Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I'm obviously in a suggestible mood, as I read your post and thought "mmmmm, yeah, perfect". Mine will be Kenyan (in a cafetiere) as I don't have any Ethiopian, but close enough.

Actually, I love the coffees from the Horn of Africa region, or east Africa (Ethiopian, or Kenyan coffees, in particular).

However, I've also been impressed by coffees from Yemen on the few occasions I was able to lay hands on some coffee from that tragic country.

Enjoy your Kenyan coffee; I find the cafetiere (French Press) or pour-over filter methods to be among the more forgiving methods when busily engaged in preparing coffee.

Reactions: adrianlondon

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Never heard of monk fruit being used to create a sweetener. Google throws up some interesting results. What's yours mixed with? G says it's 125x sweeter than sugar.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Never heard of monk fruit being used to create a sweetener. Google throws up some interesting results. What's yours mixed with? G says it's 125x sweeter than sugar.

Yep, we've used it a few times, it's hard to find pure, sometimes it's mixed with dextrose, sometimes a sugar alcohol like erythritol it's been used for centuries in some parts of the world. It's even supposed to have some antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.

It at least starts life as a plant vs. some kind of lab created product :)

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
It at least starts life as a plant vs. some kind of lab created product :)
So, like sugar then ? I'm surprised you've used it neat; you must have to drop individual granules into a coffee if it's over 150 times as sweet as sugar. I'm intrigued and will search it out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.