Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
It's important to THANK the EU and Epic for contesting Apple's ******** practices and exerting pressure to make this happen, among other things.

Just proves pressure on a company is beneficial for the consumer.

This right here ^^

It's spectacularly important for regulation to hold mega corporations to account, and all of this great stuff happening right now is due to Epic & EU pressure

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Fantastic to see Delta on the official app store. This is the kind of thing emulator fans have been wanting to see for a long, long time, and hopefully it'll open the door for emulators of all sorts of platforms.

• Love
Reactions: Vastolorde97

Dopestdude2

Suspended
Apr 19, 2022
Delta has been a thing for years. Nintendo never sent a C&D in that time. He’s also not charging for it, so that probably helps.
I’m not gonna pretend to know anything about the coding on these apps but whatever he’s done to make Nintendo leave him alone i wish gets out to all emulator devs.

aloysiusfreeman

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2022
Downloaded and tried out uploading N64 roms. Too busy to play but so far it works and looks very promising. As someone above has said, files will need to be .zip files and the app will automatically find it under Files.

Edit: for kicks tried out screen mirroring the app on the Apple TV at my work. Works great!

Last edited:

phenste

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2012
quite an awesome day for anyone who’s been around since GBA4iOS originally became a thing.

Algus

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2014
Arizona
Excellent. I've used Delta and AltStore before but it's such a pain to remember to keep it constantly synced that I just ended up not fighting Apple.

Delta in particular has some great touch screen controls. Not all action games are easy to play like that but it's more than adequate for my taste in old school RPGs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.