Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samplasion

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2022
Wait, Delta would’ve never come to the App Store regardless? It was still in my App Store when I downloaded it yesterday. Is it never already?

My main issue is with developers that complained about the lack of choice and options in the App Store now paying forward a lack of choice and options to those customers that would like to get their software, even when it is obvious that Apple isn’t the one preventing them from being in the App Store. Sure it might be easier for the developer, but it isn’t easier for the customer, but this was never actually about the customer, and it was annoying listening to some present it like it was.
I guess what I'm saying is that it feels kind of hypocritical to complain about Delta not coming to the App Store (in the EU, at least) when you didn't complain when flappy Bird was taken out of App Store. I mean, it should be the same thing from your point of view if an app never comes to the App Store because it isn't allowed by Apple versus whether it comes to third party app stores and not Apple's official one

bgillander

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2007
I guess what I'm saying is that it feels kind of hypocritical to complain about Delta not coming to the App Store (in the EU, at least) when you didn't complain when flappy Bird was taken out of App Store. I mean, it should be the same thing from your point of view if an app never comes to the App Store because it isn't allowed by Apple versus whether it comes to third party app stores and not Apple's official one
Sure, just as it is hypocritical to complain that Apple won’t let you do something that they obviously will. Or for Epic to complain about Apple having the exclusive store when Epic love to sign exclusive deals so they are the only provider of as many titles as they can get. Hypocrisy is pretty much the human condition, maybe even more than usual these days, so it is funny to be seeing the stones cast here.

I wasn’t looking forward to the randomness that this wonderful new freedom will bring, having already lived through the early days of home computers, but humans tend to repeat cycles every couple of generations after enough time and people have passed to forget the issues, so it is predictable. Not a huge deal in the big picture, though, compared to the other history we repeat.

Baron Thompson

macrumors member
May 8, 2020
It’d be nice if they had one for the Apple tv. Much better on the bigger screen and the games on there right are never really added to.

I like Huntdown, Space Marshall’s, Alto and Inside. Not much else really.

Daytona 360

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2010
If you want to save the IPA in case Apple decides to remove it from the AppStore in the future, IPATool works perfectly. I was able to purchase and download Delta with ipatool, and then install it on my phone with Apple Configurator 2

kc9hzn

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2020
I bought an Android handheld for emulating a little over a year ago (the Ayn Odin), and I think I’ll stick with it. Honestly, I don’t play a lot of games on my phone and haven’t in a while (part of my effort at reducing time spent using screens, I suppose). And using a dedicated device means that I have a device with physical controls. While I do have a Switch Pro Controller lying around, it would be one more thing to carry around with me, I reckon. Instead, I can bring the Odin on trips and use it when I want to emulate. (Additionally, emulators like Dolphin already run on it fairly well - depends on the game, really.) But for people who want to emulate on their iPhones, I guess this is great news.

(Well, I suppose I could see myself maybe having some of the Harvest Moon games on my phone. They generally don’t need the sorts of precision inputs that a lot of games do, and they’re the sort I could keep on playing as long as I’ve got a goal to pursue in game. But do I really need to be able to play them wherever? Not really, that’s another part of the reason why I bought a dedicated device, I reckon.)

double3

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2024
I'm brand new to this app and to using an emulator on my iPhone. And I'm excited to play some old games! But ... can someone please help me understand where to find the ROMs? I'm sure there are a lot of places, but I assume the ROM has to be a special kind to work inside the Delta app on the iPhone. ???

psj2710

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2014
Why can’t we post rom sites?
Why can’t you simply use google ?

Most legit forums will never post rom sites or film sites due to copyright infringement. Essentially you’re getting the games for free

Yes they’re 30 years old or you can’t buy them anyway but it’s a huge grey area

I wish Nintendo would release an app with gameboy games to buy and play but they won’t on iOS. So I have to use an emulator

But again they’re so easy to find

MacFarmer

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2022
what the #@$$%? why it is not available in EU store? Consumer choice my arse! I would have got it, but no, I will not use some crap, unverified outside store. Boooooooooooooo. Btw, have you seen their install instructions? :D lol good luck with that

Lihp8270

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2016
I'm brand new to this app and to using an emulator on my iPhone. And I'm excited to play some old games! But ... can someone please help me understand where to find the ROMs? I'm sure there are a lot of places, but I assume the ROM has to be a special kind to work inside the Delta app on the iPhone. ???
Dump the Rom from your own cartridges.

Reactions: Victor Mortimer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.