Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I’ll ever get it.
Yeah, the odds are sadly against you.

I'd love to get one but I've moved on personally. I held off on ordering and given the woes, I have to say I was rather fortunate to in fact hold off.

Ethosik

Contributor
Oct 21, 2009
They released another update. They still say "Things will improve" but people are still reporting not even the first 10 have shipped yet. I really wish I never backed this as I cannot get a refund, it was literally equivalent of lighting my money on fire.

GoldfishRT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2014
Somewhere
I was thinking this might be a neat case to upgrade to a full-size desktop with (I desire some video capture gear that would be cheaper/easier as a PCI-E add in versus a USB-C device) but, I found the same. Linus Tech Tips even amended their video and pinned a comment about the situation.

Unfortunate because it is a very attractive product.

dkamuk

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2022
Case has shipped!
That's a fake account created in December most likely by them to keep the fad going.
Ive monitored this project from 2019 and early 2020 I knew beyond a doubt its a scam. They were about to ship units just before corona hit and suddenly whole shipping turned into working on prototype. If that doesn't scream scam I don't know what is. I was amazed though how people can be guillable - fed with countless BS excuses that didn't make sense and exposed one thing - they tell lies after lies. I guess hope always dies last. Btw I'm impressed how they managed to get people to double down and pay 350 for expedited shipping that will never happen. Exploiting textbook human behaviour.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
People shouldn’t buy products that rip off others hard work. How can you trust a seller who does this? Apparently not.
Apple has been guilty of this in the past, here's but one link. I had other items in my mind but a quick google came up with this:
16 major iOS 14 features Apple 'borrowed' from Android and Google

Every company does this, so I'm not being anti-apple.

As for this case, when it came out, I was really excited to build something in this design, but at this point I find that there are so many better PC cases that offer a beautiful design and build quality. I could be wrong, but there's no filters in this case, so if you use any fans to pull air in will also pull dust in.

Still, if I found this case on ebay, I would be sourly tempted to buy it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: LeeW

Ethosik

Contributor
Oct 21, 2009
Backed this in November 2019. Have not received it yet. Been trying between credit card and from indie go go for a refund. No luck. There needs to be better policies in place to prevent this stuff from happening.

richinaus

macrumors 68020
Oct 26, 2014
Apple has been guilty of this in the past, here's but one link. I had other items in my mind but a quick google came up with this:
16 major iOS 14 features Apple 'borrowed' from Android and Google

Every company does this, so I'm not being anti-apple.

As for this case, when it came out, I was really excited to build something in this design, but at this point I find that there are so many better PC cases that offer a beautiful design and build quality. I could be wrong, but there's no filters in this case, so if you use any fans to pull air in will also pull dust in.

Still, if I found this case on ebay, I would be sourly tempted to buy it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You obviously aren’t a designer.

Ethosik

Contributor
Oct 21, 2009
Better policy is never buy on crowdfunding sites- majority are scams
The best game I have played recently (physical game not video game) is Exploding Kittens. Also, I have an amazing iPad kickstand for drawing. Both were on crowdfunding sites.

DarthVader!

Cancelled
Oct 3, 2013
Mustafar
Is this thing still not in customer hands after all this time?!

The last update they appeared to provide was nearly 5 months ago, I'd say this is more scam then anything.
1651316074278.png

I saw something a while ago about a group of backers getting ready to file a class action lawsuit, not sure if they did or not.

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
They will probably use the pandemic and China problems as an excuse to further delay.....?

siddhartha

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2008
Northern Virgina
You mean-they DID use the pandemic and China problems as an excuse to further delay. I am in for a Pro case, likely will never see it. I think they took the $ and ran. Fool me once....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.