Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Mine is one of the Jonnie Walker colours. I think its the black one. I always forget though. I dont know why. ;)

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
Chivas is good too.

Yes, for a blend.

But why drink a blend when you can drink one of the ingredients of same, The Glenlivet.

I usually drink irish whiskeys.

I've been around for a few years, and I have come to the same conclusion.

Jamesons for everyday (I wish) and Bushmill's Black Bush for special (wish x 2).

For regular consumption, a straight Jamesons, no ice, no water.

Separates the Men from the boys, whisky-wise. ;)

Mine is one of the Jonnie Walker colours. I think its the black one. I always forget though. I dont know why. ;)

God, I sure hope you don't remember the blue one any time soon. :eek:

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I tend to drink Jameson, although I've gotta do it on the rocks. I know, I know... ;)

As far as Bourbon, I'm a Maker's kind of guy. If it's been an especially long day, Booker's.

powerdave

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2004
Hamburg
Jamesons for everyday (I wish) and Bushmill's Black Bush for special (wish x 2).

iJohnHenry, you said what I was just about to post. I haven't had Black Bush though, but a guy told me the same last night... over here in Germany Bushmills and Tullamore Dew are pretty common.. but Tullamore not so much so back home in Ireland.

JD is okay once you mix it with coke :p

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
For regular consumption, a straight Jamesons, no ice, no water. Thanks.

Skunk, that is what I am talking about. I just found Jamesons. I also like Crown on the rocks or with coke. But then again I also like Jamesons with coke, but when I am in the mood no ice, no water, no coke. Just jamesons.

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
It's funny - I don't generally mind Islay malts, but Bowmore is one I really just don't have a taste for. Laphroaig is better imo...at least for my palette.

It's definitely an acquired taste. The Bowmore Legend is very full of peat flavor. Sometimes,depending on the severity of my day and my mood,that's what I reach for...Talisker is still my old faithful standby tho...

benmrii

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2007
FL
Most definitely love Macallan. 12 year, rocks. 18 for special occasions.

Great thread... going to try some new whiskeys, thanks.

theunseen

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2008
Florida
Glenlivet... or Maker's Mark for the southern gentleman in me. Always neat with just a bit of water; there's really no other way to enjoy good whiskey.

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
In no particular order: Lagavulin, Laphroaig, Ardbeg, Caol Ila, Talisker, Dalwhinnie, maybe Balvenie too.

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
Tend to drink Kentucky Bourbon more on a regular basis. Have loved Makers Mark for years - am currently into Bulleit.

Don't care for many Irish Whiskys. Among Scotches - I like several - but scotch is a special-occasion drink...

fdjc11

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2009
Iowa
makers mark is great, 1792 is good, i drink them neat or on the rocks never mixed. i also like pretty much any single malt i've ever tried...i have glenlevit and glenfidich and the balvenie 15 year.

Gelfin

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2001
Denver, CO
For scotch I tend to keep Balvenie around, at least a DoubleWood, but right now a 15 year Single Barrel, and if I can find another bottle of the Sherry Oak lying around, I quite liked that.

For bourbon, I'm quite a fan of Blanton's.

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
For single malts...Glenmorangie,Talisker,Oban,Laphroaig,Balvenie..

Bourbons...Knob Creek or Woodford's Reserve

Irish...Jamesons

ButtUglyJeff

macrumors 6502a
Johnnie Walker Black Label blend is my current favorite, though its a habbit I can't often afford........

I've tried their Blue Label for the first time, over New Years, and I've found a love that dares not speak. I don't even want to know how much a 1/5 would run.........

No matter what I drink I always prep the same way; short glass, 3 large cubes of filtered water ice, 1/4 oz filtered water, and 4 oz of the whiskey of sampling.............

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I used to love crown, but then I tried this, much better:

Attachments

• 40_Crk_bottle_RGB_05_clip.gif
    40_Crk_bottle_RGB_05_clip.gif
    19.3 KB · Views: 170
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.