate Evelyn Parker, the person who is behind The Heist quest is very impressive along with your contact with Takemura the disenfranchised body guard who now has his own agenda.

In the last stages of searching for Evelyn, along with Judy Avalrez as a companion for this quest, I found myself filled with a sense of dread as to what I was going to find along with the exhilaration of exacting vigilante justice on perps, an accepted norm in Night City. :D

The involvement of Johnny Silver hands in your life although less impressive, I am enjoying this aspect of the story , his sudden appearances, along with his pithy observations. :)

Cyberpunk-Keanu.jpg

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
That said, Jackie's Arch a motorcycle is my best vehicle for getting around town, allowing you to blast up and down city streets avoiding conflicting traffic. In a car, you end up frequently stuck behind traffic. And the Arch is free via quest, which you will normally run into.

This is my favorite transportation for getting around town...:D
cp2077favtrans.jpg

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
This is my favorite transportation for getting around town...:D
cp2077favtrans.jpg
I much prefer the immersive nature of driving through magnificent Night City. It’s a work of art, having never seen anything like this in a video game before. Just don’t try to start up a conversation with a passing citizen. ;)

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
I went back to my save file for my first play through and decided to go through some remaining side quests. OH MY GOD, I had no idea just how much I DIDN’T do before going to Embers! I started a quest thinking it was going to be a quick one mission thing. Nope, it’s an entire freaking character line and I’ve been in it for a few hours!???

Needless to say, I’ll be digging more into other side quests and then I’ll go back to Embers to do the ending again!

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
Ok, so I knew Night City was a city that had no place for people with good intentions. So technically, I shouldn’t be surprised, but wow. The Peralez quest line really solidified that opinion. If you have good intentions…you have no place in Night City. None.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Main Quest Spoiler (I think)
Evenly Parker the one who sets up The Heist. She disappears, taken captive to a place where they do underground snuff brain dances. We discover that the Voodoo Boys are involved, but were they involved from the start in planning The Heist, or did they just end up kidnapping her for another reason, or to get her out of the way ? I mean maybe I'll discover this as the Quest : M'ap Tann Pelen unfolds.
Thanks!

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
During my first playthrough, I created a separate save file prior to the Pyramid Song quest. (Loaded a previous save after doing that quest when I decided I’d like to be able to go back to this one again and again ?). Well...just for the heck of it, I loaded it up and played through that quest again. Further solidified my stance on it being one of my absolute favorites in Cyberpunk! I’ve said once before that I wish I could experience this one for the first time again...but since I can’t, I’ll have to settle for replays. Glad I have that save file! It will remain a “DO NOT DELETE OR SAVE OVER THIS” file!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
During my first playthrough, I created a separate save file prior to the Pyramid Song quest. (Loaded a previous save after doing that quest when I decided I’d like to be able to go back to this one again and again ?). Well...just for the heck of it, I loaded it up and played through that quest again. Further solidified my stance on it being one of my absolute favorites in Cyberpunk! I’ve said once before that I wish I could experience this one for the first time again...but since I can’t, I’ll have to settle for replays. Glad I have that save file! It will remain a “DO NOT DELETE OR SAVE OVER THIS” file!
For a any one who specifically does not want to know end game stuff, don’t read.

Even though you are meant almost to be a loner in your day to day existence, I enjoyed having companions in their specific quest chains, yet if you romance them, the climax of those relationships seemed to be one night stands even though that is not completely true, yet after the associated quests are complete there is not a lot to say to each other. I am on the cusp of completing the main quest as a female V, and Judy Avalerez has expressed the equivalent of love so with the ending I‘ve chosen, I read she may appear at the end. We’ll see. :)

After I finish this ending I will post more about endings, because one particular ending as I’ve read seems a bit messed up. More on this later.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I haven't played for a while... a patch is supposed to be released in a few weeks... hopefully.

EDIT: Probably not hopeful... the info I read was from an old thread...

Last edited:

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
For a any one who specifically does not want to know end game stuff, don’t read.

Even though you are meant almost to be a loner in your day to day existence, I enjoyed having companions in their specific quest chains, yet if you romance them, the climax of those relationships seemed to be one night stands even though that is not completely true, yet after the associated quests are complete there is not a lot to say to each other. I am on the cusp of completing the main quest as a female V, and Judy Avalerez has expressed the equivalent of love so with the ending I‘ve chosen, I read she may appear at the end. We’ll see. :)

After I finish this ending I will post more about endings, because one particular ending as I’ve read seems a bit messed up. More on this later.
Definitely true to the point I bolded. It's a shame really that that's how it ends up. With all the talk of cut content, I wonder if more in depth relationships was a victim of that. I wish Cyberpunk had something like GTA where you could call other characters to hang out. Give us some activities to do around Night City, things like that. On the list of characters I wish I could have more time with at the end of their quest lines...Judy ranks number one. Absolutely LOVED her character. I'll put a spoiler below. Your choice on whether or not you choose to read it!

You've read correctly. Judy CAN appear at the end, but it hinges entirely on a choice you make on the rooftop with Johnny not long after you begin the mission after the point of no return. You'll know when you're at this moment. It's made obvious at the time! Make the right choice and you will have the ending I got my very first time around, and was glad to because after loading the point of no return save to go through the other endings, the first one I got was definitely the best!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Definitely true to the point I bolded. It's a shame really that that's how it ends up. With all the talk of cut content, I wonder if more in depth relationships was a victim of that. I wish Cyberpunk had something like GTA where you could call other characters to hang out. Give us some activities to do around Night City, things like that. On the list of characters I wish I could have more time with at the end of their quest lines...Judy ranks number one. Absolutely LOVED her character. I'll put a spoiler below. Your choice on whether or not you choose to read it!

You've read correctly. Judy CAN appear at the end, but it hinges entirely on a choice you make on the rooftop with Johnny not long after you begin the mission after the point of no return. You'll know when you're at this moment. It's made obvious at the time! Make the right choice and you will have the ending I got my very first time around, and was glad to because after loading the point of no return save to go through the other endings, the first one I got was definitely the best!
This is definitely one of the aspects of this game, it is so freaking good you can almost slip into thinking this is a full blown simulation where semi-realistic relationships might exist, at least more than what the game offers up. So later after the affair(s), if you go over to Judy’s or River‘s there is basically nothing to talk about which feels like a slap in the face. The same goes for the whole city, it buzzes with activity, but if you treat it as a simulation you quickly recognize just how superficially, shallow it is. That first 6 months after the first mission where the games wizzes through it with a cut scene, is that all cut content?

I really appreciate that I go go over the River‘s for a cookout with his family, and even help makes an entree. I appreciate Judy took me to her old submerged neighborhood. I can only guess about PanAm, because playing a female, she is off limits in the romance dept, just as Judy is if you play a male V.

But despite the polished nature of the Main Quest line, and significant character side quests, the vast majority of the game in comparison feels like filler, day after day of minor Gigs, side quests, with practically zero reason even to hang out in your apartment. Why even bother to sleep, I’ve noticed no benefit.

Sure, when fighting, there are nice tactical setups where you can hone your stealth skills, or whirl in with your blades slicing and dicing, but with some minor tactics and common sense, no one can stand up to you, at least not to me, and I was speced in blades, pistols, body (athletics) and Cool, and... I am a killing machine. Lots of XP to be had, but it feels like an empty, lone wolf, existence. At least in Fallout 4, you had someone hanging with you. :)

End Game Spoilers
I was on the roof talking to Johnny, and when the anyone you want to call? question came up, I almost did not call Judy, just PanAm and I blew River off. Then I had second thoughts, reverted to a save on the roof and called Judy. You know the conversation, and I got a positive conversation with commitment from her. Then I called PanAm and asked for help.

Last time I played I was doing stuff at the Nomad camp, preparing for the big mission, and figure my next in-game time will be the big ending.

Last edited:
Reactions: Queen6

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
This is definitely one of the aspects of this game, it is so freaking good you can almost slip into thinking this is a full blown simulation where semi-realistic relationships might exist, at least more than what the game offers up. So later after the affair(s), if you go over to Judy’s or River‘s there is basically nothing to talk about which feels like a slap in the face. The same goes for the whole city, it buzzes with activity, but if you treat it as a simulation you quickly recognize just how superficially, shallow it is. That first 6 months after the first mission where the games wizzes through it with a cut scene, is that all cut content?

I really appreciate that I go go over the River‘s for a cookout with his family, and even help makes an entree. I appreciate Judy took me to her old submerged neighborhood. I can only guess about PanAm, because playing a female, she is off limits in the romance dept, just as Judy is if you play a male V.

But despite the polished nature of the Main Quest line, and significant character side quests, the vast majority of the game in comparison feels like filler, day after day of minor Gigs, side quests, with practically zero reason even to hang out in your apartment. Why even bother to sleeps, I’ it noticed a y benefit.

Sure, when fighting, there are nice tactical setups where you can hone your stealth skills, or whirl in with your blades slicing and dicing, but with some minor tactics and common sense, no one can stand up to you, at least not to me, and I was speced in blades, pistols, body (athletics) and Cool, and... I am a killing machine. Lots of XP to be had, but it feels like an empty, lone wolf, existence. At least in Fallout 4, you had someone hanging with you. :)

End Game Spoilers
I was on the roof talking to Johnny, and when the anyone you want to call? question came up, I almost did not call Judy, just PanAm and I blew River off. Then I had second thoughts, reverted to a save on the roof and called Judy. You know the conversation, and I got a positive conversation with commitment from her. Then I called PanAm and asked for help.

Last time I played I was doing stuff at the Nomad camp, preparing for the big mission, and figure my next in-game time will be the big ending.
Hit the nail on the head there. The main story was great, many of the character side quests were just as good. As mentioned, Judy's quest line was my favorite, but I also enjoyed Kerry's quest line. Panam's quest line was also good, but of her quests...I'd rank the one where you had to take down the Kang Tao AV at the top. LOVED that one!

I enjoyed the Gigs. Found quite a few that were a fun challenge. The Organized Crime quests were good. Assault in Progress quests got very repetitive, very fast. Those were definitely my least favorite and sure came across as filler.

Mentioning the apartment and also Fallout brings up another good point. I would have liked to see something similar to Fallout where sleeping gave you a temporary bonus. It's been a while since I played Fallout, so I don't remember exactly what that bonus did. I just remember getting one that lasted a while.

You made the right choice on calling Judy! You'll see her again in your ending.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Hit the nail on the head there. The main story was great, many of the character side quests were just as good. As mentioned, Judy's quest line was my favorite, but I also enjoyed Kerry's quest line. Panam's quest line was also good, but of her quests...I'd rank the one where you had to take down the Kang Tao AV at the top. LOVED that one!

I enjoyed the Gigs. Found quite a few that were a fun challenge. The Organized Crime quests were good. Assault in Progress quests got very repetitive, very fast. Those were definitely my least favorite and sure came across as filler.

Mentioning the apartment and also Fallout brings up another good point. I would have liked to see something similar to Fallout where sleeping gave you a temporary bonus. It's been a while since I played Fallout, so I don't remember exactly what that bonus did. I just remember getting one that lasted a while.

You made the right choice on calling Judy! You'll see her again in your ending.
Finished up my first play through last night, great ending...with Judy! :D I appreciate your input. For anyone who wants to know, that is the Star/Along the Watchtower ending.

I think my critiques about CP77 Gigs being shallow is based on a comparison of just how good the main quests, and companion side quests are. They exposure you to a new level of interaction and possibilities not before seen in a RPG of this type, at least I have not seen them.

I‘m probably repetitive at this point, but constantly talk about and make comparisons with Fallout 4, yet the vast majority of those F4 quests are straight forward combat quests, clear out this location of bad guys with an objective, prepare a location for a settlement, retrieve an item, escort a person from point A to B, and build settlements if you want too.

However, there are good themes/threads in F4, which is to discover the fate of your son who was stolen out of a cryo chamber along with making the Commonwealth a better place to live, and virtually all companions have some issue they want you to help them out with. ;) But when push comes to shove, your interactions with characters is just as limited as it is with anyone you approach on the street in CP77. Although settlers do thank you in F4 for helping them, I spent a long time in CP77 before anyone thanked me on the street for helping, but suddenly they started to. A police officer in a manner of thanking told me he might not have survived that (without my help).

In F4, it is those themes that carry you. CP77 is so good, you expect more from all the characters, and I’d ask why add a talk to label on strangers if they are just going to blow you off? Anyway it’s a situation where CD Projekt Red made an environment that is so good, you naturally expect much more.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.