Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Enjoyed a mug (le Creuset) of coffee from the Horn of Africa, a blend of my own devising of two different types of Ethiopian coffee and an AA coffee from Kenya. Served with organic brown sugar and organic, full fat, raw milk.

Reactions: adrianlondon

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
You can not go wrong with a Kenyan.

Agreed.

Since I discovered them a few years ago, my favourite coffees have all come from that region - roughly, the Horn of Africa, especially the splendid coffees from Ethiopia and Kenya - and also stretching across the Gulf of Aden, where coffee from Yemen (if one can lay hands on it, as it can be quite difficult to source) can be simply superb.

Reactions: JamesMike

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Enjoyed a marvellous coffee at lunch time: A blend of Kenyan AA and washed Ethiopian coffee, served in a Le Creuset volcanic burnt orange mug, with organic brown sugar, and heated (hot) organic full fat milk. Delicious.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
And am now thoroughly enjoying another mug (Le Creuset) of piping hot coffee: A bend of Ethiopian washed coffee and Kenyan AA coffee, served with organic brown sugar, organic hot milk and two (organic) biscuits of dark chocolate and ginger.

Very tasty, warming and welcome.

cdcastillo

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
The cesspit of civilization
I’ve recently come across a very nice blend of Sumatran coffee beans sold by a local roaster/coffe shop called “Pasión del cielo” (heavenly passion).

I’m enjoying them pretty much. And I’ve now ordered a le creuset coffe mug.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
For the most part I get beans from my local seller here in Fort Worth, Avoca Coffee Roasters, and their Morritos brand that comes from Giraldo, Cuajaron in Columbia. Very nice flavor and aroma.
The wife LOVES it.

Still on cup #1 this morning.
I definitely drink slower at home than when on the go.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
What do you mean by the term "white coffee" as I am not sure exactly what this is.

I assume that you are not referring to a coffee with milk.

Black coffee describes any coffee type that has been roasted, and results in a brewed coffee that has a dark color. White coffee, however, differs from black coffee in that it has a different brewing process and results in a lighter brewed beverage. White coffee originates in Ipoh, Malaysia. Other blends of white coffee were developed based upon the Malaysian original, such as white coffee brewed to reduce some of the original caffeine amounts.

White coffee and black coffee both use the same type of coffee beans for the most part. The roasting process for white coffee is what sets it apart from other types of coffee. White coffee begins as Robusta or Arabica beans, as with black coffee. With black coffee, the beans are roasted for variable amounts of time, depending upon the desired brew strength, and mixed with margarine and sugar. White coffee, according to Dapuri’s White Coffee website, brews only with margarine to give the beans a lighter roast. Another contributing factor to the taste of white coffee is that white coffee is brewed for a shorter period of time than black coffee blends. The shorter brewing time means that white coffee has more caffeine than other coffee types.

Despite the name, white coffee is not actually white. Once brewed into a cup of coffee, white coffee resembles a much lighter colored coffee than other brews. The light tan color has been compared to that of chicken broth. The taste of white coffee has had several different descriptions.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Black coffee describes any coffee type that has been roasted, and results in a brewed coffee that has a dark color. White coffee, however, differs from black coffee in that it has a different brewing process and results in a lighter brewed beverage. White coffee originates in Ipoh, Malaysia. Other blends of white coffee were developed based upon the Malaysian original, such as white coffee brewed to reduce some of the original caffeine amounts.

White coffee and black coffee both use the same type of coffee beans for the most part. The roasting process for white coffee is what sets it apart from other types of coffee. White coffee begins as Robusta or Arabica beans, as with black coffee. With black coffee, the beans are roasted for variable amounts of time, depending upon the desired brew strength, and mixed with margarine and sugar. White coffee, according to Dapuri’s White Coffee website, brews only with margarine to give the beans a lighter roast. Another contributing factor to the taste of white coffee is that white coffee is brewed for a shorter period of time than black coffee blends. The shorter brewing time means that white coffee has more caffeine than other coffee types.

Despite the name, white coffee is not actually white. Once brewed into a cup of coffee, white coffee resembles a much lighter colored coffee than other brews. The light tan color has been compared to that of chicken broth. The taste of white coffee has had several different descriptions.

Ah, thank you for that explanation.

Now, that I am satisfied as to what it is, I can say that, no, I haven't ever some across it, and nor have I tried it.

Reactions: yaxomoxay

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Ah, thank you for that explanation.

Now, that I am satisfied as to what it is, I can say that, no, I haven't ever some across it, and nor have I tried it.

Yeah, I never came across it, I might try to buy some online. It seems that the "coffee community" is still arguing about its actual worth ...

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Woke up at 5. Meditation followed by coffee, two soft boiled eggs (using my new toy), strawberry oatmeal, and a glass of orange juice.
I read the WSJ and USA Today... good article about baseball on the WSJ.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.