Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Gorilla Arms- Are simply a strength buff, they don’t make your character look like a freak like Luther on Umbrella Academy.

Now Mantis Blades when deployed do make you look like a freak. :)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I’m working on Post 1, is this accurate and does this make sense?

Understanding Cyberware vs Cybernetics vs Attributes and Perks (Being edited).

Attributes/Perks-
In Cyberpunk2077 you can develop your body‘s physical and mental abilities, by the means of Attribute Points such as Body, Reflexes, Intelligence, Tech Knowledge, etc. In addition to these attributes, speciality skills (perks) can be developed to enhance your attacks. This is fairly typical Role Playing game with skill progressions.
Cyberware- Physically replacing body parts with enhanced mechanical parts. Surgically implanted by Ripperdoc.
Human bodies in 2077 are augmented with both body part replacements that increase physical abilities, you could not otherwise possess, like a double jump or enhanced strength or a rocket launcher built into in your arms and software, a computer Operating System (CPU) that if I understand it correctly manages both Cyberware and Cybernetics/Cyberdeck. However after the Ripperdoc installs a CPU, you manage which software to install in your Cyberdeck.

Cybernetics/Cyberdeck- Software for hacking equipment and other enhanced/networked people, virtually everyone. Your ability/potential to hack are based on experience points, the CPU (Central Processing Unit- Cyberware) that you had installed by a Ripperdoc and the software you purchased from a Netrunner shop give you the specific hacking abilities. Of note your Cyberdeck, portfolio of software can be managed without the services of a Ripperdoc.

So Attributes and Perks are skill leveled through experience. Cyberware refers to mechanical augments of physical abilities while Cybernetics are associated with hacking equipment and people.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Update:
Make a Million Fast: Space Oddity Quest 1:40 in:
Apr 2021 Update, it appears after a patch this exploit no longer works.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
Is it working ok now or are people still complaining? This great game seriously bombed by its broken software. That will not affect me of course because I will be waiting until they fix everything and add the extras for free.

Queen6

macrumors G4
Update:
Make a Million Fast: Space Oddity Quest 1:40 in:
Apr 2021 Update, it appears after a patch this exploit no longer works.
If so hardly adds to the fun, as the game economy is so broken. Just results in a grinding experience to purchase much of anything of interest. Will only force the player to complete endless repetitive side quests that become mind numbingly boring...

Q-6

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
If so hardly adds to the fun, as the game economy is so broken. Just results in a grinding experience to purchase much of anything of interest. Will only force the player to complete endless repetitive side quests that become mind numbingly boring...

Q-6
It depends on your mindset, I have not been doing every side quest, but have easily earned $700k+. when you notice clothing items you have looted running $1200 and up, you can make a bundle selling them and firearms also through hacking and looting everything. Surprisingly looted drinking alcohol can add up at the vendor. Have purchased the high ticket Ripperdoc items, I wanted the white Rayburn for sale $150k even though there is a free one in game not as pretty, and the Mizutani Shion Coyote $115k.

Last edited:
Reactions: Queen6

Queen6

macrumors G4
It depends on your mindset, I have not been doing every side quest, but have easily earned $700k+. when you notice clothing items you have looted running $1200 and up, you can make a bundle selling them and firearms also through hacking and looting everything. Surprisingly looted drinking alcohol can add up at the vendor. Have purchased the high ticket Ripperdoc items, I wanted the white Rayburn for sale $150k even though there is a free one in gamnot as pretty, and the Mizutani Shion Coyote $115k.
I found that the bulk of the side quests had too little diversity, nor did they really interweave and entangle with the main & sub storylines. Sure the odd few do the majority no, so repetition can set in with the combat being hit & miss. I do agree "different horse's for different course's". I did find the game to be fun, however not compelling or worth another play through unless something significantly improves and more of a challenge on multiple levels.

I far preferred how Mad Max developed the side quests and looting. Tending to add small details to the main story and an element of discovery. Also helps that the combat is more satisfying, although more limited in scope, which tended to drive the interest to complete more of the side quests. Similar I'd have preferred steeper ramp in difficulty, equally the game is certainly not dull being very much an action adventure :)

Alien Isolation, simply gets better ? The Xenomorph really get's on to you with the AI being top notch as it learns from you and your mistakes ? No hand holding here, you've really got to figure out the games mechanics, as survival game I really like this one. Similar to the original Alien (1979) the Xenomorph is absolutely relentless, however unlike the film where you share just an hour of dread with the crew of the ill fated Nostromo. Isolation your looking at 20 hours or as much as 40 hours depending on your play style and that's a lot of time in such company LOL...

The Xenomorph's AI impresses me, it just possible to bait hostile NPC's (living) and quietly (very) slip away as the Alien disposes of them ? Worse innocent crew members of the station can also be of use ?I figured this when I inadvertently triggered such an event, it was literally just like how Lambert meets her demise in Alien ? equally such antics can backfire horribly being in such close proximity LOL.

Q-6

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I found that the bulk of the side quests had too little diversity, nor did they really interweave and entangle with the main & sub storylines. Sure the odd few do the majority no, so repetition can set in with the combat being hit & miss. I do agree "different horse's for different course's". I did find the game to be fun, however not compelling or worth another play through unless something significantly improves and more of a challenge on multiple levels.

I far preferred how Mad Max developed the side quests and looting. Tending to add small details to the main story and an element of discovery. Also helps that the combat is more satisfying, although more limited in scope, which tended to drive the interest to complete more of the side quests. Similar I'd have preferred steeper ramp in difficulty, equally the game is certainly not dull being very much an action adventure :)

Alien Isolation, simply gets better ? The Xenomorph really get's on to you with the AI being top notch as it learns from you and your mistakes ? No hand holding here, you've really got to figure out the games mechanics, as survival game I really like this one. Similar to the original Alien (1979) the Xenomorph is absolutely relentless, however unlike the film where you share just an hour of dread with the crew of the ill fated Nostromo. Isolation your looking at 20 hours or as much as 40 hours depending on your play style and that's a lot of time in such company LOL...

The Xenomorph's AI impresses me, it just possible to bait hostile NPC's (living) and quietly (very) slip away as the Alien disposes of them ? Worse innocent crew members of the station can also be of use ?I figured this when I inadvertently triggered such an event, it was literally just like how Lambert meets her demise in Alien ? equally such antics can backfire horribly being in such close proximity LOL.

Q-6
Without a doubt the CP77 main quests with Takamura and Act 2 side quests, helping suedo-companions, are the best the game has to offer, Panam, Judy Alverez, Claire the bartender, and River, the cop. The sad thing is that while romance is available, the encounters come off more like 1 night stands.

Still considering AI. :)

Queen6

macrumors G4
Still considering AI. :)
Honestly you should, you'll have a blast. As an average gamer your going to get killed a lot in Alien Isolation until you hone your skills and get the games mechanics. The game TBH is never unfair to the player; it has to have by default far more exposure to the Xenomorph to generate that deep engagement and extended gameplay.

For me I've never felt cheated or short changed by Isolation. If killed by the Alien I know instantly it's due to my own actions or lack of, that resulted in the death of the character. Playing medium difficulty now, initially was challenging spin forward much easier as I've basically learned the mechanic's of the game.

As is, I'm planning to replay on Hard as this is the Dev's intended difficulty, as this ramps up the survival aspect of the game. Nightmare little interest as don't care about online stat's bragging rights etc. most of all I want to enjoy the game as the Dev's intended ?

Q-6

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Honestly you should, you'll have a blast. As an average gamer your going to get killed a lot in Alien Isolation until you hone your skills and get the games mechanics. The game TBH is never unfair to the player; it has to have by default far more exposure to the Xenomorph to generate that deep engagement and extended gameplay.

For me I've never felt cheated or short changed by Isolation. If killed by the Alien I know instantly it's due to my own actions or lack of, that resulted in the death of the character. Playing medium difficulty now, initially was challenging spin forward much easier as I've basically learned the mechanic's of the game.

As is, I'm planning to replay on Hard as this is the Dev's intended difficulty, as this ramps up the survival aspect of the game. Nightmare little interest as don't care about online stat's bragging rights etc. most of all I want to enjoy the game as the Dev's intended ?

Q-6
Do you have a flame thrower? :D

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

Huntn's Second Playthrough Build March-May 2021
Very similar to the first build, this build focused on combat with a Katana, a Pistol, and Cool with heavy reliance on Stealth and adequate reliance on Cold Blood, an incredibly powerful buff. So the types of perk skills I chose focused on Strength, Stamina, Stealth, Critical Hits with both Melee and Pistols, and head shot multipliers for Pistols.

The head shot multiplier is the single most important stat for any pistol I used. By the end of the game I was using an Overture Power revolver with a 5.2x head shot multiplier, 405 DPS, 188% Crit damage, 191-233 Physical damage. My acquired perks made for in most cases, 1 head shot kills.

Blade wise, shooting people with guns actually can get boring. Nothing is a exhilarating and an adrenaline rush as waltzing with enemies and your blade. Yes the Santori blade (rare) 424 DPS, 515% Crit Damage, and 5 slices per second is pretty special early in Act 2. You can find it if you go out of your way during The Heist but there are other blades you will get off dead adversaries during the course of the game which are better imo. One such instance is when you help the Mox take back their club, Clouds. By the end of the game, I was using a Legendary blade with 1355 DPS and 5 slices per second. And there is another named blade, Jinchu-Maru (epic) with 1087 DPS and 4.36 slices per second. I'd think the slices/attacks per second would be based more on user skill, but this is a game. ;)

Unlike the first play through, on the second play though I wasted no perk points on Intel or Tech. Of note, although I maxed out the levels of Body, Reflexes, and Cool, I never acquired the sub category Skill Level 20 to be able to acquire the top perk skill for any category. This was inconsequential in the game.

Also note I’m not putting emphasis on my Cyberware and Cyberdeck, just showing what I had. Take some time and buy what you can. In addition I had zero interest in crafting and devoted zero time to it. What you find in game is plenty good enough.

Difficutly Level
First Play through on normal difficulty
(build posted on Page 4 of this thread)
My first playthrough was a slightly different build where I wasted some perk points on Intel and Tech, but the overall emphasis was the same, stealth, blades for up close wet work and a pistol for backup. Playing that build on normal difficulty setting, you are really over powered when it comes to fighting. You move like lightening, you are on them before they know what hits them and they can’t withstand your blade. Use a power attack and heads will be popping off left and right. ;)

Second Play through on Hard.
With this build I immediately noticed that enemies are harder to kill and they do more damage to you. You will routinely use more healing during the corse of a fight. You will find more stuff to grab in the environment and on bodies, and your skill level will increase faster than on normal.

Where in my first play through on normal I quickly reached a point where I did not have to worry about tactics or the number of adversaries too much, I just plowed into them slicing and dicing. However, in the second play through on hard, jumping into the middle of 5 adversaries who had guns and you have your blade was pretty much suicide.

So some tactics must be considered, but the game is still not exceedingly hard. I used “ping” a hack to see how many adversaries there were, I would pick off outliers with the pistol, and sometime if I had the space would circle around the group picking them off one by one with my katana. When you start approaching L50, I can’t say exactly where, on hard, you will once again reach a point of power, where you will almost feel omnipotent, untill someone cuts you down, lol.

On Hard, I noticed the end game fight with Adam Smasher required much more effort, but was not particularly more difficult.

16May Level 50 with Level 50 Street Creds
• Body Level 20, 8 Total Perks
(15 Perk pts) , Ath 8 Total perk (15 Perk pt)
• REF Level 20, 21 Total Perks (43 perk points), Blade 14 perks (30 perk pt total), HGuns 7 perks (13 Perk Pt total).
• Cool Level 20, 23 Total Perks (31 Perk Pts), Stealth 10 Perks (12 Perk pts) , Cold Blood 13 Perk (19 Perk Pt)
• Intel Level 7- Attribut points put here after the top 3 were filled up. Level 20 is the cap.
• Tech Level 3- nada

Second Playthrough Skill Perk List
Body L20 (Skill Levels Achieved: Athletics 5, Annihilation 6, Street Brawler 8)

Only made skill progression in Athletics to 5, but took Body to L20 for associated perks which to focus on Physical abilities. I got Street Brawler up to 8 by occasionally fighting people with my fists. No perks were invested in Annihilation and Street Brawler.
Each level of body:
• 5 Health Points (85 pts health total.).
• 3 Stamina Points (51 pts stamina total).
• Increase damage with fists and Gorilla arms by 3 (51 total).
• Increase damage with melee weapons 1.5% (25% total).
• Decrease movement penalty by 6% (102% total) per level while grappling or wielding an HMG or Defender.
• In crease movement while grappling an enemy and enemy grappling duration by 5 sec (85 sec total).

Acquired Body: Athletic Perks
• Body: Athletics: Pack Mule 1/1 (L4 Body): Carry +60.
• Body: Athletics: Regeneration 1/1 (L4 Body): Health Regen during combat.
• Body: Athletics: True Grit 3/3(L5 Body): Stamina +10,20,30 %
• Body: Athletics: Invincible 3/3 (L5 Body): Max Health +10,20,30%.
• Body: Athletics: Epimorphosis 3/3 (L7 Body): Health regenerates +70% of max health outside of combat.
• Body: Athletics: Soft on Your Feet 3/3 (L7 Body): Reduces fall -DAM by 5,10,15%.
Body: Athletics: Steel and Chrome 2/2 (L9 Body): Melee +DAM 10,20%.
Body: Athletics: Like a Butterfly 1/1: (L11 Body) Dodging does not drain stamina.
• Body: Athletics: Cardio Cure 1/1 (L12 Body): +25% Health Regen faster as you move.
• Body: Athletics: Dog of War 2/2 (L16 Body): +15,30% Health Regen during combat.
Body: Athletics: Wolverine 2/2 (L16 Body): +50% Health Regen during combat.

Reflex L20 ( Skill Levels Achieved: Hand Guns 16, Blades 15, Assault 9)
Assault zero point invested.
Hand guns perks invested:
Reflexes: Handguns: 6 High Noon 3/3 (L6 Ref): Crit+4,8,12%.
• Reflexes: Handguns: 6 Rio Bravo 3/3 (L6 Ref): Headshot damage XP +10, 20+30%
• Reflexes: Handguns: 7 Long Shot Drop Pop 2/2 (L7 Ref): Dam 5+M +15, 20, 45%.
Reflexes: Handguns: 9 O.K. Corral 1/1(L9 Ref): Dam +50% when NME Health <25%.
Reflexes: Handguns: 9 Steady Hand 1/1 (L9 Ref): Recoil -30%.
Reflexes: Handguns: 11 A Fistful of Eurodollars 2/2 (L11 Ref): Crit damage +10, 20%.
Reflexes: Handguns: 14 Wild West 1/1 (L14 Ref): Remove Damage Penalty over distance.

Blades perks invested:

• Reflexes: Blades: 6 Crimson Dance 2/2 (L6 Ref): Combos w/Blades have a +15,30% chance apply Bleed.
Reflexes: Blades: 6 Flight of the Sparrow 2/2 (L6 Ref): -Stamina cost of Blades by 30%.
• Reflexes: Blades: 6 Offensive Defense 2/2 (L6 Ref): Defensive Attacks Blades +200, 400% DAM.
• Reflexes: Blades: 6 Roaring Waters 3/3 (L6 Ref): Strong Attacks Blades deal +DAM 30%.
• Reflexes: Blades: 6 Sting like a Bee 3/3 (L6 Ref): +10% Attack Speed with Blade.
Reflexes: Blades: 6 Slow and Steady 2/2(L6 Ref): +15%, 30% Armor while moving.
Reflexes: Blades: 8 Shifting Sands 3/3 (L8 Ref): Dodge recover+15% Stamina.
• Reflexes: Blades: 8 Stuck Pig 3/3 (L8 Ref): Increases Bleeding duration by 3 seconds.
• Reflexes: Blades: 10 Blessed Blade 1/1 (L10 Ref): +20% Critical Chance with Blade.
Reflexes: Blades: 10 Unbroken Spirit 1/1 (L10 Ref): +25% Health and Stamina with successful Blade counter attack.
Reflexes: Blades:12 Bloodlust 2/2 (L12 Ref): +7% Health when applying Bleed to an enemy (Blade) or hitting an enemy affected by Bleeding.
• Reflexes: Blades: 12 Float like a Butterfly 2/2 (L12 Ref): +25%, 50% Dam @5sec when dodging with Blade.
• Reflexes: Blades: 15 Judge, Jury and Executioner 3/3 (L15 Ref): +50% DAM with Blades against enemies with max Health.
• Reflexes: Blades: 18 Deathbolt 1/1 (L18 Ref): While wielding a Blade, defeating an enemy restores 20% Health and increases movement speed by 30% for 5 seconds.

Cool L20 (Skill Achieved: Stealth L16, Cold Blood L17)
Stealth Perks Acquired:

• Cool: Stealth: Crouching Tiger 1/1 (L5 Cool): +20% Move Speed.
• Cool: Stealth: 5 Silent and Deadly 1/1 (L5 Cool): Increases damage dealt by silenced weapons by 25% while sneaking.
• Cool: Stealth: 7 Strike from the Shadows 1/1 (L7 Cool): +15% Crit Chance while sneaking.
• Cool: Stealth: 7 Assassin 1/1(L7 Cool): +15% DAM to humans.
Cool: Stealth: 7 Leg Up 0/1 (L7 Cool): +30% Movement speed after takedown for 10 seconds.
Cool: Stealth: 9 Sniper 2/2 (L9 Cool): +30% DAM headshots outside combat.
Cool: Stealth: 11Aggressive Antitoxins 1/1 (L11 Cool): Poison immunity.
• Cool: Stealth: 12 Ghost 2/2 (L12 Cool): Detection time is increased by 20%.
• Cool: Stealth: 18 Cheat Death 0/1 (L18 Cool): Health drops below 50%, -50% Incoming Damage for 10 seconds. Cannot occur more than once per minute.
• Cool: Stealth: 20 Ninjutsu 1/1 (L20 Cool): Crouch stealth attack with melee weapons +100% more damage and Crit Hit.

Cold Blood Perks Acquired:

• Cool: Cold Blood: 5 Cold Blood 3/3 (L5 Cool): After defeating an enemy, gain Cold Blood for 10 seconds and increase movement speed by 2%. Stacks up to 1 times.
• Cool: Cold Blood: 7 Critical Condition 1/2 (L7 Cool): Increases duration of Cold Blood by 5/10 seconds.
• Cool: Cold Blood: 9 Defensive Clotting 2/2(L9 Cool): Increases Armor by 10% per stack of Cold Blood.
• Cool: Cold Blood: 9 Rapid Bloodflow 2/2 (L9 Cool): Increase Health regeneration inside and outside combat by 50% per stack of Cold Blood.
• Cool: Cold Blood: 11 Coldest Blood 1/1 (L11 Cool): Increases max stack amount for Cold Blood by 1.
• Cool: Cold Blood: 11 Frozen Precision 1/1 (L11 Cool): +50% headshot damage.
• Cool: Cold Blood: 12 Blood Brawl 2/2 (L12 Cool): +5% DAM with Melee Weapons when Cold Blood is active.
Cool: Cold Blood: 12 Predator 2/2 (L12 Cool): +10% attack speed per stack of Cold Blood.
Cool: Cold Blood: 14 Cold and Calculating 1/1(L14 Cool): Landing a Crit Hit has 25% chance of applying a stack of Cold Blood.
• Cool: Cold Blood: 14 Bloodswell 1/1 (L14 Cool): At 45%, Health auto receive a max stack of Cold Blood.
Cool: Cold Blood: 16 Unbreakable 1/1 (L16 Cool): Increases max stack amount for Cold Blood by 1.
• Cool: Cold Blood: 16 Coolagulant 1/1 (L16 Cool): Stacks of Cold Blood are removed one by one, not all at once.
Cool: Cold Blood: 18 Pain is an Illusion 1/1 (L18 Cool): While Cold Blood is active, reduces damage taken by 5%.

Intel L8 (Skills Acquired Breach Protocol L6, Quick Hacking L7)- No Perks Acquired
Technical Ability L3 (Crafting, Engineering) No Perks Acquired.

My Cyberdeck
Frontal Cortex- Heal on Kill (Epic)-
Restore 6% health after defeating an enemy.
Ocular System- Kiroshi Optics Mk.3 (Epic)- Vic gives these too you;
Circulatory System
• Blood Pump (Rare)-
Activate to restore 70% of max health, assigned to quick slot.
Adrenaline Booster (Epic)- Restore 40% Stamina enemy defeated.
Syn Lungs (Epic)- increase Stamina by 20%.

Immune System
• Cataresist (Uncommon)-
Increase all resistance by 13%.
Metabolic Editor (Epic)- Poison effects cause you to regenerate Health instead of taking damage.

Nervous System
• Kerenzikov (Legendary)-
Allows you to aim and shoot for 3.5 se when blocking, aiming, or attacking during a slide or dodge.
• Neofiber (Legendary)- Increases evasion by 15%.

Integumentary System
• Subdermal Armor (Rare)-
Increase armor by 90.
Supra-Dermal Weave (rare)- Grants immunity to Bleeding.

Operating System- Stephenson Tech Mk.3- 8 Base Ram, 7 Buffer Size, 5 Slots.

Skeleton
• Titanium Bones (uncommon)-
Increase carry capacity by 40%.
Synaptic Signal Optimzer (Rare)- Increase health by 40%.

Hands- Ballistic Coprocessor.

Arms- Gorilla Arms (Legendary)-
323-394 damage, +133-162 Physical damage, 3.18 attack speed, +10% Crit damage, +20% bleed damage.

Legs- Reinforced Tendons (rare)- Perform double jump.

My Cyberware- Used when hacking:
• Cripple Movement (epic)
• Reboot Optics (rare)
• Weapon Glitch (uncommon)
• Short Circuit (Uncommon)

Clothing- total armor: 1519 armor
• Arasaka Cap-
buffed with 232 armor.
Military Aviator glasses- buffed with 201 armor.
Ballistic Vest- 300 armor.
Ultralight Geisha Dream Polyamide Tank Top- buffed with 350 armor.
Reinforced Federalist Strightcut pants- buffed with 252 armor.
Bulletproof Sheriff Western Shorties Boots- buffed with 184 armor.

Last edited:

Queen6

macrumors G4
Ready for the Perfect Organism?...
1621748296466.png

Q-6

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I think I'm done with the game, I restarted playing it, from square one, played it for a while, but put it down for two weeks - its just one of those games that if you don't play it from start to finish, you lose interest. There are aspects of the game that are overly complex for no real reason (the leveling progression) and while as a shooter its ok, I'm just not really vested in the game - at nearly 70gb, I probably could use the space for something else.

Queen6

macrumors G4
I think I'm done with the game, I restarted playing it, from square one, played it for a while, but put it down for two weeks - its just one of those games that if you don't play it from start to finish, you lose interest. There are aspects of the game that are overly complex for no real reason (the leveling progression) and while as a shooter its ok, I'm just not really vested in the game - at nearly 70gb, I probably could use the space for something else.
That was pretty much my conclusion although I finished the game several times over. Waste of space, until CDPR delivers on their own words...

Q-6

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I’m not disagreeing with you, but I have played some games in the past where getting the right build was extremely difficult. Here instead of reading about the best builds, well I did read a little to decide which direction I wanted to head. Once I decided stealth and weapons pistol, katana, I just dumped all my points into cold blood/stealth, pistol/katana, it worked well.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
getting the right build was extremely difficult.
It wasn't just the build, but I think its emblematic of the game. That is, by all appearances they wanted a complex character build sequence. Starting up the game, and creating your character was time consumer, even to the point of showing nudity or not, yet you never really see what you built in game (the odd time of looking at a mirror is really the only time).

Choosing the attributes was also overly complex and imo, it seems that CDPR had plans to leverage that complexity in a rich world and game play but that didn't fully come to fruition. T

I have since taken the game off my PC, and I'll try a different game. Far Cry 6 seems to be highly touted as an enjoyable FPS that has a good story. I've not played any Far Cry games, but I may take the plunge on this.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
It wasn't just the build, but I think its emblematic of the game. That is, by all appearances they wanted a complex character build sequence. Starting up the game, and creating your character was time consumer, even to the point of showing nudity or not, yet you never really see what you built in game (the odd time of looking at a mirror is really the only time).

Choosing the attributes was also overly complex and imo, it seems that CDPR had plans to leverage that complexity in a rich world and game play but that didn't fully come to fruition. T

I have since taken the game off my PC, and I'll try a different game. Far Cry 6 seems to be highly touted as an enjoyable FPS that has a good story. I've not played any Far Cry games, but I may take the plunge on this.
I have played the first FarCry, loved it, completed FarCry 3 loved that too, loved the tropical island, but then burned out on Farcry 4 (Orient) after a while. Sneaking is fun, enjoyed the open world environments.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Starting up the game, and creating your character was time consumer, even to the point of showing nudity or not, yet you never really see what you built in game (the odd time of looking at a mirror is really the only time).

re:Cyberpunk2077 I found not being abke to swing in and out of 3rd to 1st person and back was annoying, and the mirror just irritated me more because it reminded me of that. And this game had the most in-dept, over-complicated, overkill and crappy screenshot system ever. It was better just to take screens with the Steam F12 if you did not mind seeing the UI. ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.