Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
I used to like this guy but in this case he’s really dropping the ball.

- first he installed the first beta on his main daily driver phone. Anyone know it’s safer to install on a secondary device like an iPad for st least a month to see how is going.
- he says he accidentally overwriting his iOS 11 back up with iOS 12 one. Everyone knows that before installing any beta, archive your back up to be sure it won’t be overwhritted and being able to restore at anytime without losing anything.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I'll always give this guy credit for his extensive explanations of changes in each release and I feel like this is more of a warning for the casual user than it is for your average MacRumors forum member. Also, I don't care to watch the video at the moment but based on his history I'd be surprised if he didn't mention that this build is for developers only.

Reactions: mikeydeezy

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
I'll always give this guy credit for his extensive explanations of changes in each release and I feel like this is more of a warning for the casual user than it is for your average MacRumors forum member. Also, I don't care to watch the video at the moment but based on his history I'd be surprised if he didn't mention that this build is for developers only.

His video starts that way but quickly regresses into a childish immature rant about how nothing works on his daily driver and that, because he screwed up his backup by overlaying it with one from iOS 12, that he's now stuck with it unless he does a full factory reset and starts from scratch.

That's the biggest issue I have with him.

Reactions: SoYoung

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
His video starts that way but quickly regresses into a childish immature rant about how nothing works on his daily driver and that, because he screwed up his backup by overlaying it with one from iOS 12, that he's now stuck with it unless he does a full factory reset and starts from scratch.

That's the biggest issue I have with him.
Yeah, I took the time to watch it and I see what you mean. He definitely went a little far with the app crashing issue. I don't recall him outlining any steps he took to rectify the problem and this is the first time I've heard of it even after reading through the Beta 1 thread daily. I, for one, haven't had a single app crash since updating.

Reactions: Freakonomics101

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So all the other things aside, are people encountering issues with apps that were working fine initially and then started to malfunction after some time for no reason essentially?

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
He's nothing more than a clickbate guy. Apple never sends this guy any of their devices for review which to me indicates that they are not feeling him or his videos.
Despite him owning a million iOS devices and loving everything apple does.

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
So all the other things aside, are people encountering issues with apps that were working fine initially and then started to malfunction after some time for no reason essentially?
In my experience...

48EEB07B-7B90-4A54-9761-2FE3995CCCE0.jpeg

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
This is out of character for everythingapplepro. His videos are usually really positive in regards to Apple and even giddy about Apple releases. I don’t think he needs clickbait videos at this point he has close to 6 million subscribers

axari

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
I really like EverythingApplePro, it has very informative videos, but this video is really disappointing and I am confused, that is so weird to think about. After all, this is a beta just for developers.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Basically no-one should install a developer beta because this guy is a misinformed d*ck

OK, cool story.

I really like EverythingApplePro, it has very informative videos, but this video is really disappointing and I am confused, that is so weird to think about. After all, this is a beta just for developers.

Another moron with a YouTube account who doesn't have the first clue as to why Apple release these developer betas...:rolleyes:

He's got over 5.6 million subscribers and has been doing videos for 9 years.

He's very aware of the risks of running a developer beta.

He's also very aware that his audience has a higher tendency to install betas on their devices so he passes along his experiences. Sure, he'll do it sometimes with click-bait-y titles, but do not for one second think that he's clueless about what it means to put a dev beta on his device. These are carefully calculated videos he makes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.