Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I saved and did both endings. It was a super hard boss fight. It’s funny because while the story is incredible you know that it will have to end the way it ends. Everything leads to that road.
There was NO WAY I was going to do that boss fight again. :D :D I watched the other ending on YouTube.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I let him live, but just because I wanted him to live in shame for the rest of his life. Death would've been too easy.

I can only say I really, really, really hope Sucker Punch is going to make a prequel or sequel on the PS5. This game had almost no loading times and looked stunning. Imagine what they could do with the next Gen hardware! (or is it current Gen now?)

Reactions: Weaselboy

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
The devs were surprised by reaction to the lightning fast load times!

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I didn't really know Sucker Punch before GoT, but they sure are on my radar now and I'm willing to play whatever they decide to release now because of how good GoT was/is.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
I didn't really know Sucker Punch before GoT, but they sure are on my radar now and I'm willing to play whatever they decide to release now because of how good GoT was/is.
You should give infamous 1/2 a shot then. I got the first one as a freebie due to the PSN breach and bought the conveniently-timed sequel which released shortly after the first one was given away. Should be pretty cheap to pick up used since they’ve been around for a while.

If you like platforming games, they produced the Sly Cooper franchise too.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I think I have the first one in my library from PSN indeed. Will give it a try, probably in 2023. Still have a backlog that ridiculously long. I'm going to start Final Fantasy XV soon, then AC Valhalla, nothing planned after that.
Got The Witcher 3 & GTA5 on hold for their PS5-upgrade patch.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I think I have the first one in my library from PSN indeed. Will give it a try, probably in 2023. Still have a backlog that ridiculously long. I'm going to start Final Fantasy XV soon, then AC Valhalla, nothing planned after that.
Got The Witcher 3 & GTA5 on hold for their PS5-upgrade patch.
Side note:

GTA5 PS5 patch, flying cars is apparently part of this upgrade, upgraded vehicle dynamics, integrated race track, custom music sourcing soundtracks and regen code for more detailed environments, new missions and added main story characters, weapon mods/add-ons, the list goes on.

Ready—-Player—-One!

• Wow
Reactions: BlankStar

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I’m about 30 hours in to GoT, and while it does look pretty and have great combat. The game is ridiculously repetitive. Was thinking I’d try for the platinum but am thinking about just powering through the main campaign story and hanging this one up. Definitely put me in Team TLOU2 in the war that the internet somehow started between these two games.

Last edited:

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I’m about 30 hours in to GoT, and while it does look pretty and have great combat. The game is ridiculously repetitive. Was thinking I’d try for the platinum but am thinking about just powering through the main campaign story and hanging this one up. Definitely put me in Team TLOU2 in the war that the internet somehow started between these two games.
Each to his own I guess. I couldn't get enough of it. That does suck when you feel like you're doing the same thing over and over. I definitely hit that with AC Odyssey.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010

You think Last of us 2 is less repetitive than GOT??? !!! Last of us 2 is a more Linear version of Metal Gear with less action or gameplay ! Also you can skip the stuff you don't want to do in GOT. Like the Fox things are kind of annoying to do but you don't have to do them.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
You think Last of us 2 is less repetitive than GOT??? !!! Last of us 2 is a more Linear version of Metal Gear with less action or gameplay ! Also you can skip the stuff you don't want to do in GOT. Like the Fox things are kind of annoying to do but you don't have to do them.
Go here. Kill that. Free these 3 hostages 45 times. Main campaign is great. Side missions are a snoozefest.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
All these games have these types of padding to make them longer. The main quest is great

I mean the final boss I knew would be the real bad guy at the end.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Each to his own I guess. I couldn't get enough of it. That does suck when you feel like you're doing the same thing over and over. I definitely hit that with AC Odyssey.
I was sad when I got the Platinum. I loved the gameplay so much. Absolutely loved the challenge to kill a group of Mongol soldiers without getting hit once.

RyanWalker12

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2021
USA
People keep saying it’s AC: Japan. I’d rather let Suckerpunch create a masterpiece than let Ubisoft get their greedy little hands on it. I know this is going to be a Western interpretation of Japan’s feudal era- but maybe that’s exactly why it’s gonna work. Who’s ready for some samurai action??? Who’s ready to become the ghost?!

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
fine with $20 for the DLC but $10 to upgrade a year old game.... a bit much.

I'll wait till Black Friday and hope the game is $40 for the PS4 version

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
fine with $20 for the DLC but $10 to upgrade a year old game.... a bit much.
$10 is hardly a ‘bit much’ for one of the best games of the year for 2020. That’s _less_ than a dollar a month that they’re charging to play one of the best titles that scored almost perfect in the gaming industry.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
⬆️ It looks like it’s been prematurely released already for some. (Not surprising). Totally worth the extra ~$20, considering G.O.T. was rated at the top almost a year ago.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I got a digital pre-order so the clock is slowly ticking... Must admit I'll have to take a look at those stances and stuff again because picking up those controls again will take some effort.
Had the same with the FF7R DLC, playing with maxed characters with all abilities and skills when you don't even remember what the square and triangle buttons do, is kinda hard...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.