Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I recently ran into a situation where I bought a Blood Pump that restores 60% of Heath every 180 seconds and the issue with the game interface is that there are only 2 quick action slots. Heals takes up one slot, and all you can put in there are heals, but not the blood pump which is a “gadget”, so I have to give up by grenade quick slot to use this blood pump. This is an issue. I have found a mod that opens up the number of quick access slots over at Nexus. I will give it a try and report back. :D

So I made some progress, I'm still doing the first act, where I just wrapped up the Ride quest where you meet Dex and get the next couple of quests.

I've poked around the city a bit doing police quests and other minor side quests that you stumble up. The first issue came to light as I started to level up a bit. The confusion and complexity of the skills tree, I don't want to be pigeon holed into a build this early on but its clear my weapons are on the weaker side.

In my past playthroughs (not getting terribly far in the game), I started leaning on the pistol build, but this time while i want to go there, the weapon that I have is just too weak. I'm having better luck with a shotgun, but that requires me running into the middle of a crowd and just start blasting away, instead of hiding and shooting from a distance
If you break down a lot of weapons, you can “upgrade” (next to crafting) the pistol you do have, choose the pistols with 200% headshot stat, under reflexes/handguns, you’ll eventually get Wild West buff which removes the pistol‘s distance penalty.

And despite the complexity of the skill tree, always focus on the area of expertise you have chosen, anything that raises the stats, increases crit rates, damage or speed. This time, I have basically blown off almost all buffs outside the Reflexes (Blade/Handgun), Body (athletics), and Cool (Cold Blood/Stealth). When you put a few points in into Intel and Tech, you discover as you level, your skills are capped.

This is what I did last time:

In a networked world it would seem advantageous to focus on Intel and hacking, but instead my focus is on being a sharp instrument. I upgrade and do use my Cyberdeck as part of an attack strategy which does not seem to be a hinderance due to lack of Tech and Intelligence perks.

I think there is a buff that helps you identify whoever is burning you via cyber attack during a fight, but this time so far, I just use heals. And the key to getting plenty of those is to never pass up a bounty, and engage every criminal with a bounty on their heads, avoid collateral damage, which can be an issue with grenades and your sword if citizens are in close proximity to the target, and avoid the fights labeled as very hard on the map, unless you don’t mind repeating a fight multiple times. Always save at the start of any anticipated fight. :D

Reactions: maflynn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Currently at Level 23, 41 Street Cred, and my Pistol is an Overture (Epic) 309 DPS. Most people without head armor, it one shots them. Currently at Reflexes 13, I don't yet have Wild West (handguns perk) which is acquired at Reflexes 14.

On the map, the filter option allows you to remain on the default “dynamic” setting, or to select and show everything. It’s an eye opener to see how many illegal activities/police requests for help that appear.

Regarding my game UI complaint, that mod at Nexus called Quick Slots, it requires 3 other mods to be installed, scripting mods/framework, and while it can be argued that all mods change scripting, these are setup to swap things in and out of your gadget slot and others. I decided no, not going to do that, get reliant on it, and then have something break after an update.

Normally I use the mouse scroll wheel to cycle weapons on the fly, but for this I’m going to just deal with the Alt Key to pull up the weapons wheel, which also includes setting for which type grenade you want, and the blood pump shows up in this list when cycling though choices. The saving grace is that game play pauses while you do this, but still, it breaks immersion. 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: maflynn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I did my first race with Claire, the bartender and came in first. She offered to use her truck, and I said no, I’ll take my ride, the Rayfield Caliban, (211MPH) fastest car in the game, you can get for free. Not armored, but fast, and it handles well using your keyboard. When I see a sharp turn 90deg coming I let off the gas just prior to entering the turn.

E9B008A0-EF13-42AB-8287-49BE8A0F5B61.jpeg

Rayfield Caliban Freebee

434EC01A-E1C0-41D7-84E7-69BD4F79F6D9.jpeg

Modded version
The game needs functional Paint Shops. :D

Big Note: after a patch, the expensive cars now handle better. First or third person view (Q key) is available while driving.
From Fastest Vehicles in Game Article: Updated on April 21st, 2022 by Hodey Johns: Among the many lauded changes in 1.5 is the much-needed driving update. The clunky steering made driving a fast car more of a liability than an advantage when the game initially launched. Now, with some fixes to the control responsiveness and improvements to burning out and braking, expensive cars finally feel worth the eddies that V dished out for them. Best of all, an improved first-person view from the car makes driving feel more immersive than ever. The changes implemented in this patch and a fresh wave of pictures of each car have been updated in this article.

Lots of opportunities to practise driving fast though the city. Of note during the race at night, traffic is much thinner than during the day. The Rayfield Caliban, you will stumble across it in the game, when out in the desert, helping PanAm on her second quest. I think we discussed this before, maybe not. ;)

This time, first purchase was a Mizutani Shion Coyote for $77k*, if not on a bike, my preferred desert drive, 2nd fastest car (199 MPH) in the game. Next race, I might try it, Most of the time in the city when not racing, I’m riding Jackie’s bike.

* The price must have come down, because I had it listed at $115k, or maybe I got a discount because I played the game before? 🤔

33A6956D-4DBC-4A17-AAFE-116C7D4F7DCB.png
Mizutani Shion Coyote

On the second PanAm quest in the tunnel, after the fight is over, beyond the fight area in the tunnel there is an open shipping container with this car and other goodies, free for the taking. If it’s not there, wait a day or 2 and check back…

Last edited:
Reactions: Queen6

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
So correct me if I'm wrong, but the police scanner side jobs are not randomly generated. Once you cleared out a district of police side jobs, there are no more there - correct?

This seems like a missed opportunity because I've been using those side jobs to help level up and gain reputation and help overall. There's a lot of them, but I see the watson district getting less and less police jobs available.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
So correct me if I'm wrong, but the police scanner side jobs are not randomly generated. Once you cleared out a district of police side jobs, there are no more there - correct?

This seems like a missed opportunity because I've been using those side jobs to help level up and gain reputation and help overall. There's a lot of them, but I see the watson district getting less and less police jobs available.
As I recall, once you clear them out, they don't come back but I want to say sometimes illegal activity pops back up in a repeat location. I just keep tackling the relatively easiest ones first and as you said there are a hell of a lot of them.

I'm on the Alt Cunningham sequence, it's impressive, it's kind of amazing. It gives you the background of why Silverhand attacked Arasaka Tower. :D

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Now I remember.

One of the reasons why I put the game down, is that right after the completion of the first main quest (The Heist) and the other districts open up. The game increases in difficulty. I finished the Heist and popped over to a location near Konpeki Plaza. I tried to do a police side-quest close by - I died in like 2 shots and the opponent was a bullet sponges.

I don't think I have overly weak weapons, in fact I was able to 1 shot most enemies in the Watson district. I recall the frustration of my inability to dealing with enemies. I fired up one of my older saves from when I started playing the game and funnily enough it was right after the Heist. I'm like close to the level of my current player and weapon loadout is similar though it has slightly more powerful legendary weapons - I think one of the patches removed some of the legendary weapons

Anywhoo, maybe I'll try a little longer and upgrade some of the cybernetics and look for legendary weapons. I have over 40k in money so I'll see about upgrades.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Now I remember.

One of the reasons why I put the game down, is that right after the completion of the first main quest (The Heist) and the other districts open up. The game increases in difficulty. I finished the Heist and popped over to a location near Konpeki Plaza. I tried to do a police side-quest close by - I died in like 2 shots and the opponent was a bullet sponges.

I don't think I have overly weak weapons, in fact I was able to 1 shot most enemies in the Watson district. I recall the frustration of my inability to dealing with enemies. I fired up one of my older saves from when I started playing the game and funnily enough it was right after the Heist. I'm like close to the level of my current player and weapon loadout is similar though it has slightly more powerful legendary weapons - I think one of the patches removed some of the legendary weapons

Anywhoo, maybe I'll try a little longer and upgrade some of the cybernetics and look for legendary weapons. I have over 40k in money so I'll see about upgrades.
Scan the map and look the labels that don’t say “very hard”. Actually if they don’t say anything regarding difficulty, that’s best. I don’t think that police requests have those labels (?) , and I have also died in 2 shots.If there are 3 people or more shooting at you it can be difficult if you are trying to melee them. Typically even though my build is stealth, with bursts of fast moving melee, I doubt I could do this in the earlier part of the game with melee alone.

Typically:
  • If not sure how many NMEs there are I ping one and they all show up on the mini map. Sometimes I am surprised how many there are.
  • Don’t always follow the yellow/blue line which takes you straight in. Swing around, or climb.
  • I run a Breech Protocol on one of them which reduces their ability to resist a cyber attack. Then I cyber attack 2 or 3 of them, reboot vision, synaptic burnout, cripple movement, etc. There is a delay so you can plant them before the first goes off. Note my cyber skills are low, Intel and Tech practically non existent, but when it comes to cyber-burning people, there is no hinderance, just keep upgrading your CPU at the Ripperdoc and visit the Cybershop (or whatever it is called) for the software attacks over the network).
  • Depending on the situation I will head shot several, but if I’m going in quickly, not the ones I crippled in advance. I save them for last. Having focused on both blade and pistol skills including things like buffed movement, stealth, damage and crits, plus equipped with a 200% headshot revolver (Overture) most of them are now dropping on the first hit. It takes those still standing a few seconds to get into gear. Your stealth and movement components become so powerful you are on them before they realize they're about to be dead.
  • Then I’m in fast with my blade. However, if there still a bunch left, I’ll circle and come in at a different angle possibly with more headshots first.
  • If the desire is to conduct fast melee combat, or even with pistols, make sure you invest a lot in the Cool Perks. Healing, movement, damage, based on stacks of cold blood, makes fast moving melee doable.
Honestly I thank goodness that the AI is relatively weak. The primary effect of upping difficulty is that the damage to you is greater, and they are possibly more accurate. I can’t tell if they move any differently at the higher difficulty setting.

Oh and I’m sticking with the Satori blade, it’s not the most powerful damage wise but at 500 crit damage, it’s hard to beat, but I do plan on testing that other blade I got after taking out the Clouds Tygerpaw bosses. It’s like 600 damage, and there maybe another that’s even higher, but I’d have look it up.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Unlike other games this game loses critical mass with me, as I get past the first act. I'll try to pick it back up, but it just seems to be missing something that is keeping me at the keyboard.

Also there's many cut scenes that cannot be skipped and while I get that they can be considered required for the story line, I find it annoying and breaks the continuity of my game playing. For instance at the beginning of the game, you get in the car with Padre and have deal there, some of it can be skipped but not all. The stuff inbetween act one and two with Johnny and you trying to ingest the pills to make him disappear.

I've not gone beyond this by much in either this play through or my original.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Unlike other games this game loses critical mass with me, as I get past the first act. I'll try to pick it back up, but it just seems to be missing something that is keeping me at the keyboard.

Also there's many cut scenes that cannot be skipped and while I get that they can be considered required for the story line, I find it annoying and breaks the continuity of my game playing. For instance at the beginning of the game, you get in the car with Padre and have deal there, some of it can be skipped but not all. The stuff inbetween act one and two with Johnny and you trying to ingest the pills to make him disappear.

That’s ok if it did not grab you, everyone has different expectations. :)

I love most of the cut scenes, for myself, they enrich the atmosphere of the story, in the games that really grab me, I project myself inside them so my immersion is not broken. The Alt Cunningham flashback where you have limited control and is practically a cut scene is amazing, but I would not presume everyone will love it.

First time though playing this, I had some significant critiques but now that I have been assimilated, those have diminished where I can enjoy what this game has accomplished, and ignore its shortcomings.

Reactions: maflynn and Queen6

Queen6

macrumors G4
Finally, we’re on one level! :p

That’s ok if it did not grab you, everyone has different expectations. :)

I love most of the cut scenes, for myself, they enrich the atmosphere of the story, in the games that really grab me, I project myself inside them so my immersion is not broken. The Alt Cunningham flashback where you have limited control and is practically a cut scene is amazing, but I would not presume everyone will love it.

First time though playing this, I had some significant critiques but now that I have been assimilated, those have diminished where I can enjoy what this game has accomplished, and ignore its shortcomings.
Is there not a mod that allows the player to skip the cut scenes? I would think so as it's a basic QoL feature. I think it should be an option to the player, personally I like cut scenes if they add to the story on the first few runs.

@maflynn CP2077 lets you off very lightly LOL. If you want to be punished by cut scenes Death Stranding, something like 8 hours more, potentially a lot more. Kind of like to play the game again, but don't want to wear out the Esc key in the process LOL.

Overall, with CP2077 I think the game and storytelling trails off deeply after the first act. I've done the game all endings and will revisit in time. Until then I'll let CDPR do their work and then we'll see. CDPR definitely ticked me off, however they are course correcting and genuinely appear to have a love of the franchise. Credit where credit is due and all...

Q-6

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntn and maflynn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Is there not a mod that allows the player to skip the cut scenes? I would think so as it's a basic QoL feature. I think it should be an option to the player, personally I like cut scenes if they add to the story on the first few runs.

@maflynn CP2077 lets you off very lightly LOL. If you want to be punished cut scenes Death Stranding, something like 8 hours more, potentially a lot more. Kind of like to play the game again, but don't want to wear out the Esc key in the process LOL.

Overall, with CP2077 I think the game and storytelling trails off deeply after the first act. I've done the game all endings and will revisit in time. Until then I'll let CDPR do their work and then we'll see. CDPR definitely ticked me off, however they are course correcting and genuinely appear to have a love of the franchise. Credit where credit is due and all...

Q-6
There are conversation interaction interactions where you can skip the chitchat.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I’ve advanced my character enough that I am experiencing premo “Cool Perk” action of charged speed and damage dealing. Last night I crashed a Police bulletin illegal activity , it was out in the desert with some trailers, about 6-7 Militech guys. After hitting 2 with debilitating cyber attacks, headshot 2, then rapidly circled the group and I’m moving so fast that when I spot a target, I’m on them and slashing before they have a chance to react, then I continue to circle.

What is interesting is that in town, Militech acts as law-backed paramilitary enforcers. But out in the desert after being attacked by them for blundering into one of their illegal activities, I’ve gone to war with them, at least out in the desert. I’ll eventually find out what happens in town.

Once I got some outlaw stars put on me and I’m not sure why, possibly because of some collateral, but most of the time I am not identified as a criminal when killing them, even if it is 2 guys standing next to their Militech truck out in the middle of nowhere, posted along a road, monitoring the area. I’ve been dispatching them as menaces to the general public. In several cases, I have come across them apparently abusing citizens.

Anyway, one Militech guy (in the 7 person group) had the honking-bigheavy class”, hand held gun/rifle, possibly 50cal, that you can’t afford to be shot by. It’s the type of gun, you can’t store in your inventory, you either use it or discard it and get it by prying it from someone’s warm dead fingers. ;) I don’t think it can be reloaded once empty.

This is where all the cold blood buffs kick in, some triggered by a kill, all build and are triggered by combat, I rounded a corner and there he was 10’ away. I was on him before he could pull the trigger, and the whirlwind of slashes kept him from shooting me as he reacted to, careening with my hits. If you hold the Left Mouse Button just a bit longer than usual, it becomes a heavy attack which likely removes their head If you aim high. When I was finished the combat music faded, and I erupted with a little Woot! ;)

This is how melee combat strikes me, most times it is just too easy to headshot, and you can overly rely on that tactic to the detriment of raising you blade skills. Sure the cyber-attacks soften them up, the headshots remove them, but when it comes to katana attacks, if you move into a space with 3 NMEs, you either have to move around hitting each one of them, because if you stand there and focus on one, the others finally react, get their act together, get a bead on you and start shooting which you can’t take too much of. This is why an outdoor place with a lot of space is the most ideal. When circling, you have the element of speed and surprise, and your buffs are such that there is a lethal delay (for them) before they react to you, when you are on them, their worst nightmare. :)

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
This quest had such potential, but RP dropped the ball.
Cypberpunk2077 Quest: Dream On Quest (Spoilers).

A couple, the Paralezes invite you to their penthouse to investigate a breakin. They saw the guy in their flat, the husband fired a shot at him, they called their security company, but when the security showed up, there was no record/recording of the event.

Here is the spoiler (STOP if you don’t want to know), it turns out that Mr Peralez is running for Major and he is acting strange, he does not remember things, has false memories and through your investigation , you discover a hidden room where the couple can be observed, not only that but their brains are being messed with and when you go to tell the husband, you get a threatening message warning you not to cross the line.

The thing is it makes zero difference what you do, tell them or not, and I would hope that if you defied the mysterious call, that later you’d find yourself, say in your apartment when you walk in the door,, or in your apartment complex, jumped by an assassin, then being accosted by shooters, in a huge gun fight.
Nope… :oops:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Sweet Dreams (side quest) is a hoot, after you bite, Johny makes fun of you. A street vendor offers you an unbelievable braindance recording for $20k (16+4) which seems like a lot. He calls it transcendental. I'd say under normal circumstances this amount of money would not be paid for a brain dance, but what do I know? :D Anyway this is a game, and if you don't want to know, just don't research it, make a save before you do it and go for it. At that point in the game I had 400k in my account so it was not a big deal to afford it. :)

A Night City Police Scanner Alert- Calling all licensed Vigilantes/Mercenaries- At Impala Automatics you get to fight a mech. After disabling a portable turret of which there are several in the facility, I used cover, the big gun, and emp grenade to help out with defeating it.

Right now I'm about Level 44 with 50 street credit, I've got Reflexes and Cool maxed at 20, and body is at 16. and am embarrassingly fast and powerful. I'm back to waltzing through street encounters with criminals, but I do follow the basic rules I've spoken about previously, before the fight proper starts, breech attack followed by a variety of cyber attacks (via the network everyone is on), couple of head shots, then launch with the blade, in more or less a lightning whirling blade. :)

Speaking of personal cyber attacks, one of the most effective, but most expensive is a attack that turns the victim into a cyber psycho for a period of time, and they start attacking their buddies. It' almost like cheating, and it is so expensive to use, that you need to run the breech attack first, and when the mayhem breaks out pick them off one by one as they are dealing with their berserk companion. :D There is also a "reset" attack that makes the victim loose consciousness for long enough, that they go down, and you eliminate them before they can raise an alarm.

There is a quest to rescue a kidnapped spouse, held by Tiger Claws in a garage. I start by sneaking via the roof and the first time I did this somehow I alarmed the entire complex and with about 10+ people after me, I just wirred through them. Now this was ideally meant to be a stealth mission,kind of if you have the patience. So I repeated it, and this time got to her room in the basement without alarming the entire complex, eliminating 4 people in the basement. Then I most likely could of gotten her out quietly after that, but instead, left her in the room, went back up stairs and finished them all off before bringing her out. Maybe I need to up the difficulty again. 🤫 BTW, I'm not bragging, I'm usually not that good in games like these, but the buffs here are arguably way over powered even at hard setting.

I found an unnamed Katana with 1300 DPS and I'm hard pressed to tell the difference in effectiveness with the Satori with it's 500% critical stat. Once I'm on them with a blade, they are no longer doing anything but trying to defend themselves before they get their heads cut off.

Night City Cityscape Shots

Cityscape 3.jpg

Cityscape 4.jpg

Cityscape 5.jpg

Cityscape Konpeki Plaza.jpg

JouniS

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2020
Sweet Dreams (side quest) is a hoot, after you bite, Johny makes fun of you. A street vendor offers you an unbelievable braindance recording for $20k (16+4) which seems like a lot. He calls it transcendental.
I want to believe that this side quest is really about people who preorder games.

• Haha
Reactions: Queen6 and Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
From Your link:
Phantom Liberty will be a spy thriller and will involve espionage work for the New United States of America. It will star the game's main protagonist V and Johnny Silverhand, the popular Cyberpunk 2077 character played by Keanu Reeves

Now in an ideal game world, if you chose the “under the circumstances good ending” for the original game:
…riding off into the sunset with PanAm, Judy or both by your side with 6 months to live unless a solution can be found. And it’s possible they find a solution or just a means of extending V’s and Johnny sharing his/her body with Silverhand, although you’d think Johnny might get tired of being just a passenger. There is a time in the original story where V lets Johnny take over so he can experience first hand getting laid by his old flame, so this might become a more common event, the taking over part. ;)

If they could tie this in to the DLC it would be simply stellar. However because of the “less than good“ ending, I’d say this is unlikely unless they create starts for the DLC, where it reads your previous game and ties in whatever end you chose for the new story, if the player desires this, versus a clean slate start, which I think the latter is more likely to happen and they will make up an alternate ending or just blow off the original story, but I think that would be unwise. VJohnny is a character they should not ignore!

When I first stated this story, Johnny kind of annoyed me, but since then 3 play thoughs, I have grown to cherish his pearls of wisdom! ;) :D

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Now that have reached 50/50 Street Cred+ XP levels focused on Blade/Pistol/Cool, with some level of caution and strategy, I am basically unstoppable at hard difficulty. This was accomplished by after Act 1, doing everything including all of the Police Scanner Hustles, but taking the Main Quest, very slow. I will meet Takemura in the dinner and then the alley, but take it no farther until I have cleaned up the rest of the quest options, including the enjoyable side quests for PanAm, Judy, Claire (a racing reason to get the free Rayfield Caliburn) and Officer River Ward.

My conscious has kicked in, and I have killed so many bounty targets, I really do wish some of them would surrender and allow the police to pick them up. Some possibly deep down are good ones, who if slapped down might turn their lives around, but if they are dead, that’s not going to happen. :oops:

This mostly applies to the Police Scanner Notices illegal activity. Usually when doing a job for a Handler, you are dealing with gangs, murderous gangs, and there, it does not feel as bad to put them down, but I think it would add an interesting element to the game while recognizing that this mechanic would reduce/remove some of the element of surprise V normal has. One of the big advantages are cyberattacks directed at networked criminals which is basically everyone. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.