Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Erehy Dobon

Suspended
Feb 16, 2018
No service
Skyrim has some pretty insane visual mods. For extremely realistic skin, hair, armor, &c. Also the HD and 4K mods for highly refined textures everywhere. The third party HD/4K mods are generally better than Skyrim Special Edition. There's even major mod projects like Middle Earth Redone. Which add alot of extra gameplay.

I'd also recommend follower mods. Namely Inigo and Sofia. As they are entertaining. Along with removing follower limits. I also remove limits on how much shops can buy. Rather than having to grind forever selling stuff.

Really there's just a lot of stuff to make the game world far more immersive. You can go for more realism, fantasy or just plain silly.
Thanks for your personal mod recommendations!

One thing good about playing a mature game like Skyrim is that there are tons of "these are the best Skyrim mods" articles.

Do you have a favorite place to source mods? I'm just getting started with Nexus Mod Manager and Special K for Skyrim as well as other games.

I'm probably less inclined to mod for more fantasy. I'd rather have more realism, remove annoyances or maybe make things silly. I'm not a hardcore gamer, I'm not so serious about this and don't log many hours playing videogames.

I am definitely going to wait to play CP2077 until some excellent, solid mods are available.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Added significant info to post 1:

Gear (Most new)

Misc
Tips (most new)
- Select your map and look out for blue symbols that look like markers.
- Head to the marker.
- Arrive at your destination.
- Interact with it.
- Search for a new place to travel to.
- Select it, and the game will take you there.

Questing
  • Quest Types: https://gamerant.com/all-cyberpunk-2077-quest-types/
  • Main Quests: Story or campaign quests. Usually the largest in the game and string together the game's plot from start to finish. Players can finish the game only playing these main quests and will "still get a really good experience.”
  • Side Quests: Side quests, as is the norm, are significant quests that aren't necessary within the campaign but are still important to the world.
  • Street Stories- Like Cyberpunk 2077's version of The Witcher 3's monster hunts. They're designed by the CDPR Open World Team rather than the Quest System team, filling in empty spaces and making a more well-realized world.
  • Minor Quests- Very short side quests. They tell quick, often very creative stories.
  • GIGS- side stories.
  • new Bounties- Holy Crap, I walked by a police crime scene, got to close just walking by and the police attacked me… (In-Game note) Any illegal activity such as theft of attacking civilians will result in the NCPD placing a bounty on you. The police will send a patrol to the crime scene and the strenght of their response will be proportional to the size of the bounty. To lost the police, move away from the crime scene and lay low for a while.
  • new Collecting Bounties from wanted people:https://www.ign.com/wikis/cyberpunk...rted_Crimes,_Bounties#How_to_Collect_a_Bounty One of the earlier things you’ll learn in Cyberpunk is that with V’s improved scanner, you can see who in Night City has a bounty on them. All you need to do to “collect” that bounty is simply subdue the enemy. That’s it. There’s no drop off, no number to call. Once the job is done the money is yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: erayser

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I picked up the Satori katana, its at the end of the first major quest in act 1. I'm not giving away any spoilers, but its a nice weapon and its off the beaten path ,so to speak while doing that main quest. I've seen YT stating that you can upgrade/mod/craft this up to a legendary status. I'm not sure how, but that will come in time I suppose

View attachment 1696966
I don't mind would appreciate it if you spoil where this is located. Use spoiler tags. :D

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I don't mind would appreciate it if you spoil where this is located. Use spoiler tags. :D
Ok, here it is, I'm being purposely obtuse so much of the details of the game is left out. Its on the Heist mission which is the final mission on act 1. Below is a bit more info to get it, behind the spoiler tags

The default action is to run out the back patio doors as directed by t-bug. Instead you want to go up the stairs to another glass door, which leads to the roof. There's two combatants (there's a gun in the apartment by the bed) and after you dispose of them, inside the waiting car is the katana - please note its a bit hard to see and get but its right there. I had a bug in the game and the katana wasn't showing up, I had to quit the game and reload the save game.

• Love
Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Ok, here it is, I'm being purposely obtuse so much of the details of the game is left out. Its on the Heist mission which is the final mission on act 1. Below is a bit more info to get it, behind the spoiler tags

The default action is to run out the back patio doors as directed by t-bug. Instead you want to go up the stairs to another glass door, which leads to the roof. There's two combatants (there's a gun in the apartment by the bed) and after you dispose of them, inside the waiting car is the katana - please note its a bit hard to see and get but its right there. I had a bug in the game and the katana wasn't showing up, I had to quit the game and reload the save game.
I’m not yet at the end of Act 1. I’ve been focused on Crime Scenes, GIGs, Side Quests, and infrequent main quests. I‘m finding that with standard difficulty, combat is mostly easy. I infrequently die when I‘m not paying attention to my health. Head shots with a scoped, silenced pistol, and my lawn mower katana makes most fighting a fun waltz, just how I like it. I’ll post my build so far.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
As of last night I am Character Level 7 with a Street Credibility of 14.
Starting Attribute Points: Reflexes 5, Cool5, Tech4, Body4, Intel3- I think they were all at 3 until

As I’ve restarted my character, this info is not pertinent And have removed it.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
This maybe humorous that I've gone this far into the game and have not been hacking people during combat. Tonight I started getting Over Heat warnings, meaning I'm being hacked, and realized I needed the Intelligence: I Spy skill perk so I can identify who is hacking me. My understanding is that this can happen just from cameras without anyone, or is there always someone on site doing the hacking?

All of a sudden I realize that although I did the VR tape on combat and hacking I've been ignoring this skill just because I have not yet needed it. Then I started into combat and was hacking everyone, lol. My hack skill went up to 3 from zero.

Since I've been doing a lot of crime fighting on the streets I've got about $88K eddies. I'm at the ripper doc, the one on the East side of Watson, not Vick cause I've read it's not really worth paying off you debt to him unless you want the light version of gorilla arms. Do they make you look like Luthor in Umbrella Academy? ;)

So I'm trying to figure out what is best to get. More thoughts on this later.
Cyberware

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I’m not yet at the end of Act 1. I’ve been focused on Crime Scenes, GIGs, Side Quests, and infrequent main quests. I‘m finding that with standard difficulty, combat is mostly easy.
I did that as well, and I think this provides an avenue to rank up and customize your character to the build you have in mind. I'm in Act 2, and I can't be sure but I'm in a location where I had one of those assault in progress side quests, actually I've done two of them just this morning, every NCP had a skull indicating they're higher level. I struggled to put them all down - A lot harder then prior NCPD side quests.

I have no idea, but I think like Fallout 76, where there was a section of the map where you start the game and the creatures a low level, as you move around you go into higher leveled areas and if you travel too fast there, its a lot harder. That's my guess with night city.

I'm going to invest more points in the reflex skills for handguns and maybe assault rifles. I have like 12 skill points to use and 2 perk points to distribute. I've been focusing on reflexes, but I am wondering if I rank up cool that will help.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I did that as well, and I think this provides an avenue to rank up and customize your character to the build you have in mind. I'm in Act 2, and I can't be sure but I'm in a location where I had one of those assault in progress side quests, actually I've done two of them just this morning, every NCP had a skull indicating they're higher level. I struggled to put them all down - A lot harder then prior NCPD side quests.

I have no idea, but I think like Fallout 76, where there was a section of the map where you start the game and the creatures a low level, as you move around you go into higher leveled areas and if you travel too fast there, its a lot harder. That's my guess with night city.

I'm going to invest more points in the reflex skills for handguns and maybe assault rifles. I have like 12 skill points to use and 2 perk points to distribute. I've been focusing on reflexes, but I am wondering if I rank up cool that will help.
So far, I’m not impressed with assault rifles or machine guns, they use too many bullets. I’m getting great results with my scoped, silenced pistol with head shots, mostly 1, sometimes, 2 shot kills, and now that I started regularly hacking people before I shoot them, that’s gravy. :) I have used a shotgun, inside buildings going room to room and am also satisfied with that, and still my favorite for close quarters is slicing and dicing with the katana. I looking forward to how this goes in Act 2.

I to recommend exhausting all the quest opportunities in Watson, including random encounters, GIGs, question Mark and spiked bat icons on the map as there seems to be a lot of crime in Night City, lots of opportunity to level.

I may be mistaken but those groups of people you see with the little v over their heads likely as not turn hostile when you approach them so in many cases I’m proactive, start shooting first and have seen a warning or two about shooting citizens, but have received no bounties on me... yet. ;)

There is one thing I’m missing a chance at a personal relationship with a companion, as in F4. Yea, sure there is Jacky, but he has a girl friend, is not my type ;), and mostly I feel like an isolated loner in this game without a personal life. Besides depositing items in my stash, as far as I can tell, there is no other reason to return to your apartment. From a realism perspective, I think games like this should have a required sleep mechanism, which gives you a rest benefit. F4 had it, but even there it was not required.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Please advise of any errors: Added to Cyberware Section in Post 1:
Understanding Cyberware
In Cyberpunk2077 you can develop your body physical and mental abilities, by the means of Attribute Points such as Body, Reflexes, Intelligence, Tech Knowledge, etc. In addition to these attributes, speciality skills can be developed like increasing the speed of your attacks. This is fairly typical Role Playing game, skill progressions.

However, this is separate from cyberware. In 2077, Human bodies are augmented with software, a computer Operating System, that in some cases augments your body, by means of mechanical upgrades, giving you enhanced physical abilities, you could not otherwise possess, like a double jump, and in other cases allows you to Hack into other computers, security systems, anything that is networked, and includes hack attacks into other people’s operating systems via the network. Important points:

Cyberware associated info:
  • You can hack them and they can hack you.
  • The Ripperdoc is the person who gives you physical augments including upgrading your Operating System (OS).
  • The NetRunner is the person who sells Quick Hacks that used with your OS, to break (Hack, Quick Hack) into other computers and peoples’ OSs. For example, there is an Overheat Attack that causes the targets system to overheat cause long term damage. I started experiencing Overheat attacks on a regular basis when engaged in Combat.
  • Quick Hacks, How to Use: https://gamertweak.com/how-to-use-quick-hacks-cp2077/

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I had my first run in with a turret. It reminds me that before approaching any situation with adversaries to scan for both cameras and now turrets, although I need to verify that turrets will stand out in a scan. I saw a group of 4 hoodlums in a vacant junk strewn lot. I went in with my katana, thought I killed them all, but still was being shot and died. ? It took me 2 repeat to realize I was being shot by a turret over in a corner, and that the turret had also obliterated my car, no big deal as it was borrowed. ;)

It’s good to know that the game records checkpoints for repeating such interactions, but I don’t think they survive as permanent saves.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I‘m not sure what the level threshold is, I am Level 12 with about 25 street cred and I’m starting to run into more challenging adversaries and situations. A guy with mantis blades seemed to be almost impervious to my pistol, so I reran the encounter via a saved game with my katana, slicing and dicing him quickly. Note I have some serious blade skills at this point. :)

But I’m also seeing situations where a pistol/assault weapon/sniper are advantageous over a katana such as a large outdoor space where enemies are shooting at me from various angles and structures. What is very good to have are headshot damage multipliers.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Updated post 1 with this info in the Cyberware/Hacking section:
Misc

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
This was added to post #46:

Most Attributes are easy to explain. Cool is more of a mystery.
What is Cool and it's associated skill, Cold Blood?
Cool
is a Stat in Cyberpunk 2077. Each stat affects different capabilities, such as skills or Perks, and has a level cap of 20. Cool determine your ability to how will the character stands up to stress, fear, pressure, physical pain, and/or torture. In determining your willingness to fight on despite wounds or your fighting ability under fire.

Cool determines your resilience, composure, and effectiveness in operating from stealth. Each level of Cool will:
  • Increase Crit. Damage by 2%
  • Increase all Resistances by 1%.
  • Increase stealth damage by 10%.
  • Reduce the speed at which enemies detect you in stealth by 0.5%
  • Increase Monowire damage by 3.
COOL RELATED SKILLS
Cold Blood Description: Related Attribute: Cool https://cyberpunk2077.wiki.fextralife.com/Cold+Blood
This skill, one of two skills associated with Cool, can be leveled up by killing enemies with a bladed melee weapon's heavy attack (has a special kill animation). The Cold Blood skill focuses on improving V's basic stats and defenses such as Armor, HP, and Stamina.

Reactions: Plutonius

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Brought from another thread:
Your really soaking it up Did you find Brick? Royce is easily dealt with PM for details as don't want to spoil the experience for others.

Cyberpunk 2077 isn't a bad game by any means, however; broken promises, media manipulation and lies. Ironically very fitting for Night City, equally CDPR deserves to be called out...

Q-6
Maybe you could tell me using a spoiler tag that hides it from those that don’t want to see, and others may want to see. I’d like to know. :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Cool determines your resilience, composure, and effectiveness in operating from stealth. Each level of Cool will:
  • Increase Crit. Damage by 2%
  • Increase all Resistances by 1%.
  • Increase stealth damage by 10%.
  • Reduce the speed at which enemies detect you in stealth by 0.5%
  • Increase Monowire damage by 3.
COOL RELATED SKILLS
In setting up my charachter for this current play though, I started giving him more cool right off the bat, but my game play is not stealth and while its cool using a katana (and I have one in my inventory), I'm mostly a pistol build. I'm not seeing much value in cool and Cold Bold has confused me, I see little benefits from that though I suspect that's mostly due to my ignorance on that skill

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
In setting up my charachter for this current play though, I started giving him more cool right off the bat, but my game play is not stealth and while its cool using a katana (and I have one in my inventory), I'm mostly a pistol build. I'm not seeing much value in cool and Cold Bold has confused me, I see little benefits from that though I suspect that's mostly due to my ignorance on that skill
Frankly I did not understand it on first read, I mean I do understand the stat increase, cool is a buff, apparantly a substantial buff, but cold blood has to do with and is leveled by defeating enemies with a blade using a heavy attack, hold the attack button until your attack is full charged. There is an associated animation that I don’t know if I’ve seen so it likely means I’ve not using this skill properly and since I’m not out of act 1 yet, I might just restart, because I’ve but some skill points into crafting and I’m not convinced crafting is the way to go in this game, although skill perk points gai ed can be applied to any skill.

What I really need are some good build links that are specific, a list of attribute points and skill perks in order as you level.

I’ve noticed when I get my katana out, I end up dashing about quickly slicing multiple enemies in the close vicinity, I need to be paying more attention to this. And I’ve seen the value of head shots, and am looking for a good hybrid, blade-pistol build. Then there are other attributes that seem desirable like hacking, so it’s complicated.

This is the best single description I’ve seen:
Cold Blooded as a status-buff specifically activates when you are chain-defeating enemies and have purchased the Cold Blood base perk in Cool. The whole shtick of that skill is a type of momentum-focused fighter, be it stealth or guns blazing. Gaining a potential 30% multiplicative movement stack on top of plethora other modifiers (ranging from flat resistance% to attack-speed and hacking cooldowns) is very impactful imo.

If you prefer to pick people off and play slowly, CB isn't worth investing in. But if you often find yourself defeating more than one enemy every 10/20 seconds, and are also focusing Cool, CB is massive. It really emulates the momentum you might experience after chain-headshot'ing three dudes in a club, then high-jumping to the second floor and falcon punching a man down a flight of stairs with (fiery) gorilla arms.

This is good reading too:

Last edited:
Reactions: maflynn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I've been looking around online for a good list of Skill Perks that make it easy to evaluate them and have a better understanding of where you want to go. Some of them are in tables that I don't like for this purpose and the display in-game is a spiral which I don't like for evaluating relative skills. Eventually I found this list: https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-all-perks-list/, but unless there is something I'm not understanding I don't know why they were listed the way there were.

Additionally further I have bolded just some of the important skills towards a hybrid blade-pistol build, but not all of them. As I make updates, I'll put a note here.

The trick here with builds is that you have to know where you want to go, and how many points you have to work with. Honestly I'm not there yet, other than hybrid Blade-Pistol is what I'm shooting for.

I have edited this list and:
  • put them in order of how many associated attribute points they require.
  • the first number is the number of associated Attribute Skills required. For example 4 Pack Mule, requires 4 Body Attribute points to unlock it.
  • and I included how many levels each perk has: 0/1 means 1 level, 0/3 means 3 potential levels.

Skill Perks

Body Attribute Skill Perks

• Note: I started with 4 Body so some of the listed 4 items might not require 4 Body.
Athletics Perks (22)
  • 4 Pack Mule 0/1 (L4 Body): Carry +60.
  • 4 Regeneration 0/1 (L4 Body): Health Regen during combat.
  • 5 True Grit 0/3(L5 Body): Stamina +10,20,30 %
  • 5 Invincible 0/3 (L5 Body): Max Health +10,20,30%.
  • 7 Epimorphosis 0/3 (L7 Body): Health regenerates +70% of max health outside of combat.
  • 7 Soft on Your Feet 0/3 (L7 Body): Reduces fall -DAM by 5,10,15%.
  • 9 Gladiator 0/2 (L9 Body): -20,40% STAM blocking melee attacks.
  • 9 Steel and Chrome 0/2 (L9 Body): Melee +DAM 10,20%.
  • 11 Divided Attention 0/1 (L11 Body): Allows you to reload weapons while sprinting, sliding and vaulting.
  • 11 Like a Butterfly 0/1: (L11 Body) Dodging does not drain stamina.
  • 11 Multitasker 0/1 (L11 Body): Allows you to shoot while sprinting, sliding and vaulting.
  • 12 Cardio Cure 0/1 (L12 Body): +25% Health Regen faster as you move.
  • 12 Stronger Together 0/1 (L12 Body): Increases damage you deal while carrying a body.
  • 12 Transporter 0/1 (L12 Body): Allows you to shoot with Pistols and Revolvers or sprint while carrying a body.
  • 14 Marathoner 0/1 (L14 Body): Sprint No STAM drain.
  • 14 Human Shield 0/1 (L14 Body): Increases Armor by 20% when grappling an enemy.
  • 16 Dog of War 0/2 (L16 Body): +15,30% Health Regen during combat.
  • 16 Wolverine 0/2 (L16 Body): +50% Health Regen during combat.
  • 18 Steel Shell 0/1 (L18 Body): +10% Armor.
  • 20 Indestructible 0/1 (L20 Body): -10% incoming DAM.
  • 20 The Rock 0/1 (L20 Body): Enemies cannot knock you down.
  • 20 Hard ************ 0+ (L20 Body): When entering combat, Armor and Resistances increase by 10% for 10 seconds.
Annihilation Perks (19)- Shotguns, Machineguns.
  • Note: I started with 4 Body so some of the listed 4 items might not require 4 Body.
  • 4 Hail of Bullets 0/3 (L4 Body): +3,6,9% DAM with Shotguns and Light Machine Guns.
  • 5 In Your Face 0/2 (L5 Body): Reduces reload time of Shotguns and Light Machine Guns by 20%.
  • 5 Pump it, Louder! 0/2 (L5 Body): Reduces recoil of Shotguns and Light Machine Guns by 10%.
  • 7 Dead Center 0/2 (L7 Body): Torso +DAM10,20%.
  • 7 Bloodrush 0/2 (L7 Body): +5,10% Movement Speed carrying SG/MG.
  • 9 Mongoose 0/1 (L9 Body: Increases Evasion by 25% while reloading.
  • 9 Bulldozer 0/1 (L9 Body): +10% CRIT Increases Crit Chance with SG/MG.
  • 11 Massacre 0/3 (L11 Body): +15,30,45% CRIT Increases Crit Chance with SG/MG.
  • 11 Momentum Shift 0/3 (L11 Body): Defeating an enemy increases movement speed by 10% for 10 seconds.
  • 12 Heavy Lead 0/1 (L12 Body): Shotguns and Light Machine Guns knock back enemies with more force.
  • 12 Skeet Shooter 0/1 (L12 Body): Deal 15% more damage to moving targets.
  • 14 Manic 0/1 (L14 Body): When entering combat, your movement speed increases by 20% for 10 seconds.
  • 14 Unstoppable 0/1 (L14 Body): Dismembering an enemy increases fire rate by 10% for 8 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
  • 16 Burn Baby Burn 0/1 (L16 Body): Doubles the duration of Burn.
  • 16 Speed Demon 0/1 (L16 Body): You deal more damage the faster you’re moving.
  • 18 Poppin’ Off 0/2 (L18 Body): Shotguns have a 25% higher chance of dismembering enemies.
  • 18 Hit the Deck 0/2 (L18 Body): Increases damage to staggered and knocked-down enemies by 10%.
  • 20 Biathlete 0/1 (L20 Body): Weapon spread does not increase while moving
  • 20 Bloodbath 0+ (L20 Body): Dismembering enemies reduces weapon recoil by 50% for 5 seconds
Street Brawler Perks (17)
  • 4 Crushing Blows 0/3 (L4 Body): Increases damage from Strong Attacks with Blunt Weapons by 30%.
  • 4 Flurry 0/3 (L4 Body): Increases damage from combo attacks with Blunt Weapons by 30%.
  • 4 Dazed 0/2 (L4 Body): All attacks with Blunt Weapons have a 15% chance to apply Stun.
  • 4 Juggernaut 0/2 (L4 Body): Increases Armor by 15% while blocking with a Blunt Weapon.
  • 6 Efficient Blows 0/2 (L6 Body): Reduces the Stamina cost of all attacks with Blunt Weapons by 25%.
  • 6 Rush 0/2 (L6 Body): Successful attacks with Blunt Weapons regenerate 3% Health over 2 seconds.
  • 8 Human Fortress 0/1 (L8 Body): Reduces the Stamina cost of blocking attacks by 50% while using a Blunt Weapon.
  • 8 Opportune Strike 0/1 (L8 Body): Increases damage with Blunt Weapons against enemies affected by Stun by 50%.
  • 10 Payback 0/3 (L10 Body): Increases damage with Blunt Weapons by 1% for every 1% of missing Health.
  • 10 Reinvigorate 0/3 (L10 Body): Defeating an enemy by performing a Strong Attack with Blunt Weapon restores 10% Stamina.
  • 12 Breathing Space 0/2 (L12 Body): Increases Stamina regeneration while blocking with Blunt Weapons by 50%.
  • 12 Relentless 0/2 (L12 Body): Successful attacks with Blunt Weapons against enemies affected by Stun restore 20% Stamina.
  • 15 Frenzy 0/1 (L15 Body): Defeating an enemy increases damage with Blunt Weapons by 100% for 10 seconds.
  • 15 Thrash 0/1 (L15 Body): Strong Attacks with Blunt Weapons reduce the target’s Armor by 30% for 10 seconds.
  • 18 Biding Time 0/3 (L18 Body): Blocking attacks with a Blunt Weapon restores 5% Health.
  • 18 Unshakable 0/3 (L18 Body): Successful attacks with Blunt Weapons against enemies affected by Stun restore 5% Health and 5% Stamina.
  • 20 Guerrilla 0+ (L20 Body): Increases Critical Damage by 60% for 10 seconds after entering combat.
Reflexes Attribute Skill Perks

Assault Perks (19)

• Note: I started with 6 Reflex so some of the 6 items might not require 6 Reflex.
  • 6 Bulletjock 0/3 (L6 Ref): Increases damage with Rifles and Submachine Guns by 3%.
  • 6 Covering Killshot 0/2 (L6 Ref): Increases Critical Chance with Rifles and Submachine Guns by 10% when firing from behind cover.
  • 6 Eagle Eye 0/3 (L6 Ref): Reduces time to aim down sight with Rifles and Submachine Guns by 10%.
  • 6 Too Close for Comfort 0/2 (L6 Ref): Quick Melee Attacks with Rifles and Submachine Guns deal 50% more damage.
  • 7 Bullseye 0/1 (L7 Ref): Increase Rifle and Submachine Gun damage while aiming by 10%.
  • 7 Executioner 0/1 (L7 Ref): Deal 25% more damage with Rifles and Submachine Guns to enemies whose Health is above 50%.
  • 9 Duck Hunter 0/2 (L9 Ref): Increases Rifle and Submachine Gun damage to moving enemies by 10%
  • 11 Shoot, Reload, Repeat 0/2 (L9 Ref): Defeating an enemy with a Rifle or Submachine Gun reduces reload time by 20% for 5 seconds.
  • 11 Feel the Flow 0/2 (L11 Ref): Reduces reload time for Assault Rifles and Submachine Guns by 10%.
  • 11 Nerves of Steel 0/2 (L11 Ref): Increases headshot damage with Sniper Rifles and Precision Rifles by 20%.
  • 12 Hunter’s Hands 0/2 (L12 Ref): Reduces recoil with Rifles and Submachine Guns by 20% when firing from behind cover.
  • 12 Trench Warfare 0/2 (L12 Ref): Increases Rifle and Submachine Gun damage by 5% when firing from behind cover.
  • 14 Named Bullets 0/1 (L14 Ref): Increases Critical Damage with Rifles and Submachine Guns by 35%.
  • 14 Skull Skipper 0/1 (L14 Ref): Each headshot reduces recoil with Rifles and Submachine Guns by 5% for 10 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.
  • 16 Bunker 0/1 (L16 Ref): Increases Armor and Resistances by 15% when shooting with Rifles and Submachine Guns from behind cover.
  • 16 Recoil Wrangler 0/1 (L16 Ref): Reduces recoil with Rifles and Submachine Guns by 10%.18 In Perspective 0/1(L18 Ref): Bullets fired from Rifles and Submachine Guns ricochet an additional 2 times.
  • 18 In Perspective 0/1(L18 Ref): Bullets fired from Rifles and Submachine Guns ricochet an additional 2 times.
  • 20 Savage Stoic 0/1 (L20 Ref): Increases damage with Rifles and Submachine Guns by 35% when standing still.
  • 20 Punisher 0+ (L20 Ref): After defeating an enemy with a Rifle or Submachine Gun, weapon sway is nullified and weapon spread does not increase for 10 seconds.
Handguns Perks (20)
  • Note: I started with 6 Reflex so some of the 6 items might not require 6 Reflex.
  • 6 Desperado 0/3 (L6 Ref): D+3,6,9%
  • 6 Gunslinger 0/3 (L6 Ref): Reduces reload time for Pistols and Revolvers by 10%.
  • 6 High Noon 0/3 (L6 Ref): Crit+4,8,12%.
  • 6 Rio Bravo 0/3 (L6 Ref): Headshot damage XP +10, 20+30%
  • 7 Long Shot Drop Pop 0/2(L7 Ref): Dam 5+M +15, 20, 45%.
  • 7 On the Fly 0/2 (L7 Ref): Reduces draw/holster time for Pistols and Revolvers by 25%.
  • 7 Wild West 0/1 (L7 Ref): Remove Damage Penalty over distance.
  • 9 Vanishing Point 0/1 (L9 Ref): Evade +25% for 6 sec dodging with hand gun equipped.
  • 9 Steady Hand 0/1 (L9 Ref): Recoil -30%.
  • 9 O.K. Corral 0/1(L9 Ref): Dam +50% when NME Health <25%.
  • 11 A Fistful of Eurodollars 0/2 (L11 Ref): Crit damage +10, 20%.
  • 11 From Head to Toe 0/2 (L11 Ref): Limb Dam +7, 14%.
  • 12 Acrobat 0/1 (L12 Ref): Dodge with hand gun equipped.
  • 12 Grand Finale 0/1 (L12 Ref): The last round in a Pistol or Revolver clip deals double damage.
  • 14 Attritional Fire 0/1(L14 Ref): Consecutive shots at target INC DAM +10%.
  • 16 Westworld 0/1 (L16 Ref): When fully modded inc Crit by 10%.
  • 16 Snowball Effect 0/1 (L16 Ref): Defeat NME, fire rate INC 5% @6 sec. Stacks 5 times.18 Lead Sponge 0/1 (L18 Ref): Allows Shooting while dodging with hand gun.20 Brainpower 0/1(L20 Ref): After successful Headshot Crit+25% for 5 sec.
  • 20 The Good The Bad and the Ugly 0+(L20 Ref): With Crit Hit using pistol, DAM, Armor, +30% 5 sec.
Blades Perks (17)
  • 6 Crimson Dance 0/2 (L6 Ref): Combos w/Blades have a +15,30% chance apply Bleed.
  • 6 Flight of the Sparrow 0/2 (L6 Ref): -Stamina cost of Blades by 30%.
  • 6 Offensive Defense 0/2 (L6 Ref): Defensive Attacks Blades +200, 400% DAM.
  • 6 Roaring Waters 0/3 (L6 Ref): Strong Attacks Blades deal +DAM 30%.
  • 6 Sting like a Bee 0/3 (L6 Ref): +10% Attack Speed with Blade.
  • 6 Slow and Steady 0/2(L6 Ref): +15%, 30% Armor while moving.
  • 8 Shifting Sands 0/3 (L8 Ref): Dodge +15% Stamina.
  • 8 Stuck Pig 0/3 (L8 Ref): Increases Bleeding duration by 3 seconds.
  • 10 Blessed Blade 0/1 (L10 Ref): +20% Critical Chance with Blade.
  • 10 Unbroken Spirit 0/1 (L10 Ref): +25% Health and Stamina with successful Blade counter attack.
  • 12 Bloodlust 0/2 (L12 Ref): +7% Health when applying Bleed to an enemy (Blade) or hitting an enemy affected by Bleeding.
  • 12 Float like a Butterfly 0/2 (L12 Ref): +25%, 50% Dam @5sec when dodging with Blade.
  • 15 Fiery Blast 0/3 (L15 Ref): +1% DAM for every 1% of Health the enemy is missing with Blade.
  • 15 Judge, Jury and Executioner 0/3 (L15 Ref): +50% DAM with Blades against enemies with max Health.
  • 18 Crimson Tide 0/1(L18 Ref): Bleeding applied with Blades can stack 3 times.
  • 18 Deathbolt 0/1 (L18 Ref): While wielding a Blade, defeating an enemy restores 20% Health and increases movement speed by 30% for 5 seconds.
  • 20 Dragon Strike 0+ (L20 Ref): Increases Critical Damage with Blades by 25%.

Technical Ability Skill Perks

Note: I started with 4 Tech so some of the 4 items might not require 4 Tech.

Crafting Perks (18)
  • 4 Mechanic 0/1 (L4 Tech): Gain more components when disassembling.
  • 5 Scrapper 0/1 (L5 Tech): Junk items are automatically disassembled.
  • 5 True Craftsman 0/1 (L4 Tech): Allows you to craft Rare Items.
  • 7 Workshop 0/3 (L7 Tech): Disassembling items grants a 5% chance to gain a free component of the same quality as the disassembled item.
  • 9 Sapper 0/2 (L9 Tech): Grenades deal 10% more damage.
  • 9 Innovation 0/2 (L9 Tech): Consumables are 25% more effective.
  • 11 200% Efficiency 0/2 (L11 Tech): Drafted clothes gain 2.5% more Armor.
  • 11 Field Technician 0/2 (L11 Tech): Crafted weapons deal 2.5% more damage
  • 12 Efficient Upgrades 0/1 (L12 Tech): Grants a 10% chance to upgrade an item for free.
  • 12 Ex Nihilo 0/1 (L12 Tech): Grants a 10% chance to craft an item for free.
  • 12 Grease Money 0/1 (L12 Tech): Allows you to craft Epic Items.
  • 14 Cost Optimization 0/2 (L14 Tech): Reduces component cost of crafting items by 15%.
  • 14 Let there be Light! 0/2 (L14 Tech): Reduces the component cost of upgrading items by 10%
  • 16 Tune-Up 0/1 (L16 Tech): Allows you to upgrade lower quality components into higher quality ones.
  • 16 Waste Not Want Not 0/1 (L16 Tech): When disassembling an item, you get attached mods back.
  • 18 Edgerunner Artisan 0/1 (L18 Tech): Allows you to craft Legendary Items.
  • 20 Cutting Edge 0/1 (L20 Tech): Improves damage and all damage-related stats of crafted weapons by 5%.
  • 20 Crazy Science 0+ (L20 Tech): Increases the sale price of crafted items by 10%.
Engineering Perks (20)
  • 4 Blast Shielding 0/3 (L4 Tech): Reduces damage taken from explosions by 10%.
  • 4 Mech Looter 0/3 (L4 Tech): When looting Drones, Mechs and Robots, there is a 25% chance of looting a weapon mod or attachment.
  • 5 Can’t Touch This 0/1 (L5 Tech): Grants immunity to all effects from your own Grenades.
  • 5 Grenadier 0/1 (L5 Tech): The explosion radius of Grenades is visible.
  • 7 Shrapnel 0/1 (L7 Tech): All grenade types deal 20 damage in addition to their normal effects.
  • 9 Bladerunner 0/2 (L9 Tech): Increases damage to Drones, Mechs and Robots by 20%.
  • 9 Lock and Load 0/2 (L9 Tech): Increases Smart weapon reload speed by 5%.
  • 9 Up to 11 0/2 (L9 Tech): Allows you to charge Tech weapons up to 75% capacity.
  • 11 Bigger Booms 0/5 (L11 Tech): Grenades deal 5% more damage.
  • 12 Lightning Bolt 0/3 (L12 Tech): Increases Critical Chance with Tech weapons by 3%.
  • 12Tesla 0/3 (L12 Tech): Increases the charge multiplier for Tech weapons by 15%.
  • 14 Gun Whisperer 0/1 (L14 Tech): Fully charged Tech weapons do not shoot automatically.
  • 14 Insulation 0/1 (L14 Tech): Grants immunity to Shock.
  • 14 Übercharge 0/1 (L14 Tech): Fully charged Tech weapons deal 50% more damage.
  • 16 **** all Walls 0/1 (L16 Tech): Reduces the charge amount needed for Tech weapons to penetrate walls by 30%.
  • 16 Play the Angels 0/1 (L16 Tech): Ricochets deal an additional 50% damage.
  • 18 Lickety Split 0/2 (L18 Tech): Tech weapon charge time is reduced by 10%.
  • 20 Jackpot 0/1 (L20 Tech): Enables Grenades to deal Critical Hits.
  • 20 Superconductor 0/1 (L20 Tech): Tech weapons ignore Armor.
  • 20 Revamp 0+ (L20 Tech): Increases damage from Tech weapons by 25%. Increases charge damage from all chargeable weapons and Cyberware by 10%
Intelligence Skills Perks
  • Note: I started with 3 Intel so some of the 3 items might not require 3 Reflex.
Breach Protocol Perks (20)
  • 3 Big Sleep 0/2 (L3 Intel): Unlocks the Big Sleep daemon, which disables all cameras in the network for 3 minutes.
  • 3 Mass Vulnerability 0/2 (L3 Intel): Unlocks the Mass Vulnerability daemon, which reduces the Physical Resistance for all enemies in the network by 30% for 3 minutes.
  • 5 Advanced Datamine 0/2 (L5 Intel): Upgrades the Datamine daemon, increasing the amount of Eurodollars acquired from Access Points by 50%
  • 5 Almost in! 0/2 (L5 Intel): Increases the breach time for Breach Protocol by 20%.
  • 7 Extended Network Interface 0/1 (L7 Intel): Automatically highlights nearby Access Points.
  • 7 Mass Vulnerability – Resistances 0/1 (L7 Intel): Upgrades the Mass Vulnerability daemon, reducing all Resistances for enemies in the network by 30% in the network to friendly for 3 minutes.
  • 9 Datamine Mastermind 0/2 (L9 Intel): Upgrades the Datamine daemon, increasing the amount of components acquired from Access Points by 50%.
  • 9 Turret Shutdown 0/2 (L9 Intel): Unlocks the Turret Shutdown daemon, which disables Security Turrets in the network for 3 minutes.
  • 11 Total Recall 0/1 (L11 Intel): The ICEpick daemon reduces all Quickhack costs by an additional 1 RAM unit(s).
  • 12 Turret Tamer 0/2 (L12 Intel): Unlocks the Turret Tamer daemon, which sets the status of every Turret.
  • 12 Datamine Virtuoso 0/2 (L12 Intel): Upgrades the Datamine daemon, increasing the chance to acquire a Quickhack from Access Points by 50%.
  • 14 Cloud Cache 0/2 (L14 Intel): Completing a Breach Protocol reduces the RAM cost of your next Quickhack by 1 time(s) the number of daemons uploaded.
  • 14 Efficiency 0/2 (L14 Intel): Uploading 3 or more daemons in the same Breach Protocol increases cyberdeck RAM recovery rate by 3 unit(s) per 60 seconds; lasts 5 minutes.
  • 16 Mass Vulnerability – Quickhacks 0/1 (L16 Intel): Upgrades the Mass Vulnerability daemon, causing enemies in the network to also take 30% more damage from Quickhacks.
  • 16 Totaler Recall 0/1 (L16 Intel): The ICEpick daemon reduces all Quickhack costs by an additional 1 RAM unit(s).
  • 18 Hackathon 0/1 (L18 Intel): Uploading 3 or more daemons in the same Breach Protocol shortens Quickhack cooldowns by 33% for 5 minutes.
  • 18 Head Start 0/1 (L18 Intel): Automatically uploads the first daemon in the list at the start of Breach Protocol.
  • 20 Buffer Optimization 0/1 (L20 Intel): Increases the duration of daemon effects by 100%
  • 20 Compression 0/1 (L20 Intel): Reduces the lengths of the sequences required to upload daemons by 1. Cannot be reduced below 2
  • 20 Transmigration 0+ (L20 Intel): Increases the breach time of Breach Protocol by 50%
Quickhacking Perks (19)
  • Note: I started with 3 Intel so some of the 3 items might not require 3 Reflex.
  • 3 Bloodware 0/3 (L3 Intel): Quickhacks deal 10% more damage.
  • 3 Biosynergy 0/3 (L3 Intel): Allows RAM to recover during combat. Recover 4 RAM unit(s) every 60 seconds.
  • 5 Forget-Me-Not 0/1 (L5 Intel): Eliminating a target affected by a Quickhack instantly recovers 1 RAM .unit(s).
  • 5 Hacker’s Manual 0/1 (L5 Intel): Unlocks Crafting Specs for Uncommon Quickhacks.
  • 5 I Spy 0/1 (L5 Intel): Reveals an enemy netrunner when they’re attempting to hack you
  • 7 Daisy Chain 0/3 (L7 Intel): Eliminating a target affected by a Quickhack reduces the existing cooldowns for all other active Quickhacks by 10%
  • 7 Weak Link 0/3 (L7 Intel): Reduces the required cyberdeck RAM for Quickhacks used on devices by 1 unit(s).
  • 9 Signal Support 0/2 (L9 Intel): Increases Quickhack duration by 25%.
  • 11 Subliminal Message 0/2 (L11 Intel): Quickhacks deal 50% more damage to unaware targets.
  • 12 Diffusion 0/1 (L12 Intel): Quickhacks spread distance is increased by 2 times.
  • 12 Mnemonic 0/1 (L12 Intel): Reduces the cost of Quickhacks used against an enemy already affected by a Quickhack by 2 RAM units.
  • 12 School of Hard Hacks 0/1 (L12 Intel): Unlocks Crafting Specs for Rare Quickhacks.
  • 14 Plague 0/3 (L14 Intel): Quickhacks that spread can jump to 1 additional targets.
  • 16 Critical Error 0/1 (L16 Intel): Quickhacks can now deal Critical Hits based on your Crit Chance and Crit Damage stats.
  • 16 Hacker Overload 0/1 (L16 Intel): Unlocks Crafting Specs for Epic Quickhacks.
  • 18 Anamnesis 0/3 (L18 Intel): Available cyberdeck RAM cannot drop below 2 unit(s).
  • 20 Bartmoss’ Legacy 0/1 (L20 Intel): Unlocks Crafting Specs for Legendary Quickhacks.
  • 20 Optimization 0/1 (L20 Intel): Reduces the cost of Quickhacks by 1 RAM unit(s).
  • 20 Master RAM Liberator 0+ (L20 Intel): Increases RAM recovery rate by 50%
Cool Skill Perks

Stealth Perks (25)

• Note: I started with 5 Cool so some of the 5 items might not require 5 Cool.
  • Crouching Tiger 0/1 (L5 Cool): +20% Move Speed.
  • 5 Dagger Dealer 0/1(L5 Cool): Allows you to throw knives; hold to aim and press to throw.
  • 5 Hidden Dragon0/1 (L5 Cool): Allows you to perform non-lethal aerial takedowns on unaware targets.
  • 5 Silent and Deadly 0/1 (L5 Cool): Increases damage dealt by silenced weapons by 25% while sneaking.
  • 7 Assassin 0/1(L7 Cool): Deal 15% more damage to human enemies.
  • 7 Leg Up 0/1 (L7 Cool): Movement speed after a successful takedown is increased by 30% for 10 seconds
  • 7 Strike from the Shadows 0/1 (L7 Cool): Increases your Crit Chance by 15% while sneaking.
  • 9 Cutthroat 0/2 (L9 Cool): Thrown knives deal 30% more damage.
  • 9 Sniper 0/2 (L9 Cool): Increases damage from headshots fired from outside combat by 30%.
  • 11 Aggressive Antitoxins0/1 (L11 Cool): Grants immunity to Poison.
  • 11 Clean Work 0/1 (L11 Cool): You can pick up an enemy’s body immediately after performing a takedown by holding R3.
  • 11 Stunning Blows 0/1 (L11 Cool): Quick Melee Attacks with ranged weapons stagger enemies, giving you an opportunity to grapple them.
  • 12 From the Shadows 0/2 (L12 Cool): Upon entering combat, Crit Chance increases by 25% for 7 seconds.
  • 12 Ghost 0/2 (L12 Cool): Detection time is increased by 20%.
  • 12 Commando 0/1(L14 Cool): You cannot be detected under water.
  • 12 Rattlesnake 0/1 (L14 Cool): Enemies affected by Poison are slowed.
  • 14 Venomous Fangs 0/1 (L14 Cool): All knives apply Poison.
  • 16 Hasty Retreat 0/1 (L16 Cool): Temporarily boosts movement speed by 50% for 5 seconds, when detected by an enemy.
  • 16 Restorative Shadows 0/1 (L16 Cool): While in stealth, increases Health regeneration by 25%.
  • 16 Silent Finisher0/1(L16 Cool): Enemies with less than 15% Health are defeated instantly when attacked with a Knife. Does not work on enemies with a Very High threat level.
  • 18 Cheat Death 0/1 (L18 Cool): When your Health drops below 50%, reduce all incoming damage by 50% for 10 seconds. Cannot occur more than once per minute.
  • 18 Hasten the Inevitable 0/1 (L18 Cool): Deal 20% more damage to enemies affected by Poison.
  • 18 Neurotoxin 0/1(L18 Cool): Damage from Poison is doubled.
  • 20 Ninjutsu 0/1 (L20 Cool): Crouch Attacks from stealth with melee weapons deal 100% more damage and guarantee a Crit Hit.
  • 20 Toxicology 0+ (L20 Cool): Increases the duration of Poison applied to enemies by 5 seconds.
Cold Blood Perks (19)
  • Note: I started with 5 Cool so some of the 5 items might not require 5 Cool.
  • 5 Cold Blood 0/3 (L5 Cool): After defeating an enemy, gain Cold Blood for 10 seconds and increase movement speed by 2%. Stacks up to 1 times.
  • 5 Icy Veins 0/2 (L5 Cool): Reduces weapon recoil by 2.5% per stack of Cold Blood.
  • 5 Will to Survive 0/2 (L5 Cool): Increases all Resistances by 1.5% per stack of Cold Blood.
  • 7 Critical Condition 0/2(L7 Cool): Increases duration of Cold Blood by 5 seconds.
  • 7 Frosty Synapses 0/2 (L7 Cool): Reduces Quickhack cooldowns by 3% per stack of Cold Blood.
  • 9 Defensive Clotting 0/2(L9 Cool): Increases Armor by 10% per stack of Cold Blood.
  • 9 Rapid Bloodflow 0/2 (L9 Cool): Increase Health regeneration inside and outside combat by 50% per stack of Cold Blood.
  • 11 Coldest Blood 0/1 (L11 Cool): Increases max stack amount for Cold Blood by 1.
  • 11 Frozen Precision 0/1 (L11 Cool): Increases headshot damage by 50%.
  • 12 Blood Brawl 0/2 (L12 Cool): While Cold Blood is active, increases damage with melee weapons by 5%.
  • 12 Predator 0/2 (L12 Cool): Increases attack speed by 10% per stack of Cold Blood.
  • 12 Quick Transfer 0/2 (L12 Cool): Reduces Quickhack upload time by 1% per stack of Cold Blood.
  • 14 loodswell 0/1 (L14 Cool): When your Health reaches 45%, a max stack of Cold Blood is automatically activated.
  • 14 Cold and Calculating 0/1(L14 Cool): Landing a Crit Hit has 25% chance of applying a stack of Cold Blood.
  • 16 Coolagulant 0/1 (L16 Cool): Stacks of Cold Blood are removed one by one, not all at once.
  • 16 Unbreakable 0/1 (L16 Cool): Increases max stack amount for Cold Blood by 1.
  • 18 Pain is an Illusion 0/1 (L18 Cool): While Cold Blood is active, reduces damage taken by 5%.
  • 20 Immunity 0/1 (L20 Cool): While Cold Blood is active, you are immune to Bleeding, Poison, Burn and Shock.
  • 20 Merciless 0+ (L20 Cool): While Cold Blood is active, increases Crit Chance by 10% and Crit Damage by 25%.

Reactions: erayser

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Stealth Quests. So far I’ve done 2 stealth quests (Gigs), asking that you accomplish the mission without being discovered, loss of stealth does not fail the mission, but I think you get more XP if you remain stealthy. I’ve always found these type of quests to be difficult and rely on multiple save points to get through them. It’s not a realistic expectation to think I can breeze through them on a single pass, and sometimes the game prevents you in combat from saving, but if you are undetected, just in a hostile zone, saves can be made. Repetition reveals AI behavior and don’t forget to look for cameras and neutralize them with your hack ability.

So for one example, Bloodsport, when you are on a stealth rescue mission, at a dojo entering from the roof window because you lack skills to enter at the back door, to drop down in the front lobby on top of a guy at the front desk without being discovered, it requires you to wait until this person, get’s up and walks around.

Now there is a skill that I don’t yet have to drop on someone, grapple and subdue them quietly. So after 3 tries and failing to hold stealth, I finally noticed the front desk guy gets up and walks to the vending machine, giving you an opportunity to drop down, while crouched, sneak up behind him and grapple him. On this quest several more cameras to disable, and three people to sneak by or grapple and dispose of quietly to rescue the target and escort him out the back door which thankfully opens from the inside without any skill. :)

Queen6

macrumors G4
This just bust out on the GOG forum...

One of many sources, Quote below: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/778998-cyberpunk-2077/79177975/948379792

From a thread where supposed CDPR developer was speaking anonymously so take this with a grain of salt:

This is still very hush hush, but I'm fed up with this s*** so I'll disclose a few details.

CDPR hurt themselves to keep investors safe and sound. Now devs are hearing plans of a "No Man's Sky" style comeback due to late June. The first two patches should come out mid-March, despite what's been said by top execs. There will be major departures from the studio in the coming months. Dev morale is on an all time down and Sony is roasting our asses due to the gigantic volume of refund requests. There will be a meeting today with Sony execs to figure out a way to compensate players threatening with legal action. Sony Japan is specially furious.

More to come in the next couple weeks. Feels terrible, man.
There's no finger pointing as of now. Word on memos comes from the top. The directors and senior devs are taking the flak for the team in what I'd call "an honourable move". Just so you know, we still joke about a quest that got rewritten more than a dozen times, because a certain top dog wasn't "feeling it". It ended up being cut from the final product and should come on a later DLC next year.

There's people that get hired for whatever reason and stay in the company due to being "trusted by the top dogs". A good chunk of code is getting scrapped and rewritten from scratch. The intended game might be ready by June 2021.

That's already done and ready since February. It didn't get implemented because of a major UI bug that is still present in the retail copies. If you open your .dat files you'll find a lot of scrapped content still in there.
If you want a refund, please ask for it. It positively impacts us as devs, because we've warned the leads a MILLION times about that kind of s***. Most cosmetic overhauls should be ready by the 2nd big update, hopefully.

The update that is due to June will sort out all of the bugs. The code for the PS4/Xbox One is getting scrapped and done separately. PS5's code is an improvement on the PC due to the awesome dev kit Sony put together for this gen.

You'd be amazed by how much is already done. That "cut content so people finish the main quest" talk was all bulls***. Most apartments with "Closed (locked)" indications used to be lootable, we've scrapped 50,000+ lines of dialogue and I believe the June update will bring a whole lot of cut content back into the game.

Address the cut content as well. If they see that you guys are asking for s*** to be put back into the game, we might actually make the game we intended back in 2018. There used to be a huge underground part of the city that the public never got to see because it "looked ugly" to the execs. It was f***ing awesome and felt like the malkavian/nosferatu path on Vampire the Masquerade.

I don't want to hate on Keanu, but f***ing hell, our original Johnny was way cooler and sounded like a maniac. Think Foltest on crack. I don't appreciate his acting either, but he's a very nice man. Walked up to us personally to greet us on the first day and took time to personally thank us one by one when they wrapped up recording.

The word is his fee was actually manageable and the need for a Star Talent came from outside CDPR. The execs complied, because who the f*** knows? It sucks.

Our original Johnny was heavily inspired by David Hayter's Solid Snake from the first MGS and believe it or not, Cillian Murphy

There was a whole AI routine with minor gang violence in those areas. Stuff you could sit back and watch unfold or directly influence. There was also a lot of drug use with kids that eventually got cut due to inside censorship. There were priests and hare krishna side arcs that got cut due to censorship. Miles wrote a sidequest where a Max Tac officer offed himself and you could take its place but it created such a complex detour from everything tonally that it got cut as well. I hope it comes back, because it felt amazing to get into their headquarters and hack s***. You'd see the police trying to operate and breaking down mid-arrest due to your shenanigans.

Might sound weird, but the disaster launch was actually something beneficial, from our perspective. A cold shower sets priorities straight and so we're able to resume work on what was originally intended without having those f***ers breathing down our necks to publish.

I believe it was due to miscommunication and leads not setting goals like they should. The game was jumbled together for 2019's E3. The last dev comp before the scrap was 160Gb alone. There should be some whistleblowing in the coming weeks if the step downs

Series X was a mere rewrite of code and load orders. Next-gen's architecture is actually very good for ports. It's company policy to release when a game runs without debug hitches and the reason why it did baffles me and is the reason why I started this thread. It's a mix of hubris and deep incompetence from some big names around here. I'm going home for the holidays and really thinking about my friends who will be in the office for the next couple months redoing scrapped work without being able to say "I f***ING TOLD YOU!!! This is your fault, Boss". Next E3 will be bizarre for CDPR, I bet.

We've scrapped two whole arcs because the mission cleaned a save due to a bug with character placement. We've also scrapped a big portion of the underground and sewers because of bugs. Night City had three different types of cab besides Villefort and drivers would hold whole conversations and give quests. That also had to be scrapped.

Police pathfinding script worked wonderfully until somebody screwed the pooch. All I know it is already being fixed. It was a major oversight, of course.

Morgan Blackhand's backstory and a nod to the Coporate Wars. The DLC's will add a lot to the crazy and cool ideas Mike gave us when we began briefing the project. You guys should have the complete game by the end of next year, if everything goes well. I really gotta go now. Take care.

So looks like the game was butchered, yet may still be redeemable. Like all on the web you need to take with a pinch of salt, equally a lot said does ring true and we'll all see soon enough one way or the other...

Q-6

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Cyberpunk 2077 - Big News Update! Not So Good News...CD Projekt Red Officially Responds!:

I guess I was wrong when I posted that 200k simultaneous is healthy - Having a million players then dropping a to 200k is a deep drop off.

Funny enough, I'm one of those players I put the game aside to play FO76, and I guess I lost critical mass. I tried playing the other day doing the side gig small man big mouth, but in doing this side quest I'm getting one shot. Perhaps I'm too low of a level but it stopped me in my tracks.

I do like the game, but it seems that if I put it down, its its hard to get ramped up . Even with the holiday event of Fallout 76 ending, I'm still having more fun there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back to CP77, the video seems to communicate that CDPR will be issuing a major update to the game this summer, not bug fixes but updating the game mechanics or content. In all honesty, I've not followed the CP77 news that closely these past few weeks, so I'm unsure. Additionally, at the end of the YT, it mentions we may not see the big bug fix until March.

Like the recent failed game releases, I do see people referencing No Man's Sky and how that developer turned the game around (after much time, pain and money). So now any game that flops uses the mantra, of lets do a no man's sky on it. I know this was bantered about for Anthem, and yet where is that game? Its still being [re]developed and in all honesty I don't see that game seeing the light of day at this point.

CP77 like No Man's Sky are single player games (though the latter now may be co-op), and so unlike an online game that failed its possible to keep working on it and not have it die off like Anthem.

Reactions: Queen6 and Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.