Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sythesigh

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
UK
Hi, i'm new, and a little stupid, so i've lost my original kext files, and now my bluetooth doesn't work, any chance anybody can give me a copy of theirs? Thanks very much, i feel like such a dimwit... :( :mad:

help...

anybody..?

AAPL21

macrumors member
May 11, 2014
Go to disk utility and repair your permissions. That should fix that issue

Hi, I'm stuck in Step 16 as well, got a message "The document “AirPortBrcm4360” could not be saved. Input/output error". I've repaired disk permissions, executed the last two terminal command, restarted my computer and start all over but I'm still stuck with this (Step 16). Is there another way to resolve this? Thank you!

John6Plus

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Holland, MI
Thanks Schnitty! Only weird thing that happened to me was I had to forget my wifi and reconnect to get back on the internet. It accessed my local network fine, but didn't do the internet. I've never had that happen before - but hey, it works now.

ProTip for everyone having trouble: copy and paste all the text you can from Schnitty's original post, that way you avoid making typos (it also saves a lot of typing :cool:). If you paste into 0xED you HAVE to delete what you were supposed to replace.

UncleSchnitty

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
Im trying but I keep getting a failure to deliver notice back?
Thanks Schnitty! Only weird thing that happened to me was I had to forget my wifi and reconnect to get back on the internet. It accessed my local network fine, but didn't do the internet. I've never had that happen before - but hey, it works now.

ProTip for everyone having trouble: copy and paste all the text you can from Schnitty's original post, that way you avoid making typos (it also saves a lot of typing :cool:). If you paste into 0xED you HAVE to delete what you were supposed to replace.
UHHH while I agree with copy and paste most of the time this is an example of a bad time to do it. It seems to cause more issues than anything. I have specifically been telling people not to copy and paste in 0xed because an extra space by accident will ruin everything.

But either way Congrats man glad I could help!

John6Plus

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Holland, MI
Im trying but I keep getting a failure to deliver notice back?

UHHH while I agree with copy and paste most of the time this is an example of a bad time to do it. It seems to cause more issues than anything. I have specifically been telling people not to copy and paste in 0xed because an extra space by accident will ruin everything.

But either way Congrats man glad I could help!

Heh, yeah I guess those used to hex editors kind of take that for granted.

turbo06

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
I have tried this 10 times and handoff will not show up under general. Ive reset permissions and dropped the original kext files back in and run the two terminal codes then reset permissions again.Nothing I have a mid 2011 mba do you think I need a new board???????

johnnyboulders

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
2-way Handoff Fixed on 2011 MBA

Hey all,

Longtime lurker wanted to thank you all and share with you what made Handoff work for me.

Thanks to DoktorDok & UncleSchnitty for helping people on these forums

I have to point out, that if you are uncomfortable editing Hex files and Kexts, or stayed away from building a mackintosh because it's too technical, then you are better off going to Apple and buying a newer laptop. It's not hard, but you better know what you're doing. Just saying.

1. Make sure you have a backup of the or files!
  2. Input everything manually! No copy and paste!
  3. Use Kext Drop!
  4. Disable Handoff AND iCloud/iMessage on ALL your iOS & OSX devices.
  5. Restart. Reenable Handoff & iClous, etc on all devices, starting with your MBA.
---
At this point, I had Handoff working, ONE WAY, Mac to iPhone 6.

The fix for 2-way? Easy (for you at least. It took me many hours for something so simple!)

1) Disk Utility -> Verify Disk Permissions -> Repair Disk Permissions (Yes, you have to do both.)

2) Terminal
Code:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
Code:
sudo kextcache -system-caches

3) Restart all your devices. Voila! Handoff should be working flawlessly. :D

Cheers all!

UncleSchnitty

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
Heh, yeah I guess those used to hex editors kind of take that for granted.

100% true and the people who are used to hex editors get this tutorial right away. For people not used to it, that's where the problems occur. It's ok though I don't mind answering questions but I suspect 99.99% of problems is some form of user error. I do understand that this is not a "easy" first mod though. I accidentally deleted a . My first shot at this so no ones perfect hah

turbo06

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
Im doing everything right and it still doesn't work. Do I need a new board?

----------

My numbers are the exact same as page 1 of this tutorial and it still won't work.

turbo06

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
Mac-742912EFDBEE19B3

----------

[/COLOR]Just put the stock kexts back, ran the two sudo codes, then verified permissions and reset permissions.

richard69

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2014
Awesome, Its working so far with my MBA mid 2011, handoff and i can even make and pickup calls from my iphone, only sms not working atm coz requires 8.1

If some1 need help with Macbook air 2011 let know, it`s very simple to get it done

echo44

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
so with a late 2008 desktop Mac Pro I need a new bluetooth card?
If so any one have any recommendations of which one to buy?

UncleSchnitty

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
Nope still not working. No check box in general.

when you unzip that file if you right click the kext and open package contents does it open or does it say corrupt and deletes them?

----------

so with a late 2008 desktop Mac Pro I need a new bluetooth card?
If so any one have any recommendations of which one to buy?

OSXWIFI thats the one I personally have and use.
and
I know the user here MacVidCards make the same thing so if you can get ahold of him.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.