Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zapoleon

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2021
Was a lot of strange design decisions game wise. They did plan to have first person but they ended up cutting it during development. I think they ended up cutting lots of planned features because they were running out of time and had too much to do. Hence why the finished product was so unbalanced and messy.

Reactions: Queen6 and Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
If so hardly adds to the fun, as the game economy is so broken. Just results in a grinding experience to purchase much of anything of interest. Will only force the player to complete endless repetitive side quests that become mind numbingly boring...

Q-6
I noticed my second play through without the exploit, I had enough $ to get the cars I wanted, and mostly I used Jackie’s free motorcycle in town. With the exploit I just used it to buy all sorts of cars to see is some handled better than others. I reported that in this thread somewhere. :)

Reactions: Queen6

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

10- Jue Scope- can be bought from Robert Wilson, only after players have done the Shoot To Thrill side mission.

9- RC-7 Liger Muzzle- To get this muzzle, players can buy it from Rober Wilson in the megabuilding, but won't be in his inventory all the time.

8- E255 Percipient Scope

7- XC-10 Strix Silencer-
To get this silencer, players need to build their Street Cred to 9, which is done by doing side missions, after that most vendors will have it in their inventory.

6- CS-Taipan Silencer

5- Hyakume Scope

4- E305 Prospecta Scope

3- XC-10 Electo-
Players looking to get this muzzle can simply do the first NCPD scanner hustle for Rancho Coronado for the crime called Assault in Progress, or the 4th crime in Little China called Hidden Gem.

2-Mk.2X Grandstand Scope-
If players already have the "Edgerunner Artisans", which allows players to craft legendary weapons, it makes the stats of the scope even better by adding to the base stats of whatever legendary weapon players have which makes fighting so much easier, especially against higher-leveled enemies. For players who don't want to spend money on this scope, it can be found at most vendors. But the other option is doing the crime in arroyo called Hidden Gem.

1- RC-7 Strigoi- The ricochet damage has come in handy when players are running and gunning and the chances of getting that damage increases by 10% per shot, so it's handy. But what makes it better is that it reduces the recoil of the weapon and for shotguns, it's really helpful because now players can hit the target more and increase the crit damage over time. Getting this muzzle is quite easy, all players need to do is beat the "Shoot to Thrill" side mission which is located in the same mega building as V's, then can be bought after that.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

Huntn's Second Playthrough Build March-May 2021
Very similar to the first build, this build focused on combat with a Katana, a Pistol, and Cool with heavy reliance on Stealth and adequate reliance on Cold Blood, an incredibly powerful buff. So the types of perk skills I chose focused on Strength, Stamina, Stealth, Critical Hits with both Melee and Pistols, and head shot multipliers for Pistols.

The head shot multiplier is the single most important stat for any pistol I used. By the end of the game I was using an Overture Power revolver with a 5.2x head shot multiplier, 405 DPS, 188% Crit damage, 191-233 Physical damage. My acquired perks made for in most cases, 1 head shot kills.

Blade wise, shooting people with guns actually can get boring. Nothing is a exhilarating and an adrenaline rush as waltzing with enemies and your blade. Yes the Santori blade (rare) 424 DPS, 515% Crit Damage, and 5 slices per second is pretty special early in Act 2. You can find it if you go out of your way during The Heist but there are other blades you will get off dead adversaries during the course of the game which are better imo. One such instance is when you help the Mox take back their club, Clouds. By the end of the game, I was using a Legendary blade with 1355 DPS and 5 slices per second. And there is another named blade, Jinchu-Maru (epic) with 1087 DPS and 4.36 slices per second. I'd think the slices/attacks per second would be based more on user skill, but this is a game. ;)

Unlike the first play through, on the second play though I wasted no perk points on Intel or Tech. Of note, although I maxed out the levels of Body, Reflexes, and Cool, I never acquired the sub category Skill Level 20 to be able to acquire the top perk skill for any category. This was inconsequential in the game.

Also note I’m not putting emphasis on my Cyberware and Cyberdeck, just showing what I had. Take some time and buy what you can. In addition I had zero interest in crafting and devoted zero time to it. What you find in game is plenty good enough.

Difficutly Level
First Play through on normal difficulty
(build posted on Page 4 of this thread)
My first playthrough was a slightly different build where I wasted some perk points on Intel and Tech, but the overall emphasis was the same, stealth, blades for up close wet work and a pistol for backup. Playing that build on normal difficulty setting, you are really over powered when it comes to fighting. You move like lightening, you are on them before they know what hits them and they can’t withstand your blade. Use a power attack and heads will be popping off left and right. ;)

Second Play through on Hard.
With this build I immediately noticed that enemies are harder to kill and they do more damage to you. You will routinely use more healing during the corse of a fight. You will find more stuff to grab in the environment and on bodies, and your skill level will increase faster than on normal.

Where in my first play through on normal I quickly reached a point where I did not have to worry about tactics or the number of adversaries too much, I just plowed into them slicing and dicing. However, in the second play through on hard, jumping into the middle of 5 adversaries who had guns and you have your blade was pretty much suicide.

So some tactics must be considered, but the game is still not exceedingly hard. I used “ping” a hack to see how many adversaries there were, I would pick off outliers with the pistol, and sometime if I had the space would circle around the group picking them off one by one with my katana. When you start approaching L50, I can’t say exactly where, on hard, you will once again reach a point of power, where you will almost feel omnipotent, untill someone cuts you down, lol.

On Hard, I noticed the end game fight with Adam Smasher required much more effort, but was not particularly more difficult.

16May Level 50 with Level 50 Street Creds
• Body Level 20, 8 Total Perks
(15 Perk pts) , Ath 8 Total perk (15 Perk pt)
• REF Level 20, 21 Total Perks (43 perk points), Blade 14 perks (30 perk pt total), HGuns 7 perks (13 Perk Pt total).
• Cool Level 20, 23 Total Perks (31 Perk Pts), Stealth 10 Perks (12 Perk pts) , Cold Blood 13 Perk (19 Perk Pt)
• Intel Level 7- Attribut points put here after the top 3 were filled up. Level 20 is the cap.
• Tech Level 3- nada

Second Playthrough Skill Perk List
Body L20 (Skill Levels Achieved: Athletics 5, Annihilation 6, Street Brawler 8)

Only made skill progression in Athletics to 5, but took Body to L20 for associated perks which to focus on Physical abilities. I got Street Brawler up to 8 by occasionally fighting people with my fists. No perks were invested in Annihilation and Street Brawler.
Each level of body:
• 5 Health Points (85 pts health total.).
• 3 Stamina Points (51 pts stamina total).
• Increase damage with fists and Gorilla arms by 3 (51 total).
• Increase damage with melee weapons 1.5% (25% total).
• Decrease movement penalty by 6% (102% total) per level while grappling or wielding an HMG or Defender.
• In crease movement while grappling an enemy and enemy grappling duration by 5 sec (85 sec total).

Acquired Body: Athletic Perks
• Body: Athletics: Pack Mule 1/1 (L4 Body): Carry +60.
• Body: Athletics: Regeneration 1/1 (L4 Body): Health Regen during combat.
• Body: Athletics: True Grit 3/3(L5 Body): Stamina +10,20,30 %
• Body: Athletics: Invincible 3/3 (L5 Body): Max Health +10,20,30%.
• Body: Athletics: Epimorphosis 3/3 (L7 Body): Health regenerates +70% of max health outside of combat.
• Body: Athletics: Soft on Your Feet 3/3 (L7 Body): Reduces fall -DAM by 5,10,15%.
Body: Athletics: Steel and Chrome 2/2 (L9 Body): Melee +DAM 10,20%.
Body: Athletics: Like a Butterfly 1/1: (L11 Body) Dodging does not drain stamina.
• Body: Athletics: Cardio Cure 1/1 (L12 Body): +25% Health Regen faster as you move.
• Body: Athletics: Dog of War 2/2 (L16 Body): +15,30% Health Regen during combat.
Body: Athletics: Wolverine 2/2 (L16 Body): +50% Health Regen during combat.

Reflex L20 ( Skill Levels Achieved: Hand Guns 16, Blades 15, Assault 9)
Assault zero point invested.
Hand guns perks invested:
Reflexes: Handguns: 6 High Noon 3/3 (L6 Ref): Crit+4,8,12%.
• Reflexes: Handguns: 6 Rio Bravo 3/3 (L6 Ref): Headshot damage XP +10, 20+30%
• Reflexes: Handguns: 7 Long Shot Drop Pop 2/2 (L7 Ref): Dam 5+M +15, 20, 45%.
Reflexes: Handguns: 9 O.K. Corral 1/1(L9 Ref): Dam +50% when NME Health <25%.
Reflexes: Handguns: 9 Steady Hand 1/1 (L9 Ref): Recoil -30%.
Reflexes: Handguns: 11 A Fistful of Eurodollars 2/2 (L11 Ref): Crit damage +10, 20%.
Reflexes: Handguns: 14 Wild West 1/1 (L14 Ref): Remove Damage Penalty over distance.

Blades perks invested:

• Reflexes: Blades: 6 Crimson Dance 2/2 (L6 Ref): Combos w/Blades have a +15,30% chance apply Bleed.
Reflexes: Blades: 6 Flight of the Sparrow 2/2 (L6 Ref): -Stamina cost of Blades by 30%.
• Reflexes: Blades: 6 Offensive Defense 2/2 (L6 Ref): Defensive Attacks Blades +200, 400% DAM.
• Reflexes: Blades: 6 Roaring Waters 3/3 (L6 Ref): Strong Attacks Blades deal +DAM 30%.
• Reflexes: Blades: 6 Sting like a Bee 3/3 (L6 Ref): +10% Attack Speed with Blade.
Reflexes: Blades: 6 Slow and Steady 2/2(L6 Ref): +15%, 30% Armor while moving.
Reflexes: Blades: 8 Shifting Sands 3/3 (L8 Ref): Dodge recover+15% Stamina.
• Reflexes: Blades: 8 Stuck Pig 3/3 (L8 Ref): Increases Bleeding duration by 3 seconds.
• Reflexes: Blades: 10 Blessed Blade 1/1 (L10 Ref): +20% Critical Chance with Blade.
Reflexes: Blades: 10 Unbroken Spirit 1/1 (L10 Ref): +25% Health and Stamina with successful Blade counter attack.
Reflexes: Blades:12 Bloodlust 2/2 (L12 Ref): +7% Health when applying Bleed to an enemy (Blade) or hitting an enemy affected by Bleeding.
• Reflexes: Blades: 12 Float like a Butterfly 2/2 (L12 Ref): +25%, 50% Dam @5sec when dodging with Blade.
• Reflexes: Blades: 15 Judge, Jury and Executioner 3/3 (L15 Ref): +50% DAM with Blades against enemies with max Health.
• Reflexes: Blades: 18 Deathbolt 1/1 (L18 Ref): While wielding a Blade, defeating an enemy restores 20% Health and increases movement speed by 30% for 5 seconds.

Cool L20 (Skill Achieved: Stealth L16, Cold Blood L17)
Stealth Perks Acquired:

• Cool: Stealth: Crouching Tiger 1/1 (L5 Cool): +20% Move Speed.
• Cool: Stealth: 5 Silent and Deadly 1/1 (L5 Cool): Increases damage dealt by silenced weapons by 25% while sneaking.
• Cool: Stealth: 7 Strike from the Shadows 1/1 (L7 Cool): +15% Crit Chance while sneaking.
• Cool: Stealth: 7 Assassin 1/1(L7 Cool): +15% DAM to humans.
Cool: Stealth: 7 Leg Up 0/1 (L7 Cool): +30% Movement speed after takedown for 10 seconds.
Cool: Stealth: 9 Sniper 2/2 (L9 Cool): +30% DAM headshots outside combat.
Cool: Stealth: 11Aggressive Antitoxins 1/1 (L11 Cool): Poison immunity.
• Cool: Stealth: 12 Ghost 2/2 (L12 Cool): Detection time is increased by 20%.
• Cool: Stealth: 18 Cheat Death 0/1 (L18 Cool): Health drops below 50%, -50% Incoming Damage for 10 seconds. Cannot occur more than once per minute.
• Cool: Stealth: 20 Ninjutsu 1/1 (L20 Cool): Crouch stealth attack with melee weapons +100% more damage and Crit Hit.

Cold Blood Perks Acquired:

• Cool: Cold Blood: 5 Cold Blood 3/3 (L5 Cool): After defeating an enemy, gain Cold Blood for 10 seconds and increase movement speed by 2%. Stacks up to 1 times.
• Cool: Cold Blood: 7 Critical Condition 1/2 (L7 Cool): Increases duration of Cold Blood by 5/10 seconds.
• Cool: Cold Blood: 9 Defensive Clotting 2/2(L9 Cool): Increases Armor by 10% per stack of Cold Blood.
• Cool: Cold Blood: 9 Rapid Bloodflow 2/2 (L9 Cool): Increase Health regeneration inside and outside combat by 50% per stack of Cold Blood.
• Cool: Cold Blood: 11 Coldest Blood 1/1 (L11 Cool): Increases max stack amount for Cold Blood by 1.
• Cool: Cold Blood: 11 Frozen Precision 1/1 (L11 Cool): +50% headshot damage.
• Cool: Cold Blood: 12 Blood Brawl 2/2 (L12 Cool): +5% DAM with Melee Weapons when Cold Blood is active.
Cool: Cold Blood: 12 Predator 2/2 (L12 Cool): +10% attack speed per stack of Cold Blood.
Cool: Cold Blood: 14 Cold and Calculating 1/1(L14 Cool): Landing a Crit Hit has 25% chance of applying a stack of Cold Blood.
• Cool: Cold Blood: 14 Bloodswell 1/1 (L14 Cool): At 45%, Health auto receive a max stack of Cold Blood.
Cool: Cold Blood: 16 Unbreakable 1/1 (L16 Cool): Increases max stack amount for Cold Blood by 1.
• Cool: Cold Blood: 16 Coolagulant 1/1 (L16 Cool): Stacks of Cold Blood are removed one by one, not all at once.
Cool: Cold Blood: 18 Pain is an Illusion 1/1 (L18 Cool): While Cold Blood is active, reduces damage taken by 5%.

Intel L8 (Skills Acquired Breach Protocol L6, Quick Hacking L7)- No Perks Acquired
Technical Ability L3 (Crafting, Engineering) No Perks Acquired.

My Cyberdeck
Frontal Cortex- Heal on Kill (Epic)-
Restore 6% health after defeating an enemy.
Ocular System- Kiroshi Optics Mk.3 (Epic)- Vic gives these too you;
Circulatory System
• Blood Pump (Rare)-
Activate to restore 70% of max health, assigned to quick slot.
Adrenaline Booster (Epic)- Restore 40% Stamina enemy defeated.
Syn Lungs (Epic)- increase Stamina by 20%.

Immune System
• Cataresist (Uncommon)-
Increase all resistance by 13%.
Metabolic Editor (Epic)- Poison effects cause you to regenerate Health instead of taking damage.

Nervous System
• Kerenzikov (Legendary)-
Allows you to aim and shoot for 3.5 se when blocking, aiming, or attacking during a slide or dodge.
• Neofiber (Legendary)- Increases evasion by 15%.

Integumentary System
• Subdermal Armor (Rare)-
Increase armor by 90.
Supra-Dermal Weave (rare)- Grants immunity to Bleeding.

Operating System- Stephenson Tech Mk.3- 8 Base Ram, 7 Buffer Size, 5 Slots.

Skeleton
• Titanium Bones (uncommon)-
Increase carry capacity by 40%.
Synaptic Signal Optimzer (Rare)- Increase health by 40%.

Hands- Ballistic Coprocessor.

Arms- Gorilla Arms (Legendary)-
323-394 damage, +133-162 Physical damage, 3.18 attack speed, +10% Crit damage, +20% bleed damage.

Legs- Reinforced Tendons (rare)- Perform double jump.

My Cyberware- Used when hacking:
• Cripple Movement (epic)
• Reboot Optics (rare)
• Weapon Glitch (uncommon)
• Short Circuit (Uncommon)

Clothing- total armor: 1519 armor
• Arasaka Cap-
buffed with 232 armor.
Military Aviator glasses- buffed with 201 armor.
Ballistic Vest- 300 armor.
Ultralight Geisha Dream Polyamide Tank Top- buffed with 350 armor.
Reinforced Federalist Strightcut pants- buffed with 252 armor.
Bulletproof Sheriff Western Shorties Boots- buffed with 184 armor.
OK, So I've started to play Cyberpunk 2077 after the 2.0 Update with the intent of playing Phantom Liberty and it looks like the Skill Tree has been significantly reworked. So the above is out of date. I loaded in with a previous save to find that my Perks have been refunded and so now I get to study the new Skill tree and figure out how I can best support my preferred Build which is Blade/Pistol Assassin.

More to come! :D

Phantom Libery Spoiler: This is what I found online regarding available endings (Unconfirmed):

At the end of PL you are offered the cure. You have to make a phone call to Reed if you want to accept it. If you accept it, the game will be over. If you want to keep playing, finish open quests, or use one of the main games endings, don't call Reed to schedule the surgery. Instead go see Hanako at Embers for the main game endings.

I found an existing save for the quest: https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Nocturne_Op55N1, just before you enter Embers to talk to Hanako, and out on the street, I got the mysterious phone Call which started the Dog Town Quest. Then I discovered that I needed to reassign my perks with a new perk Skill tree, so I'll do that before proceeding. As I said above and in the Cyberpunk 2077 General Discussion thread, I've not confirmed how easy it is to blow off the Phantom Liberty Endings, and continue into the original ending choices...

Last edited:

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
OK, So I've started to play Cyberpunk 2077 after the 2.0 Update with the intent of playing Phantom Liberty and it looks like the Skill Tree has been significantly reworked. So the above is out of date. I loaded in with a previous save to find that my Perks have been refunded and so now I get to study the new Skill tree and figure out how I can best support my preferred Build which is Blade/Pistol Assassin.

More to come! :D

Phantom Libery Spoiler: This is what I found online regarding available endings (Unconfirmed):

At the end of PL you are offered the cure. You have to make a phone call to Reed if you want to accept it. If you accept it, the game will be over. If you want to keep playing, finish open quests, or use one of the main games endings, don't call Reed to schedule the surgery. Instead go see Hanako at Embers for the main game endings.

I found an existing save for the quest: https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Nocturne_Op55N1, just before you enter Embers to talk to Hanako, and out on the street, I got the mysterious phone Call which started the Dog Town Quest. Then I discovered that I needed to reassign my perks with a new perk Skill tree, so I'll do that before proceeding. As I said above and in the Cyberpunk 2077 General Discussion thread, I've not confirmed how easy it is to blow off the Phantom Liberty Endings, and continue into the original ending choices...

is this game like Skyrim but in cyberpunk work?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
is this game like Skyrim but in cyberpunk work?

If you go to the beginning of my Cyberpunk discussion thread, I talk a lot about it. However some abbreviated observations:
  • CP2077 is an RPG, like Skyrim but feels very different. The environment is urban not feudal.
  • Night City is the most impressive city simulation I have ever seen. However, if you dig, you quickly realize how shallow it is.
  • The Main Quest is the most polished, enjoyable, interactive bit of gaming programming I’ve ever experienced.
  • The combat using a sword and pistol is wicked at least for me it is. You become a fast and deadly Killing machine.
  • The devs actually took the time to write in what I would describe as social/romantic interactions. I’ve never seen this before and it impressed me, go on a date, or have dinner with a Detective, his sister, and play laser games with his nephews.
  • The Best Start is as a Nomad.
  • It will feel to you like the game is short changed, (because I think it was) you get one lousy short quest to establish yourself in Night City, and then a cut scene, and you jump ahead a several months to be partner with a hood named Jackie.
  • My critique is that outside the Main Quest, and the Companion Quests, the city is full of Gigs and police actions. These are sub quests that provide tactical combat encounters, they are fun, allow you to hone your skills, build street cred, but might be viewed as “filler” content.
  • If you like to be surprised just take it as it comes. I don’t like surprises, the original ending as uncertain as it can be, is better than the Phantom Liberty ending. There seems to be some controversy about how Phantom Liberty as a DLC was plugged into the middle of the existing story, and an associated choice, cuts off part of the original story.
  • Comparing it to Starfield, this story has emotion, Starfield feels flat, emotionally empty, the difference is night and day. The caveat is that I did not finish the Starfield main quest, before becoming unhappy with it.

Reactions: MacBH928

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
If you go to the beginning of my Cyberpunk discussion thread, I talk a lot about it. However some abbreviated observations:
  • CP2077 is an RPG, like Skyrim but feels very different. The environment is urban not feudal.
  • Night City is the most impressive city simulation I have ever seen. However, if you dig, you quickly realize how shallow it is.
  • The Main Quest is the most polished, enjoyable, interactive bit of gaming programming I’ve ever experienced.
  • The combat using a sword and pistol is wicked at least for me it is. You become a fast and deadly Killing machine.
  • The devs actually took the time to write in what I would describe as social/romantic interactions. I’ve never seen this before and it impressed me, go on a date, or have dinner with a Detective, his sister, and play laser games with his nephews.
  • The Best Start is as a Nomad.
  • It will feel to you like the game is short changed, (because I think it was) you get one lousy short quest to establish yourself in Night City, and then a cut scene, and you jump ahead a several months to be partner with a hood named Jackie.
  • My critique is that outside the Main Quest, and the Companion Quests, the city is full of Gigs and police actions. These are sub quests that provide tactical combat encounters, they are fun, allow you to hone your skills, build street cred, but might be viewed as “filler” content.
  • If you like to be surprised just take it as it comes. I don’t like surprises, the original ending as uncertain as it can be, is better than the Phantom Liberty ending. There seems to be some controversy about how Phantom Liberty as a DLC was plugged into the middle of the existing story, and an associated choice, cuts off part of the original story.
  • Comparing it to Starfield, this story has emotion, Starfield feels flat, emotionally empty, the difference is night and day. The caveat is that I did not finish the Starfield main quest, before becoming unhappy with it.

thanks, does it change the story if you choose Nomad or Corpo? or its just stats that you start with?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
thanks, does it change the story if you choose Nomad or Corpo? or its just stats that you start with?
Not really, there are 3 starts, all dump you in the same place. Nomad is the best imo. Regardless of the start, you can pick whatever starting stats as I remember.

There are some complaints about lack of choice in the Story. Ask @Queen6. :) I’d say The Main Quest is on rails to get you from Part 1 to Part 2, but I did not mind in the least. The experience was grand. There are variation to how the story ends especially now that the Phantom Liberty DLC was added. But again if you want to know what you are getting yourself into, I’d read up about it.

You’ll see things like “play though the game completely and then, either start over or from a saved game, jump in and do the Phantom Liberty “Dog Town” quest”. If you make certain choices in the Phantom Liberty quest chain, it can actually cut out the possible endings from the original game and from what I’ve read, I prefer the Along The Watchtower ending from the original game. From what I’ve read the Phantom Liberty ending(s) are somewhere from dismal to so-so, at least if you‘d prefer to ride off into the sunset with your friends.

I completely understand if you’d rather just take your chances on an ending, but for myself after spending several hundred hours in a structured game, I hate painting myself into undesirable corner, so I like to know in advance where I’m headed and if I have the ability to fix any significant blunders that I make, that might not be readily apparant when I make them. Yes, you can always jump back to previous save, but there is no telling how far you might have to back track to change certain relationships.

Reactions: MacBH928 and Queen6

Queen6

macrumors G4
Not really, there are 3 starts, all dump you in the same place. Nomad is the best imo. Regardless of the start, you can pick whatever starting stats as I remember.

There are some complaints about lack of choice in the Story. Ask @Queen6. :) I’d say The Main Quest is on rails to get you from Part 1 to Part 2, but I did not mind in the least. The experience was grand. There are variation to how the story ends especially now that the Phantom Liberty DLC was added. But again if you want to know what you are getting yourself into, I’d read up about it.

You’ll see things like “play though the game completely and then, either start over or from a saved game, jump in and do the Phantom Liberty “Dog Town” quest”. If you make certain choices in the Phantom Liberty quest chain, it can actually cut out the possible endings from the original game and from what I’ve read, I prefer the Along The Watchtower ending from the original game. From what I’ve read the Phantom Liberty ending(s) are somewhere from dismal to so-so, at least if you‘d prefer to ride off into the sunset with your friends.

I completely understand if you’d rather just take your chances on an ending, but for myself after spending several hundred hours in a structured game, I hate painting myself into undesirable corner, so I like to know in advance where I’m headed and if I have the ability to fix any significant blunders that I make, that might not be readily apparant when I make them. Yes, you can always jump back to previous save, but there is no telling how far you might have to back track to change certain relationships.
250+ hours in in before I hit the delete key. A very shallow & easy roll over game, Play Witcher 3 CDPR's masterpiece, well until the owners screwed the dev's so the good ones quit. Rightly so which resulted in this mess. CP2077 is now technically solid, yet not a patch on the story line of W3, RPG my arse is just a cheap looter shooter at best....

Want to be challenged play Radiophobia 3 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. at it's very best, will test you and then some.....

Q-6

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
250+ hours in in before I hit the delete key. A very shallow & easy roll over game, Play Witcher 3 CDPR's masterpiece, well until the owners screwed the dev's so the good ones quit. Rightly so which resulted in this mess. CP2077 is now technically solid, yet not a patch on the story line of W3, RPG my arse is just a cheap looter shooter at best....

Want to be challenged play Radiophobia 3 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. at it's very best, will test you and then some.....

Q-6
I have the Witcher and ran into some combat issues early on where I was getting my ass handed to me by low level mobs. There was a ghost in a well and a maybe a ghost in a cemetery. It was really frustrating. I wonder if this is fixed or if I’m just a wimp now? 🤔 For comparison, I’m playing CP2077 on hard difficulty and no issues.

Queen6

macrumors G4
I have the Witcher and ran into some combmoddbat issues early on where I was getting my ass handed to me by low level mobs. There was a ghost in a well and a maybe a ghost in a cemetery. It was really frustrating. I wonder if this is fixed or if I’m just a wimp now? 🤔 For comparison, I’m playing CP2077 on hard difficulty and no issues.
Cause CP2077 is an easy play, even on hard. Want a challenge play Radiophobia 3-1.15

Full free game Radiophobia 3 this is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. at it's very best. Want to step up a level play Total Chaos a hard target indeed....

Q-6

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
15Jan24- The Cyberpunk 2.1 Update changed the Skill Tree significantly, build info in this guide are no longer accurate prior to the 2023 2.0/2.1 Update.

Update to follow.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
15Jan 2024 Update
If you are familiar with the game, near the end I found an existing save for the quest: https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Nocturne_Op55N1, just before you enter Embers to talk to Hanako, and out on the street, I got the mysterious phone Call which started the Dog Town Quest. This is the Phantom Liberty DLC.

If you are new to the game, at the beginning, it's hard to tell where you'll end up and I'm sure the original Skill Tree was complained about as being overly complex.

I discovered because of the 2.0 update, that I needed to reassign my perks with a new perk Skill tree. Before rebuilding my skill tree (points had been removed and ready to be reassigned), I had a Street Red of 50. I had 71 Attibute Points assigned as follows:
  • Body 20
  • Reflex 20
  • Cool 20
  • Tech 7
  • Intel 4
I had 60 Perk Points to be assigned. If you are loading in from a previous save, you can do a complete reset of Attribute points, that allows you to move them to another category if you need to. The way the system works, you have to apply Attribute Points (categories like Body, Reflexes) to unlock levels of Perks, the specific skills.

To rebuild a Blade/Pistol Build, I ended up with this with a few Perk points left unassigned:
  • Body- 20 Att Points, 10 Perk Points on Painkiller Part of Tree.
  • Reflexes- 20 Att Points, 13 Perks on Slippery, including Flash and Thunderclap, 10 perks on Lead and Steel. Flash and Thunderclap requires input from both sides of that part of the tree.
  • Cool- 20 Att Points, and Focus 11 Perks, Feeline Footwork 11 perks, and Killer instincts 2 perks.
  • Technical- none
  • Intelligence- none
A possible problem is before I had 7 perks in Tech, and 4 perks in Intelligence. I'm holding off for now assigning my left overs which is less than 11 I used before.

The second problem is that I want to practice with these reconfigured skills, and I'm running into an issue where in this part of the game, I've done all of the Gigs, and I'm no longer seeing Police Requests (requests for vigilante help) on the map, so combat opportunities are few and far between. I really need to get myself up to speed, and I maybe forced to go back to an early part of the game (older save), rebuild my skills and get some practice in breaking heads. ;)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
2024 Cyberpunk2077 Update 2.1, Body, Reflex, Cool Skills- Here in a list format, hard for me to find online. Technical and Intelligence are not included:

---------------
Body Starting Points (4) 20 Att points applied total

• Fury Road- Vehicle Collision, +50% damage to enemy vehicle and occupants. -50% damage to your vehicle.
  • PainKiller- Unlocks Slow Health Regen in Combat.
    • Dorph-Head- When using Blood Pump or a Health Irem +100% Mitigation Chance for 2 Sec.
    • Comeback Kid- +1% Health Regen Rate for each % of missing health.
    • Speed Junkie- +60% Health Regen Rate while Sprinting.
    • Army of One- +10% Health Regen Rate for each nearby Enemy.
    • Adrenaline Rush (3/3)-
      • L1- +35% Max Health
      • L2- +20% Health Regen Bouns to all Health Regen effects from all sources.
      • L3- Unlocks Adrenaline Rush.
      • Blood Pump and Health Items give Adrenaline equal to 30% Max Health up to a Max of 50% Max Health.
      • Adrenaline is indicated by a yellow bar and acts like extra Health by absorbing damage. It decays ver time, but remains active as long as Adrenaline is available.
      • Unstoppable Force- When Adrenaline Rush active gain immunity to movement penalties and non-damaging status effects like kiockdown, blinding, etc.
      • Juggernaut-When Adrenaline Rush active +20% movement speed, +10% damage.
        • Bloodlust- only effects Shotguns, LMGs and HMGs, Must have duel input from this part and the Die!Die!Die! part of tree.
      • Calm Mind-When Adrenaline Rush active, +3sec delay before Adrenaline starts to decay.
        • Ripple Effect- Blunt Weapons Only. Can be acquired though Wrecking Ball branch of skill tree.
      • Pain to Gain- When Adrenaline Rush Active +20% Health item recharge after neutralizing enemy.
  • Die! Die! Die!- Affects only Shotguns, LMGs, and HMGs
    • Like a Feather
    • Don’t Stop Me Now
    • Bullet Ballet
    • Spontaneous Obliteration (0/3)
      • Close-Quarters Carnage
      • Skull Cracker
      • Dread
      • Rush of Blood
        • Bloodlust- only effects Shotguns, LMGs and HMGs, but can be acquired through Painkiller part of tree.
      • Rip and Tear- Shotguns Only.
      • Onslaught- LMGs Only.
  • Wrecking Ball (0/2)- Blunt Weapons
    • L1--15% Stamina Cost
    • L2- Barrel into enemies.
    • Breakthgough-
    • Kinetic Aborption-
    • Clap Back-
    • Fly Swatter-
    • Quake (0/3)-
      • L1- -15% Stamina
      • L2- +20% Attack Speed
      • L3- “Q” to slam ground and stun, damage, stagger nearby enemies.
      • Aftershock-+30% Stamina for each enemy hit with Quake.
        • Ripple Effect- Blunt Weapons Only. Requires duel input though Painkiller branch of skill tree.
      • Epicenter- Magnifies Quake.
    • Finisher: Savage Sling- Use “F” to near low health enemies +20% Health, or “F” to throw enemy and damage other enemies where they land.
---------------
Reflexes Start Points (3)

• Stunt Jock- New ways to exit vehicles
    • Jump Out - double Tap- F.
    • Slide Out- hold F at high speed.
    • Can draw and fire weapons during this stunt.
    • While Driving, no bullet spread penalty from moement, -50% bullet spread overall.
  • Slippery (1/1)- Faster you move, more difficult to be shot. Leads to Blade Branch.
    • Multitasker- Able to shoot while sprintig, sliding, and vaulting.
    • Muscle Memory- Reload weapons while sprinting, sliding, and vaulting.
    • Power Slide- Increased Slide Distance
    • Parkour!- Increased Vaulting And Climbing Speed.
    • Dash (2/2)--20% Stamina Cost dodging and dashing
      • L2- Unlocks Dash (LCTRL Dash)
      • Steady Grip- Shoot while Dashing
      • Can’t Touch This- +100% mitigation chance when dashing. Mitigation grants chance to reduce incoming damage by current Mitigation Strenth (default 50%)
      • Mean Streak- +40% Stamina after neutralizing enemy while dashing.
      • Mad Dash-+100% dash range towards enemies.
        • Flash and Thunderclap-Strong Attack with Blade, you auto leap to enemies within range.
          • 2 paths to reach this both required. ...See Lead and Steel.
      • Air Dash (3/3)-
        • L1- -20% Dash Stamina Cost
        • L2- +20% Dash Speed
        • L3- Unlocks Dash in Midair
        • Aerodynamic- +30% Mitigation Strength in Midair.
        • Aerial Acrobat- Improves midair maneuveabili
        • Air Kerenzikov- Activating Kerenzikovin midair keep you suspended in the air and extends duration.
          • Can also be Acquired though the Assault Rifle and SMG tree.
        • Tailwind- +25% Stamina when performing Air Dashes and Double Jumps. Air Dashed do not cost Stamina.
    • Lead and Steel (2/2)- -15% Stamina cost for Blade Attack
      • Seeing Double-Blade attack increased damage and stun chance with coutnerattacks.
        • Flash and Thunderclap- Strong Attack with Blade, you auto leap to enemies within range.
      • Bullet Deflect-When Stamina above 33% blocking projectiles will deflect them to where reticle is aimed.
        • Bullet Time-Whenever time is slowed, Bullet Delfet will not consume Stamina and deflections auto hit enemies for Crit Damage.
          • How to slow time
        • Finisher: BladeRunner (0/3)- Press Fwhen enemy Health is low, restores 25% Health.
          • L1- Blade Attack -15% Stamina cost.
          • L2- Blade Attack Speed +20%.
          • L3- Unlocks Blade Finisher.
        • Going the Distance- Blade 100% Finisher Range.
        • Opportunist- Blade attack, enemies staggered, stunned, blinding, and bleeding are more susceptible to Finisher.
        • Flash of Steel- Blade +25% movement and attack speed for 6 sec after performing Finisher.
        • Slaughter House- All Blade attacks apply bleeding which increases dismemberment chance. +25% Stamina for dismemberment.
  • Ready, Rested, Reloaded (0/2)- Assault Rifles and SMGs Only.
    • L1- -10% Stamina Cost.
    • L2 +30% Reload Speed when above 50% Stamina.
    • Tunnel Vision- +20% effective range and accuracy.
    • Spice of Life-+15% weapon swap speed.
      • -30% bullet spread briefly after swapping weapons.
    • Mind over Matter- -25% Recoil when aiming.
    • SharpShooter (0/3)-
      • L1- +15% Aim Speed
      • L2- Improved Weapon handling
      • L3- Each successful shot grants a stack of Sharpshooter: 7% bonus to Stamina Regen Rate and Stamina Cost for 2 sec per stack.
        • Stacks 7 times.
      • Shoot to Chill- +4% Armor Penetration
      • Spray and Pray- -10% Stamina cost for hip firing.
      • Practice Makes Perfect- +7% Crit Chance and Crit Damaga per stack of Sharpshooter.
      • Gun Dancer-Aiming no longer slows movement, allows you to shoot while vaulting.
        • Air Kerenzikov- Activating Kerenzikovin midair keep you suspended in the air and extends duration.
          • Can also be Acquired though the Blade Skill Tree.
      • Salt in the Wound- Assault Rifle Only. Shooting same target a 7th consecutive time deals bonus damage equto to 100% of the total damage of preceding shots.
      • SubMachine Fun- SMGs only. Swapping Sub machine guns is faster and automatically reloads them. +22% fire rate swapping to an SMG. Normal reload ends effect.
---------------

Cool Starting Points (5)

• Killer Instinct- silenced guns +25% Damage with knives, axes, silenced guns outside of combat.
    • Quick Getaway- +10% movement after neutralizing enemy undetected, 30 sec duration, stacks 2 times.
    • Gag Order- Landing attack on enemy right after they detect you, delays detection from other nearby enemies.
  • Road Warrior- Allows use of Sandeistan to slow time while driving. Allows Kerenzikov to be activated when aiming and handbraking simultaneiously. +25% weapon damage when your vehicle is drifting or airborne.
  • Focus (2/2)- Pistols, Revolvers, Precision Rifles, Sniper Rifles.
    • L1- +10% Headshot and weakspot damage.
    • L2- Unlocks Focus. Mode auto activates when you aim at full Stamina. No stamina cost while shooting, when it ends -40 Stamina. Duration 2.5 sec.
    • No Sweat- -50 Stamina Cost from Focus Mode for each enemy neutralized while it’s active.
    • Rinse and Reload- +10% Reload Speed for next Reload after neutalizing Enemy. Stacks 2 times.
    • Pull- When focus active, shooting grenades out of th air is easier and the blast is more powerful. How hard is that??
    • Head to Head- When Focus is active, neutralizing enemy with ranged attack resets it’s duradtion.
    • Deep Breath- Slows time 25%. for you when focus is active.
    • Dead Eye (3/3)-
      • L1- +10% Headshot, weakspot damage.
      • L2- -25% Stamina Cost.
      • L3- Unlocks Deadeye- Active above 85% Stamina.
        • When active +20% headshot and weakspot damage. No Bullet Spread.
      • California Reaper- +30% Stamina after neutralizing enemy with ranged attack via headshot or weakspot.
      • High Noon- When Deadeye Active, +35% reload speed for next reload after neutralizing enemy via headshot or weakspot. Available for 3 sec, Slows time by 50% during reload.
      • Long Shot- When Dead active, shot always deals full damage regardless of distance.
      • Quick Draw-+30% weapon swap speed. +30% Stamina when swapping during combat.
        • Nerves of Tungsten-Steel-When Dead Eye active, critical hits for headshots/weakspots.
          • Increased damage as distdance increases.
      • Run ‘N’ Gun-Pistols only, Hip firing does not consume Stamina
        • When Focus active +25% movement speed.
  • Feline Footwork when crouched.
    • Crouched +15% movement speed, +15% mitigation chance.
    • Blind Spot- Higher Mitigation Chance, takes longer for enemies to detect you.
    • Small Target- +20% Mitigation. Chance when crouched and not moving.
    • Unexposed- +20% Mitigation chance when aiming from cover.
    • Ninjutsu (3/3)-when crouched
      • L1- +15% movement speed
      • L2- +15% Mitigation Chance
      • L3- Unlocks Sprinting while Crouched.
      • Shinobi Sprint- -75% Stamina cost for crouch-sprinting during combat.
      • Creeping Death- When Optical Camois active neutralizing enemy grants +15% Health, +15% Stamina, +10% movement for 6 sec.
        • Optical Camo: How to get the Optical Camo in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-phantom-liberty-optical-camo-guide/1100-6517927/
        • The Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Optical Camo is a cyberware implant that's sold by certain Ripperdocs. In our case, we were able to find these among vendor wares in the following shop locations:
          • Santo Domingo: Rancho Coronado East/Woodhaven Street
          • Pacifica: West Wind Apartments
          • Dogtown (Phantom Liberty expansion only): Longshore Stacks and EBM Petrochem Stadium
          • In case you don't see the item being sold, you may need to open your menu and select the Skip Time option. You'll want to wait for a full 24 hours in-game, which may cause the vendor to restock their wares. Once you see that it's available, you can then purchase it. The cost increases depending on the rarity, but we suggest purchasing the tier 5 option for around 51,000 credits.
        • Vanishing Act- Optical Camo activates automatically and consumes it’s charge gradually while crouch-sprinting or sliding.
        • Serpentime- +30% mitigation when crouch- sprinting.
        • Style over Substance- Throwable Weapons. Critical Hits. when thrown attacks while crouch-sprinting, sliding, dodging, or Dashing, from motocycles, when airborne, drifting and dismounting via jump. No movement speed penalty whe aiming throwable weapon.
  • Scorpion Sting (0/2)- throwable weapons only.
    • L1- 15% Recovery time
    • L2- Critical Headshots with throwable weapons applies Poison for 5 sec.
    • Parasite
    • Neurotoxin
    • Accelerted Toxin Aborption
    • Corrosion
    • Juggler (0/3)
      • L1- -15% Recovery time
      • L2- +20% Headshot/weakspot
      • L3- Instant Cooldown
      • Slight of Hand
      • Finisher: Act of Mercy
        • Pounce
      • Pay It Forward
      • Serpentime-+30% mitigation when crouch- sprinting.
        • Style over Substance- Throwable Weapons. Critical Hits. when thrown attacks while crouch-sprinting, sliding, dodging, or Dashing, from motocycles, when airborne, drifting and dismounting via jump. No movement speed penalty whe aiming throwable weapon.
---------------
Technical Starting Points (3?)- none

---------------
Intelligence (3?)- none

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Cause CP2077 is an easy play, even on hard. Want a challenge play Radiophobia 3-1.15

Full free game Radiophobia 3 this is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. at it's very best. Want to step up a level play Total Chaos a hard target indeed....

Q-6
It should not be that hard to swing a blade, but the last time I tried, combat felt awkward. The Witcher spells require some practice to master because of the key combos. I'll most likely go back and give it another try. 🤔

Reactions: Queen6

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Phantom Liberty talk-
There is a large mech you have to fight, but if you did not have the wisdom to pre-equip a “weak spot” cybermod, going can be tough to get though this fight, which I have not yet completed. Still trying to figure out why sometimes my movement is fast, and sometime it slows down to what feels like a crawl.

Update- I’m becoming more acclimated with combat. There is a run sprint, and a crouch dash/leap and a dash mode, dash slide. I was not paying as much attention to this as I should. When crouching (stealth) you are slower but you can dash/leap forward. There were times when I was crouching and not realizing it, not helped in dark environments, which other than a dash, I was slow as compared to run-sprinting. 🤔

When fighting the Chimera (Tank) Boss Fight , it looks just like a Centurion in Alita Battle Angel. I don’t think I have “weak spot” cybermod, but I found that with my katana, my best position was to be running around it’s legs and whacking it at it’s joints, and close up, there are areas illuminated with an orange glow, on the sides and up on top.

Your companion warns you when it’s about to spin, which damages you, so you move far away, then come back, and keep whacking. When it does its laser sweep, crouch. When it’s health drops enough it collapses and flying drone appear to repair it. Kill them and finally kill it. I ripped out a mounted heavy machine gun to finish it off.

IMG_3096.png
Chimera

IMG_3095.jpeg 0
Alita Battle Angel Centurion​

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.