Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Shooting out "bring your strongest warrior to face me!" and then slash him up is pure awesomeness, and going AC-style, sneaking around and assassinating Mongols is also extremely badass!

That beginning slash you do when you do a standoff is so badass. Even though I'm stealth I can't resist calling out a group sometimes to do it. I'm getting better at switching stances but I still get confused about the different commands for switching bombs/arrows/throwing weapons, etc when I'm in combat.

I counted last night and it was taking the game 5 seconds to load when I fast travelled to the opposite side of the map. FIVE SECONDS.
[automerge]1595422253[/automerge]
I'm struggling to correctly switch stance fast enough in between opponents since they're all mixed up and often attack in turn.

The thing that really helps me is looking at the icons for the stances. If they didn't have them marked with swords, shields, etc I'd be in trouble.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I "know" the stances, but as you state, but my muscle memory isn't there yet that I can change stance fast during combat without thinking much, and there isn't much time to look at the icons to figure out which one is what.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I "know" the stances, but as you state, but my muscle memory isn't there yet that I can change stance fast during combat without thinking much, and there isn't much time to look at the icons to figure out which one is what.

They slow down time when you hold down the trigger to change stances!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Best looking PS4 game to date. From my understanding, ‘Sucker Punch’ worked an additional three months on graphic detail with foliage, weather effects and shaded surroundings. Insane amount of detail in this game.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Yeah, but I'm too psyched up sometimes when 7 Mongols are around me :-(
I can switch to the appropriate stance pretty consistently now, but there's no way I'm going to remember different combos for different stances.

I finally got around to trying out the smoke bomb last night. I was pretty near death, did a "peace out" with the smoke bomb, healed up, went right back and killed them. :cool:

Best looking PS4 game to date. From my understanding, ‘Sucker Punch’ worked an additional three months on graphic detail with foliage, weather effects and shaded surroundings. Insane amount of detail in this game.

I keep stopping to take screenshots!

th0masp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2015
From watching playthroughs it appears the 'Ghost' has no way of dragging the bodies of his victims out of sight?

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
From watching playthroughs it appears the 'Ghost' has no way of dragging the bodies of his victims out of sight?

Correct, I'm not able to drag bodies. Haven't finished to game at all so not sure if it's a skill that can be learned?

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
So far I haven't found a way. When the enemies find one they'll get all worked up but give up soon and go back to normal routines.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
So far I haven't found a way. When the enemies find one they'll get all worked up but give up soon and go back to normal routines.

Must say that the AI of the enemies is the only reason the game is no 10/10. They're stupid AF. When you get on a rooftop, openly start killing people with your bow and they spot you; you can just run out of the camp for like 20 sec, crouch is some tall grass and they'll lose you in seconds and will go back their routine in 20-30 sec max. Always found it funny in AC to leave one guy alive as a witness to my greatness and the fact that they were so retarded they didn't realise they were all alone of a sudden. Can't do that it GoT since you won't get credits for clearing the camps but yesterday I killed all but the leader since I still had to observe him first, but was thinking the same: what a fool this guy is, all alone in a camp full of stacked corpses and he's just acting like everything is cool. Nice leadership skills on this guy. :)

Reactions: Weaselboy

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I've noticed that also. In a camp yesterday I was hiding behind some boxes and picked them all off one by one with arrows. They would run over and look at their dead friend, then walk in circles twenty seconds, then resume patrol. Not the sharpest guards around. :)

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I've noticed that also. In a camp yesterday I was hiding behind some boxes and picked them all off one by one with arrows. They would run over and look at their dead friend, then walk in circles twenty seconds, then resume patrol. Not the sharpest guards around. :)
At first I was being super cautious. I got upset when the force of my arrow knocked the lookout off of his post onto the ground. "Oh no! They're going to see his body!" :rolleyes:

benshive

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2017
United States
I have a feeling this game is pretty big. I'm about 10 hours in probably and I've only completed like the first part of Jin's journey (not the first act but just the first little mission or two). I've just been exploring the first area and completing a bunch of side stuff. I'm constantly blown away by how beautiful the world is. I love how vivid the colors are and how exaggerated things like grass, leaves, etc. are. It's almost dreamlike.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I have a feeling this game is pretty big. I'm about 10 hours in probably and I've only completed like the first part of Jin's journey (not the first act but just the first little mission or two). I've just been exploring the first area and completing a bunch of side stuff. I'm constantly blown away by how beautiful the world is. I love how vivid the colors are and how exaggerated things like grass, leaves, etc. are. It's almost dreamlike.

Same experience for me. I've been playing a lot am I'm just about to finish Act 1.

Reactions: BlankStar

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I finished act 1, but completely stopped now with story advancing stuff. Need to find all the foxes and stuff first! ?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I finished act 1, but completely stopped now with story advancing stuff. Need to find all the foxes and stuff first! ?
I am in the same spot and have been doing nothing but side missions for the last two days. It feels like every time I finish a side mission, I run into another villager with the little thought bubble who lays another side mission on me. I think I have more side quests stacked up now than two days ago when I started chipping away at them.

Not complaining, because the gameplay and scenery is very enjoyable. Just an observation.

Last edited:
  • Love

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018

I did too!! I had no idea that talking to someone was going to trigger a huge Act 1-ending event. I wouldn't have done it if I had known because I was about to upgrade my freaking sword!! My previous saved game was too far back.

I really don't like boss fights in general but some of these sword duels have been really intense!

I am in the same spot and have ben doing nothing but side missions for the last two days. It feels like every time I finish a side mission, I run into another. villager with the little thought bubble who lays another side mission on me. I think I have more side quests stacked up now than two days ago when I started chipping away at them.

I want to do the same thing now and just side-quest it for a while. I wanted to get all the different armors so I was more main-quest focused for a while.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Wanted to share some of my favorite self made screenshots;

Ghost of Tsushima_20200718202439.png
Ghost of Tsushima_20200720131319.png
Ghost of Tsushima_20200721094414.png
Ghost of Tsushima_20200721100845.png
Ghost of Tsushima_20200721203948.png

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
I'm loving the combat more than anything else. I've got to the point that I don't care about stealth at all. I just waltz into Mongol territory and say "bring it on, bitches". Then I'm just switching my stances to match my enemy, parrying them left and right while looking extremely cool doing so. And then I'll jump on rooftop and fire a couple of *historically accurate* explosive arrows down on these guys. Jump down and hurl some kunai and then hack up these staggered goofballs. Finally time to go after these archers who have been doing their hardest to pummel me with arrows all this time. Hack. Slash. And they fall.

I am Samurai. :cool:

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
And then I'll jump on rooftop and fire a couple of *historically accurate* explosive arrows down on these guys.
I am still stealth when I can but I was fighting a huge group of guys and wanted to throw a bomb in the middle of them. I accidentally shot a historically accurate explosive arrow into the middle of them and was quite pleased how well that worked!

Reactions: TopherMan12

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
I am still stealth when I can but I was fighting a huge group of guys and wanted to throw a bomb in the middle of them. I accidentally shot a historically accurate explosive arrow into the middle of them and was quite pleased how well that worked!

lol....I've done that a few times. Just going to take this one guy out stealthily with a well placed arrow....nice, quiet and.....oh crap wrong arrow! KABOOM!

• Haha
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.