Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
So that means people are stuck on the surface like on Earth or they can fly like on the moon?

Even on Moon you can't fly. You can jump about 6 times higher than on Earth. because you are much lighter and also you will fall slower. On Mars you are heavier and fall faster than on moon, so no more fun hopping around.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
So that means people are stuck on the surface like on Earth or they can fly like on the moon?

I was surprised to see the bloke fell in a crevice.
The gravitational pull on Mars is about 37.7% that of earth... so a 200 pound man would have the "earth weight" of approximately 75.4 pounds on Mars. Gravity will still pull down, so objects will still fall to the planetary surface.

Reactions: HappyIntro

MiniApple

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2020
decent progress and a couple of answers and longer term set ups all into one.

cool opening sequences with the telescope and asteroid discovery.
I honestly expected an Asteroid with an Earth collison course (Armageddon Ed + Miner combining to playing Bruce Willis)
Pretty sure THIS is a big part in accelerating not only technical advancements, but also Martian settlement and further out exploring space in combination with Kelly's alien life (evnentual discovery).

the flashbacks from Danielle, Ed and Danny were nicely done. I think they were all almost no sounds/muted and a bit warmer colored/images.

Dev and Kelly's "opposite" family reactions/actions were nicely interwoven, but both equally heartbreaking IMO.
Happy Kelly can take her kid with her. Not sure how Grandma will take the news tough.

Thankfully they finally adressed Kelly's kid health complications/issues and I for one am stocked Kelly is going back to look for alien life.

Now that Ed lost his wings, he could become a Space Grandpa, so maybe no going out with a heroic blaze of glory or total character destruction?

Aleida is gonna NOT meet Margo in person (at least at first), but maybe notice something technical/calcuations of her during the quickly approaching Mars7 or whatever meetings.

still waiting for the (dumbass) Miner/Jeweler to lose
  • his (seemingly regained) marriage
  • barkeep/low profile smuggler friend
  • his job
  • his back-in-space-lady-friend who thankfully hasn't joined his little martian stones smuglling ring yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alwis and TonyM42

HappyIntro

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2016
decent progress and a couple of answers and longer term set ups all into one.

cool opening sequences with the telescope and asteroid discovery.
I honestly expected an Asteroid with an Earth collison course (Armageddon Ed + Miner combining to playing Bruce Willis)
Pretty sure THIS is a big part in accelerating not only technical advancements, but also Martian settlement and further out exploring space in combination with Kelly's alien life (evnentual discovery).

the flashbacks from Danielle, Ed and Danny were nicely done. I think they were all almost no sounds/muted and a bit warmer colored/images.

Dev and Kelly's "opposite" family reactions/actions were nicely interwoven, but both equally heartbreaking IMO.
Happy Kelly can take him with him. Not sure how Grandma will take the news tough.

Thankfully they finally adressed Kelly's kid health complications/issues and I for one am stocked Kelly is going back to look for alien life.

Now that Ed lost his wings, he could become a Space Grandpa, so maybe no going out with a heroic blaze of glory or total character destruction?

Aleida is gonna NOT meet Margo in person (at least at first), but maybe notice something technical/calcuations of her during the quickly approaching Mars7 or whatever meetings.

still waiting for the (dumbass) Miner/Jeweler to lose
  • his (seemingly regained) marriage
  • barkeep/low profile smuggler friend
  • his job
  • his back-in-space-lady-friend who thankfully hasn't joined his little martian stones smuglling ring yet.

Very balanced comments, thanks for sharing.

I agree with most of your points. I was about to lose my mind if Kelly left her son behind, like kick the furniture kind of fury...so glad that didn't happen. I loved Karen's cameo in the video Kelly watched as she was making up her mind about going to Mars. So good to see Shantel VanSanten again, she's one of a kind. That being said, poor Joel Kinnaman (Ed), who seems to be this season's Danny, who's job it is to sulk and be the big jerk most of the time. Also, just want to say that Krys Marshall (playing Danielle Poole) is my touchstone character - she is the rock providing ballast to this season so far. She's essential. All this being said, this season is pretty taxing on the viewer with respect to these characters are not getting much payoff, just one frustration or hurdle after another.

Last edited:

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Mars
So will Margo be head of the Russian space-program soon?
But she’s getting older pretty quickly. So I rather see her go to Mars, and hang with Ed 🥰

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Well, they added more family drama with Dev background. I think all the characters have family issues, now. The asteroid is a new plot, hopefully it will be developed properly.

MiniApple

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2020
spoilers for episode 5 "Leningrad"

Great episode on multiple fronts.

M7 conference
and the (earlier than I expected) Margo is alive/reveal to Aleida and the world.
Wonderful acting and as mentioned, emotional rollercoaster.
LOVED Aleida giving her a tearful long hug first - did not expect that. Hate me if you want, but work the problem with me = BRAVO
So awesome!

Ed and Dani
Ed, softening up, smoking weed, drinking moon mars-shine
Whether he helps kickstart the union out of spite vs Dani or because there actually discovered some more humanity inside of him TBD.
With his sole family on it's way (Kelly and his space-born-grandson) there might* be somewhat of a happy end for him.
When Dani spoke these works - I said to my SO, can you see the end of life countdown clock that has just started by the writers.

Asteroid redirect mission

As other have stated however, I think something will go wrong with the redirect mission - that's the writers room's exit strategy for Ed and Dani.
Kelly will be safe tough, as the arc of discovering alien life hasn't happened yet (and she's young/middle aged character in the show)

Quark's Ilya's bar, unionizing, criminal takeover

Really feel for Ilya loosing "his" bar.
Union leading lady to be - hopefully not only survives the unionization of Helios workers and the likely asteroid redirect mission fallout - but also doesn't get involved or harmed by (from greedy dumbass to two faced crime boss wannabe) miner's actions and certain cascading fallout.

Reactions: HappyIntro

MiniApple

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2020
What a closing scene!
Let's go!

Ed: WTF are you talking about?!
Dev: Do you want to help me steal an Asteroid?
😯 ☄️🚀👨‍🚀👩‍🚀 😁

Reactions: snash22

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I found that last episode very bad: the scene with all the suits outside was ridiculous. The explosion was predictable well in advance, once they started to say gas. The “strike, strike, strike” too and the cliffhanger was just nonsense.

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Mars
All this hidden spoilers that this thread have now have totally destroyed this thread.
The title says it may contain spoilers!

So people are warned, right.

Sorry, this thread have become totally useless where discussions are impossible.
So I'm leaving, I don’t have time for this childishness.

I'm on next ship to Mars 🥳

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
All this hidden spoilers that this thread have now have totally destroyed this thread.

Sorry, this thread have become totally useless where discussions are impossible.

Good grief...

trash eighty

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2020
UK

You are Admiral Ed Baldwin and i claim my five Mars space bucks!

• Haha
Reactions: MiniApple

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

You get a place in the bar, that's it.
guess you weren't leaving... just bringing the drama, eh?

Either way, no one said you had to use the SPOILER tag on your posts... some do, some don't... as you said, there is a warning on the thread title...

• Sad
Reactions: shadow puppet

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Mars
guess you weren't leaving... just bringing the drama, eh?

Either way, no one said you had to use the SPOILER tag on your posts... some do, some don't... as you said, there is a warning on the thread title...
Hardly, I just politely answered a question.

You are the drama boy, trying to project it on me.
And that makes you a place on my ignore list, bye bye.

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
Episode 8 was really great. All the stuff that's happening, on many different things, and then that ending... now I can't wait for the next episode. :D Season 4 is really the best one so far.

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
I'm a bit surprised seeing that no one else wrote about Episode 8.
I just watched Episode 9, and it's really great. Again so much stuff happening where I want to see how it continues. And that finale... I'm speechless.
I just hate how there is only one episode left this season.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I just watched Episode 9, and it's really great. Again so much stuff happening where I want to see how it continues. And that finale... I'm speechless.
Agreed... guessing the Brazil thing ain't happening...

And what the heck was Ed trying to spin to Kelly? I want to believe him, but I just can't... and Miles being tortured for answers is a bit of a stretch...

The big question is: will Dani and the leaders figure out what Dev and his team is up to in time to save the mission?

I guess we'll find out next week.

HappyIntro

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2016

I too hate that we're already down to the season finale next week. This season has gone by too fast. So far this is probably my least favorite season, but I'm still enjoying it and care about the characters.

MiniApple

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2020
Ilya will somehow save Miles from the CIA and KGB fellas, then they help the North Korean 1st human on Mars guy with his passed out? boss - which in turn helps guaranteeing the succsess of "Ed/Dev steal an asteroid"-crew.

Margo will bite the dust too, because after learning from Sergejis "suicide" and adding up 1 and 2, she now has lost nearly everything, I'd wager will be linked to sabotage Sovjet Union/NASA so Ed and Dev's "greater purpose mars and space exploration mission" will continue. OR Aleida will help Margo escape to Brazil.

Dani will bite the dust - strike 2 after the teary video call for sure.

NASA/Home Alone guy will have a heart attack when the asteroid mission goes "wrong".

Kelly will discover life on Mars in the finale.

sevoneone

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2010
I took that little heartfelt message from Danielle another way... somehow this asteroid thing is going to go very wrong and it is going to end up getting hurled at Earth rather than redirected with little time for anyone to do anything about it. The season will end with Kelly finding life on Mars as the asteroid advances towards Earth...

As for Margo... I suspect that the US/CIA has no intentions of allowing her to return to the USSR and she may just meet an end that 'rhymes' with Sergei's. Or Peanut is going to show up and take her out...

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
btw. Poole said she wants to show her grandkid all three Star Trek series.
This is supposed to be in 2003.
I wonder what Star Trek series they got. At that time we got:
TOS 1966-1969
TAS 1973-1974
TNG 1987-1994
DS9 1993-1999
VOY 1995-2001
ENT 2001-2005

So, we had 6 series, TAS is often forgotten and not counted still leaves us with 5 series. And with all that space exploring actually happening, I would guess Sci-Fi shows would be more popular and probably cause more Star Trek series, not less. Or those shows were just longer running? Would love to know if the writers actually thought about this. I mean they intentionally put that "all three of them" in there, which one wouldn't say in a real situation like that.

HappyIntro

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2016
Lots of fun speculation here, can't wait to see how it all shakes out this Friday. I read the creators of FAM want their story line to go through six or seven seasons. Maybe they didn't get the green light for any more seasons so they're ending this last season with the asteroid impacting Earth and Mars being humankind's only hope for continuation. How many humans does it take for a population to be genetically viable long term? Hmm.

Nah, I'm sure that won't happen but one never knows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.