Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Melkor

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2005
The order tracking doesn't seem to get updated properly at all. I rang apple again today and they seem to be able to track the order through a different source. They said it would be here tomorrow or wednesday.

I'd advise people to stop checking their order status online, and instead just ring apple.

Btw, I also asked them about the horizontal lines issue, and they seem to know nothing about it. I wish apple would come out and acknowledge it already.

Melkor

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2005
dotmatrix said:
do you think it is wise to wait until my dispatch email or dispatch date come before I phone apple or should I just phone them for an update tommorow?

Just phone them. What's the worst that can happen?

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
dotmatrix said:
true I will phone then the now then :D

I called this morning. One order has gone from "pending shipping" to processing so that seems like even more of a delay to me.

The one that has shipped is still not showing up anywhere. Apple suggested I call TNT as they will know more. They don't. It's scheduled for delivery tomorrow but I REALLY doubt it will materialise.

dotmatrix

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
I phoned apple this morning and spoke to a very nice irish lady she said my iBook should be with me either by Friday of this week or Monday of next! I hope I don't have the kinda problems that you guys are having, I hope you get everything sorted guys!:)

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
dotmatrix said:
I phoned apple this morning and spoke to a very nice irish lady she said my iBook should be with me either by Friday of this week or Monday of next! I hope I don't have the kinda problems that you guys are having, I hope you get everything sorted guys!:)

Mine was ordered the day before yours and is due to be delivered tomorrow but my tracking is showing nothing after the initial entries either so I'm a bit sceptical.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
nomad01 said:
Mine was ordered the day before yours and is due to be delivered tomorrow but my tracking is showing nothing after the initial entries either so I'm a bit sceptical.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Is is just TNT's update service I wonder? My PB shows it left Shaghai on the 9th and still no further update. :confused: 7 days travelling and no closer???

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
MacRumorUser said:
Is is just TNT's update service I wonder? My PB shows it left Shaghai on the 9th and still no further update. :confused: 7 days travelling and no closer???

Maybe they're floating them to the UK on rafts. Would make sense. :D

macam

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2005
Greater London, UK
In the UK

My Powerbook got shipped from Shanghai on the 5th. Arrived in Amsterdam on the 10th and it's now finally gotten updated and it's in Luton today this morning at 4am! Finally it's within a 20mile radius of my house.... hmmm I can almost smell the new book. It's close. I can feel it... it's either today or tomorrow people! Now I really am excited. I want to go home and stare out of the window and wait for the UPS man (It's now with UPS and not TNT!?)

Hooray!

I'll let you know how it goes... yay!

macam

Uma888

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham, United Kingdom
MacRumorUser said:

Mine has been in the air for 10 days :p

15 nov 05 booking slot obtained Apple Shanghai 15 nov 05
04 nov 05 flight departed Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai 14 nov 05
04 nov 05 Flight Booked Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
03 nov 05 handover at supplier Apple Shanghai 14 nov 05
03 nov 05 Picking confirmed, EDI received Apple Shanghai
03 nov 05 Consignment Booking received from supplier Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai 14 nov 05

Fred Bear

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2005
Ewell, Surrey, UK
No Trace?

My wife ordered a CTO 20"iMAC on 27 Oct, despatch was given as 10 Nov.
Nothing happened until 05 Nov, when 2 entries appeared to say it was on its way (but no locations or signatures). The next movement was on 11 Nov, when it arrived in Weybridge/SY/England at 04.10, then it was "out for delivery" at 06.41, and we were unpacking it before midday!!
Worth waiting for (but shortens the finger-nails??)

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
macam said:
(It's now with UPS and not TNT!?)

Mine still appears to be with TNT as I can still track it on the International tracking. Usually, by now, I would expect to be able to track it on the UK tracking but it's still not showing up so I'm really not hopeful that it'll show up anytime soon. :(

dotmatrix

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nomad, you must have convidence in Apple and TNT they will prevail, you know something it really is great fun waiting around for our new toys, a non mac user would think it is sad but I think it is great fun and extreamly cool, now I am too excited you people making me excited now my blood pressure is going to high...

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
dotmatrix said:
nomad, you must have convidence in Apple and TNT they will prevail, you know something it really is great fun waiting around for our new toys, a non mac user would think it is sad but I think it is great fun and extreamly cool, now I am too excited you people making me excited now my blood pressure is going to high...

LOL Thanks. I don't really have much confidence in them at all right now.

If I was told there was a 2 or 3 week delay then fair enough but when they appear to be processed and then just go awol, I start to worry.

Sure I'll get them before christmas though. :confused:

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
Woohoo!!

just checked the TNT tracking...

15 Nov 2005 14:56 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
10 Nov 2005 18:37 Suzhou Shipped From Originating Depot
10 Nov 2005 18:26 Suzhou Consignment Received At Transit Point

I think I'll be more likely to get it Thursday now. I can't see it arriving tomorrow like TNT said.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
nomad01 said:
Woohoo!!

just checked the TNT tracking...

15 Nov 2005 14:56 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
10 Nov 2005 18:37 Suzhou Shipped From Originating Depot
10 Nov 2005 18:26 Suzhou Consignment Received At Transit Point

I think I'll be more likely to get it Thursday now. I can't see it arriving tomorrow like TNT said.

Mine (Powerbok) arrived at the Arnhem Hub just after

15 Nov 2005 15:12 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
15 Nov 2005 15:11 Arnhem Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point

TNT & Apple both say Friday for delivery. I'm hoping Thursday as Friday is the only day I'm out this week - typical :rolleyes:

nicotinefuelled

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2005
Apple's delivery system is indeed odd.

But, just to gloat...

iMac iSight 17" Ordered: Saturday 12th 01:03 at Apple Store UK
iMac Sitting on my Desk: Tuesday 15th 17:45

Sorry for all you guys who are waiting on their deliveries, I had the same problem with the latest Rev iBook when it came out.

macam

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2005
Greater London, UK
Ups Rules

Hey so guess what. A nice UPS Man (Everyone is nice now...) turned up and handed over in a most polite fashion my 20" Cinema Display and my bright Shiny & New 15" PowerBook. I haven't even opened it up yet... I'm just looking at the boxes - I am savouring my moment.

I tell you what - this whole extended period of shipping - has definitely increased my anticipation of the whole experience. I haven't jumped around the house like a little boy for a long time. Well for at least a week! :p

Well I'll let y'all know how it goes - and for those still waiting - I assure you it's so worth it!!!!

This is Frickin' awesome!!!!!!!

macam

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
macam said:
Hey so guess what. A nice UPS Man

UPS delievered it to you? I did'nt think they did any of the Apple deliveries in UK & Ireland.

DAMN that makes me hate TNT even more :rolleyes: WHERES MY PB??? :eek:

dotmatrix

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
yeh mines the same:

15 Nov 2005 16:34 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
15 Nov 2005 16:33 Arnhem Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point
11 Nov 2005 21:16 Suzhou Shipped From Originating Depot
11 Nov 2005 19:02 Suzhou Consignment Received At Transit Point

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.