Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ksec

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2015
For about 8 years Apple had the fastest processors. But now or next iteration even ARM and Qualcomm has caught up. And iPhone 16 still does not have Pro Motion.

• Wow
Reactions: I7guy

Marty80

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2015
Melbourne
In other words for myself its a sleeper year. Waiting for the punch hole design, than for the full screen iphone.

Last edited:

bobdobalina

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
I've talked myself out of every model since I bought my 11 Pro Max. That thing still works fine and the battery life is still excellent. I came an inch away from buying a 15 Pro Max and will likely buy the 16 Pro Max. But I really wish they would stick to a non-zoom, high quality, large sensor telephoto camera. The long lens camera is my favorite on the 11. This zoom business is great, but I would rather have a short-telephoto camera that matched the image quality of the main camera. The main camera is WIDE by any standard for a "normal" lens. The "telephoto" is my standard lens.

ksec

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2015
Hopefully Apple sees the world is in some form of a down turn and decide to put out better Value products.

iPhone Pro Starts at 256GB Storage, last year starts at 128GB but without camera upgrade at $999.
$1199 Pro Max 256GB
$1099 Pro 256 GB

$899 Plus 256GB
$799 256GB

Basically The pros are only for Camera upgrades and screen etc. The Three sensors will all be different along with Zoom optics.

sideshowuniqueuser

macrumors 68030
Mar 20, 2016
I'm with you on this. I feel like they are adding features we are not asking for… A new design and a lower cost are my main upgrade desires. Last year I skipped an upgrade, breaking the annual tradition, and it's uncertain if the 16 series will offer enough to consider upgrading from my current 14 Pro Max. The offerings from Samsung Galaxy, especially the stylus, stand out; having such a feature with an iPhone would be incredibly useful at times.
"lower cost"

ROTFPML

sideshowuniqueuser

macrumors 68030
Mar 20, 2016
Want to get me excited?

Screens on both sides. Have one screen on the back for notifications only.

Glowing Apple logo when charging or receiving notifications.

Motion control with my eyes and fingers.

Siri that actually works.

Make this phone and I will be excited. Wouldn’t you?
Only the Siri part. Rumours have it that a massive $1B investment in AI by Apple is going to bare fruit with the next iOS release - and only for the iPhone 16 models - or knowing Apple, only for the iPhone 16 Pro models, povo plebs will have to wait until iPhone 17.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Don't think a there will a further increase in zoom with 16 Pro Max. But the larger screen will be good. The capture button will be a very interesting addition. Might end up being very useful. Also good to hear about the increase in battery capacity of 16 Pro Max.

Spindel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2020
Spec wise phones are just damn iterative nowadays, unless there is some new breakthrough in how we interact with phones it will continue that way.

So Apple, just make a god damn new Mini version for the day when my 13 Mini breaks!​

I personally can’t grasp the Mini didn’t sell well since a lot of people I know that have one loves it and I get comments from a lot of people, when they see my 13 Mini, in the style of ”Hey Spindel, what a small phone you have. I really like that size I will get one as my next phone”. Bear in mind that I’m a bit older and interact mostly whit adults, that use the phone as a tool and a pocket computer when out and about away from their main work station and not teens and early 20’s people that are perpetually glued to the phone screen.

joecomo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
Impressive list of upgrades - I won‘t even try not to upgrade this year - I won‘t resist anyhow

HackMacDaddy

Cancelled
Dec 17, 2019
Btw I can totally imagine Apple going the Samsung route and introducing „advanced AI Siri Pro“ as another subscription service in the future.

Jay Tee

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2023
Not trolling, genuinely curious. What is it about an OLED display that hurts your eyes? I love my OLED Switch and 77" LG.
I switched from a 7 Plus to the 15 Plus and had mild headaches and blurry eyes: my eyes get a general sense of unease. It's worse for text since I can't quite get a focus lock.

In contrast, the 7 Plus and 11 feel very natural to use: comfortable is the word that comes to mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: LlamaLarry

DarthDon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2020
Spec wise phones are just damn iterative nowadays, unless there is some new breakthrough in how we interact with phones it will continue that way.

So Apple, just make a god damn new Mini version for the day when my 13 Mini breaks!​

I personally can’t grasp the Mini didn’t sell well since a lot of people I know that have one loves it and I get comments from a lot of people, when they see my 13 Mini, in the style of ”Hey Spindel, what a small phone you have. I really like that size I will get one as my next phone”. Bear in mind that I’m a bit older and interact mostly whit adults, that use the phone as a tool and a pocket computer when out and about away from their main work station and not teens and early 20’s people that are perpetually glued to the phone screen.
I think it would really make sense for apple to make iphone and iphone pro a little bit bigger each. The upcoming SE will then be like the 13 mini. This also makes sense due to the size of the current SE. Let's see what happens. Waiting will certainly be rewarded...

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
Only the Siri part. Rumours have it that a massive $1B investment in AI by Apple is going to bare fruit with the next iOS release - and only for the iPhone 16 models - or knowing Apple, only for the iPhone 16 Pro models, povo plebs will have to wait until iPhone 17.
There is no way they limit that upgrade to just one phone model.

Reactions: Jay Tee and I7guy

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
How can anyone get excited over this?

I’m due for a new iPhone and this is so meh.

You’re talking to the biggest Apple fanboy ever!!!!!!
"due for a new iPhone" - from which one?

I might upgrade this time; coming from an iPhone 11.

So I take the "meh" from the 16, the "meh" from the 15, the ... etc and all those mehs are actually quite something when they're added up.

Reactions: Born Again

LlamaLarry

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
Northern VA
I switched from a 7 Plus to the 15 Plus and had headaches. the 15 Plus give my eyes a general sense of unease; they unable to get a good focus on the screen; it's much worse for text.
Thanks, I have a 12PM that I have been hanging onto and am thinking the 16PM may be my upgrade. I guess since I already have OLED it must not bother me, but this is good to know.

Reactions: Jay Tee

Neil Harrison

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2020
The iPhone 15pro is the best phone apple have made imo.
But apple don’t make it bigger and please get rid of Dynamic Island it just doesn’t work

Kiwidevdude

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2023
I'll upgrade if it comes with a mmwave in the Australian model.

We already pay more then just buying it in the USA model...

parajba

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
IPM14 here. It’s heavy and bulky. Make the 16 lighter and thinner, but with the same good battery. Plus the usual annual improvements like camera and speed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.