Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jensend

macrumors 65816
Dec 19, 2008
Tons of ads and tracking? That would get an instant uninstall from me
I installed it on my iPad. There is one half of a banner ad at the bottom of the list of available games (the banner is too wide to fit in the narrow game selection overlay). It's an ad for cars.

That's all. Not that I like ads, but that's about as inoffensive as an ad can be. No ads during gameplay. No interstitial ads.

Tracking? I don't know. Not sure what it could track even if it wanted to.

Not that I'm defending the developer, but no need for exaggeration.

Reactions: esposimi

andreagrandi

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2020
I am worried about this too, but I have read some mixed things on it and frankly I am not knowledgeable enough to know for myself. Several people have said what you read, but I also heard several people countering that claim saying that the original emulator uses an open-source license version that allows it to be used and changed and create for profit software, by anyone, as long as they follow certain rules.
This was so legit that Apple just removed it https://www.macrumors.com/2024/04/15/apple-removes-igba-from-app-store/

mrochester

macrumors 601
Feb 8, 2009
I really wonder what Riley's plan is for Delta outside the EU

Alt Store is never going to be mainstream viable anywhere other than the EU (at least as far as we know for now).
It's too annoying and too much hassle to do the AltStore thing in regions where 3rd party App Stores aren't "allowed" by Apple

He's really kneecapping his market potential if he's only going to have Delta on AltStore
He should be bringing his apps to every store so that consumers have the choice where to buy them from.

I’m sure he wouldn’t want to look like a hypocrite and gatekeep where consumers can get his apps from.

Last edited:

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Not surprised it's a copy that spams ads. I was surprised to see in the app privacy label the stuff it tracked for seemingly no reason.

yabeweb

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2021
So much for reviewing app before letting them in the walled garden, a stolen and filled with trackers app...

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Funny how apple claims that with third party app stores it would turn into the wild west yet here we are again with them letting another scam app into their own store after their own review process. L O L...

synonys

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Funny how apple claims that with third party app stores it would turn into the wild west yet here we are again with them letting another scam app into their own store after their own review process. L O L...

How is this a scam app? Seems like it was taken down due to licensing issues due to the open source nature of the project?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.