Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

DeanL

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2014
London
Just experienced that iMessages with dual SIM uses the wrong number when sending messages. I sent from my work number but when checking afterwards it uses my private number, which is my default number. Then I tried with several others and it always uses my private number for iMessages even though all settings are correct and I choose my work number.
This one is really scarry since it’s not ordinary to dig into the menus afterwards and check if the correct number is used.
Using latest beta version.
I can confirm that bug.
I have to change the default iMessage line every time to avoid this.

File a bug report!

Last edited:

Mr$tone

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2017
I can confirm that bug.
I have to change the default iMessage line every time to avoid this.

File a bug report!
Thanks for taking your time trying it out. I have filed a report. Please also file a report. Otherwise it will take longer until Apple start working on a fix. Again, thank you.

Reactions: DeanL

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Those of you (us) having dual SIM issues, did you install 13 beta over 12.3.1 current released iOS, or a 12.4 beta?

I installed over 12.4 beta.

twynne

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
London, UK
No, before I saw only the eSIM line. The physical SIM didn't show, and couldn't be selected when placing a call. This all works as expected now.

Reactions: MrGimper

GeauxBears

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2016
Hey everyone!
You probably remember me from the original eSIM + Dual SIM Q&A of iOS 12.

There have been some new changes to eSIM in iOS 13, thus I am starting a new Q&A specific to the new eSIM features of iOS 13. If you discover new features, please add them to this Wiki!

New features
  • Dual-SIM simultaneous calls: you can now place calls on two different lines at the same call, and call waiting works for incoming calls on another line. For this to work, calls must be made/received while on VoLTE.
  • If you have data active on one line, and the other line doesn't have cellular service and the provider supports VoLTE, service will function using the active data on the other line. Essentially, it's like having Wi-Fi Calling, but it uses the data of one of the lines. Screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/7UBR7vE

Changes to existing features
  • iMessage and FaceTime now supports two phone numbers, and you can start and iMessage conversation or FaceTime call with either number.

Is there a way to force the bolded feature above? My primary carrier is VZW, but their coverage in my office is terrible. I have a dual SIM scenario with ATT as they have a DAS in the building, which gives full signal always. Would love to “force” VZW line to use ATT data for cellular/text/data functionality, because as of now it somehow senses when to enable it, which results in many missed/dropped calls.

DeanL

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2014
London
Is there a way to force the bolded feature above? My primary carrier is VZW, but their coverage in my office is terrible. I have a dual SIM scenario with ATT as they have a DAS in the building, which gives full signal always. Would love to “force” VZW line to use ATT data for cellular/text/data functionality, because as of now it somehow senses when to enable it, which results in many missed/dropped calls.

Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE needs to be enabled for both lines.
I also think that Mobile Data Switching in Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data needs to be enabled for both lines (tap on one line, then on the other one to be able to enable it for the other line) for it to work, but I haven't found a way of forcing it.
It should work in extreme low signal too, I've seen working under that condition

IMG_3372.png

GeauxBears

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2016
Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE needs to be enabled for both lines.
I also think that Mobile Data Switching in Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data needs to be enabled for both lines (tap on one line, then on the other one to be able to enable it for the other line) for it to work, but I haven't found a way of forcing it.
It should work in extreme low signal too, I've seen working under that condition

View attachment 849235

Yes - thanks. It works for me, but only when it feels like it. I would love it to be able to be “force” enabled so that when I’m in a environment with spotty signal on one SIM, I can leverage the strength of the other consistently. I sent Apple feedback.

Reactions: IslesFan and DeanL

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
I probably should have posted my county code problem in here so if the mods want to move it, that would be fine. Or if anyone in this thread has any ideas on how to fix the issue of SIMs with different country codes messing up my contacts.

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
How can I actually delete an eSIM. I had T-Mobile on eSIM and Verizon on physical SIM and got rid of T-Mobile - I removed the cellular plan prior to doing so, now each time I boot my device under cellular I see my active Verizon line and then "secondary" that says NO SIM.

I've reset network settings, and it doesn't fix it, I've also downgraded back to iOS 12.4 to see if that would remove/fix it and it hasn't either. Under settings -> reset there is no option to remove all cellular plans so that's not an option. I can't get rid of this. I've also set the device up as new (without restoring a backup) and same thing, that secondary line keeps popping up. Any ideas?

(Also posting on the iOS 12 eSIm thread for more exposure since it happens with 12.4 and 13 Beta)

Thanks.

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
How can I actually delete an eSIM. I had T-Mobile on eSIM and Verizon on physical SIM and got rid of T-Mobile - I removed the cellular plan prior to doing so, now each time I boot my device under cellular I see my active Verizon line and then "secondary" that says NO SIM.

I've reset network settings, and it doesn't fix it, I've also downgraded back to iOS 12.4 to see if that would remove/fix it and it hasn't either. Under settings -> reset there is no option to remove all cellular plans so that's not an option. I can't get rid of this. I've also set the device up as new (without restoring a backup) and same thing, that secondary line keeps popping up. Any ideas?

(Also posting on the iOS 12 eSIm thread for more exposure since it happens with 12.4 and 13 Beta)

Thanks.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016

Thanks.
Good question! Try tapping on the line and it’ll ask to update contacts, tap yes or update

Then gone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.