Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
Seriously though. If you want mentorship, who better than the person who raised a large company into the worlds richest. If for no other reason to get advice on how to steady the ship.

If Elon tones down his rhetoric, resets Twitter to be what it can be, then the $’s will come.

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
Did anyone from Apple confirm this actual meeting? If not, this headline is misleading.

Soccertess

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
I see there is a huge anti musk following on here. For people who are worried that Musk will spread misinformation, weird how those people have no problem spreading misinformation about him! Why isn't MAC RUMOURS do anything, cry cry and whine!!!

Honestly, I'll hate Musk when he gives me a reason. Right now the only person I hate is Tim Cook and is love of Dongles. His Cook's obsession with Dongles has definitely caused me more headaches than Musk!

Reactions: MacNeb
Seriously though. If you want mentorship, who better than the person who raised a large company into the worlds richest. If for no other reason to get advice on how to steady the ship.

If Elon tones down his rhetoric, resets Twitter to be what it can be, then the $’s will come.
Agree with you but I don't think Elon is going to slow down. Elon loves the attention and loves being in the media. Elon looks at Tim Cook as his competitor. That's his competition.

Leon Ze Professional

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2021
Pretty sure they talked about the Twitter App Store dispute. Apple is not going to back down. They don't need Twitter.
Twitter needs Apple.

Sometimes I wonder what would Elon Musk would do if Tim Cook makes Elon Musk a CEO for Apple for one day.
The answer lies in his first day at Twitter as CEO. Sack everything that moves and walk into Apple Park with a kitchen sink.

Even Tim would be made redundant in one day. No wonder why Tim used the F-word way back in 2016. Cause Tim worked that out a long time ago.

grjj

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2014
Could you imagine how much time the lawyers and Cook spent making sure that Musk understands that nothing spoken about during the meeting gets leaked to the media so Musk's childish brain can understand that?

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
Agree with you but I don't think Elon is going to slow down. Elon loves the attention and loves being in the media.
It’s true.

Hopefully a few words, or at least "don’t burn the place down" might stick. As someone said. Twitter needs Apple more than Apple needs Twitter.

I really want to know, did Elon reach out to Tim, or Tim summon Elon.

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
Tim Cook lets Elon Musk knows who is the boss around these parts

Attachments

• the-godfather_bonasera_the-don.jpg
    the-godfather_bonasera_the-don.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 39

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
He hasn't done s***. Advertisers stopped their campaigns because activist groups threatened them. Nothing actually has changed there
Elon tweeted

Musk tweeted on Tuesday that “a large coalition of political/social activist groups agreed not to try to kill Twitter by starving us of advertising revenue if I agreed to this condition. They broke the deal.”

It doesn’t make it true. The heads of those activist groups emphatically deny it.

As someone said. Twitter needs Apple more than Apple needs Twitter.

I really want to know, did Elon reach out to Tim, or Tim summon Elon.
I said that. See post below, please.

It seems like Elon Musk reached out to Tim Cook. He has been reaching out to all the execs who have stopped advertising on Twitter. Elon is losing money and the banks and investors are not happy. I'm sure Tim Cook was included in the memo.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.