Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I find Pret A Manger make a fine flat white!

7b800e3799599f91b47fb104f89dde20.jpg

Reactions: decafjava

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
OK I've had enough. I will purchase one for myself instead of these crappy old cups here at the office and my decorative souvenir Vienna mug a colleague got me from her trip awhile back.

They are brilliant mugs, look stunning, are solidly well built, sturdy, well balanced (i.e. don't topple over) and the coffee tastes wonderful when you drink it from such a mug.

However, I will advise that you heat the cup (mug) before preparing the coffee.

Last edited:

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
I decided on getting a Ember Temperature heat controlled mug from Amazon. It will be interesting how well it keeps my coffee hot.

Reactions: D.T.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
My package contained two different coffees from two different regions and growers/producers in Ethiopia, one shed and one naturally dried in the sun, and one package of seriously good Kenyan coffee.

Thus, I am now sipping a mug (Le Creuset, naturally enough, burnt volcanic orange), of freshly made, freshly roasted, Kenyan AA coffee, with organic brown sugar, and organic full fat raw milk.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
My Le Creuset French Press (deep raspberry clouded) was pressed into service this afternoon to prepare the aforementioned coffee - two thirds Ethiopian (comprised of two different Ethiopian coffees, one from Yirgacheffe, one washed and the other naturally sun dried), and one third Kenyan AA, served with organic brown sugar and organic raw, full fat milk.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
How can I buy IHOP Kuerig K Cup Coffee or alternative coffee that tastes the same?

In about 30 seconds I was able to determine that IHOP uses Royal Cup Coffee (apparently Waffle House does too) ;) So while there's not an IHOP KC, that company does offer there product in KCs, direct from here:

That being said, "Diner Coffee" is its own special thing, and you're not going to reproduce that with a Keurig machine.

Reactions: Th3odor3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.