Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
Trump is a genius who is also the second most voted president in history (right behind the best of them all, President Biden).

The two best presidents of our lifetime right here!

Even Elon switched parties, it’s OKAY to be independent.

I have millions of brain cells, and so do you.

LMAO THIS IS THE COMEDY I NEED AT 6PM AFTER WORK

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
There are two sides of the right. Establishment republicans (bush area republicans) who love war, and MAGA republicans who hate it. And hate overspending overseas.

And then, you have establishment democrats who either love war or love to launder taxpayer money away for a ‘war’.

THIS IS COMEDY THIS IS SATIRE I HAHAHA I CANT

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021

Don't mess with Italian grandmas. They were mafia before mafia was mafia.

c156252f3cc011d2c01ed300b571e134--vintage-italy-foto-vintage.jpg

upset-senior-woman-wooden-spoon-28057863.jpg

360_F_38066020_cRQYkn8qJuS4ID2WvNfabGIjj5ayDY7g.jpg

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
I think anyone calling for violence and war should be censored and put in prison. Make Americans work together to achieve common goals instead of fighting amongst themselves.

What if the common goal for a chunk of people was something that looked like a 14th century theocracy with unelected land barons and their militias ruling everyone?

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
There are two sides of the right. Establishment republicans (bush area republicans) who love war, and MAGA republicans who hate it. And hate overspending overseas.
I don't quite agree, I've not seen anything from the MAGA's that hate war unless you are talking about Ukraine, and that's more from their siding with Putin in thinking it is okay for Russia to invade. So pro war still and they still get to make lots of money selling arms to Ukraine! The only difference is they are not on the U.S.'s side.

And then, you have establishment democrats who either love war or love to launder taxpayer money away for a ‘war’.
Wars end under democrat presidents, but yeah, they like to make money too. That's one of the reasons I'm neither a democrat or republican these days. (just an independent that does swing more democrat these days given their stated goals. I refused to vote for any republicans this last midterm, though I have probably voted for more republicans in my life than democrats.)

But you really can’t approve these things without being a uniparty. Which is why I keep pointing out that both sides are corrupt. The establishment on both sides needs to go
I disagree, there's only one side trying to throw out our government and making us a dictatorship, and it's the right. And it's more than just the MAGA's, it's also the Bush era conservatives, in their support of the MAGA. Especially McConnell and *his* supreme court. Get rid of that threat and then I'll be glad to throw out the democrats afterward.

• Love
Reactions: chillvisio

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
I don't quite agree, I've not seen anything from the MAGA's that hate war unless you are talking about Ukraine, and that's more from their siding with Putin in thinking it is okay for Russia to invade. So pro war still and they still get to make lots of money selling arms to Ukraine! The only difference is they are not on the U.S.'s side.
What do you mean you didn’t see any? Were you even looking?
Wars end under democrat presidents, but yeah, they like to make money too. That's one of the reasons I'm neither a democrat or republican these days. (just an independent that does swing more democrat these days given their stated goals. I refused to vote for any republicans this last midterm, though I have probably voted for more republicans in my life than democrats.)
Thanks for writing this, it’s cool to know there is other independents around.
I disagree, there's only one side trying to throw out our government and making us a dictatorship, and it's the right. And it's more than just the MAGA's, it's also the Bush era conservatives, in their support of the MAGA. Especially McConnell and *his* supreme court. Get rid of that threat and then I'll be glad to throw out the democrats afterward.
Bush era /establishment conservatives don’t support trump. Just look at Bush, Rubio, Hogan, Romney, McConnell, even Ted Cruz. Those are all people I do not support. And there is a consensus on MAGA forums that these people SUCK

What you have was a mass exodus of democrats, like me, who were burned (me during 2015 when I saw what happened to Bernie Sanders) and went ‘Republican’ (if you can call it that) with Trump. But really, many of us are independent or politically homeless.

djstile

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
So Musk is saying that Apple is advertising on Twitter but not paying the invoice?

If that's true, Twitter only has to go through the legal procedure to collect the money through the legal system.
No, he's saying that Apple is (mostly) no longer utilizing the paid advertising feature on Twitter (and therefore obviously wouldn't need to pay for it). This is right in the headline of the article.

djstile

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Nothing of this is new. Apple tries to follow the laws in each country they operate. You can find hundreds of other examples also if you had been following Apple news.
So "Apple was following orders" is acceptable to you? Don't you think if Apple is committed to human rights and freedom of expression that they should either refuse morally unacceptable orders or not do business in that country? What if a dictator passed a "law" where Apple was required to supply the geo-location of dissidents so that dictator would then sent a kill squad to eliminate that dissident. Is that acceptable simply because that's the law?

They also banned all betting apps in Norway a few years ago and no ones cares about that.

Clearly this has nothing to do with the human rights violations Apple is a party to in countries like China and Iran. Gambling is not a human right.

djstile

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Yes, Apple tries to follow the laws in each country.

Do you think Apple should violate laws they disagree with?

Absolutely. Any company that professes they care about human rights has a moral obligation to resist or refuse any laws that violate human rights. If they cannot, they should not do business in that country.

If not, they should just focus on making and selling products and software and not be hypocritical about their views. If a company is only supporting a cause by performing simple measures they are being the literal definition of slacktivists per the U.N. Not being a party to human rights violations in China is hard.

Fighting Elon Musk because he's the wrong political party and supports the concept of free speech on his platform is easy.

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
What do you mean you didn’t see any? Were you even looking?
Most of what Trump says is a lie that serves his purposes, and not evidence of MAGA's hating war.

Thanks for writing this, it’s cool to know there is other independents around.
I think there's more and more independents...

Bush era /establishment conservatives don’t support trump.
Yeah they do, in every way. Just look at what the senate did with the 2 impeachments of Trump. They wouldn't even take up the case to convict and did everything they could to block it. (and those impeachments articles were valid) And that's just one example -- there are plenty more mundane ways they supported Trump. That may be changing now, and I very much hope it is, but they're all still scum to me until they actually try working for the U.S. again.

And there is a consensus on MAGA forums that these people SUCK
At least we agree on one thing. :)

What you have was a mass exodus of democrats, like me, who were burned (me during 2015 when I saw what happened to Bernie Sanders) and went ‘Republican’ (if you can call it that) with Trump. But really, many of us are independent or politically homeless.
I went the other way, I was republican before switching to independent, but that was a long time ago when they started the massive tax cuts for the rich and "trickle down" theory. I still voted republican until after Bush the II.

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
Question, I would like to personally attack someone here on Macrumors but they won't let me. Are they infringing on my right to free speech? If so, as a private company, what can I do about it?

Yes; feel free to personally attack me by DM. I won’t complain.

djstile

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
How can so many miss the irony that Musk wants to limit the free speech of Apple and others to do business and support causes they choose to. Berating and bullying because of the loss of cash nothing more. Freedom for me but not for thee is popular in the world Musk and like minded people swim in.

Source on Elon Musk limiting the free speech of Apple on Twitter?

vipergts2207

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2009
Columbus, OH
So "Apple was following orders" is acceptable to you? Don't you think if Apple is committed to human rights and freedom of expression that they should either refuse morally unacceptable orders or not do business in that country? What if a dictator passed a "law" where Apple was required to supply the geo-location of dissidents so that dictator would then sent a kill squad to eliminate that dissident. Is that acceptable simply because that's the law?

Clearly this has nothing to do with the human rights violations Apple is a party to in countries like China and Iran. Gambling is not a human right.
You know, you made this same comment to me yesterday, but apparently didn't have a rebuttal to my response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.