Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That's my big regret with Skyrim. I got into it too soon. Then the really good mods came out. You can only play through a game for the first time once.
True, but if you never played the game, you'll not know what mods work best for you. True there's some that kick up the game and are no brainer but waiting for mods may not help. Plus with CP77, you may be waiting a long time, given the state of the game. The developer will be spending the short term putting out small fires and bug fixes, then it will look towards DLCS or what not. I think modding will be much further down the line.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Like Fallout you need to define how many points you give to your attributes. Some of it, is fairly self explanatory, like body giving you more strength, and health. But then there's Technical Ability that allows you to use tech weapons and unlock doors, but in an odd twist, it also increases armor. This isn't too confusing, once you figure out all the attributes.

View attachment 1693384

Then there's the perk points, Here's intelligence, and so far I have 6 perk points that I can apply, whether to the perks of Intelligence (which happens to have two tabs) and those perks has things like the ability to shut down turrets. The body attribute has three tabs, but the others have two. Its all very confusing and can be overwhelming in that respect.
View attachment 1693388
It‘s as if a good guide is needed. I need to look at that link I posted for builds, I don’t think they have all specific recommendations just a general description and they coukd say more about cybernetic implants.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The game looks interesting. It appears to support mods. I'll hold off until the modding community gets a chance to build up some really good mods.

That's my big regret with Skyrim. I got into it too soon. Then the really good mods came out. You can only play through a game for the first time once.
I played Skyrim from start to finish with no mods and was happy with it. Not said to knock you, but point out that they are not necessarily needed. In Fallout 4, I’m using quite a few mods, some appearance and/or capability enhancements, then there are important content mods that change the fundamental outcomes of the main quest resolution, but I saw no need for the latter in Skyrim, and you’ll only feel the need for these mods if you first experience the vanilla game‘s short comings.

Now as far as CP77, I see the need for a third person mod, if that is workable for this game, it may not. In a group fight 3rd person makes situational awareness much better.
True, but if you never played the game, you'll not know what mods work best for you. True there's some that kick up the game and are no brainer but waiting for mods may not help. Plus with CP77, you may be waiting a long time, given the state of the game. The developer will be spending the short term putting out small fires and bug fixes, then it will look towards DLCS or what not. I think modding will be much further down the line.
I agree. Much of this involves experiencing something you personally feel needs to be better. I prefer a mix of first and third person, than when just being in a vehicle.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Sounds playable to me. I played at the highest resolution early in the game... set DLSS to Quality and maxed, and I was averaging 60 fps with an RTX 3090... I was fine with it since it's an RPG. I turned off settings I've mentioned, and it boosted my fps to 80 to 90's... but I don't think it matters. I think you have playable frame rates to enjoy the game. Try not to think of the performance... you're fine... or the bugs. Give the story a chance... it does get better as you move further into the game.
What’s interesting that when I installed the game, it was set (set itself?) to mostly ultra settings on my RTX 2070, 4k monitor, but when I told GeForce Experience to optimize the game, it turned many of those setting down. One example it turned volumetric clouds off.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Added Gear and Cybernetics Section to Post 1.

Gear
Cybernetics

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
What’s interesting that when I installed the game, it was set (set itself?) to mostly ultra settings on my RTX 2070, 4k monitor, but when I told GeForce Experience to optimize the game, it turned many of those setting down. One example it turned volumetric clouds off.

I thought the game set my settings based on my system.. haha.. so I didn't bother going to GeForce Experience. If you are playing in 4k, I've read... or seen a vid... that DLSS set to Performance is recommended. Quality or Balance is recommended for 1440p.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The RTX3090 that @erayser has, can handle it GeForce Experience astuetely understood that ultra with ultra ray tracing isn't going to cut it on anything else. I might have missed it earlier in the thread, nvidia released an update to their drivers at the time of this game's release. Be sure to update them as well.

Here's a nice video detailing how CP77 does with various setting on a number of different GPUs. The Tldr is that at 1440p, with no ray tracing or just some the RTX2070 will have decent frame rates (with DLSS on). At 4k, really on the RTX 3090

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I’ve played 10 hours or so, and have one attribute upgrade I have yet to apply, maybe I have 2 or 3 now that have started dealing with local Assaults in Progress, tons of loot to scoop up there. I’ve become very fond of my katana for close up wet work and might go with that build, gonna think on it.
I just watched this YT and found it very useful.
I’m watching this and taking some notes, that I will post. :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I’ve played 10 hours
Steam is telling my I have 17 hours invested in the game, but truth be told, that's not actual game play as I restarted as I mentioned here (or in another thread).

Quest-wise I'm in Act 1, and I completed the first mission (no spoilers). I stopped actively doing that quest and I spent yesterday and today just poking around the city. What I found useful and fun is the icon where the NCPD has missions, basically just head in and shoot everything. Lots of action and lots of loot. If you're focusing on one weapon type, it allows the skill progression to move up fairly quickly. I think I'm at level 7, and I have a street cred of 5 or 6. I've started investing my perk points to Reflexes since I'm now more of a pistol build and I like the assault rifle (another reflex skill). I've yet to find a katana blade so I'm not really looking at that. Plus for melee builds you need to have a higher body perk setting, mine is three so far.

I've been collecting anything and everything, breaking down guns that I don't need and selling all my junk and food - I need to manage my carry weight, I've been over-incumbered a number of time. As for money, doing those actions allowed me to get to have 25k of eddys which I put some of that towards my first cyberware upgrade - funny enough the one to increase your carrying capacity.

I think during my lunch hour today, If fallout 76 is up (it may be down to upload the new season), I'll spend a little time doing that, as Season 3 for the legendary run starts but I'll spend more time on CP77 shortly. I think I'm ready to restart the main quest.

Oh, I also found a legendary weapon and I'm so happy with it. Its a revolver with insane stats, and since I'm moving towards a pistol build this is quite a find.

What surprised me a bit, was I thought I was setting up my character to be a net runner, I initially gave them higher intelligence, and I was going to do an OS upgrade for more ram slots and what not, but my play style is definitely not net runner, I've been just focusing on the pistol, almost just ignoring the hacking side of the game - shoot first then ask question :)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Steam is telling my I have 17 hours invested in the game, but truth be told, that's not actual game play as I restarted as I mentioned here (or in another thread).

Quest-wise I'm in Act 1, and I completed the first mission (no spoilers). I stopped actively doing that quest and I spent yesterday and today just poking around the city. What I found useful and fun is the icon where the NCPD has missions, basically just head in and shoot everything. Lots of action and lots of loot. If you're focusing on one weapon type, it allows the skill progression to move up fairly quickly. I think I'm at level 7, and I have a street cred of 5 or 6. I've started investing my perk points to Reflexes since I'm now more of a pistol build and I like the assault rifle (another reflex skill). I've yet to find a katana blade so I'm not really looking at that. Plus for melee builds you need to have a higher body perk setting, mine is three so far.

I've been collecting anything and everything, breaking down guns that I don't need and selling all my junk and food - I need to manage my carry weight, I've been over-incumbered a number of time. As for money, doing those actions allowed me to get to have 25k of eddys which I put some of that towards my first cyberware upgrade - funny enough the one to increase your carrying capacity.

I think during my lunch hour today, If fallout 76 is up (it may be down to upload the new season), I'll spend a little time doing that, as Season 3 for the legendary run starts but I'll spend more time on CP77 shortly. I think I'm ready to restart the main quest.

Oh, I also found a legendary weapon and I'm so happy with it. Its a revolver with insane stats, and since I'm moving towards a pistol build this is quite a find.

What surprised me a bit, was I thought I was setting up my character to be a net runner, I initially gave them higher intelligence, and I was going to do an OS upgrade for more ram slots and what not, but my play style is definitely not net runner, I've been just focusing on the pistol, almost just ignoring the hacking side of the game - shoot first then ask question :)
That’s what I learned in F4, is that there is no rush on the main quest. It‘ll wait for you. Regarding NCPD missions, I mentioned them as Assaults in Progress in the previous post, labeled as spiked baseball bat icons on the map. When I started doing those, it was the road to tons of loot and many weapons for breakdown, or a gem now and then to keep.

One thing I’ll out in post one regarding quest difficulty, “moderate” appears to be completely routine, in some cases just talking, like pay Vick the Ripper Doc the $21000 you owe him, or pick up a gun that is promised to you. In other cases it is fighting, like some of the AIP locations. Note, I am playing on standard difficulty, if I remember correctly, described as just bosses will give real challenges.

There is a fight competition fight quest picked up in your apartment complex, one floor down at a ring setup in the hallway with a robot. I went to the first location nearby, and you end up facing two people, twins augmented into a single consciousnes, they whipped my butt about 5 times until I decided I’d come back later. These fights rely on a wage, so I used my save game to save me the credits, because I could not afford $500 per fight.

As per your post with the video, not messing up augments, katana unlike a bruiser build requires reflex points, which might make it good for a hybrid gun build. With a katana, why use your fists? ;)

Please tell me wbout Netrunner, is that a build or a profession?

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
, like pay Vick the Ripper Doc the $21000 you owe him,
I don't think you get anything for paying him back. Given how hard it is to earn money early in the game, dropping that much for no real return seems crazy. I have over 25k but there's no way in hell I'm paying him.

they whipped my butt about 5 times
My configuration is not skewed towards a melee build. My strength setting is only at 3, so what I'm getting at is I avoided that set of quests.

or pick up a gun that is promised to you.
That was a more confusing quest simply because I didn't know how to do it. Juts go to the gun shop, start the buying process and then look for the gun that's for 0 eddys btw, I don't think I'm spoiling anything, and also you'll find better guns by battling the bad guys. I've already scrapped that free gun ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please tell me wbout Netrunner, is that a build or a profession?
Net runner is the hacking build. You increase your intelligence perk and as you play you build up your hacking skills and even cyberware to help. I wanted to do that build and gave myself 5 points in the intelligence but as I mentioned, once I really started playing I barely done any hacking, so I'm now just focusing on a gun slinger (pistols) build and that's serving me nicely.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I don't think you get anything for paying him back. Given how hard it is to earn money early in the game, dropping that much for no real return seems crazy. I have over 25k but there's no way in hell I'm paying him.

My configuration is not skewed towards a melee build. My strength setting is only at 3, so what I'm getting at is I avoided that set of quests.

That was a more confusing quest simply because I didn't know how to do it. Juts go to the gun shop, start the buying process and then look for the gun that's for 0 eddys btw, I don't think I'm spoiling anything, and also you'll find better guns by battling the bad guys. I've already scrapped that free gun ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Net runner is the hacking build. You increase your intelligence perk and as you play you build up your hacking skills and even cyberware to help. I wanted to do that build and gave myself 5 points in the intelligence but as I mentioned, once I really started playing I barely done any hacking, so I'm now just focusing on a gun slinger (pistols) build and that's serving me nicely.
In the big picture of fighting and interactions, dialog checks, I’m thinking that would be at best a secondary skill, like hacking is in F4. It’s good to have, but not primary.

Ok if you get nothing for paying Doc Vick back, it can wait, lol. That happened while my in-game consciousness was on vacation. ;) I was thinking it offered some vital path forward or access to a huge augment perk.

Last edited:

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I haven't paid Vick either. I have of eddys saved, and still reluctant to put my money into the mission I pm'd you on. Even though the pay back is pretty epic... lol I pick up everything to makes some eddys... bad part of doing that is if you reach the threshold of amount of junk you carry during a mission fight... you move really slow from the weight. I tried to go out of the mission fight to sell my items... summoned my motorcycle... but it won't let me drive far from the mission... hahaha.. have go in finish mission heavy.

Reactions: Huntn and maflynn

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
my money into the mission I pm'd you on
I'm trying to keep a stash of money ready for that, though as I mentioned, I largely stopped doing the main quest for the time being - having too much doing other crap

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I'm trying to keep a stash of money ready for that, though as I mentioned, I largely stopped doing the main quest for the time being - having too much doing other crap
I'm pretty sure the mission I sent you in PM is a side quest. But I'm trying to clean my Journal too. Hard to stay off the main story... it's been pretty engaging. Makes you want to stay on the quest.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
Oh crap... this actually works for Ryzen CPU's. Apparently the cd projekt red 1st developed this for bulldozer 8 years ago... so it's not utilizing SMT (Simultaneous Multi-Threading) technology in AMD Ryzen CPUs:

My fps isn't dropping down to 60 anymore... here is a video with details:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Based on @maflynn Link post 28, here are my notes of the video, which is very informative and I added my description explaining the relationship of Attributes to Skills, to Skill Perks. I'll put this in post 1 eventually Or link to if from there.

Any obvious errors, please let me know!

Attributes, Attribute Levels, Skills, Skill Perks explained
Sourced on this video:

How they are organized:
At first this is confusing and a bit overwhelming.
All Skill Perks List: https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-all-perks-list/
All Skills List: https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-all-skills-list/

Start Here: The relationship of Attributes to Skills, to Skill Perks
Attributes: At the top are 5 general Attributes (general abilities): Body, Reflexes, Technical, Cool, and Intelligence. For example the Body Attribute is enhancement of the body, physicality, Reflexes improves reflexes, etc.
Note: At the beginning of the game you have points assigned to all Attributes, allowing you to use basically any type of weapon.
Skills: Each Attribute has associated Skills for example Reflexes has 3 associated skills: Handguns, Blades, Assault (Rifles, SMGs) These skills have levels that are acquired through experience for example Handguns has 20 levels. As you use a Handgun or a blade, you gain experience with these weapons and they level. However, note that these perks are capped by the Attribute Level. So if Reflexes are at Attribute level 10, Handgun skills will be capped at 10.
• Each skill through use, gains experience acquiring Skill Perk Points that can be assigned to any unlocked skill perk under any attribute. So for example as you use a skill: handguns, you get better with handguns and Skill Perk Points are earned for using a gun, but can be assigned to any unlocked Skill Perk under any Attribute group. For this example, it would not have to be perk points that could only be assigned to handguns. They can be assigned to any unlocked skill in any attribute group.
• Skill Perks are very specific abilities. For example under Handguns, (a Reflexes sub skill) there are 20 Hand Gun Perks. The availability of specific perks are restricted by Attribute Level. If Reflexes are at 10 Attribute points, only the Handguns perks levels 10 are and below are unlocked and can have perk points assigned to them. One such Handgun perk is Wild West which removes the damage penalty from Pistols and Revolvers when shooting from a distance, making them as deadly as rifles. The number of skill points that can be assigned to a skill varies from 1-3 Skill Points depending on the specific Perk.

Most Attributes are easy to explain. Cool is more of a mystery.

What is Cool and it's associated skill, Cold Blood?
Cool
is a Stat in Cyberpunk 2077. Each stat affects different capabilities, such as skills or Perks, and has a level cap of 20. Cool determine your ability to how will the character stands up to stress, fear, pressure, physical pain, and/or torture. In determining your willingness to fight on despite wounds or your fighting ability under fire.

Cool determines your resilience, composure, and effectiveness in operating from stealth. Each level of Cool will:
  • Increase Crit. Damage by 2%
  • Increase all Resistances by 1%.
  • Increase stealth damage by 10%.
  • Reduce the speed at which enemies detect you in stealth by 0.5%
  • Increase Monowire damage by 3.
COOL RELATED SKILLS
Cold Blood Description: Related Attribute: Cool https://cyberpunk2077.wiki.fextralife.com/Cold+Blood
This skill, one of two skills associated with Cool, can be leveled up by killing enemies with a bladed melee weapon's heavy attack (has a special kill animation). The Cold Blood skill focuses on improving V's basic stats and defenses such as Armor, HP, and Stamina.

Skills (4:40m)
  • Skills are associated with specific attributes and are leveled with experience. Using skills, example guns, or blades, results in skill progression rewards, ie skill perks, that are applied to a skill raising the ability of that skill . They are capped by the level of the associated Attribute (ex: Body, Reflexes).
  • For Reflexes there are 3 associated categories Categories: Assault, Guns, Blades.
  • Skills can’t be bought, only raised by using the skill.
  • To raise handgun skill, you must use handguns in combat.
  • The attribute level sets a cap on the associated skills. Example: Cool (Attribute) 5= max of 5 in Stealth (Skill) and Cold Blood (Skill).
  • 9:14 Craft whenever you can. Apply a point to Reflexes to be more effective with a Sniper Rifle? Use a variety of weapons to level those skills so even though I like katanas, I want to be good with a sniper rifle and a pistol.
  • 9:21. Note: A lower skill with a gun does not mean less damage, it’s beens more recoil, slower reloading and less bonuses.
  • 9:55 Note: Silencer on pistol increases your damage when undetected.
Body Attributes
  • Increases Health and Stamina, and damage with fists and gorilla arms.
  • Passive Increase melee weapon damage although bladed melee weapons and perks fall under reflexes.
  • Decreases movement speed penalty when grabbing enemy or wielding heavy machine gun.
  • Increases grapple duration.
  • Allows opening doors with brute force.
  • Body required to wield certain heavy weapons- shotguns, machine guns and borg pistols.
  • Allows you to go beserk.
  • Rarely benefits dialog options.
Body Skills
  • Athletics- physical prowess, tankyness, stamina.
  • Annihilation- shotguns, machine guns.
  • Street Brawler- Blunt weapons, fists, gorilla arms.
  • Note: Bats and Hammers are non-lethal, but good for debilitating.
  • Note: Blades is found under Reflexes.
  • Note: There are non-lethal in game mods for weapons?
Reflex Attributes
  • Increases evasion, crit chance, and something about damage?
  • Used in dialog checks to represent perceptive abilities.
  • Some weapons require high reflexes, some bladed weapons, pistols, rifles, and cyberware that slows time.
Reflex Skills
  • Handguns- Pistols, Revolvers.
  • Blades- Bladed Weapons, Mantis Blades, and Bleed Effects.
  • Assault- Rifles, SMGs.
Technical Attributes
  • Passively increases armor.
  • Fix things, unlock doors, and hot wire cars.
  • Comes up as dialog check often.
Technical Skills
  • Crafting- Creating and Disassembling items.
  • Engineering- Tech weapons, grenades and upgrading Projectile Launch System.

Cool Attributes
  • Increase crit and stealth damage, resistances, monowire damage, increases stealth. (3m)
  • Comes up as dialog checks.

Cool Skills
  • Stealth- Stealthiness, Knives, Poison.
  • Cold Blood- Invest in this. At first increases movement speed, more potent effects obtained as skill level is raised.
  • Put least 1 point in Cold Blood (9:00)
Intelligence Attributes
  • Netrunning ability.
  • If you don’t plan on hacking, not really needed.
  • Increases fast hack speed, ram capacity, duration of quick hacks.
Intelligence Skills
  • Breach Protocol- Manually breaching into targets.
  • Quickhacking- Combat oriented hacking. Hacking at a distance using deamons and RAM. Ram functions as mana in a fantasy game. You can make targets do things against their will like shoot themselves in the head.

Builds
Tanking Build

• Invest in Body and Reflexes.
  • Tech for armor.
  • Cool to increase resistence, armor, damage output while Cold Blood is active.
Generalist Build
  • You could invest in all attributes equally and be suited to all situations, but with less specific abilities.
  • Get tons of skill progression rewards.

Specific Perks that the author likes and mentions. There are many more than these, see the All Skill Perks List: https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-all-perks-list/

• Athletics: Regeneration- Get without any Attribute investment?
  • Anniliation: Popping Off & Blood Bath.
  • For Snipers: Assault: Longshot- Increased damage from Rifles and SMGs
  • Assault: Executioner- Extra damage to enemies above half health.
  • B]Reflex: Handguns: Wild West-[/B] Removes distance penalty from handguns.
  • Add Silencer in combo with Wild West for Handgun to be effective sniper weapon. Don’t need to distract enemies as much when sneaking.
  • Reflex: Blades: Offensive Defense- 200% increase in defensive blade usage per point. Do 2 points or more. Largest damage increase perk on chart.
  • B]Reflex: Blades: Dragon Strike-[/B] Continued investment here increase crit damage, increasing DPS.[/SIZE]
  • Technical:Crafting: Mechanic- More items when disassembling items. Most important at the beginning of the game for an exponential effect.
  • Technical:Crafting: True Craftsman- Craft rare items. Grease Monkey- Craft Epic items. Does this need points in Engineering? Confusing in video.
  • [SB]Technical:Engineering: Jackpot-[/B] Increases crit damage of grenades.
  • Technical:Engineering: Gun Whisperer- Lets you hold a tech gun at full charge without firing automatically.
  • Technical:Engineering: Revamp- Increases Damage of Tech Weapons by 25% (chargeble weapons) and Projectile Launcher (a rocket launcher in your hand).
  • B]Cool: Stealth- Dagger Dealer-[/B] Lets you throw knives. Very effective when not detected.
  • Cool: Stealth: Ninjitsu- Stealth attacks from crouch with melee weapons deals 100% increase in damage plus a guaranteed crit. If results in a kill you remain in stealth.
  • Cool: Stealth: Cheat Death- When health below 50% reduces incoming damage by 50% for 10 sec, no more than once per minute.
  • Cool: Cold Blood: Cold Blood- Defeat enemy gives you cold blood for 10 sec and increaes movement speed by 2%, stacks 3 times. Plus 10% crit chance and plus 3% armor.
  • To become killing machine all in with the Cold Blood tree.
  • Intelligence: Breach Protocol: Big Sleep- Disables all cameras in the network for 3 min.
  • Intelligence: Breach Protocol: Turret Tamer- Turn all turrets to friendly status for 3 min.
  • Intelligence: Quick Hacking: Critical Error- Deal Critical Hits via QuickHack.
  • Intelligence: Quick Hacking: Bartmoss Legacy- Unlock legendary quick hacks.
  • Tabula E-Rasa- Can reset Perk Points for $100k, but Attributes can’t be changed.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
So far I’ve got 6 Street Credibility and have upgraded myself a bit and what I’ve discovered playing on Standard is that for quick wet work that nothing beats my katana. I’m not impressed with my auto pistol, too many bullets required at this point, i’ve got a head shot multiplyer perk applied, so when I hit them in the head, that works well, maybe after I am more upgraded. Yesterday I used a shotgun for the first time and up close it’s pretty damned effective, many less shells required than the pistol.

Of note both The Gunslinger build and Samaurai build depend on Reflexes and Cool, for Samurai, you also need Body for melee. Some of those favorite perks from the previous post require higher levels of Tech. I’ve been crafting and discovered I need something like 14 points in Tech for Grease Monkey to craft better stuff and wonder if that investment which seems like a lot is worth it, or just rely on finding good weapons out in the world?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I need something like 14 points in Tech for Grease Monkey to craft better stuff and wonder if that investment which seems like a lot is worth it, or just rely on finding good weapons out in the world?
I was debating this with myself just yesterday. Upping your tech level helps with your armor as well, but at this early stage of my game play, I'll be dumping points in Reflexes, and maybe cool, then strength if I feel I need to help my carry strength and health. I was looking at modding my existing weapons, and I think I don't have the skills/tech level to do that. So I'm just living with what I find and not worrying about crafting just yet.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I was debating this with myself just yesterday. Upping your tech level helps with your armor as well, but at this early stage of my game play, I'll be dumping points in Reflexes, and maybe cool, then strength if I feel I need to help my carry strength and health. I was looking at modding my existing weapons, and I think I don't have the skills/tech level to do that. So I'm just living with what I find and not worrying about crafting just yet.
First do the other one, True Craftsman (I think that’s the name) that only requires Tech 5 and allows you to mod at a lower level. I was thinking crafting was good for perk points .

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I picked up the Satori katana, its at the end of the first major quest in act 1. I'm not giving away any spoilers, but its a nice weapon and its off the beaten path ,so to speak while doing that main quest. I've seen YT stating that you can upgrade/mod/craft this up to a legendary status. I'm not sure how, but that will come in time I suppose

1608309117182.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.