Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2006
sorry.. i didnt understand that... but do you need the disc to play the beta?

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2006
hmm... wierd... alot of people have said that once you download it... you can just play it without the disc... I have rented crackdown and i am downloading it right now, and it says that you need the disc. to play it, but is there another way?

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
ok... so... rent crackdown, you can download the beta for sure??? And, do you need the crackdown disc in to play it?

Yes, as we have said many times already, if you rent Crackdown, you can play the Halo 3 beta - that is what I am doing. Seriously, just go rent it, the worst that could happen is that you are out $8.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
yes... but renting only lasts for a couple of days...

Do you have a Blockbuster around where you are? You can keep it as long as you want. If you don't do the online thing and rent it. I believe Gamefly has a free trial thing.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Crackdown is a bargain bin game for me too. But if Gamerz want's to keep playing the Halo 3 beta he'll have to fork out for Crackdown. Or just keep renting it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.