Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
Is it light on the inside of the screen that you are referring to? I know with the quest 3 there is glare that comes from the inside screen hitting the pancake lenses. It’s very noticeable in dark screen conditions.

Reactions: Surfer13134

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
Yes like I opened the iMax app and put on the space movie and it showed like a star in the center and the rest of the screen was just rounded glare of that light hitting the lens inside

Reactions: Jeff3f

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
It reminds me of when my quest 2 get fogged up inside from the lenses being cold except i wiped These and wore it so long it should be fine. Would truly suck watching a full Movie like that

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I can 100% guarantee you that you didn’t get it fitted in an Apple Store.

Set up an appointment and get your correct seal. I just saw 5 people come in here because of that. lol. Then magically, they are like oh wow…it’s much better now.

bobtamboo

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2021
Newbury, UK
Brian tong mentions this at 41:38 in regard to reflections (when he was watching films in a dark room but seems fine in brighter environments 🤷). Is it along those lines of what he mentions or different?

Reactions: ghsDUDE

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Is it light on the inside of the screen that you are referring to? I know with the quest 3 there is glare that comes from the inside screen hitting the pancake lenses. It’s very noticeable in dark screen conditions.
Yes all Quest 3 have that issue due to the pancake lenses. If the AVP has the same issue it’s going back. No way I’m dealing with that again.

I can deal with it on my Quest 3 because way cheaper and for gaming it’s not an issue. But for movie watching I found it way too distracting.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I can 100% guarantee you that you didn’t get it fitted in an Apple Store.

Set up an appointment and get your correct seal. I just saw 5 people come in here because of that. lol. Then magically, they are like oh wow…it’s much better now.
I can 99% guarantee that the glare is nothing to with anything outside coming in, but rather inside coming out. It sounds just like the Quest 3 pancake lens issue. It glares even in a pitch black room.

My AVP should be here any moment today, so I’ll report back on this because I know exactly what the OP is talking about (if we’re talking about the same thing).

macguy360

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2011
...and here. we. go!!

Oh it's going to be quite a ride on the forums these next few days as normal folks who bought AVP realize Apple overhyped this to the MAX
Haha yeah. With such a high price the buyers remorse will be strong. I imagine the return factor will be much higher with this than people who bought meta quest and then returned.

The real question will be does Apple have a way to refurb them in house to make them new again and sell as new.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
I’ve been using my Vision Pro for about an hour now, and the glare is horrible. It’s not from outside it’s a glare from the inside from the lights of the screens. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Some reviewers have noted that high-contrast content is causing glare. This was in reference to pass-through content (bright windows or similar), but would of course also apply to VR content.

nathan_reilly

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2016
Haha yeah. With such a high price the buyers remorse will be strong. I imagine the return factor will be much higher with this than people who bought meta quest and then returned.

The real question will be does Apple have a way to refurb them in house to make them new again and sell as new.
I'm sure they'll figure it out. They always do. *edit* they will NOT refurbish and sell as new. They NEVER do this. Refurb sold as refurb.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I can 99% guarantee that the glare is nothing to with anything outside coming in, but rather inside coming out. It sounds just like the Quest 3 pancake lens issue. It glares even in a pitch black room.

My AVP should be here any moment today, so I’ll report back on this because I know exactly what the OP is talking about (if we’re talking about the same thing).
Just an observation from being an Apple Store since 630AM today. :)

Reactions: odanrot

turbineseaplane

macrumors Pentium
Mar 19, 2008
One report of a glare from a device that probably wasn't fitted right and this is the conclusion?

It's not a "conclusion", but simply knowing that this category of device has very very very subjective experiences for folks. Far too many folks over excited about this are mainly that way because "Apple. something..something"

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
Why wouldn't you see it during the demo?
I didn’t have a demo. I just got it in the mail this mornings based on turning it off and still seeing multiple points of refracted light I think it is the light seal so I just ordered a replacement of a narrow one. Hopefully that fixes the issue because the Apple stores are all booked up big time. My only worry is that this still happened when I was in a totally dark room. I will say that Apple phone support was very helpful and nice today like the old days

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I didn’t have a demo. I just got it in the mail this mornings based on turning it off and still seeing multiple points of refracted light I think it is the light seal so I just ordered a replacement of a narrow one. Hopefully that fixes the issue because the Apple stores are all booked up big time. My only worry is that this still happened when I was in a totally dark room. I will say that Apple phone support was very helpful and nice today like the old days
If it happened in a totally dark room it's nothing to do with the light seal, obviously! The light seal keeps light from getting in, not from getting out. This issue sounds internal - to do with the lenses refracting light from the micro OLED displays, and again - this sound suspiciously like the issue with the Quest 3. I'll be returning it if so.

Come on, UPS!

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
If it happened in a totally dark room it's nothing to do with the light seal, obviously! The light seal keeps light from getting in, not from getting out. This issue sounds internal - to do with the lenses refracting light from the micro OLED displays, and again - this sound suspiciously like the issue with the Quest 3. I'll be returning it if so.

Come on, UPS!
How does the glare compare in quest 3 vs 2? If you have tried the 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.