Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I’ve had Covid, I’m now immune. Masks don’t work anyway. Consider a chain link fence: that is the mask. The virus is a BB shot at the fence. The BB just goes straight through, because the fences holes are too large to catch the BB. That’s how small the virus is, it just passes through the mask. If a fart can pass through underwear and jeans, what makes you think that mask is going to work?
Absolute debunked tripe.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
I’ve had Covid, I’m now immune. Masks don’t work anyway. Consider a chain link fence: that is the mask. The virus is a BB shot at the fence. The BB just goes straight through, because the fences holes are too large to catch the BB. That’s how small the virus is, it just passes through the mask. If a fart can pass through underwear and jeans, what makes you think that mask is going to work?
Regular masks catch a large portion of tiny droplets that carry the virus, so they are much more to protect others from a wearer who is infected (either knowingly or unknowingly), not so much to protect yourself from others (though it does help a little). So though you were wearing your mask, you probably caught it because someone else wasn’t wearing their mask. Or perhaps some other protocol was broken. Of course no protocol is full proof so maybe you just got unlucky.
If you want to protect yourself from others you need to wear an n95 mask, properly fitted. But I heard it’s worse than a regular mask at protecting others from you if you are already infected, so people should ideally wear both n95 and regular masks at the same time, to protect themselves and to stop spread to others. But I believe a regular mask is more effective at slowing spread in general.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Time for Apple to add underscreen Touch ID as well as Face ID to the next iPhone especially in times of a pandemic. Actually Apple came out with a new patent related to this today so what are they waiting for

As with any product that ships in tens of million quantities, probably waiting to procure sufficient components first.

Reactions: MartyvH

neil74

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2017
That would be true if, as originally thought, surface contamination was the major concern. However, over time the evidence has indicated that the risk of surface contamination is lower than originally thought, while the risk of airborne transmission is much higher than originally thought.

Touching and rewearing masks is far from ideal, and most masks won't provide that much protection to the wearer, but they demonstrably have a significant effect in reducing the airborne risk to others. Simply put, we now know that we need to wear masks to keep others safe, and touching the mask (though a bad practice from the wearer's perspective) does not in any way diminish the mask's ability to improve the safety of others.
If a mask with the virus on it is left in a car for a few days I'd wager that the virus would have expired by then anyway. I understand that on say metal or glass it can last longer but on something porous it does not last very long at all hence why surface contamination is not thought to be a huge issue.

90% of the time FaceID is ok, it is only those circumstances when out and about where having to put in a pin becomes a hassle. I took the kids to a theme park in the Summer when things opened and it was a real pain that day, mostly it is a non-issue though. I still prefer a capacitive FPS.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
Regular masks catch a large portion of tiny droplets that carry the virus, so they are much more to protect others from a wearer who is infected (either knowingly or unknowingly), not so much to protect yourself from others (though it does help a little). So though you were wearing your mask, you probably caught it because someone else wasn’t wearing their mask. Or perhaps some other protocol was broken. Of course no protocol is full proof so maybe you just got unlucky.
If you want to protect yourself from others you need to wear an n95 mask, properly fitted. But I heard it’s worse than a regular mask at protecting others from you if you are already infected, so people should ideally wear both n95 and regular masks at the same time, to protect themselves and to stop spread to others. But I believe a regular mask is more effective at slowing spread in general.
N95 masks ar hard to breath in. You end up hyper ventilating. I’ve even seen people wearing their mask while they’re driving by themselves. Some of them have passed out from too much CO2 going back into their system. Ideally you only need to put it on when you approach someone less than 6 feet. Otherwise if you’re 6 feet away, no need to have it on just cover-up, if you think you’re going to sneeze.

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
N95 masks ar hard to breath in. You end up hyper ventilating. I’ve even seen people wearing their mask while they’re driving by themselves. Some of them have passed out from too much CO2 going back into their system.
That is interesting, I hadn't heard that reported before. Can you please post links to the news reports of these drivers passing out from too much CO2, I like to keep informed.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
N95 masks ar hard to breath in. You end up hyper ventilating. I’ve even seen people wearing their mask while they’re driving by themselves. Some of them have passed out from too much CO2 going back into their system. Ideally you only need to put it on when you approach someone less than 6 feet. Otherwise if you’re 6 feet away, no need to have it on just cover-up, if you think you’re going to sneeze.
You can’t pass out from breathing too much C02 in an N95 mask. I worked with guys for over a decade who wore them all day long in dusty environments. We’ve had medical professionals on national television and medical journals published debunking such false information as what you are promoting here. It’s absolute rubbish and was the sort of propaganda that was tackled back in March/April when the pandemic first took hold with people making that claim all over social media.

N95 masks are not nice to wear, I get that. They are sweaty and restrictive sure. But they don’t make you hyperventilate or pass out. That’s a psychological reaction to overthinking it, pure and simple.

Reactions: supertiffany

supertiffany

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2019
You can’t pass out from breathing too much C02 in an N95 mask. I worked with guys for over a decade who wore them all day long in dusty environments. We’ve had medical professionals on national television and medical journals published debunking such false information as what you are promoting here. It’s absolute rubbish and was the sort of propaganda that was tackled back in March/April when the pandemic first took hold with people making that claim all over social media.

N95 masks are not nice to wear, I get that. They are sweaty and restrictive sure. But they don’t make you hyperventilate or pass out. That’s a psychological reaction to overthinking it, pure and simple.

any form of surgical masks arent suffocating, people should stop spreading such testimony.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.