Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewlyConverted

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2005
Norway
Oh yeah!!!
I finally got my pb today, after almost 4 weeks waiting for it. And now i can say it was worth it!
I feel sorry for all you guys that still havent got urs:( but if your a first timer like me you can rest assured it is worth the wait:D

Stormchild69

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2005
Hertford, UK
It is now officially confirmed. The iMac iSight I was due is lost, vanished, gone.

The kind people at Apple phoned today and told me.

I have been offered another one which has to now be built to order and shipped from China again.

I changed my mind over cancelling it and will now wait for it.

I was told it would take 12 days maximum until it is shipped and then 5 days shipping at the most. I have been told it has been put on high priority and hopefully will be delivered before the 17 days. They could not say how much sooner but hopefully it should be sooner.

I still have my fingers crossed to see it before Christmas.

All efforts are now being made by Apple to deliver but what annoys me is not the late delivery but why the loss was not noticed sooner rather than just being told it would be delivered next day.

I hope the wait is worth it like your's 'NewlyConverted'. Glad you finally got your pb.

MiserableTurnip

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2005
EU
Oh no, I ordered a 20" iMac yesterday, I really hope there won't be problems with the delivery to Northern Europe. :(

A question: I ordered the iMac with one gig of RAM, and the estimated build time is 8 business days, is there any chance it might leave the factory sooner? :D I noticed the Order Status-page has changed since my last order, there doesn't seem to be much information, just the estimated shipping date. When I ordered a Mac mini, there was information like 'Processing', 'Sent to manufacturing' etc.

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
I have a very stange feeling.
On the 23rd of OCTOBER I ordered a "standard" G5 Tower, Dual 2.0 GHz with a copy of Tiger Server for a little project I have. I STILL don't have it. I keep getting letters saying delay, delay, delay.
I'm forced to "join the party" and say:
"Intel Towers at January MacWorld"
I'll be in the audience during the keynote, and will ask Jobs why the HELL he held my order up! :)

alien

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2002
London, ON
Finally Here...

Well... my computer is finally here!!! Unfortunately I can't pick it up until Saturday because of my schedule, but IT"S HERE! Too bad it only took 6 weeks for me to get it... :p

Stormchild69

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2005
Hertford, UK
MiserableTurnip said:
Oh no, I ordered a 20" iMac yesterday, I really hope there won't be problems with the delivery to Northern Europe. :(

A question: I ordered the iMac with one gig of RAM, and the estimated build time is 8 business days, is there any chance it might leave the factory sooner? :D I noticed the Order Status-page has changed since my last order, there doesn't seem to be much information, just the estimated shipping date. When I ordered a Mac mini, there was information like 'Processing', 'Sent to manufacturing' etc.

The build time wasn't the problem for me or most others here. Apple built mine in well under the time estimated. It is the actual shipping from China that can take ages. I think on average two weeks.

The iMac I ordered shipped on November 4 and by November 30 it was confirmed lost in shipping. It seemed to have got to Amsterdam which took two weeks and then got lost. I bought a Nano and that took about a week to ship from China to the UK.

Stormchild69

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2005
Hertford, UK
Les Kern said:
I have a very stange feeling.
On the 23rd of OCTOBER I ordered a "standard" G5 Tower, Dual 2.0 GHz with a copy of Tiger Server for a little project I have. I STILL don't have it. I keep getting letters saying delay, delay, delay.
I'm forced to "join the party" and say:
"Intel Towers at January MacWorld"
I'll be in the audience during the keynote, and will ask Jobs why the HELL he held my order up! :)

I advise you to call Apple. Ask them what is going on.

I gather that G5s ordered in the UK are shipped from Ireland - which is very near by to the UK rather than China - where iMacs are shipped from so I would assume (I may be wrong on this point and only guessing from what I have read on this forum) that G5 towers ordered in America are probably assembled in America so hopefully you should get it soon - unlike my iMac.

Some other interesting info I have heard is that if a new replacement model comes out during waiting for your Mac your order will be replaced with the new model but shipping then takes longer. So you may end up with a Mac-Intel model. This may be good news or bad news depending on your opinion.:)

iross.net

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland.
CTO PowerBook - TNT all the way.

I've dealt with about 5 or 6 orders from Apple before and they all go through the Khune+Nagel shipping to the hub in Amsterdam, then TNT from there...

Until today. I just checked the status on a CTO 15" PowerBook and it shows as a TNT consignment already;

02 Dec 2005 19:54 Shanghai Shipped From Originating Depot

The K+N tracking number doesnt get recognised by either TNT or K+N... have they stopped using K+N? (don't blame them if they have!!)

Stormchild69

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2005
Hertford, UK
Wow - My iMac arrived today

Yep. It arrived today. Got a pixel out but hey I got it.

Very weird how it was lost and had to shipped from Apple China and hey presto two days later was here. Was it lost? I will never know.

Got a call from a nice lady at Apple to say it was out for shipping. Had to leave work quickly to get home to receive it. Not sure they were too impressed with me going home. Will have to make up the time.

Simple answer to my long wait is yep.. It is very beautiful but why did Apple have so many problems in getting it to me. And why did I have 3 weeks of 'Oh it will be with you tomorrow'.

Apple have, as I said in a previous email, really got to sort out their shipping process. It is terrible. The final stage of receiving it was great as Apple phoned me reguarly.

I'm going to keep an eye on this group and really hope all you other guys waiting for your Apple goods get them soon. Just remeber keep calling Apple and don't be put off by 'I'll be next day'. Ask them 'Is it really going to be shipped this week, this month'.

Good luck all. BTW I'm typing this on the new iMac. I'm a happy bunny.

Forgot to add:

UPS delivered it not TNT if that is any interest for UK Mac users awaiting their order(s).

whitetrashanth

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2005
i MIGHT be getting somwhere

after the anticipation of the await of the quads,.. i hastily ordered my quad roughly around the 22nd or so of october,..as soon as i could,. paid in full by CHEQUE,.. all fine dandy blah blah blah... but this is where it turns sour,.

i get an email saying latest its going to take will be like the 1st of decemeber i thought ok thats cool seen as it hasnt even come out etc.. etc.. and that would be QUITE fast-ish

anyway week has past,.. and im thinking ,.WHERE is my confirmation of payment,,..so i ring apple and ask where this is, they said they need 10-12 days for "finance" to check and clear everything before it appears on thier system,. meanWHIlleeeeeeee... my bank sends me a statment that very week showing the cheque had indeed already CLEARED like 3 days after they recieved so infact everything in apples eyes I have paid in FULL no fuss or anything should be happening..

anyway i get on thier case the next week asking whats going on,. i get the same thing from 2 separate advisers,.. im now starting to think what a ****ing joke this is turning into, technically this is theft!!! after like 15 seperate phone calls i manage to get through to someone who was willling to bloody help me out properly. So she got in contact with the finance department to ask where my cheuqe is?!!? where my CHEQUE IS?!?!?! what the **** is going on here they should KNOW they have MY MONEY! im thinking,... anyway,.. they ask fora few bank details and ask me to fax over some proof of stuff etc.. etc.. all is fine although im feeling VERY weary about it all at this point... from that point it took 2 WEEKS to FIND my cheque and communication was done via phone and email to get to the next point. but 2 weeks is taking the piss, and i was actually on thier case pritty much every day asking whats going on.

they THEN say the cheque was not attatched to a specific order, which means the person who originally took my order ****ed EVERYTHING up :mad: :mad: :mad: SOOo angry,.. and thefore a NEW order had to be place :eek: :mad: :mad: i was LIVVID!!! i couldnt BELIEVE the incompetants of it all can you?!

they then asked me if i wanted to carry on with the order having the same equivilant for my order, and i was like **** sake iv waited all this time to get to this stage ofcourse i want it still but in my eyes i should still be getting this on the 1st of december or sooner, clearly this was not going to be the case as it was the 2nd of december by this point! it was THIER fault and is THIER responsibility to correct it. anyway by the time they re-did the order it was the 5th of december :mad: i was like this is not good enough what is going to be done, they ssaid theyd stick it on priority i said i want it before christmas LATEST! or i dont want it at all,.. they said they were confident this will happen. I didnt believe them,.. and especially didnt when i got payment confirmation a few days after ( 1.5 months too late) saying i should expect delivery of the 9th of JANUARY!!! grrr

so pissed off after chatting for hours sorting this all out, they said they would sort out some sort of gift/ gesture of "good will",.. i was like yeh load me up with another 2 GIGs worth of RAM that should do the trick ahha obviosuly not, they said they will discuss this good will offer ONCE its been delivered i was like what ever just give me my bloody mac.

anyway iv been waiting ever since expecting january 9th earlist.

but tonight i got an email saying its been dispatched and will arrive within 6-7 working days,.. which in this case would be...next friday latest.. which would NOT be before christmas but none the less better than 9th january.

But really my real queary IS how early can i expect this,.. bare in mind im in LONDON, england and its shipping via Kuhne & Nagel Spedition s.a r + Flextronics c/o Express Cargo ,... what EVER that means?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

if anyone could shed some light on this that would be marvellous the service is unavailable right now so nothing is tracked as of YET,.. er yeh so a few questions

and ALSO what do you think after all this HASSLE and cost and EFFORT do you think i diserve,... "good will gesture" wise??? what do you think i should be entitled too,..bare in mind the cost/effort/time and the stature of this machine and INITIAL effort i put in to buy it as soon as possible to make sure i got it early in first batch rather than a week later and with the second/third ship etc.. its ALL thier FAULT!! i labbelled my cheque correctly everything and they had NO faults with the money or clearance as i said it cleared straight away,..

all i can say is, theyr quick to take my money but the service was to thee equivilant of a middle age pesant food carriage ordered in england delivered on the mooon, with as much technology and customer support as a cat would get if they rung them up,.

as you can tell im angry or WAS not so much now as i can see some light,.. can ANYONE further and widen the gap so i can see some more light

cheeers ladies n gents:confused: :confused: :)

Stormchild69

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2005
Hertford, UK
whitetrashanth said:
oh and Stormchild69

i live just down the A10 in cheshunt:cool: small world

Seems like they have a problem with anyone living off the A10.

Have you got the quad yet? It will rock when you get it.

I thought the quad was made in Ireland and certainly should have been delivered sooner. I feel for you. It is so out of order what happened to you.

I still have not got my rebate - the so called 60 pounds back when you order one of a specified group of printers at the same time as ordering a system. Plus I was promised compensation. Never came. I am furious with the store. Worst relationship with customers I have have ever known.

whitetrashanth

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2005
Stormchild69 said:
Seems like they have a problem with anyone living off the A10.

Have you got the quad yet? It will rock when you get it.

I thought the quad was made in Ireland and certainly should have been delivered sooner. I feel for you. It is so out of order what happened to you.

I still have not got my rebate - the so called 60 pounds back when you order one of a specified group of printers at the same time as ordering a system. Plus I was promised compensation. Never came. I am furious with the store. Worst relationship with customers I have have ever known.

alright mate,.. yeh i got it on like the 30th!

its the nuts,... i was promised "gesture of good will"

and a manager was suppose to phone me,.. but never did so i rang up ranting,..and im just awaiting my £150 to clear now

:cool:

but STILL i agree very shoddy customer relationship, they cannot give you an on the spot answer to things its always come back tommorow.. and this is what i cottoned on too in the end,... as i talked to UMPTEEN amounts of representatives all giving me different variations of bollocks,.. basically they hold back information unless you SAP it out of them,.. its stupid,.. they lie too much lucky i didnt fall for any of it and kept on thier case,.. other wise NOTHING would be here by now,.. i think 150 notes is just about fair to be honest,.. its only 5% OF THE total though so in context,...its not an amazing offer,... they said £30 poxy quid before,.. i said thats not a gesture thats an insult,... and i said come back with a better offer or il take this further,.. by the way to any of you who think its unjustified, please read my last post in here,.. honestly its the worst shopping experience of my life i must have phoned the apple store, like 200 times,... all together,.. i dont believe i have exaggerating when i say that either!

lets hope this money clears this week as promised,. or all heads will ROLL!! and they can look to doubling that if its not the case,..

seriously oftenly enough as a consumer we have been forced into a false sense of satisfaction,..ALOT of other companies BIGGER can do better,...why cant apple,.. with ALL that technology at thierfinger tips???

anyway i hope knowone else has to go through what i did,

Stormchild69

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2005
Hertford, UK
whitetrashanth said:
alright mate,.. yeh i got it on like the 30th!

its the nuts,... i was promised "gesture of good will"

and a manager was suppose to phone me,.. but never did so i rang up ranting,..and im just awaiting my £150 to clear now

:cool:

but STILL i agree very shoddy customer relationship, they cannot give you an on the spot answer to things its always come back tommorow.. and this is what i cottoned on too in the end,... as i talked to UMPTEEN amounts of representatives all giving me different variations of bollocks,.. basically they hold back information unless you SAP it out of them,.. its stupid,.. they lie too much lucky i didnt fall for any of it and kept on thier case,.. other wise NOTHING would be here by now,.. i think 150 notes is just about fair to be honest,.. its only 5% OF THE total though so in context,...its not an amazing offer,... they said £30 poxy quid before,.. i said thats not a gesture thats an insult,... and i said come back with a better offer or il take this further,.. by the way to any of you who think its unjustified, please read my last post in here,.. honestly its the worst shopping experience of my life i must have phoned the apple store, like 200 times,... all together,.. i dont believe i have exaggerating when i say that either!

lets hope this money clears this week as promised,. or all heads will ROLL!! and they can look to doubling that if its not the case,..

seriously oftenly enough as a consumer we have been forced into a false sense of satisfaction,..ALOT of other companies BIGGER can do better,...why cant apple,.. with ALL that technology at thierfinger tips???

anyway i hope knowone else has to go through what i did,

Glad to hear the good news.

BTW Did you phone the Apple sales number to complain about lack of rebate or phone the after sales number? Its just that I am now aware that I won't see any rebate coming back at this rate. Plus they bought out a x2 faster iMac now so my computer has been current for 3 weeks... yeah three weeks. Now its a museum piece. I know you cannot stop progress and Apple have done the right thing but still I feel cheated into buying old stock. Next time I won't be in such a hurry when they release a new model if a new one comes out every 3 months.

BTW I phoned only approximately 38 times so far. No wonder you are pissed off. Maybe we should form the 'A10 Apple Store Society For Undelivered Computers' - a.k.a. AASS FUC.

Maximus434

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
Hi all,

Well I just took the plunge. I ordered an iBook 12inch! I've wanted one for some time but decided to wait until Macworld, when I THOUGHT that an intel book was in the offing. Sadly it wasnt, so a trusty PPC ibook it is! I'll mainly use it for showing clients their photographs (I do headshots from time to time), a bit of final cut editing, and just general word processing, browsing around the house (when I get a wireless router!) and maybe the odd mac game. Considering I'm getting it for only 500, it's a steal.

I ordered it last night at 11pm GMT, and this morning at 9.30 i got a confirmation email. How long generally does it take to get shipping?

I was also told by an apple tech that there is a 14 hour delivery time roughly (hmm or was that 40?), so if it ships today, whats the likelyhood I'll have it by Friday?

Stormchild69

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2005
Hertford, UK
Maximus434 said:
Hi all,

Well I just took the plunge. I ordered an iBook 12inch! I've wanted one for some time but decided to wait until Macworld, when I THOUGHT that an intel book was in the offing. Sadly it wasnt, so a trusty PPC ibook it is! I'll mainly use it for showing clients their photographs (I do headshots from time to time), a bit of final cut editing, and just general word processing, browsing around the house (when I get a wireless router!) and maybe the odd mac game. Considering I'm getting it for only 500, it's a steal.

I ordered it last night at 11pm GMT, and this morning at 9.30 i got a confirmation email. How long generally does it take to get shipping?

I was also told by an apple tech that there is a 14 hour delivery time roughly (hmm or was that 40?), so if it ships today, whats the likelyhood I'll have it by Friday?

I'd say from past experience of delivery times but not of the iBook about a week. Apple always say a certain time but that is to get it prepared for shipping. Then it can take a week. If you are based in the US I would say a week max otherwise 2 weeks. Any sooner and count your blessings. If you added any thing extra like more memory then fingers crossed and keep phoning them every day to check it is on schedule.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.