Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BD1

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
What sticker if you don’t mind me asking? Got a leather apple case for my sierra blue 13pm and will be going back. It feels cheap and while it adds more grip it is not worth the $60

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I agree. I baby my iPhones and can afford them. I don’t feel like going to the Apple store to get the screen replaced or the phone for something that could’ve been prevented by using a screen protector and case. I also don’t have time to just up and go. I’m taking a chance using a bumper on my 12 Pro Max, but I’m also using a glass screen protector, glass protector on the back as well as lens protectors, and have AppleCare+. I like having the peace and mind.

Yes! I don’t want to go to an Apple Store and get it replaced because I didn’t care. And the downtime and everything involved - it takes time to get back up - even if some hours.

Bodhitree

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
I’ve always used my phones caseless, back to the old Motorola ones I used to carry before my first iPhone (a 3G). Never dropped a phone, or had a real problem from scratches.

I do always carry my phone by itself in my front right trouser pocket, with nothing else in the pocket. I basically do not want the extra weight and bulk of a case, or the inconvenience of opening a case when I want to take a quick photo.

Reactions: tis

John981

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2017
I‘m way too paranoid to not use a case and screen protector on my phones.

I get why people don‘t, I like the look of the phone without the case, too. But at the end of the day I couldn‘t justify not using a case on such an expensive device. It‘s such a simple measure that can potentially save you the 500€-600€ repair bill that Apple charges for particularly bad damage.

For the iPhone 13 Pro I even got Apple Care+ in addition to using the protective measures. I just like the peace of mind of knowing that the device is well protected and even in the worst case, I only have a small repair fee to worry about.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I use my iPhone naked most of the time. I have a very affordable silicone case for the few times when I need additional protection and it comes off afterwards.

dmaxdmax

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2006
I just put a clear Spigen case on my 13 promax. Looks and feels great and if someone ever borrows my phone I don’t have to pay attention to how he handles it.

azhava

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2010
Arizona, USA
I don't ever go caseless with my iPhones, but that's because of my lifestyle and how/where I use my phone. For others, going caseless may be fine. We all use our phones differently.

Reactions: StaceyMJ86
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.