Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/787/787729p1.html

Impressions, screenshots, video, the whole sheebang!

Overall it sounds really quite fun, Halo 2 was a blast online (unlike the single player :() so one would expect 3 to build on it. Bubble shields are groovy and it sounds like Bungie kinda ripped off the Hammer of Dawn from GoW but as long as it works.

I am a little 'meh' about the visuals, looks like it runs super smooth (unlike the demo from Area 51) but nothing to write home about. Oh well, I still wish I had gotten a Beta code somehow...

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
This looks so good. I'm much more a Half Life fan, but this is probably going to be the pinnacle console FPS experience. I'm hoping for the 65nm update and Halo 3 to be released near each other 'cuz I'll see you (and probably lose) on the battle field.

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
Actually Crackdown is a really fun game. My friend bought a 360 Premium and Crackdown last week mainly for the beta, and he said he's been playing it non-stop all week, and that its an awesome game. I played it today with him, and I agree, its pretty cool. Definitely something I'll have to pick up when I step into this generation of consoles. :cool:

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
You don't need to buy Crackdown, just rent it, I'm pretty sure you just need the Crackdown disc. Crackdown is a good game though. Beta should be fun, the videos that have been coming out look awesome.

suneohair

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2006
I think I will rent myself a copy sometime before it starts :)

Do all copies of crackdown have it though?

sb58

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2006
Hades
nope. gotta say it on the box. i don't think the rentables have it... not sure.

suneohair

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2006
Hmm, I think I will go get one and see.

hey Sb, i sent you a friend request to play gears sometime.

suneohair

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2006
Just picked up a copy of Crackdown from Blockbuster, it has the Beta.

I even got it for free by signing up for a 2 week trial of their online/B&M movie service. :p

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
hm i don't know but those beta screenshots range in quality quite a lot
some with snow and buildings look great but the others with plants and without buildings look like the game a few years old

i'm no expert on the halo series but graphically i thought they were going to do more

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Anyone with an extra invite? i need one desperately. Thanks in advance.

I won an invitation to the beta a while ago (but have already bought crackdown anyway) but it is not meant to be sent out until the beta goes live. Should it turn up at that time, I'll pm the code to you (assuming it's not tied to the xbox live account).

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
I won an invitation to the beta a while ago (but have already bought crackdown anyway) but it is not meant to be sent out until the beta goes live. Should it turn up at that time, I'll pm the code to you (assuming it's not tied to the xbox live account).

MRU! *gasp*

In other news, I can't wait for the beta to arrive. I'm eager to begin blasting other MR members in the game. ;)

suneohair

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2006
I believe the invites are linked to your gamertag or live id, in which case I don't think they can be given away really. I might be wrong though, but I remember you had to have a live id when you signed up on bungies site... I think.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005

OMG thanks! Awesome. I didn't have any extra money this month and didn't want to get Crackdown as I'm not into it after trying out the Demo. Thanks a lot once again in advance. :D

I might be wrong though, but I remember you had to have a live id when you signed up on bungies site... I think.

Yeah you need a Live ID when you sign up on the Bungies site but you have the option of Linking your gamertag or not @ the site. Not sure if the invites are tied to the XBox Live Account but I did see someone in their Forums saying that it could be given out to friends if one recieves the invite but doesn't own or have XBox Live. Could be wrong though, shall see. *prays*

sb58

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2006
Hades
when i go to the downloads section in Crackdown, it says "come back at a later date to download the Halo 3 Beta!"

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2006
anyone also have an extra beta code??? really really desperate for one... since my idiotic brother woudn't let me buy crackdown...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.