Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
And for some reason people, like you, seem to take great joy in this. I'll never understand it.

-dan

Sorry to disappoint you Dan

My frustration with this is all the energy Apple is spending on it (wasted in my view), at the expense of any number of other things many of us would like to see improved, updated, bug fixed, etc

erikkfi

macrumors 68000
May 19, 2017
I've had this issue on my PSVR2. It seems to be the light coming from the screens and refracting off of either the built-in lenses or the corrective lenses I installed. For PSVR2 it's just... part of the deal. I'd be surprised if a proper fitting doesn't resolve it for the ultra-expensive AVP. If this is a widespread issue, people are going to be disappointed.

It doesn't matter for PSVR2 because it costs 1/7th what the AVP does.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I've had this issue on my PSVR2. It seems to be the light coming from the screens and refracting off of either the built-in lenses or the corrective lenses I installed. For PSVR2 it's just... part of the deal. I'd be surprised if a proper fitting doesn't resolve it for the ultra-expensive AVP. If this is a widespread issue, people are going to be disappointed.

That's exactly what it is on PSVR2. I'm really kind of dreading the potential disappointment this afternoon when I get the AVP. Ugh.

• Sad
Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

Jony Ive

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
I’ve been using my Vision Pro for about an hour now, and the glare is horrible. It’s not from outside it’s a glare from the inside from the lights of the screens. Does anyone know how to fix this?
That inherent from vr Headsets

Still no magic to solve this glare

Reactions: turbineseaplane

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
Sorry to disappoint you Dan

My frustration with this is all the energy Apple is spending on it (wasted in my view), at the expense of any number of other things many of us would like to see improved, updated, bug fixed, etc
Because as everyone knows, Apple products were absolutely bug free before June 5.
And there were absolutely no product lines that went years without updates because more successful products were what was important at the time, oh no sir.

sunny5

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2021
I’ve been using my Vision Pro for about an hour now, and the glare is horrible. It’s not from outside it’s a glare from the inside from the lights of the screens. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Any examples?

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
thats why i figured its gonna be going bacl i knee my house would be way to dark, this is really good in a studio type environment, but in the light most of us are used to, the quest 3 fits the bill a bit better

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma

yeah i think its worse when you wear lenses of have lenses between the device and your eyes,

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Yes all Quest 3 have that issue due to the pancake lenses. If the AVP has the same issue it’s going back. No way I’m dealing with that again.

I can deal with it on my Quest 3 because way cheaper and for gaming it’s not an issue. But for movie watching I found it way too distracting.

It’s there. I noticed it right away.

tobyringle69

macrumors regular
May 13, 2015
I read about these small glares from a reviewer. I can confirm I have experienced this as well. Most obvious when you are watching a movie in a dark immersive environment. Nothing to do with light seal, but simply the nature of the lenses.

Reactions: DeepStuff

aParkerMusic

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2021
What I’m experiencing is a lot of white haziness around my field of vision when watching a movie in the cinema environment, and when looking at bright white windows like a safari webpage. But even still a little haziness in other circumstances.
there is no light coming in from the sides, I’ve blocked out the sides to be sure, and no change. And it’s even worse in a totally dark room. So light leaking from outside isn’t the issue.

I’m using it in a warmly-lit, but well-lit, room in my home.

I guess I tried my friend’s device in a daytime setting, so maybe all that more natural white light counteracted this? I dunno. All I can say is that this can’t possibly be the intended experience, because this isn’t enjoyable. There’s a white haze all around…it’s terrible to look at.

Feeling very bummed if this is the expected experience.

Reactions: mdmt619

jqc

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
I have the same thing. Pretty bad. I got fitted at store. At store it was noticeable but not that bad. At home it was terrible. Only got to play around at home for about 20 mins so will mess with the fitting I get back home tonight. If it stays that bad it’s definitely going back.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I have the same thing. Pretty bad. I got fitted at store. At store it was noticeable but not that bad. At home it was terrible. Only got to play around at home for about 20 mins so will mess with the fitting I get back home tonight. If it stays that bad it’s definitely going back.
You tried in a pitch black room to confirm it's the glare from the screens inside? If so, I hear you. It's something I'm dreading.

aParkerMusic

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2021
You tried in a pitch black room to confirm it's the glare from the screens inside? If so, I hear you. It's something I'm dreading.
I tried it in pitch black, and had the same experience. I’m praying there are defective units out and about. Because this would be a huge hit to usability if this is the experience we can expect :(

Other apps and elements are fine. it’s the bright white ones

jqc

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
It’s DEFINITELY glare from screens inside. Btw when I was doing demo in Apple store, there was light filtering in through the sides of the fitted thing. Not through cracks but through it (it’s a mesh like matetial). when I pointed this out they said it was normal.

Reactions: falainber

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
Brian tong mentions this at 41:38 in regard to reflections (when he was watching films in a dark room but seems fine in brighter environments 🤷). Is it along those lines of what he mentions or different?

I am using mine right now. I had no issues during the day, but at night I see a halo type glare. I would a say this is a deal breaker for watching movies at night…In the day I could go to cinema mode and it was perfect, at night, it’s almost like the screens inside are causing some type of reflective halo.

Last edited:

rchornef

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2023
I am using mine right now. I had no issues during the day, but at night I see a halo type glare. I would a say this is a deal breaker for watching movies at night…I the day I could go to cinema mode and it was perfect, at night, it’s almost like the screens inside are causing some type of reflective halo.
Sounds like light artifacts from a lens implant after cataract surgery. . .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.