Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Any word on when we can expect to see For All Mankind Season 4? And maybe some scoop on what we’re in for when it returns?

An Apple TV+ premiere date continues to elude us, but co-showrunner Ben Nedivi told us (in pre-strike times) that more change is ahead in Season 4. “We always knew by jumping ahead decades that we wouldn’t be able to really just hold onto the original cast the whole way through, but I think we also didn’t want to do a thing where you completely swap out casts between seasons,” Nedivi said. So expect Season 4 to “bring in newer characters that kind of maybe show another side of the space program, another side of the world, to really expand the storytelling capabilities.”

Source https://tvline.com/lists/evil-season-4-release-date-spoilers-david-kristen-the-entity/
The Writer's Strike + Screen Actor's Strike will definitely delay whatever planned release date this show had....

trash eighty

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2020
UK
I read elsewhere it was going to be on this autumn so i assume they must have done most of it by now.

I've seen some pics from it, a lot of it looks to be set on Mars.

sevoneone

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2010
I think there was an announcement that Season 4 had started production just as the last episodes of Season 3 were released. There were also posts by a couple actors that they had wrapped for the season back in January. So that’s a good sign that it will be ready to release in the fall. The only thing that might be a delay is if Apple and other platforms start holding back fresh continent to make sure they have something to release they know people will watch if the strike drags on. It’s going to be a pretty dry summer/fall next year because of it. With all the acclaim and awards buzz the For All Mankind has gotten, they might figure if can stay fresh in the jar until winter/spring.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
I wonder how many of the streamers have 6-12 months worth of content “in the can”

Masters of the Air - the final series of Band of Brothers should be right around the corner

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Cool, I have to re-watch s3 I think ☺️

I only recall that Molly died, and the 'woman/charachter' who's name I can't recall now, disappeared to Russia.

HappyIntro

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2016
So I'm reading the Sunday Edition of The NY Times and the back page of the Sunday Opinion section is a full page ad from "Helios Aerospace" which states "We Want You on Mars," "Discover Exciting New Career Paths With Us On The Red Planet". "www.welcometohelios.com" Plus there's a QR code to "learn more."

This ad looks 100% as if Helios is real. Of course it's just a way to hype the upcoming season, but I think it's going to confuse a lot of folks.

To me it's sort of surprising in that the season opener is quite a ways off, and this seems like a big push/splash for this show; while I'm a big fan of it, I consider it sort of a niche TV show.

• Haha
Reactions: Lioness~

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Has anyone watched episode 1 of season 4? Want to watch it, but waiting for at lease one ore episode to drop before I start it... also curious why Apple did't drop the first 2 episodes together like then usually do..

maihan

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2020
Boring soap..
Maybe they should beam the "family drama " to the Mars/Moon and the action to earth....

Last edited:
Reactions: gigatoaster

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
By now we know this is more a family drama serious than a sci-fi series which I had hoped for.
So, for what it is, it's good and I continue to watch it for the sci-fi part.
Season 4 started as expected, no disappointments and no big surprises.

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Has anyone watched episode 1 of season 4? Want to watch it, but waiting for at lease one ore episode to drop before I start it... also curious why Apple did't drop the first 2 episodes together like then usually do..
I found ep 1 confusing, so I need at least watch it another time, so it is like 2 eps to me 🙄

MiniApple

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2020
the first epsiode of season 4 was very meh storylines wise.
Still gorgeous visuals overall, however especially Ed's wig/beard was terrible tough.

• Not interested in Ed's story anymore, neither Danielle's.
  • dreading the Aleida's PTSD one.
  • Don't care about the Miner/Oiler either.
  • my favorite remaining character (Grigory Kuznetsov) bit the asteroid dust got stuck and ran out of oxygen. RIP
  • I miss Molly Cobb
  • Only things that keep me watching for now - what's the angle with/on Margo + where does the show go long term big picture

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I used to like this show for its originality, the conquest of space and the uchrony.

But then they felt obliged to add family drama: lost of kid, alcoholism, homosexuality, alcohol abuse…it’s the woke bingo.

I don’t mind about this but it needs to be relevant to the story. The only great treatment of wokeness was with Taylor in BILLIONS.

But here, it’s just painful to watch. I felt I’m being shoved this agenda.

I never understood how this agenda served the audience: would gay people be happy to see representation of gay people in a TV show? Even if it’s just a façade?

I’m scared this season will be 80% drama, 20% story.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I used to like this show for its originality, the conquest of space and the uchrony.

But then they felt obliged to add family drama: lost of kid, alcoholism, homosexuality, alcohol abuse…it’s the woke bingo.

I don’t mind about this but it needs to be relevant to the story. The only great treatment of wokeness was with Taylor in BILLIONS.

But here, it’s just painful to watch. I felt I’m being shoved this agenda.

I never understood how this agenda served the audience: would gay people be happy to see representation of gay people in a TV show? Even if it’s just a façade?

I’m scared this season will be 80% drama, 20% story.
We have also seen the same thing in season 3 of The Morning Show.

Not sure what all of that woke-ness is necessary when it has nothing to do with the story line.

As a kid (in the mid-'60s I was absolutely locked in on the space program... Scott Carpenter, Gordon Cooper, John Glenn, Gus Grissom, Wally Schirra, Alan Shepard, and Deke Slayton were heroes... Mercury 7 then Gemini and Apollo... and the thought of a new drama with all of that as a back story sounded awesome... and yeah, drama in important to that story, but For All Mankind has, IMO, jumped the shark...

I'm going to watch the first few episodes to see where this heads, but absolutely not liking the woke story line and all of the contrived drama that it brings.

Last edited:

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
I don’t think people in this thread like to be reminded of their own mortality 😂
What have changed are that the characters have grown old/older, and some unknown peeps have shown up in the story. I find it interesting though. There’s a lot of answers I want to have.
What happened to Margo in Russia? How come she went there in the first place and not being welcome anymore? How DID they use her intel when she first arrived? Must have been worth something.

It’s a lot between then and now, that I want answers on. It’s also a lot I don’t remember for that matter.

The show seems to been renewed for a s5 too, so it’s a lot left.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.