Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
I'm still on iOS 6. :)

Although, I just found out that Pages on Mavericks requires iOS 7 Pages to work properly so I'm slowly being forced to update.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Me too. It's an absolutely wonderful OS and is Apple's best design yet.

People only complain for complaining's sake.

Not so.

IOS 7 is largely IOS 6 in functionality.

Some changes are irritating like having to swipe right to left on email entries to bring up the quick trash (use to be left to right). PIA to when you are used to the other way for 6 versions of the OS. Why was it changed? Sloppy development.

The IOS7 look is ugly. It is. What guy is into pastels? I just fail to see how this new look is better. I don't feel any more productive.

The OS has loads of bugs which diminish productivity and are the real source of dissatisfaction. Apple is moving slowly to fix, as they always do. For example, why no acknowledgement of the Safari issues. Why no fix. Its been pretty well established that there is an issue. Yet, nothing out of Apple.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give Apple a 2 for this release. I hope, but doubt, 7.1 will fix much. IOS 8 will be the OS Apple intended to release.

If they really want to know how well received IOS7 is…all users to downgrade to 6…then we'll see how popular it is...

----------

Yes, I love the look. Entirely better than the previous gen, in my opinion. iOS 6 was outdated and kitschy. iOS 7 is clean and much less distracting. Attractive and modern, but puts the emphasis on function. iOS 6 felt like party lights in the Louvre. iOS 7 is much more appropriate.

Let distracting?

You must be color blind…as its far from that!

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
I would give it a 7 out of 10 (no pun intended). I did not "dislike" iOS6 and now that I have had iOS 7 for a while I like it maybe a little more than iOS 6. There really are some bugs that need to be fixed, mostly (for me) the music player and some function elements need to be added, fixed or changed ie: the folder should display more apps per screen, the calendar still needs work, the NC needs a better “today” layout and we should have more control over the animations.

sethlution

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2011
I love it, and for those who say guys don't like it, all the guys I know love it as well. While I agree that the white theme is a bit blinding at night, overall it's much better than the stale, 6 years old iOS 6.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
I love it, and for those who say guys don't like it, all the guys I know love it as well. While I agree that the white theme is a bit blinding at night, overall it's much better than the stale, 6 years old iOS 6.

Yes I agree. I was getting sick of ios6.

I do wish the calendar had more distinctive months. There's really no separation marker that, with a glance, tells you that you are looking at a different month when you scroll up or down into the next.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I like it. I am one of those who upgraded to 7.0 the day after release and found an app didn't work right so I downgraded back to 6.1.3 on my Mini and 4S until that app was updated to work correctly. Once it was updated, I upgraded back to 7.0 on the Mini and then bought a 5S.

I see no problems with the OS at all.

Alphabetize

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
I absolutely love the look of iOS 7 on both the iPad and iPhone. I think that the OS looks better on white devices though. I sort of wish there was a dark theme, I have my brightness turned all the way down and sometimes I still think it's too bright. I have the Invert Colors accessibility option enabled for that.

hallidc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2013
When I first upgraded to iOS I felt the upgrade was disappointing (the colour scheme felt like I was in pixie land). After months of using it (I was running the OS since beta) I gradually got used to it and grew into it.

Overall I don't completely "hate" iOS 7, however I feel it needs a little improvement on customization etc.

cashville2400

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2011
I don't love it but I think it is fine. It is kind of nice to have a little change. I was getting really bored with iOS 6.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Me too. It's an absolutely wonderful OS and is Apple's best design yet.

People only complain for complaining's sake.
Just like those who love it only love it simply because it's different and perhaps they think it's somehow "cool", not because it's actually better or even good. :rolleyes:

pasqualino

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2013
Let me state that I prefer iOS over all other tablet OS choices. BUT I HATE THE STARK WHITE DESIGN. Does anyone actually like the "minimalist" design of iOS 7??? Colorless, simplistic, cheap looking... Too bright!

i like the general direction, but it has to be done right. apps like reeder, tweetbot, fantastical, facebook messenger have all implemented the design well. apple's stock apps are simply disastrous, but they are heading in the right direction, i think.

what i like about ios 7 is that it's not flat. there is very much a sense of hierarchy as opposed to windows phone where you're just panning through different views (in many cases).

JoeRito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
New England, USA
Yes I love it, however I would prefer to have a black / dark theme. Having it as an option would be killer.

I personally think it's coming based on two things:

1. When you activate search (by swiping down on homescreen) notice the beautiful / darker keyboard?

That's my one gripe with iOS 7. I love everything else about it.

Now that's a compromise I could live with- an option for a darker interface with darker pop up keyboard.

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
Hands down light years better than 6, I think its gorgeous.

Using my MBP to send iMessages gives me anxiety. Its gross looking in comparison.

----------

Now that's a compromise I could live with- an option for a darker interface with darker pop up keyboard.

100%.

Sort of like how the Tweet bot guys or Alien Blue guys did it. This is my one and only gripe about the UI.

The darker popup keyboard is in 7.1 and honestly it looks horribly out of place with the lighter theme. Maybe foreshadowing?

pasqualino

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2013

Using my MBP to send iMessages gives me anxiety. Its gross looking in comparison.

----------

100%.

Sort of like how the Tweet bot guys or Alien Blue guys did it. This is my one and only gripe about the UI.

The darker popup keyboard is in 7.1 and honestly it looks horribly out of place with the lighter theme. Maybe foreshadowing?

doubt it. but i do think they'll at least adjust the amount of white they're using.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado

----------

100%.

I've heard that darker or lighter keyboard is a user option in 7.1.

deluxeshredder

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
Let me state that I prefer iOS over all other tablet OS choices. BUT I HATE THE STARK WHITE DESIGN. Does anyone actually like the "minimalist" design of iOS 7??? Colorless, simplistic, cheap looking... Too bright!
Every single user I know hates iOS 7, and I have yet to see a single (!) article that has any good points in defence of the new UI.

iOS 6 to iOS 7 is like Pixar classics to Cartoon Network.
iOS 6 to iOS 7 is like Nobu to Starbucks.
iOS 6 to iOS 7 is like Beethoven to K-pop.

iOS 6 is a somewhat dated but very unique and high-end product that was thrown out for the sake of fashion.

Last edited:

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
I've grown to love it after hating it the first time I saw it. I do wish that devopers would make their icons more consistent with iOS 7's aesthetic.

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
I've heard that darker or lighter keyboard is a user option in 7.1.

It is, it looks really out of place too.

On a dark theme it would be great looking though.

----------

I've grown to love it after hating it the first time I saw it. I do wish that devopers would make their icons more consistent with iOS 7's aesthetic.

Amen. The old bubbly iOS 6 icons on a screen with updated ones look horrible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.