Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
I got a digital pre-order so the clock is slowly ticking... Must admit I'll have to take a look at those stances and stuff again because picking up those controls again will take some effort.
Had the same with the FF7R DLC, playing with maxed characters with all abilities and skills when you don't even remember what the square and triangle buttons do, is kinda hard...
In cases like this, I start a new save to reacquaint myself with the controls, then go back to my master save once I’m comfortable with the controls again.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
That is literally the story of my life. I put off playing the third Witcher DLC for months because I was dreading memorizing all of the shortcuts for the signs again. I, of course, have forgotten all of the Tsushima stances.

Reactions: BlankStar

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
That is literally the story of my life. I put off playing the third Witcher DLC for months because I was dreading memorizing all of the shortcuts for the signs again. I, of course, have forgotten all of the Tsushima stances.

No, just say you're waiting on the PS5-upgrade patch.

Games should always have an option to play a tutorial that teaches you all the controls again...

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Three screenshots I made myself on the island of Iki (PS5)

IMG_0938.JPG
IMG_0940.JPG
IMG_0941.JPG

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I was dreading hitting my first duel in the DLC because I remember how hard they were and I'm so rusty. I was getting massacred but I finally got through it when I remembered to change my armor and charms.

Reactions: Weaselboy

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
I was dreading hitting my first duel in the DLC because I remember how hard they were and I'm so rusty. I was getting massacred but I finally got through it when I remembered to change my armor and charms.
It’s been so long since I last played that I just started a new play through. Just made it to Act III of the base game. I’ll get to Iki eventually.

Reactions: MisterSavage

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
It’s been so long since I last played that I just started a new play through. Just made it to Act III of the base game. I’ll get to Iki eventually.
I was actually tempted to do that. I think when I finish Iki I'm going to go back to the main game and gather all the collectibles so I can take in the sights again.

There are just some jaw-dropping locations on Iki Island!

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Good plan. Iki Island has some powerful enemies and being further along in the main game will make you more powerful and better prepared for Iki.

When you get to Iki and get into battle you will notice a shaman fellow off to the side chanting. As long as he is alive and chanting it makes it rough to kill the Mongols. So run around and find the shaman first thing in any battle and kill him, then it is much easier to kill the remaining Mongols.

As long as the shaman is chanting you will see a small sort of aura around each mongol. There is a much larger aura around the shaman making it fairly easy to pinpoint him and kill him.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Good plan. Iki Island has some powerful enemies and being further along in the main game will make you more powerful and better prepared for Iki.

When you get to Iki and get into battle you will notice a shaman fellow off to the side chanting. As long as he is alive and chanting it makes it rough to kill the Mongols. So run around and find the shaman first thing in any battle and kill him, then it is much easier to kill the remaining Mongols.

As long as the shaman is chanting you will see a small sort of aura around each mongol. There is a much larger aura around the shaman making it fairly easy to pinpoint him and kill him.
I have my platinum save, I just started a new save to reacquaint myself with the controls but had so much fun that I’ve kept going. :)

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018

That fool gets one of my poison darts every time!

• Haha

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
After finishing the DLC 100% I can only dream of GoT 2. This game is so awesome... I don't bother taking screenshots in games, let alone use the photo mode, but this game makes me stop to take in the sights and take photos more than anything.
And nothing more satisfying than walking into a Mongol encampment alone and take'm all out with well timed blocks/dodges and chopping them all up.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I'm so glad that they toned down weather reacting to how you play. I'm a dishonorable ghost and I don't need to play in a constant thunderstorm. Let me live my live without judgement! :D

I never figured it out either. Here is a link to a walkthrough I finally found.

Thanks! I looked up how to activate the hidden archery challenge and I never would have found that.

And nothing more satisfying than walking into a Mongol encampment alone and take'm all out with well timed blocks/dodges and chopping them all up.

Incorrect. Watching them kill each other and then stabbing the survivors in the back is more satisfying. ;)

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
You know the different flute songs affect the weather too? You can make the sun shine if you’ve collected enough crickets to unlock the proper song.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
This game is a total masterpiece. I've put a lot of hours into the Legends mode too. Survival rounds are great and I'm looking forward to them unlocking the two new maps. I was hoping it might happen this morning actually, it seems that Thursday mornings are "content unlock" windows for the game. Hopefully next week.

No luck on the new Trials of Iyo yet though. :D

• Love
Reactions: BlankStar

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
bit of advice if anyone has an opinion.

played the basic game through to completion. bought the directors cut

figured It’s best to play again rather than just go back to a save game.

shoukd I play as game+ or normal ?

in some ways i wish I could play normal for the new island and game+ for the stuff I’ve already done

it seems a daft question but I can’t start until I decide

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
bit of advice if anyone has an opinion.

played the basic game through to completion. bought the directors cut

figured It’s best to play again rather than just go back to a save game.

shoukd I play as game+ or normal ?

in some ways i wish I could play normal for the new island and game+ for the stuff I’ve already done

it seems a daft question but I can’t start until I decide

New Game + through to Act 2 or further. Then upgrade your Katana and favourite armour before you go to Iki Island, NG+ adds some extra upgrades.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.