Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Plot Spoilers
One exception to my previous post, Gig called Radar Love out in the desert against a group of Militech soldiers is probably the most challenging gig in the game. Note I did not refer to a cheat sheet like: https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-radar-love-gig-walkthrough/ in advance.

EE7A0710-27DF-4577-AF96-184EF6EBE07D.jpeg
Radar Love Gig Location​

Militech is basically bad. I’ve been killing them for a while now. At first I thought they are the equivalent of police, but they are not. One of your handlers, Dakota sends you to fetch a specially configured radar truck located at an abandoned hotel, Militech has turned into a base of operations. It does not happen often at this point, but it’s one gig that took about 10 tries to get through it. I mean I could just stay out in the brush and pick them off one at a time while moving, but at this stage in the game, I thought I should be able to actively engage and dominate close up. Not quite. The issue is when you have 4-6 people/bots all focused on and shooting at you. ;)
  • 3 Turrets
  • 2-3 Snipers
  • 3 surveillance cameras
  • 3 killer bots at least one with a gun that likes you fast.
  • 1-2 flying drones
  • 15 or so armed agents
After you figure out where they are, the turrets, cameras, and bots can be hacked and disabled while you are running about like a Jack rabbit dodging bullets. :)

Last edited:

Queen6

macrumors G4
One exception to my previous post, Gig called Radar Love out in the desert against a group of Militech soldiers is probably the most challenging gig in the game. Note I did not refer to a cheat sheet like: https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-radar-love-gig-walkthrough/ in advance.

View attachment 2121114
Radar Love Gig Location​

Militech is basically bad. I’ve been killing them for a while now. At first I thought they are the equivalent of police, but they are not. One of your handlers, Dakota sends you to fetch a specially configured radar truck located at an abandoned hotel, Militech has turned into a base of operations. It does not happen often at this point, but it’s one gig that took about 10 tries to get through it. I mean I could just stay out in the brush and pick them off one at a time while moving, but at this stage in the game, I thought I should be able to actively engage and dominate close up. Not quite. The issue is when you have 4-6 people/bots all focused on and shooting at you. ;)
  • 3 Turrets
  • 2-3 Snipers
  • 3 surveillance cameras
  • 3 killer bots at least one with a gun that likes you fast.
  • 1-2 flying drones
  • 15 or so armed agents
After you figure out where they are, the turrets, cameras, and bots can be hacked and disabled while you are running about like a Jack rabbit dodging bullets. :)
Stealth mission is super easy once you see the path ;). I remember banging my head against this one until I saw the way :)

Q-6

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Stealth mission is super easy once you see the path ;). I remember banging my head against this one until I saw the way :)

Q-6
Are you saying you stealthed this entire mission? :) My experience has been that stealth only takes you so far in CP2077. I usually get away with 3 stealth kills before some one starts yelling, Come on out, we won’t hurt you! :oops:However I have completed all of the specific stealth missions, the ones that ask you to do it quietly for a bonus.

For Radar Love, there are so many adversaries, yet. If I decide to do it again, thinking about it, I could stealth it and take the van, but I don’t think I could stealth the entire thing by killing everyone.

I’d climb the water tower first and take care of a sniper, then disable 3 of the turrets, and 2 cameras, jump to the building, take care of the sniper there, then jump down to the garage, enter the vehicle and drive out… but that is not as much XP has killing everyone, however it is more realistic. ;)

I have mentioned a moral aspect of the game, I don’t kill everyone, it depends. If the game offered the ability for adversaries to surrender, I’d be happy to cuff them and call authorities, but they rarely do, sometimes your target will bargain with you and it depends on circumstances how I treat them.

Last edited:

Queen6

macrumors G4
Are you saying you steakthed this entire mission? :) My experience has been that stealth only takes you so far in CP2077. I usually get away with 3 stealth kills before some one starts yelling, Come on out, we won’t hurt you! :oops:However I have completed all of the specific stealth missions, the ones that ask you to do it quietly for a bonus.

For Radar Love, there are so many adversaries, yet. If I decide to do it again, thinking about it, I could stealth it and take the van, but I don’t think I could stealth the entire thing by killing everyone.

I’d climb the water tower first and take care of a sniper, then disable 3 of the turrets, and 2 cameras, jump to the building, take care of the sniper there, then jump down to the garage, enter the vehicle and drive out… but that is not as much XP has killing everyone, however it is more realistic. ;)

I have mentioned a moral aspect of the game, I don’t kill everyone, it depends. If the game offered the ability for adversaries to surrender, I’d be happy to cuff them and call authorities, but they rarely do, sometimes your target will bargain with you and it depends on circumstances how I treat them.
Yep, been a while but is entirely doable. If memory serves, need to climb the wall left side of the main entrance, watch the guards carefully, jump down, run into the opposite building, watch the guards again, run to the radar truck, enter the vehicle then bust out through the front gate. Once your free and clear games AI won't peruse.

No need to kill any NPC, well unless you mow them down with the vehicle on the breakout. I agree is one of the harder missions if you kick in the front door all guns blazing, but stealth to coin a phrase "a walk in the park" If you have a save point try it and you'll see :)

Credit where credit is due as CP2077 allows for both tactics :)

Q-6

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Yep, been a while but is entirely doable. If memory serves, need to climb the wall left side of the main entrance, watch the guards carefully, jump down, run into the opposite building, watch the guards again, run to the radar truck, enter the vehicle then bust out through the front gate. Once your free and clear games AI won't peruse.

No need to kill any NPC, well unless you mow them down with the vehicle on the breakout. I agree is one of the harder missions if you kick in the front door all guns blazing, but stealth to coin a phrase "a walk in the park" If you have a save point try it and you'll see :)

Credit where credit is due as CP2077 allows for both tactics :)

Q-6
So it’s the hardest Gig if you attempt to put them all down. :)

Unless it is said to “please take care of this quietly”, I tend to take it as a challenge as to how to best navigate and eliminate all opposition. XP is greatly increased with this method. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Queen6

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Plot Spoilers
I maybe repeating myself, but Takemura has become one of my favorite characters in a video game. His fast transition from “Corpo”, a dirty word to those struggling, to outsider, savior, and ally is rapid and I enjoy interacting with him, there’s even a chance to kid him, which he does not appreciate. :)

On this play through, just finished the Play It Safe and Search and Destroy quests involve a parade through Japan Town, a float carrying Saburo’s adult Daughter, one of the heirs of the Corporation, dealing with security, 3 strategically place snipers, and her personal body guard, in an effort for Takemura to get close to, and show her the light.

8750B2F6-1D6A-4B91-A27A-16B95451AF81.jpeg

As a 50 Attributes/50 Street Credits character it was dynamic, but a bit on the easy side, including the boss fight, but still I highly enjoyed the environment, navigating though dense crowds of spectators to get into a position to neutralize the security snipers, and especially the hidden quest Search and Destroy, to save Takemura. This is one of those moments (after The Heist) IMO where the CP2077 entertainment quotient spikes allowing me to immerse myself in the environment, making me feel like I’m part of something, the job of any good video game. Yes, not everyone agrees with this appraisel, but for me it clicks.

First play though, I had no clue about the saving part. You’ve fallen through a collapsed floor, you are told to run, with a yellow line away from the area. It takes a concerted effort on your part, against your instincts, if you don’t have fortified ankles (vertical jumping back up though the hole ), to get back up there. I have Reinforced Tendons because I prefer the more horizontal double jumps, but as in most cases in this game there is an alternate path back upstairs, and it’s not found by following the yellow line. And you’ll have Johnny bitching at you, when you do this. Shut up Johnny. :D

It’s also fun when you let Johnny take over your body so he can talk to Rogue (one of his old flames) with a purpose, and he goes off the rails a bit. 😆

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
spoilers as usual for near the end
I’m sure some of you if not avoiding this thread already, ;) are getting sick of hearing me drone on about CP2077’s wonderfullnes, but here goes anyway. :p I’m at the point where V has to make a decision.

Some of you know that the main character V has an AI construct in her/his head, named Johnny Silverhand who she/he has developed a friendship with, but there is a process going on that neither can control where it’s slowly taking over her brain.

Hanako, the Arasaka heiress has made her offer as a solution, told her I’d think about it. Then fainted, and ended up on Vic the Ripperdoc’s table. He got me going again, Misty gave me a tarot reading with choices presented.

I who am a smart, at least a player who does my research in advance, ;) read up about the possible endings and chose what is labeled the Along the Watch Tower ending choosing PanAm and the Aldacados Nomad clan.

8ECB7145-C818-4DAA-A5F1-EFA8D55E5053.jpeg

Welcome to the Aldecaldos​

First they made me a member of their tribe which was great (partially because I helped PanAm out a lot) and now I’m filling the checks in the boxes to prepare for the mission of crashing Arasaka tower in part using a hijacked military hover tank, to reach Mikoshi, a prison for souls connected to cyberspace and relying on a powerful AI construct, Alt Cunningham to untangle our personalities.

I’ve already admitted I’m assimilated, but this feels epic. :D:D

Last edited:

Queen6

macrumors G4
spoilers as usual for near the end
I’m sure some of you if not avoiding this thread already, ;) are getting sick of hearing me drone on about CP2077’s wonderfullnes, but here goes anyway. :p I’m at the point where V has to make a decision.

Some of you know that the main character V has an AI construct in her/his head, named Johnny Silverhand who she/he has developed a friendship with, but there is a process going on that neither can control where it’s slowly taking over her brain.

Hanako, the Arasaka heiress has made her offer as a solution, told her I’d think about it. Then fainted, and ended up on Vic the Ripperdoc’s table. He got me going again, Misty gave me a tarot reading with choices presented.

I who am a smart, at least a player who does my research in advance, ;) read up about the possible endings and chose what is labeled the Along the Watch Tower ending choosing PanAm and the Aldacados Nomad clan.

View attachment 2124505
Welcome to the Aldecaldos​

First they made me a member of their tribe, and now I’m filling the checks in the boxes to prepare for the mission of crashing Arasaka tower in part using a hijacked military hover tank, to reach Mikoshi, a prison for souls and relying on a powerful AI construct, Alt Cunningham to untangle our personalities.

I’ve already admitted I’m assimilated, but this feels epic. :D:D
PanAm and the Aldacados Nomad clan is the better ending IMO, for the challenge going in solo with Jhonny is pretty good :)

Q-6

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
PanAm and the Aldacados Nomad clan is the better ending IMO, for the challenge going in solo with Jhonny is pretty good :)

Q-6
After I identified the “best ending” I’ve stuck with it. Is the solo Johnny ending, the “secret” ending? I’d need to look at the ending descriptions again, but I think I read that it (the secret ending) is one shot, if you die, it ends the game. I see no appeal in the Arasaka ending, and not sure about the Rogue and Johnny ending which is one of the endings. As one who has tried both the Nomad and Corpo starts, not only is the Nomad start the most fleshed out, but I like the Nomads. If I remember correctly, the Street Kid start, might not even have a starter quest. Even as a former Corpo you can develop a relationship with the Aldecaldos and they will adopt you.

Queen6

macrumors G4
After I identified the “best ending” I’ve stuck with it. Is the solo Johnny ending, the “secret” ending? I’d need to look at the ending descriptions again, but I think I read that it (the secret ending) is one shot, if you die, it ends the game. I see no appeal in the Arasaka ending, and not sure about the Rogue and Johnny ending which is one of the endings. As one who has tried both the Nomad and Corpo starts, not only is the Nomad start the most fleshed out, but I like the Nomads. If I remember correctly, the Street Kid start, might not even have a starter quest. Even as a former Corpo you can develop a relationship with the Aldecaldos and they will adopt you.
Yes, the not so secret ending 😂 but need, I think 75% positive with Johnny to get the option. TBH I've played them all out and they are much of a muchness. Not bad but not great and they all funnel to the same end game options...

Overall, the PanAm ending is the better IMO. Played all three entry points, 40 minutes into the game it's all the same, barring some minor dialouge options that don't do jack...

Q-6

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Final Spoilers (I don’t insist on agreement) :) I was emotionally effected by the (Along the Watch Tower) ending. No, I did not cry, ;) but in a game, I felt like I was part of a significant event. :cool:

92EF3F1B-031C-48E8-82E5-E1B40C9E900D.jpeg

My V says goodbye to Johnny releasing his bullet necklace into the wind.
This is while living dangerously, riding on the hood of your hover tank
while it zips along @50mph on auto cruise with noone at the wheel. 😆​

All Along The Watch Tower Ending 12/22, Foward To Death:
  • Significant losses, no surprise really.
  • Militech takes it in the shorts. When you are not blasting the hell out of them in your Basilisk, a couple of grenades, moving fast, followed by your whirling blade of steel worked nicely (50/50 character- blade, pistol, cool, body/athletic, hard difficulty) on each group of enemies assaulting your position at the future transit tunnel.
  • Adam Smasher show down, took him entirely with my Jinchu-Maru Katana (536 DPS, 5 strikes a second; retrieved from Sanayu Oda during Play It Safe). Circle and slice. Gave him my regards from Johnny before sending him on his way to the After Life, not the bar by the same name. :)
  • V, Judy, PanAm and the Aldecaldo Clan head for the tunnel at the border, crash their way though, on their way to Tucson for a new start.
  • Instead of hoofing off to Cyberspace, I let Johnny go and returned to my new family to spend whatever time I have with them. During the rolling of credits, you get ❤️ Goodbye kisses (videos) from a variety of people, you know in NC. My favorite is from Takemura, who even though I saved his life, after bailing on Hanako, wishes for V to burn in hell.
  • During the game ending , I could of sworn I heard on the radio that Hanako was killed by a terrorist, thinking that it was her brother, but I can’t find anything on line about it. 🤔
  • At the end of the freaking long credits 25 min worth, a window pops up you are offered an opportunity to return to NC, with 3 bonus pieces of gear. I got an Aldecaldos Jacket, a Gorilla Arm, and a Militech Berserk MK5 Cyberware. I will probably not continue playing this, at least this play though. My impression is that it rolls back time, handy if you want to experiment with other endings. The best time to do a manual save is during Nocturn OP55N1 quest just after Misty invites you to her special place up on the roof, after waking up on Vic’s table.
  • IMO it’s best to be familiar with the endings so you know exactly what you are getting yourself into, but if you prefer not knowing in advance, I’m good with that. :D

Last edited:

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
So is anyone gonna revisit Night City to check out the Path tracing?
Have you seen any comparison videos on YouTube? I came across one the other day and I’d have to say I can’t decide what I think about it 😂 I think it looks good…but as a console player…it’s not something I’ll be able to use. Heck, if I remember correctly, the bulk of PC players can’t even use it.

That being said, (in my opinion) the game has always looked great and the comparisons I’ve seen make it look better. But since it’s something that so little of the player base will actually get to use...ehh. I would have liked to see an update that would have benefitted everyone. As a console player, we didn’t get an update at all.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
This is what I read:

You may not want to turn on path tracing for the performance hit, but there’s a good chunk of people who simply shouldn’t turn on path tracing. Cyberpunk 2077‘s path tracing works best on RTX 40-series graphics cards, so you should have at least an RTX 4070 Ti to turn it on. It technically works on the RTX 3090 as well, though the developer says that you should expect the game to run at 30 frames per second (fps) at 1080p. With other GPUs, good luck.
….I’ve gotta 2070 card, but I have played through the game 3 times already.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
This is what I read:

You may not want to turn on path tracing for the performance hit, but there’s a good chunk of people who simply shouldn’t turn on path tracing. Cyberpunk 2077‘s path tracing works best on RTX 40-series graphics cards, so you should have at least an RTX 4070 Ti to turn it on. It technically works on the RTX 3090 as well, though the developer says that you should expect the game to run at 30 frames per second (fps) at 1080p. With other GPUs, good luck.
….I’ve gotta 2070 card, but I have played through the game 3 times already.
Do it!!!

• Haha

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty DLC Sept 2023...

While Cyberpunk 2077 is in a much-better place than it was at launch, the game is obviously still missing some major previously planned features. Fans added some of those features into the game via mods, but the core game is still short of a ton of promised content. Interestingly, it sounds like the Phantom Liberty DLC will add some of those missing pieces back to the puzzle. Read more at the link. :)

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
I turned on path tracing; when I have DLSS Quality and frame generation enabled, I get somewhere between 70-100 FPS (I have an RTX 4080). It does look very good, but I'm fine with regular ray tracing and 150+ FPS when all other settings are equal.

Reactions: Huntn and diamond.g

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Brought over from another thread:
They’re completely revamping the skill tree, police AI, armor system, adding vehicle combat, other unmentioned changes.
I’ve played though CP2077 3 times. I can’t say I’ll do a 4th run. I’m buying this on day 1.

This is mild spoiler territory
V is in this DLC , and what explanation or tie in to the base game will be provided? There are a variety of endings of the base game, you might have left Night City with a significant other and you end the story on borrowed time. I can see the borrowed time possibly resolved. Maybe they just blow that off… As evidenced by the 2.0 patch, mechanics are being reworke, hence a mandatory respec of skills, but depending on your build you may or may not have to change your build. I’m glad I have complete build notes. :D

Check out this article, quite a bit here:

• Cyberpunk 2077's upcoming Phantom Liberty DLC will introduce changes to character customization, potentially affecting players' builds and playstyles.
  • The DLC will require players to respec their characters, allowing them to completely rebuild their skill tree and customize their Cyberware upgrades.
  • The addition of a Cyberpsychosis mechanic in the DLC will introduce risks and penalties for installing too much Cyberware, forcing players to balance their abilities and make strategic choices.
Fortunately I did not max out my cyberware…😇

Last edited:

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
Anyone update to 2.0 yet? Would you use existing saves, or start fresh to experience the new updates and added features? I haven't been keeping up on my pc updates... so I updated my mobo bios... checked for GPU firmware, and DDU uninstall to remove my current NVidia driver, clean installed the driver posted yesterday. Planning on updating CP2077 2.0 this weekend. I'm maxed out on Level and Street Cred... and have a lot of eddies on my older saves, but leaning on starting fresh... idk..

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
I updated. I’m going to play through Phantom Liberty with my existing character, then start a fresh one and eventually play through the game a different way. When I first launched everything was oddly rendered, as if a massive film grain effect was applied, but that went away after a few minutes.

• Love

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I updated. I’m going to play through Phantom Liberty with my existing character, then start a fresh one and eventually play through the game a different way. When I first launched everything was oddly rendered, as if a massive film grain effect was applied, but that went away after a few minutes.
So you can continue playing your current character? Sweet! :D I suppose caps went up some?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.