Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Y'all I didn't say the graphics look better. I said the game was jaw dropping at a higher framerate. I've got a PS4 Pro and you guys were making me think I was crazy. :D This says that PS4 Pro is 30 FPS.

I'm still really glad I paused the campaign and am continuing on PS5.

Reactions: Weaselboy

breezyf808

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
I am now rethinking about my ps5 now.
I already got the series X, but still have my PS 4 pro (which i am having hard time to sell.)
I might just keep the ps4 pro and sell off my ps5 since there isn’t any new games that catches my attention for the ps5.
Graphic-wise, I will be getting the a newer tv, but it will be a 4K with only 60hz; so I won’t be getting the advantage for the ps5.
As for faster loading times, I don’t mind it being a half minute slower on my PS4 pro compared to the ps5.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I really don't notice the difference between 30 and 60 fps... Always felt it was really smooth on the PS4. Maybe I should hook up my PS4 again and play it again, maybe I just got used to it real fast. I got the platinum in Astro's Playroom before starting up GoT again...

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I really don't notice the difference between 30 and 60 fps... Always felt it was really smooth on the PS4. Maybe I should hook up my PS4 again and play it again, maybe I just got used to it real fast. I got the platinum in Astro's Playroom before starting up GoT again...
Maybe time for new glasses? :cool:

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Maybe time for new glasses? :cool:
Or a bigger tv. I'm slowly trying to convince the misses that a 65" tv is a small tv and that we'd benefit from a bigger one. Not a lot of success so far because most of her friends have 55" tv's at home... :-(

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Or a bigger tv. I'm slowly trying to convince the misses that a 65" tv is a small tv and that we'd benefit from a bigger one. Not a lot of success so far because most of her friends have 55" tv's at home... :-(
Dang son! Remember us 55's when you go to 75.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Dang son! Remember us 55's when you go to 75.
You also play on one of those little 55" tv's? How cute! Reminds me of playing games on my iPad. ?

Problem is, you always want to go bigger. Got this 65" 4K HDR Philips Ambilight (apparently not sold in the US) with the build-in LED's on the back. Awesome tv, but since our new home should be ready around march, our new living room will be bigger, so I'm trying to convince my girl that we need a 75" at least now... And I am afraid to look up the prices, but would love a 120Hz one for the PS5... But the budget will probably convince me that it's an unwanted feature :p

• Haha
Reactions: MisterSavage

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Problem is, you always want to go bigger. Got this 65" 4K HDR Philips Ambilight (apparently not sold in the US) with the build-in LED's on the back.

I don't understand why more TV's don't have this. Once you get used to bias lighting it's hard to imagine not having it.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I don't understand why more TV's don't have this. Once you get used to bias lighting it's hard to imagine not having it.
Yeah, and I don’t get why Philips isn’t selling the ambilight tv’s in the US, read you guys need to buy some overpriced sync box and stuff. Upside is you can hook that up to any tv, but still...
My ambilight also has the Hue sync feature build-in so the other Hue lights all “dance” with the tv.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Yeah, and I don’t get why Philips isn’t selling the ambilight tv’s in the US, read you guys need to buy some overpriced sync box and stuff. Upside is you can hook that up to any tv, but still...
My ambilight also has the Hue sync feature build-in so the other Hue lights all “dance” with the tv.

Good bias lighting is actually cheap. I got a Luminoodle for $25 that sticks to the back of the tv. The problem is that they connect to the USB port on the back of the TV and some TV's keep that port on even when the TV is off. To fix that you need to pay a little more for one with an on/off switch or that uses AC power.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I can't believe I'm thinking of trying for the platinum. I had to do the standoff streak trophy yesterday, which was a completely foreign concept to this stealth player. :D

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I can't believe I'm thinking of trying for the platinum. I had to do the standoff streak trophy yesterday, which was a completely foreign concept to this stealth player. :D
Go for it! I didn't find the trophy very hard to get. My hardest one, was to find a cliff to start Mongol flying lessons. (PS he did great during flight but failed in the end by not slowing down before hitting the rocks below. Such a shame, I saw great potential)

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
I am now rethinking about my ps5 now.
I already got the series X, but still have my PS 4 pro (which i am having hard time to sell.)
I might just keep the ps4 pro and sell off my ps5 since there isn’t any new games that catches my attention for the ps5.
Graphic-wise, I will be getting the a newer tv, but it will be a 4K with only 60hz; so I won’t be getting the advantage for the ps5.
As for faster loading times, I don’t mind it being a half minute slower on my PS4 pro compared to the ps5.
I see no difference between my old ps4 pro and the ps5 with this game and most ps4 games.

the new Xbox actually makes older games look better. Like a dvd upscaler on the 1st blu ray players

don’t think these systems are worth it until games are done exclusively for the system

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Go for it! I didn't find the trophy very hard to get. My hardest one, was to find a cliff to start Mongol flying lessons. (PS he did great during flight but failed in the end by not slowing down before hitting the rocks below. Such a shame, I saw great potential)

Lol, poor guy!

I see no difference between my old ps4 pro and the ps5 with this game and most ps4 games.

the new Xbox actually makes older games look better. Like a dvd upscaler on the 1st blu ray players

don’t think these systems are worth it until games are done exclusively for the system

The cutscenes look similar to me but the gameplay portions look much smoother. I'm still really happy I waited to play the end on PS5.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Wait, if that's the one to kill a mongol with fall damage I actually got that one yesterday without even trying! I shot a guy with the hallucination dart and he was the one with the gun/cannon thing. He shot a wounded mongol, who fell off the side of a small cliff and died!

• Haha
Reactions: BlankStar

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Wait, if that's the one to kill a mongol with fall damage I actually got that one yesterday without even trying! I shot a guy with the hallucination dart and he was the one with the gun/cannon thing. He shot a wounded mongol, who fell off the side of a small cliff and died!
Yeah, I never got that one by accident, so I had to look for a cliff and kick one off :p

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Lol, poor guy!

The cutscenes look similar to me but the gameplay portions look much smoother. I'm still really happy I waited to play the end on PS5.

only game that didn’t feel like it ran smoothly on the ps4 pro was the Star Wars falls Jedi game. You would jump it would feel like it crashed then you’d fully across the screen. Couldn’t imagine playing that on a regular ps4

everything else was crazy smooth.

last of us 2 and got look like ps5 games already. The loading wasn’t that bad on either other then when you first start up the game it takes a bit.

Reactions: BlankStar

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Did you let Lord Shimura live or honor his wish for death? I let him live.
I had no idea you could mark spoilers!

I admit that I did pause but I decided to let him live. I felt that he wasn't acting maliciously but truly felt he had no choice because of his honor code. I loved how Jin said "I have no honor but I won't kill my family."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.