Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Witcher 3 was the last one where I could remember where I just enjoyed walking around and taking in the scenery (like I did in Tsushima).
RDR2 for me. Loved just taking a ride to see what the world had to offer.

Still waiting on the PS5-patch for The Witcher so can't comment on that one just yet.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I own that but have never played it!
Damn, time to let loose the cowboy in you! RDR2 sucked me into the story in a way that not a lot of games have ever done... It's a slow pace game and wanted to stop after a couple of hours but continued to play because a lot of friends are big fans, and damn, am I glad I continued. One of the few 10/10 games for me. A marvelous masterpiece.

Reactions: madeirabhoy

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Damn, time to let loose the cowboy in you! RDR2 sucked me into the story in a way that not a lot of games have ever done... It's a slow pace game and wanted to stop after a couple of hours but continued to play because a lot of friends are big fans, and damn, am I glad I continued. One of the few 10/10 games for me. A marvelous masterpiece.
I got spooked by the length of time to finish and comments about how some of the systems (gun cleaning?, etc) were tedious and the intro was slow.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I got spooked by the length of time to finish and comments about how some of the systems (gun cleaning?, etc) were tedious and the intro was slow.
Yeah, it is slow. I even wanted to quit after a couple of hours, but I'm so glad I didn't. It's a wonderful game once you adapt to to slower pace, which you will. I often rode my horse from point A to B instead of using faster methods, just because the world is so beautiful and immersive, and full of random events. There are some epic moments in that game, that I've never experienced in any other game. There's a reason that every review of that game is good.

Reactions: madeirabhoy

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Yeah, it is slow. I even wanted to quit after a couple of hours, but I'm so glad I didn't. It's a wonderful game once you adapt to to slower pace, which you will. I often rode my horse from point A to B instead of using faster methods, just because the world is so beautiful and immersive, and full of random events. There are some epic moments in that game, that I've never experienced in any other game. There's a reason that every review of that game is good.
If I can survive the first several hours of Death Stranding I can survive anything!

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
If I can survive the first several hours of Death Stranding I can survive anything!
Is Death Stranding that bad? I just purchased it for $17 on Steam midweek madness. I never considered RDR2 for a personal stupid reason. When I played the 1st RDR game, I was having fun... and a good horse. When I did a side mission, I got off my horse, managed to get down a cliff by foot t o complete the mission. After the mission, I whistled for my horse... and it decided to jump off the cliff to get to me.?‍♂️
My horse died, and no way to get it back. Didn't feel like playing after that, and had no desire to buy RDR2. haha... but from what I seen, RDR2 is a beautiful game.

Back on topic... there is talk that GOT will come to PC 1st Qtr 2022... hope it happens. Still can't find a PS5 at msrp... but with PlayStation Exclusives coming to the PC, it makes waiting a lot easier.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Is Death Stranding that bad? I just purchased it for $17 on Steam midweek madness.

It's a really weird game that I'm happy I stuck with. I enjoyed the characters and even though I usually hate boss fights I loved some of them. The first several hours were so painfully tedious that I almost quit.

Reactions: erayser

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Is Death Stranding that bad? I just purchased it for $17 on Steam midweek madness.
Yes. But not in the sense that you would think (I.-e. Gameplay glitches, sound distortion, crashes, ect) Initially, when you start the game, it gives you a clear path point of your directives with your character, but once you start bridging on different tasks that send you to contact points, that’s where the narrative is completely is discombobulated. (<—That’s a fun word to say.)

I’ve said it many times, graphically, it’s a stunning game, which is exactly what you would expect if you played any type of Kojima titles in the past. I have no qualms with any of the gameplay elements, and it’s fluidity is great, with little to no issues with glitches or frame-rate problems. It’s simply just a very confusing plot, that does not fully explain what’s expected of you and at what point in the game, until you keep finishing all these side quests that open up to the main narrative. [No, you don’t have to do all the side quests, but you’re only doing yourself a disservice if you skip them.] And monotony is a word that you might want to get used to when you’re playing this game.

I tend to be over critical, so maybe some won’t agree with me, but nonetheless; this isn’t a game, it’s a ‘delivery simulator’ that doesn’t execute the ‘norm’ in open world gaming elements. And to be more specific to me, this just wasn’t the right game that I am in tune with, but other gamers that understand Kojima’s art style, will maybe appreciate this game, with the dedication.

Back on topic... there is talk that GOT will come to PC 1st Qtr 2022... hope it happens. Still can't find a PS5 at msrp... but with PlayStation Exclusives coming to the PC, it makes waiting a lot easier.
I have no doubt Ghost of Tsushima will make its way to PC, the first quarter seems a little bit early, and I could definitely see a delay or two in there.

Yeah Buddy.
8034352C-62ED-4DE9-94FF-EA8A376BCD28.jpeg

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
Yes. But not in the sense that you would think (I.-e. Gameplay glitches, sound distortion, crashes, ect) Initially, when you start the game, it gives you a clear path point of your directives with your character, but once you start bridging on different tasks that send you to contact points, that’s where the narrative is completely is discombobulated. (<—That’s a fun word to say.)

I’ve said it many times, graphically, it’s a stunning game, which is exactly what you would expect if you played any type of Kojima titles in the past. I have no qualms with any of the gameplay elements, and it’s fluidity is great, with little to no issues with glitches or frame-rate problems. It’s simply just a very confusing plot, that does not fully explain what’s expected of you and at what point in the game, until you keep finishing all these side quests that open up to the main narrative. [No, you don’t have to do all the side quests, but you’re only doing yourself a disservice if you skip them.] And monotony is a word that you might want to get used to when you’re playing this game.

I tend to be over critical, so maybe some won’t agree with me, but nonetheless; this isn’t a game, it’s a ‘delivery simulator’ that doesn’t execute the ‘norm’ in open world gaming elements. And to be more specific to me, this just wasn’t the right game that I am in tune with, but other gamers that understand Kojima’s art style, will maybe appreciate this game, with the dedication.

Thanks for your honest opinion. There are games I have opinions that some wouldn't agree with me, but I try to limit my opinions not to discourage others to try, or enjoy the game in their own way. This is what I got from your response, and I appreciate it. I'm pretty anal when it comes to side quests, and try finish them all before the PNR. I'm not very good at boss fights, so I mainly do side quests to level up to hopefully make it easier. I did all the side quests on CP2077 before starting the mains story... that's how anal I am... LOL

I have no doubt Ghost of Tsushima will make its way to PC, the first quarter seems a little bit early, and I could definitely see a delay or two in there.

Yes, I agree it's way too early. I'm just basing the dates from the Nvidia GeForce release dates leak... that they aren't denying it's real. They have a release date for "Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection" a day before the release date "Ghost of Tsushima", so I don't see it happening... but I'll be happy if it releases in the future.

Release DateTitleDeveloper
February 8, 2022Ghost of TsushimaSucker Punch Productions
May 3, 2022HELLDIVERS 2Arrowhead Games
September 30, 2022Horizon Forbidden WestGuerrilla
October 3, 2022Ratchet & ClankInsomniac Games
April 30, 2022ReturnalClimax Studios
May 1, 2022Sackboy: A Big AdventureSumo Digital Ltd.
February 7, 2022Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves CollectionNaughty Dog

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Thanks for your honest opinion. There are games I have opinions that some wouldn't agree with me, but I try to limit my opinions not to discourage others to try, or enjoy the game in their own way. This is what I got from your response, and I appreciate it. I'm pretty anal when it comes to side quests, and try finish them all before the PNR. I'm not very good at boss fights, so I mainly do side quests to level up to hopefully make it easier. I did all the side quests on CP2077 before starting the mains story... that's how anal I am... LOL

I did that too with CP but there are just an obscene amount of side quests in DS. I finally reached a point where I just said "no more" and concentrated on the main quest.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Thanks for your honest opinion. There are games I have opinions that some wouldn't agree with me, but I try to limit my opinions not to discourage others to try, or enjoy the game in their own way. This is what I got from your response, and I appreciate it. I'm pretty anal when it comes to side quests, and try finish them all before the PNR. I'm not very good at boss fights, so I mainly do side quests to level up to hopefully make it easier. I did all the side quests on CP2077 before starting the mains story... that's how anal I am... lol
There are some games that I don’t mind doing side missions, like Red Dead 2, GTA, Far Cry series, etc, because they generally are very dynamic in terms they all offer some different type of objective, that may or may not be tied into the main plot. With Death Stranding, everything literally is the same. When you look at games today, it’s not enough just to have next-Gen graphics and sound immersion, the storyline is going to have to keep the gamer drawn in with lots of variables, too much consistency without diversity is not a good thing.

My best advice to you when it comes to Death Stranding, this is not the type of game that you can start, stop and then start again, and then go to another game and then come back to Death Stranding. You’re gonna lose focus, your interest will wane, not really remembering where you left off, and what side mission ties into what. If you start this game, I would try to stay dedicated the best you can.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
There are some games that I don’t mind doing side missions, like Red Dead 2, GTA, Far Cry series, etc, because they generally are very dynamic in terms they all offer some different type of objective, that may or may not be tied into the main plot. With Death Stranding, everything literally is the same. When you look at games today, it’s not enough just to have next-Gen graphics and sound immersion, the storyline is going to have to keep the gamer drawn in with lots of variables, too much consistency without diversity is not a good thing.

My best advice to you when it comes to Death Stranding, this is not the type of game that you can start, stop and then start again, and then go to another game and then come back to Death Stranding. You’re gonna lose focus, your interest will wane, not really remembering where you left off, and what side mission ties into what. If you start this game, I would try to stay dedicated the best you can.
Thanks, I'm planning on playing it after Christmas. I am in the process of setting up my office for streaming and/or recording... mainly my Photography/Content creation edits and music... but learning how to use OBS and creating scenes. Since I have no plans on playing any other games for a while... until GOT comes out (Staying on Topic... LOL), I'll use Death Stranding to learn OBS, recording and/or livestreaming 21:9 Ultrawide on a 16:9 canvas... Hope to learn a lot while I finish the game. I'm pretty sure I'm getting RGB Mini Fridge for Christmas... gotta have drinks and snacks near by while playing the game enjoying the story.

I already installed the game to setup my initial OBS scene for the game for streaming... Hope this lay out works for 21:9 ultrawide gameplay... especially when I do my photography edits.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Thanks, I'm planning on playing it after Christmas. I am in the process of setting up my office for streaming and/or recording... mainly my Photography/Content creation edits and music... but learning how to use OBS and creating scenes. Since I have no plans on playing any other games for a while... until GOT comes out (Staying on Topic... LOL), I'll use Death Stranding to learn OBS, recording and/or livestreaming 21:9 Ultrawide on a 16:9 canvas... Hope to learn a lot while I finish the game. I'm pretty sure I'm getting RGB Mini Fridge for Christmas... gotta have drinks and snacks near by while playing the game enjoying the story.

I already installed the game to setup my initial OBS scene for the game for streaming... Hope this lay out works for 21:9 ultrawide gameplay... especially when I do my photography edits.
I was going to ask you the end result of your damaged set up, after the latter accident earlier in the year. I assume you probably replaced that monitor and glass enclosure.

One of the main highlights with Ghosts of Tsushima, once you have the ability to play that, it’s probably thee most visually striking game I’ve come across on the new GEN hardware. [I have a Samsung QLED] I imagine it’ll probably look just as equally amazing on your PC rig.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I was going to ask you the end result of your damaged set up, after the latter accident earlier in the year. I assume you probably replaced that monitor and glass enclosure.

One of the main highlights with Ghosts of Tsushima, once you have the ability to play that, it’s probably thee most visually striking game I’ve come across on the new GEN hardware. [I have a Samsung QLED] I imagine it’ll probably look just as equally amazing on your PC rig.
OMG... It cost me more than just a new monitor and case. I also replaced the flooring in our house, and bought a new motorized standing desk. Since my job allows me to work from home now, I upgraded my workspace/office a little. Not done yet, but happy with the current results.

streamoffice.jpg

As for GOT, I should have mentioned I played and finished it already on my kids PS4. I didn't do all side quests since the PS4 isn't mine... but I am looking forward to owning my own copy, and playing the heck out of it. If I had a PS5 of my own, I would bought it for that... but I don't mind waiting for the PC version now. On the PS4 it was amazing... remember when TLOU came out at the end of life of the PS3? I can only imagine how it looks on the PS5.

Reactions: Taustin Powers

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
OMG... It cost me more than just a new monitor and case. I also replaced the flooring in our house, and bought a new motorized standing desk. Since my job allows me to work from home now, I upgraded my workspace/office a little. Not done yet, but happy with the current results.

streamoffice.jpg

As for GOT, I should have mentioned I played and finished it already on my kids PS4. I didn't do all side quests since the PS4 isn't mine... but I am looking forward to owning my own copy, and playing the heck out of it. If I had a PS5 of my own, I would bought it for that... but I don't mind waiting for the PC version now. On the PS4 it was amazing... remember when TLOU came out at the end of life of the PS3? I can only imagine how it looks on the PS5.
That is thee cleanest, well-organized set up I have ever seen. Not only that, it looks like you’re in Bruce Wayne’s Batcave.😁 Seriously, your entire configuration is very well executed, and I love the color schemes in the background. You’re the definition of a true gamer and tech enthusiast at the core. Props to you.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
tv is a little high though, no? My neck is hurting just from the picture, but apart from that; awesome! And the wall decoration matching the desktop wallpapers, nice touch, very nice.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
tv is a little high though, no? My neck is hurting just from the picture, but apart from that; awesome! And the wall decoration matching the desktop wallpapers, nice touch, very nice.
Yes, it is too high for normal viewing. It's not my primary source to view things... but if I do use it... I'm further away either doing cardio on a stationary bike, or light weight lifting. I also have a Ikea Poang chair with transducers (bass shakers) mounted on it that is naturally reclined to watch movies further back... but I prefer watching it on my ultrawide monitor. It's also mounted that high because when my desk is at full standing position, my monitors are less than a few inches away from it. Not an optimal location for a TV... but I do appreciate the comment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.