Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Go finish FF7R you internet-troll :p

Lol.

I still bloody love these shrines. Was investigating a question mark last night and was baffled because there seemed to be no way to climb up to it. So satisfying when I figured out how to do it.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Got the platinum trophy. Was weird to close the game and move it to my "finished"-folder. I was thinking about how Sucker Punch could make a GoT2, but then figured it would be way cooler to have a prequel. It's mentioned loads of times that the island was in some sort of chaos and that the samurai united everyone so I guess that could the setting of the prequel?

Reactions: Weaselboy

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Finished the game yesterday afternoon.

Which ending did you choose? I spared the Uncle thinking Jin had spilled enough blood and it was time for everybody to move on.

benshive

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2017
United States

Which ending did you choose? I spared the Uncle thinking Jin had spilled enough blood and it was time for everybody to move on.
I finished the game yesterday as well. Just need to do a few little things to get the platinum trophy.
I also chose to spare Shimura. Given the story's overarching theme of Jin breaking with tradition when he believes doing so will be beneficial to his family and the people of Tsushima, it felt to me like that's what he would have chosen. Maybe as Shimura continues to live his life he'll eventually grow to respect some of Jin's decisions that he initially dismissed because of his code of honor.

Last edited:

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Just read it on the Sony blog and came here to post it :-D Co-op is going to be so damn cool! Just hope I haven’t forgotten the controls by then...

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

So...onto TLOUS2 then? Or did you play G.O.T first?

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
So slow. :( You're going to need to be lightning fast if you're going to be on my samurai team!

Where's the platinum, fast guy? ;-)
I finished the game yesterday as well. Just need to do a few little things to get the platinum trophy.
I also chose to spare Shimura. Given the story's overarching theme of Jin breaking with tradition when he believes doing so will be beneficial to his family and the people of Tsushima, it felt to me like that's what he would have chosen. Maybe as Shimura continues to live his life he'll eventually grow to respect some of Jin's decisions that he initially dismissed because of his code of honor.

Same! But because I didn't want to give him the honor. Felt he should live with his failing

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Thinking back on the game, gotta ask. Why the hell couldn't anyone just leave the sliding doors open for the next guy coming out? NPC says "follow me" and then walks outside closing the door right in my face. WTH is that all about? Rude NPCs! Well, I say that......and then Jin does the same thing to some following him. And now I'm thinking "ok, we are all rude *******s in this game. got it".

I killed Shimura. I felt like that would be the more powerful ending to the story.

Last edited:

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Finished the game last night. What a ride. Absolutely loved it. Here and there room for small improvements, but nothing major. A solid story, awesome graphics for this generation and really good controls. Absolutely loved the combat.

Only have a couple of trophies left since I did a thorough playthrough so going for the platinum now :)

Next up is one from the backlog: The Witcher 3
I had to run around for about 20 minutes after I finished the story in order to dropkick someone off a cliff to get my platinum.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
It is a decent game; not without flaws.

The combat was satisfying and it scaled well as the game progressed. The drab land and skies were contrasted so beautifully by the blossom trees and the colourful samurai armour. The trailers did not do this game’s graphics justice.

I was disappointed that the game forces you into the Ghost persona so much, whereas playing samurai-style open combat is a viable play style. I avoided stealth where I could, because I liked the combat so much more. The story does not account for this at all. I felt increasingly disconnected from the character. I also think that the third act is were the game loses steam. The final confrontation with the khan was so surprisingly short and anticlimactic.

I killed him. It fitted my play style and it felt better. If Lord Shimura could accept the order to kill his nephew, no doubt he would commit seppuku (suicide) to preserve some of his honour. In all likelihood, the shogun would probably remove him from command, if not worse. If anything, killing him was the more compassionate choice for me.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Just found another way to change the colors of your existing armor. These varieties are so cool looking!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Can't afford the game yet, saving up for it

If I had known that ahead of time, I would’ve sold it to you for $20 And I would cover the shipping. The used game market is shrinking with digital becoming more dominant, and I’d rather just trade-in personally, but keep your eye out around Black Friday if you can wait, it will be slashed for sure.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
The duels in this game are crazy difficult for me. I can't imagine playing this on a higher difficulty level. I beat Kojiro last night (the last of the "six blades" duels) but it took many attempts.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
The duels in this game are crazy difficult for me. I can't imagine playing this on a higher difficulty level. I beat Kojiro last night (the last of the "six blades" duels) but it took many attempts.

3 rules
Red attack: dodge
Blue attack: parry
After a successful dodge or parry: don't be too greedy, a couple of nice hits and back TF up again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.