Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hardrock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2005
Wolverhampton, UK
Sombody help me!

Has apple gone mad? Or is it just me? On the 24th October I orderd the band spanking new iMac G5 with built in iSite. On 3rd November Apple's order status said it had shipped...
Now this is where the adventure starts! Apple's e-mail said give 3-7 days delivery, I though fine. The tracking for the computer.. said as follows...
Carrier Name
KUEHNE & NAGEL
The following items signed for by:

Product Description Product Number Product Quantity
IMACG5 17/1.9 G5/SD CTO Z0CK 1

Activity Location Date / Time (GMT)
Shipment Picked Up SHANGHAI, SH, CN 03 Nov 2005 12:30
Depart Terminal SHANGHAI, SH, CN 04 Nov 2005 10:35
Arrive Terminal AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 09 Nov 2005 06:00
Out For Delivery AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 09 Nov 2005 18:21

Well i though out for delivery from Amsterdam??? I live in the UK! I then found out about ape codes apple tracking service... It showed the following...

Date Actual Status ; Status Description ; Shipping Point ; ETA
10 nov 05 ; truck arrived at final destination ;Apple Shanghai ;15 nov 05
09 nov 05 ; booking slot obtained ;NLAMS07 ;10 nov 05
09 nov 05 ; departed direct ;NLAMS07 ;10 nov 05
09 nov 05 ; accept scanned at EDC ;NLAMS07 ;11 nov 05
09 nov 05 ; Arrived at EDC ;NLAMS07 ;15 nov 05
04 nov 05 ; flight departed ;Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai ;11 nov 05
04 nov 05 ; Flight Booked ;Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
03 nov 05 ; handover at supplier ;Apple Shanghai ;11 nov 05
03 nov 05 ; Picking confirmed, EDI received ;Apple Shanghai
03 nov 05 ; Consignment Booking received from supplier ;Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai ; 11 nov 05

IM CONFUSED:confused: Help me! What does all of this mean? and when will my computer arrive? Does teh final destination mean its in the uk? with Flextronics?? And its the ETA the ETA of when it arrives in the UK or at my door? with my other software from the UK???? Sombody give me some guidance! Please? Help me!!!

rose red

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2005
nw england
Don't worry, you're not going mad

It all seems perfectly normal. I think the final destination means handover at the european hub in the netherlands, so it will probably be in the uk and out for delivery to you tomorrow or tuesday latest. Just keep checking, tonight and first thing in the morning. It will say "out for delivery" from a local tnt depot. If you are worried you can get the phone number of the local depot by putting in your postcode on tnt website and call them in the morning, they are helpful.

hardrock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2005
Wolverhampton, UK
Thank you rose red! You calm me...!

Thanks!, I certainly hope your right! Is it still TNT? since i orderd my new iMac with Microsoft Office for Mac and apple mac care? both these items are in the UK... and have Flextronice Logistics on the delivery notice? And it said it would "merge in transit GB". Will this take longer?

Does this make a difference? will it still be delivered Monday tommrow?

Thanks anyway.... i hope anbody else can shed some light on the topic!

Melkor

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2005
Ya mines takin a while aswell. Ordered it on the 1st of Nov.

It's been saying this for a while:

Shipment Picked Up SHANGHAI, SH, CN 05 Nov 2005 00:30
Depart Terminal SHANGHAI, SH, CN 05 Nov 2005 23:30
Arrive Terminal AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 10 Nov 2005 05:50
Out For Delivery AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 10 Nov 2005 15:19

stix666

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2005
I ordered mine from the Apple store (UK) 7d ago, got it 3d after placing the order. I guess I got lucky.

dotmatrix

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
I ordered my iBook on the 11th of November and it is still showing
Date Time Location Status
11 Nov 2005 21:16 Suzhou Shipped From Originating Depot
11 Nov 2005 19:02 Suzhou Consignment Received At Transit Point

I am not in any rush to get it but I have been reading around the forum to find that things seem to sit in a load of warehouses and TNT are not the best, as this is my first thing I have bought from the Apple Website I hope it to be a good one. Any guesstimates when it might arrive?:D

rose red

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2005
nw england
I think that they sit around to fit in with the expected date of delivery given to you by Apple. But don't worry, your computer is having fun making lots of new friends and as soon as he arrives he'll want to get online to have a chat with them.

macam

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2005
Greater London, UK
Melkor said:
Ya mines takin a while aswell. Ordered it on the 1st of Nov.

It's been saying this for a while:

Shipment Picked Up SHANGHAI, SH, CN 05 Nov 2005 00:30
Depart Terminal SHANGHAI, SH, CN 05 Nov 2005 23:30
Arrive Terminal AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 10 Nov 2005 05:50
Out For Delivery AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 10 Nov 2005 15:19

I ordered mine on 31st October and min is saying the EXACT same thing as yours... I am a little frustrated as I am really really desperate for the laptop and screen now as my screen I'm using at home is getting worse everyday... It's so bad it hurts my eyes.

Anyone has any ideas why this is taking so long!?!!?

macam

dotmatrix

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
rose red said:
I think that they sit around to fit in with the expected date of delivery given to you by Apple. But don't worry, your computer is having fun making lots of new friends and as soon as he arrives he'll want to get online to have a chat with them.

Thanks it is good to see my iBook is making some new friends :)

Melkor

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2005
macam said:
I ordered mine on 31st October and min is saying the EXACT same thing as yours... I am a little frustrated as I am really really desperate for the laptop and screen now as my screen I'm using at home is getting worse everyday... It's so bad it hurts my eyes.

Anyone has any ideas why this is taking so long!?!!?

macam

I have no idea, but it's getting pretty annoying. When I rang apple the guy said it would be here on the 16th.

I'm really concerned it will have the horizontal lines problem everyone has been talking about (it has a W8 serial no.) so I'm prepared for the worst.

edit: nice to know someones in the same boat as me anyway :D

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
dotmatrix said:
I ordered my iBook on the 11th of November and it is still showing
Date Time Location Status
11 Nov 2005 21:16 Suzhou Shipped From Originating Depot
11 Nov 2005 19:02 Suzhou Consignment Received At Transit Point

I have exactly the same except I placed my order on the 10th.

I have another order which should have shipped on the 9th but has been "pending" since the 10th and isn't going anywhere!

I think Apple must be having problems with shipping somewhere. If only they'd bl00dy tell you that when you call them rather than saying "it'll ship today" every day!

A bit p!ssed off with them at the minute.

macam

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2005
Greater London, UK
nomad01 said:
I think Apple must be having problems with shipping somewhere. If only they'd bl00dy tell you that when you call them rather than saying "it'll ship today" every day!

A bit p!ssed off with them at the minute.

You and me both! I am getting even more impatient with each passing day. It looks like they are waiting to fill a crate of products before they ship them! Why are they frustrating their customers!? Come on Apple dispatch my products! I can't wait anymore - I want my order NOW:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Does anyone have an insight into this delay!? Can anyone shed any light on the subject?!

macam

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
macam said:
Does anyone have an insight into this delay!? Can anyone shed any light on the subject?!

macam

I can't throw light onto it but I would say that I've ordered a lot of Apple products over the years and never had this trouble.

I've had delays in the past but have always recieved an email from Apple to say it's been delayed. This time they're just floating in the ether with nobody being able to say where they are or why they're delayed.

dotmatrix

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
I have been doing a bit of reading, Apple gave you a esimtated ship date, mine is this Thursday the 17th, I wonder if that is the ship date from there warehouse and not from Apple, meaning that if the order changes to Shipped it might mean that they have shipped to there warehouse for storage until the ship date, which could mean that they are waiting to collate all the orders to one local area like the UK and send them out all at once, therefore saving money.

Just a theory anyway!

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
dotmatrix said:
Shipped it might mean that they have shipped to there warehouse for storage until the ship date, which could mean that they are waiting to collate all the orders to one local area like the UK and send them out all at once, therefore saving money.

I called Apple on the 9th as it should have shipped then but an item was out of stock so I cancelled that and replaced it with another item. My ship date then moved onto the 10th. I called when it hadn't shipped and was told it should have shipped as all the items were in stock.

They've since said that as it's in the "Pending" status, it's just waiting to be scanned onto the plane!

So, I think the estimated shipping date is the date it leaves the warehouse.

dotmatrix

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nomad01 said:
I called Apple on the 9th as it should have shipped then but an item was out of stock so I cancelled that and replaced it with another item. My ship date then moved onto the 10th. I called when it hadn't shipped and was told it should have shipped as all the items were in stock.

They've since said that as it's in the "Pending" status, it's just waiting to be scanned onto the plane!

So, I think the estimated shipping date is the date it leaves the warehouse.

I see I am a patient person and I have the time to wait for my iBook but the changing of the status to shipped is a bit misleading and quite fustrating if someone is in a hurry and it is still waiting in the warhouse.:cool:

Uma888

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Yes. Apples delivery system is a pile of Sh*t. you are better off getting stuff directly from your local apple store. The online/edu stores are pathetic with customer service and delivery, especially if its a new item

I have requested a refund for my BTO 20" imac g5, it hasent arrived and the tracking info i have been given is incorrect (online tracking says one thing, while apple reps say somthing else). Apple says its in trasit, while the online tracking says its been in the air for 10 days enrout from shanghi to the Netherlands

I am disgusted with this service, i will never opt for free shipping again

:mad:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Its a Europe thing. Most stuff has to go through 2 or 3 carriers before it gets to us. My powerbook status still hasnt been updated since th 9th (departing Shanghai).. It is iritating, you find yoursdelf checking every two or three hours just to see if theres any update, which of course makes the wait even more painful.

It effects anything Apple ship from Asia. On the brightside if we could all afford a spanking new Quad G5, they Ship from Ireland. Oh well.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Uma888 said:
I am disgusted with this service, i will never opt for free shipping again

:mad:

That's the problem. There is no OPT. If we had the choice to pay of express shipping or settle for the free shipping, then fair enough, but we dont.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
MacRumorUser said:
Its a Europe thing. Most stuff has to go through 2 or 3 carriers before it gets to us.

But to be fair, I don't mind the wait, it's the not knowing where the hell it is that bugs me.

My last Powerbook and other things that have come from Shaghai have usually been here within a week of being shipped and at least you can track them on the couriers website to some degree.

One of mine left Shaghai 4 days ago and hasn't arrived anywhere yet and the other is in a warehouse doing s0d all.

macam

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2005
Greater London, UK
I got fed up and phoned Apple, instead of relying on the web thing and basically it is moving around. Just in Amsterdam. But the guy was helpful and said that it should be in the port today and then in the UK for tomorrow or Wednesday and that means that I should have it by the end of the week! This wait is killing me.

Interestingly enough tho - I told him that I was worried that a Dutch bloke had walked off with my Powerbook and he said that that never happens but it does happen to people's iPods when they reach the UK... Now that scared the crap out of me! People walking off with our products - I just hope Apple has good insurance!!!!

Also he said that if this was still stuck in Shanghai - he would have been able to request the package be set to Priority 1. (it's not at the moment!) and that means the shipment would have been with me by now! If only I knew that! I would have this horrible waiting thing I am going through at the moment! Hmmm I will know this for next time!!! I just thought you guys in the UK should know this!;)

Oh well back to refreshing my online tracking!:(

macam

stevep

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2004
UK
Uma888 said:
Yes. Apples delivery system is a pile of Sh*t.
Don't beat about the bush - say what you really mean ! :) :)

I think their delivery system is pretty fair, its just the tracking information - its only as good as the data thats fed into it.
I've found that http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/ is a more reliable source of information in the later stages of a shipment to the UK.

No post from you today Hardrock - does that mean you're too busy playing with your new iMac, or are you still pacing up and down the room?

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
I think I set the record here from waiting ~2-3 months for my powermac. Thank god it got updated due to new models though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.