Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Another issue I have with the duels is that I'm a stealth player. Probably what I should have done for all these Kojiro duels was switch up my charms and armor for a melee build. I just went charging in with what I had equipped.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Oh for Pete's sake. I've been all over the place with what missions I'm doing. I just now got the flaming arrows from a mission, which would have been SUPER USEFUL during a lot of quests. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: BlankStar

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
This game is amazing!!! Best I have played since Last of us 1 on Ps3.

Sony went to Sucker Punch and said make us a Zelda for adults!!

It’s a much much better version of Zelda.

the Duels are awesome and the its great you can approach missions in multiple ways. As a ninja, samuari or a psycho just throwing grenades and explosive arrows :)

my only knock on the game is I hate when you finish a mission it loads for like 15-30 seconds. It’s also a bit buggy.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Another issue I have with the duels is that I'm a stealth player. Probably what I should have done for all these Kojiro duels was switch up my charms and armor for a melee build. I just went charging in with what I had equipped.

That was my biggest issue with the game, not being able to make some predefined sets of armor/charms like in assassin's creed odyssey. I'm pretty sure several hours of my gametime went to changing outfits (didn't bother the charms). I would've loved to have a stealth, ranged, melee & duel set.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
That was my biggest issue with the game, not being able to make some predefined sets of armor/charms like in assassin's creed odyssey. I'm pretty sure several hours of my gametime went to changing outfits (didn't bother the charms). I would've loved to have a stealth, ranged, melee & duel set.

I absolutely love how the Sakai armor looks but I don't wear it because the bonus is useless to me as a stealth player.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I absolutely love how the Sakai armor looks but I don't wear it because the bonus is useless to me as a stealth player.

Yeah, I had the same, didn't use some armor just because I couldn't be bothered to change everything. Like all the bow-missions you had, I never bother changing gear, yet with predefined sets I sure would've. Or just to switch between travelers attire and ghost armor.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
This Legends update is massive. I had no clue they would be handing out so much content for free. Played some co-ops with a friend and really enjoying it!

breezyf808

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
Game is on sale for $40
Should I pick it up now or wait till it drops possibly on Black Friday?
Not in a rush since plenty of back log

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Game is on sale for $40
If you’re going to add it to the backlog; wait some more. Black Friday is just around the corner.

I’ve bought me Days Gone last summer in a sale. Haven’t touched it yet and now we’re getting it for free in a couple of weeks in the PS+ collection. #lessonlearned

breezyf808

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
If you’re going to add it to the backlog; wait some more. Black Friday is just around the corner.

I’ve bought me Days Gone last summer in a sale. Haven’t touched it yet and now we’re getting it for free in a couple of weeks in the PS+ collection. #lessonlearned
Isn’t the PS+ collection only for launch PS5 owners?
I won’t be upgrading due to a birthday-given ps4 pro this past July w/ year sub of PS Now😳
But I’ll just wait if there’s any deals this holiday season.
Just bought SW Squadrons for $30 yesterday and having fun playing it in VR.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Game is on sale for $40

You can always wait longer and pay less. I only buy games if I want to play them right at that moment these days. Otherwise I wait.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009

Days Gone is the december PS Plus title? Excellent!

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Isn’t the PS+ collection only for launch PS5 owners?
Not sure, but I’ve scored a pre-order so I’m getting it for free anyways. So wasted money on my part.
I've been dragging my feet on playing Act 3 because I want to play it on my PS5!
Oh man, don’t, the loading screens are already fast on the PS4 and graphics are awesome. The ending is really cool, so just finish it 🙂
Days Gone is the december PS Plus title? Excellent!
Nope, it’s part of the PS+ Collection.

From the Sony Playstation blog;

PlayStation Plus members will be able to enjoy a special new offering on the PS5 console – the PlayStation Plus Collection. PS5 console owners with PlayStation Plus will be able to redeem and play a curated library of PS4 games that defined the generation, like Batman Arkham Knight, Bloodborne, Fallout 4, God of War, Monster Hunter: World, Persona 5 and many more.

The PlayStation Plus Collection will be available* on November 12 when the PS5 console launches in the U.S., Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea, and November 19 when the PS5 console launches throughout the rest of the world, including Europe, Middle East, South America, Asia and South Africa.

Here are the games available in the PlayStation Plus Collection.

From Worldwide Studios:

• Bloodborne
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • God of War
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Until Dawn
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
From our third-party publishers and developers:

• Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Battlefield 1
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Zombies Chronicles Edition
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
  • Monster Hunter: World
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Persona 5
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard
The PlayStation Plus Collection will be an added benefit to the existing PS4 benefits that PlayStation Plus members receive for a single subscription price – no additional membership fee required. Once you redeem a game from the PlayStation Plus Collection, you can keep the games for as long as you are an active PlayStation Plus member. PS4 games redeemed from the PlayStation Plus Collection and played on the PS5 console will see benefits such as increased loading speed and improved or more stable framerates with PS5’s Game Boost****.

Reactions: breezyf808

breezyf808

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
I am wondering if someone could not secure a preorder nor get one on launch day, will they be able to get the ps+ collection (if ps5 was bought in December)?

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
You forget that I'll have a PS5 next week. ;)

Even if you’d get it tomorrow, don’t wait for it. The game is too good to be left unplayed. And it’s not getting a “real” PS5-patch, just an unlock for a higher framerate and faster loading, and since that games framerate is already awesome and the loading really fast: need to wait.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I am SO glad that I took a break from the campaign and waited for PS5. The game is jaw dropping at the higher framerate.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I might go for a platinum trophy. If you need help just ask.
Played some GoT Legends with a friend on my PS5 and must honestly say I didn't see that much difference with the PS4 Pro. The graphics were already nice and the loading times were fast. My GoT platinum is already covered in dust :p Trying to get the Legends trophies now, but only when a friend of mine is online. I don't like playing with randoms.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Exactly....

i see no difference in GOT graphics at all since I had a ps4 pro. The character models clothing looks brighter in fallout 4 but that could be I haven’t played it in a while and have an Oled now.

the Xbox X actually upscales old games. The ps5 just makes them run faster. I would prefer if it made games look better than faster load times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.