Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timmodugdale

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2009
Madison, WI
I do not support this whole larger iPhone plan. I am perfectly fine with the current size. If you want a larger phone, buy the Max.

Ta_whirimatea

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2023
Oh, come on! Siri works great. Just ask Larry David..... :D

Been there done that many times. Siri is absolutely useless about trying to think outside of its box. I’ve literally smashed 2 iphone screens because of Siri rage.

RIP iPhone SE
RIP iPhone 8

‘Smart tech’ is only as good as the 6yr old that designed/wrote it..

McKodiak

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2014
How can anyone get excited over this?

I’m due for a new iPhone and this is so meh.

You’re talking to the biggest Apple fanboy ever!!!!!!
I'm now on a three-year upgrade cycle. The product is mature. They're at the point of pushing boundaries of the tech which comes in small steps. When a solid-state battery is available for the phone, I may be able to go to a longer upgrade cycle.

Sorinut

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2015

I'm at the point where I get more satisfaction and enjoyment out of keeping tech as long as possible instead of upgrading. I'd rather keep using and fixing things than buy new, if possible.

Same goes for things around my house and property.

Last edited:

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007

It’s been diminishing returns for years. Which is understandable with such a mature product. I intend to ride out my 13 Pro Max for many years to come. I bought that for the Pro Motion screen and insane battery life, and it still holds up. Rarely lower than 60%-70% in a day, although I do use it as little as possible.

Flipside, the Vision Pro (which I’ve personally zero interest in, not that it matters) will see huge improvements in the next few iterations. To the point where, unless you can monetise it, have silly money or are a dev, you’d be crazy to buy the first version imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oscar_440

Biro

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2012
Speaking only for myself, faster WiFi, a more powerful chip, more RAM, and better thermal management are all nice to have but not must-haves. Everything else on the list doesn’t matter to me at all. I expect that I’ll keep my 15 Plus for several years.

gariadam

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2024
It's interesting to read these rumours, we'll see how it develops at the launch. I'd be most happy with a meaningful SE update based on the concepts and finally a full series update where the target audience for all models just wins. Dreams.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
I think a reason why the iPhone 16 Plus will have a slightly smaller battery is that unlike the iPhone 15 Plus, the iPhone 16 Plus will use a variant of the upcoming A18 SoC, which means much better battery efficiency, so they don't need a 4,300 mAh battery.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
No killer features are mentioned in this article
Hopefully Apple does a substantial hardware upgrade or improvement
Seems like Apple paying less attention to iPhone which is over 50%of their sales

Reactions: gusmula

HackMacDaddy

Cancelled
Dec 17, 2019
I hope they will have the courage to implement splitscreen multitasking and an extra row of icons on the homescreen. It‘s ridiculous that my iPhone Mini shows the same content as a Max/Plus. Also whoever invented the floating video bubble instead of a real splitscreen needs to be punished really hard.

acousticbiker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2008
In all the mentions of the larger screen sizes, I haven't seen mentioned whether the chassis will also be larger as a result or whether they're able to remove to achieve with current size.

Reactions: beginnersview

Juggernaut510

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009
Looks exactly like the iPhone 14 I have. Apple has lost all sense of innovation with the iPhone. Another year without upgrade I guess. Just not worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.