Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manieek

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2023
I activated the plan - for developers.
I do not have this option in the watch…

Attachments

• IMG_4646.png
    IMG_4646.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 132
  • incoming-77D160DF-BEB1-481F-BECE-53CD9C121E4A.png
    incoming-77D160DF-BEB1-481F-BECE-53CD9C121E4A.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4647.png
    IMG_4647.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 63

rbart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
France
I activated the plan - for developers.
I do not have this option in the watch…
You have probably an issue with data sync between your iPhone and your Watch.
You can try several things to fix that:
- reboot your watch
- when it's up and running again, from YouRace iPhone app, you can try to force sending settings again on the watch (see screenshot)
- then after restarting YouRace on watch, it should show the missing interval plans menu.
Maybe you can also check that iCloud Keychain is also enabled on your iPhone.
If it's not working, you can contact me on the support email, we will find the solution.

Attachments

• Simulator Screenshot - iPhone 14 Pro - 2023-08-05 at 10.41.59.png
    Simulator Screenshot - iPhone 14 Pro - 2023-08-05 at 10.41.59.png
    303 KB · Views: 61

manieek

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2023
Ok working. But..
Hmm quite a serious error intervals when exporting to strava pretty much cut out the route wiped out overall also pretty much even before importing. The last screenshot shows the actual route.

The conclusion is that it passed the 3km initial run without intervals of 12x200m and rest + 1km finishing run.
1691392916468.png

Attachments

• IMG_4662.png
    IMG_4662.png
    389.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4664.jpeg
    IMG_4664.jpeg
    1,007 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

rbart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
France
Very strange ...
It's the first time I see this !
One question, are you using watchOS 10 beta ?

manieek

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2023
Yes, in the default application so complex problems did not appear... GPS actually got lost.

rbart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
France
If you look in Runners beware WatchOS 10 Beta 4 topic in the same forum, you will notice a lot of complaints of truncated workouts, GPS lost ... It's random, some days it works, somedays it's catastrophic ...
In YouRace, I use Apple APIs for getting GPS track, and if there are bugs in these APIs, I get wrong data in YouRace.
For the moment, I have no watchOS 10 device (I only have one Watch and need it to be reliable), so it's hard to support watchOS 10 ...

rbart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
France
Hello, I have just published a small release on the App Store (v3.4.1).

New feature:
- display battery usage after workout

Bug fixes:
- complications update enhancement on Apple Watch
- shorter bell notification in headphones

Next one will probably be focused on next Apple OS.

Reactions: Lab34

rbart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
France
One more big fix release (3.4.2) is available.
Version 4.0 is in internal testing, exclusively for watchOS 10 with one big new feature !!!

Reactions: kecinzer

rbart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
France
Avery weird bug has been discovered in release 3.4.2. The can be killed if you press the Digital Crown while running.
A fix has been pushed to Apple.
I hope it will be available today.
Be careful with 3.4.2 !!!

The working version is 3.4.3.

Reactions: Lab34

rbart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
France
One new release before watchOS 10:
this one is probably the last one to support watchOS 8 and 9.

- New feature:
Notifications are now filtered by default during training plans(no eat, drink or auto lap reminder).
You can configure this setting in each plan.

- Improvement:
Authorization process enhancements after first setup.

Danny1972

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2023
Belgium
i really love this app, especially that you change the apple watch settings and make intervals on the app itself. Great integration with Strava. Maybe in the future, integration for trainingplans?

Last edited:

rbart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
France
Thanks.
I will probably add more integrations in the future, but it's not "easy" features. Sometimes API documentation is poor or not easy to apply to watchOS.
But why not ?
Some great features are coming with version 4 on watchOS10.
Stay tuned !

Reactions: Danny1972

chalmers4three

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2012
Downloaded, paid $5 and gave it a try. Worked great. Simple. Clean and accurate. The only issue I had was it didn’t track my route. It says “no gps data”. I have my location setting enabled for the app so not sure what happened.

Oh yeah, it also didn’t give me alerts via my AirPods….i think I heard it on my watch though.

rbart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
France
The « no data » problem is an issue with GPS authorizations
Check if YouRace is authorised to locations when in use
If you are on watchOS 10, you can be the weird is bug that breaks localization authorization unless you reset it on the iPhone. I have spent one week to find that. Notification process is completely broken.
The only solution is to reset localization settings on the iPhone with this procedure:
go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [device], tap Reset, then tap Reset Location & Privacy. When your location and privacy settings are reset, apps will stop using your location until you grant them permission.

For your second question, there is a YouRace setting to force « ding » notifications in headsets

Last edited:

rbart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
France
When it’s ready !
I plan to push it in beta test this week.
But I have some improvements to make before.
To be clear : it’s not offline maps, I use Apple MapKit which provides offline maps for the iPhone but not for the watch.
But it remains useful in lot of situations !

Reactions: kecinzer

kecinzer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2015
Czech republic
When it’s ready !
I plan to push it in beta test this week.
But I have some improvements to make before.
To be clear : it’s not offline maps, I use Apple MapKit which provides offline maps for the iPhone but not for the watch.
But it remains useful in lot of situations !
This should be very interesting. Normally I use Apple Workouts when I run where I know it and when I run something unknown, I use WOD. But I don't like it complexity and battery consumption.
Your app is very clean, light and fast. I have LTE in Watch, so I can't wait to test it 😄.

Reactions: rbart

chalmers4three

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2012
loving this app! A couple requests

1) personal best: i would love to be able to track my personal best for different runs. i.e. - 1 mile, 2 mile, 5k, 5 mile, etc.
2) run against myself: it would be nice to run against my personal bests. maybe have it show my time ahead or behind by personal best for different runs.

just some suggestions.

thanks again for an awesome app!

Reactions: rbart

rbart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
France
Thanks for your feedback.
It's something I can add, for the moment, I have done very little work around statistics, because most people use other platforms or apps that are really powerful for that, and I don't want to fight against that.
It's in my todo list, but I have so many things to do, not enough time and I am alone ...
So I can't promise !

chalmers4three

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2012
Thanks for your feedback.
It's something I can add, for the moment, I have done very little work around statistics, because most people use other platforms or apps that are really powerful for that, and I don't want to fight against that.
It's in my todo list, but I have so many things to do, not enough time and I am alone ...
So I can't promise !

totally get it and i respect that you are trying to be different from the 100 other running apps out there but I think personal stats should be a must for any app. Again, love what you are doing and i look forward to what you have in the pipeline!

rbart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
France
totally get it and i respect that you are trying to be different from the 100 other running apps out there but I think personal stats should be a must for any app. Again, love what you are doing and i look forward to what you have in the pipeline!
Maybe I have not be clear, but for now I recommend to use YouRace with another app like @HealthFit or Strava or other workout platform.
It’s very hard to compete against these amazing platforms for statistics but YouRace is very good on the wrist !

kecinzer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2015
Czech republic
Maybe I have not be clear, but for now I recommend to use YouRace with another app like @HealthFit or Strava or other workout platform.
It’s very hard to compete against these amazing platforms for statistics but YouRace is very good on the wrist !
I think you don't understand it correctly.
chalmers4three want (as I get it) to something like Stava live segments, that you can hunt your personal best during run and YouRace will display that you are +3 seconds or -2 second etc.
It's similar like stock Apple Workou has when you can select previous workout.

chalmers4three

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2012
I think you don't understand it correctly.
chalmers4three want (as I get it) to something like Stava live segments, that you can hunt your personal best during run and YouRace will display that you are +3 seconds or -2 second etc.
It's similar like stock Apple Workou has when you can select previous workout.
yeah something like that. Again, i get that rbart doesnt want to compete with the big players but I do think yourace can do a little bit more. I love it as a stand alone app. I have tried the big bloated apps like strava, runkepper and workoutdoors.....they are just too much for me as a casual runner. I also dont understand the point of having multiple apps to track stuff. Why use yourace AND strava.....just use strava? i just feel like that defeats the purpose of yourace. Maybe rbart is looking at eventually selling yourace to strava or someone to incorporate into their app. (which I wouldnt blame him)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.