Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jan 13, 2004
After having the same strange delivery times and misleading information my G5 Imac arrived and it seems to suffer from the noise problem. I have just rejected the unit entirely and Apple Store Finland have now ignored three mails sent (in English so it cannot be due to a shortage of Finnish readers) in one week saying come and collect this unit whilst it is in the 10 day return window...

To make things worse it took nearly a month to fix a 12" PB of my wife's due to the useless authorised agent here.

And Apple wonder why it is hard to get more machines into business users. My wife is an IT manager who is slowly seeing the Apple light but I would find it hard to defend that.. plus strange ordering behaviour.

I must say I perceive a gradual drop in Apple QA overall. My PowerMac G4 1.25x2 has been rock solid and the wind tunnel was never such a problem. But PB 12 (both mine and wife's have had problems requiring returns in the first year), a 2.7 PMG5 has firewire problems and I need to schedule time to return that and many delays with ordering.

GRRRRRR..

croshtique

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Cambridge, UK
croshtique said:
My 30GB iPod has been "Out for delivery" from Amsterdam since 18th November and nothing since... how much longer till it gets to the UK?!

Well now the helpful information provided by Apetrack says the ETA is now not until the 28th (having been originally promised on the 22nd and then the 19th). Grr.

RobHague

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2005
I ordered iSight from the Apple Store UK recentley, 3-7 days.

Well it shipped on the 21st November it said. It also gave me two tracking codes for the parcel which has been sent by TNT... one code wont work the other code gives me two items :confused: i checked it on the 22nd and it said the item was in NOTTINGHAM and was 'Allocated for Delivery' - Checked it on the 23rd and it said 'Call for more information' instead. Now its back to being in Nottingham 'Allocated for Delivery' again.

The apple tracking site gives me no information what so ever about its status, which is why i had to find the TNT site directley and search the code. I still dont understand why there appear to be two items, one NEXT WORKING DAY and the other INTL DELIVERY NEXT WORKING DAY.... :confused: :confused:

Wierd....

DMJ2005

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2005
Hi everyone,

when I ordered my Powerbook 17" on the 7th November I was really excited but all these stupid shipping delays are getting me down..

First of all they said to me on the phone that it would arrive on 14th November, not knowing anything about Apple's terrible delivery system I expected what they we're telling me..

I phoned up on the 14th and they said at the latest it will be with you on the 19th..

I phoned on the 19th and they said it will be with you on the 22nd - phoned up yesterday and they said the powerbook was on it's way to TNT and it should arrive with them last night, it hasn't..

Now they are telling me that TNT will have it today and hold it until next week and it should be with me on the 30th! What's going on? One week delivery from TNT, I thought it would be an overnighter once it was with them. That will be 3 and a half weeks from China to England! I would of rather paid £100 and had UPS overnight it from there.. I could drive to Amsterdam in just five hours!

Sounds like someones passing the buck to me since TNT don't even have it yet.. :mad:

22 nov 05 90 75 truck arrived at final destination Apple Shanghai 30 nov 05
21 nov 05 86 14 booking slot obtained NLAMS07 22 nov 05
21 nov 05 30 10 departed direct NLAMS07 22 nov 05
21 nov 05 40 69 accept scanned at EDC NLAMS07 23 nov 05
21 nov 05 40 60 Arrived at EDC NLAMS07 30 nov 05
15 nov 05 32 55 flight departed Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai 23 nov 05
14 nov 05 32 05 Flight Booked Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
11 nov 05 00 04 Picking confirmed, EDI received Apple Shanghai
11 nov 05 30 61 Consignment Booking received from supplier Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai 23 nov 05
11 nov 05 30 63 handover at supplier Apple Shanghai 23 nov 05

Apple:

Activity Location Date / Time (GMT)
Shipment Picked Up SHANGHAI, SH, CN 11 Nov 2005 00:30
Depart Terminal SHANGHAI, SH, CN 15 Nov 2005 15:55
Arrive Terminal AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 21 Nov 2005 06:00
Out For Delivery AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 21 Nov 2005 13:28

KLOOJVE

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2005
Slagelse , Denmark
WEEEE Finally my Imac G5 17" came today.. a very nice TNT guy dropped it off..

but now there is no sight off my ipod.. it is strange.. hopefully it will turn up.. sometime soon :)

Stormchild69

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2005
Hertford, UK
Eventually I got some more information. I had no call back (no surprise). Mind you it could be because I phoned at 11 the next day rather than wait all day so I will give Apple the benefit of doubt.

I have been informed that there is a very large backlog of paperwork for shipping from Amsterdam. I seem to have been moved to 'delivered at final destination' or something like that according to apecode and the Apple rep I spoke to today said something similar but final destination being Amsterdam. He said that it could be delivered tomorrow but I think I'll see pigs fly before that and asked him what evidence he had to back up his delivery claim.

From my experiences so far my main frustrations have been with Apple reps not knowing what is occuring or making assumptions about deliveries. They are not lying but are just guessing it seems to me.

Sorry to hear '6163621' your problems with delivery and I agree that Apple need to sort out their agenct repair issues and delivery times before the Mac converts (me one of them) get fed up. I have heard of faulty Macs on delivery (which happens to all computer manufacturers) but at the price they charge they should have just swapped it for you. I don't know about the consumer rights you have in your country but over here, in the UK, if goods are delivered I believe (correct me if I am wrong ) you have consumer protection and have every right to not only return the goods and get a replacement but, if you want, a full refund. It is difficult to prove though.:(

I will let everyone know if I get my iMac tomorrow though that will be of no joy for all those that have still not had their's delivered. All I can say is keep phoning Apple and tell them what you think (I find being polite, calm and with your facts in front of you before you call helps).

BTW this is what I have got of Apecode so far..

16 nov 05 90 75 truck arrived at final destination Apple Shanghai 23 nov 05
16 nov 05 86 14 booking slot obtained NLAMS07 16 nov 05
15 nov 05 40 69 accept scanned at EDC NLAMS07 16 nov 05
15 nov 05 40 60 Arrived at EDC NLAMS07 23 nov 05
14 nov 05 86 16 Delay due to EDI-issue with supplier KN Luxemburg 16 nov 05
04 nov 05 32 55 flight departed Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai 14 nov 05
04 nov 05 32 05 Flight Booked Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
03 nov 05 30 63 handover at supplier Apple Shanghai 14 nov 05
03 nov 05 00 04 Picking confirmed, EDI received Apple Shanghai
03 nov 05 30 61 Consignment Booking received from supplier Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai 14 nov 05

Stormchild69

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2005
Hertford, UK
KLOOJVE said:
WEEEE Finally my Imac G5 17" came today.. a very nice TNT guy dropped it off..

but now there is no sight off my ipod.. it is strange.. hopefully it will turn up.. sometime soon :)

Glad to hear someone has had succcess and has a shiny new iMac. Is it as gorgeous as it looks on the web?

Have fun with it!!:)

croshtique

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Cambridge, UK
croshtique said:
Well now the helpful information provided by Apetrack says the ETA is now not until the 28th (having been originally promised on the 22nd and then the 19th). Grr.

...and suddenly my iPod arrives without any warning today! UPS ended up being the final carrier,oddly.

Stormchild69

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2005
Hertford, UK
It hasn't turned up yet again.

My iMac is now heading for cancellation.

Don't know what else to do.

I will reorder from elsewhere other than the Apple Store. Apple make great systems, they just need to grow up and learn how to treat customers. I was billed two weeks ago and will be paying off finance loan (organised by them!!) for a system I have not received. Even my work (hiss boo) Dell laptop turned up today and that was ordered just a week ago to a very much more BTO (built to order.. memory, graphics memory, display and horrid MS os).

Why am I sitting here typing on this Dell? I want to be on my iMac. Please, please, please Apple give me my computer I ordered on October 20, 2005.

Will I see it this year?? I seriously doubt it. Total failure by the Apple Store. Never again!!!:(

Oh BTW 'DMJ2005' I doubt you will get your system November 30 if my timescale is anything to go by since you effectively ordered a week after me and your Apecode delivery report looks very similar to mine.

jbt

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2005
Hatfield, UK
give it till monday, i ordered my imac on the 13th oct and it looks like it'll bve with me on monday. reason it took so long was a cock up with mbna who thought i'd canceled my order and didn't pass the correct info on to apple, phoned apple on thursday and they confirmed that the parcel was in the uk awaiting merge and as of last night it's now in transit to hatfield via ups! check your order status on apple as oppoesed to apecode as mine hasn't been updated anymore than yours has on there but i have a ups tracking number through the apple website.

roll on monday!

Stormchild69

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2005
Hertford, UK
jbt said:
give it till monday, i ordered my imac on the 13th oct and it looks like it'll bve with me on monday. reason it took so long was a cock up with mbna who thought i'd canceled my order and didn't pass the correct info on to apple, phoned apple on thursday and they confirmed that the parcel was in the uk awaiting merge and as of last night it's now in transit to hatfield via ups! check your order status on apple as oppoesed to apecode as mine hasn't been updated anymore than yours has on there but i have a ups tracking number through the apple website.

roll on monday!

Cheers jbt!:) I checked the Apple store and the progress has not updated. I will now wait until Monday week as I assume because I ordered mine a week after you it will be delivered a week after you. Well that is my logic anyway.

Has anyone else had problems with deliveries from Apple recently?

NewlyConverted

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2005
Norway
I ordered my 15" powerbook on the 3rd. It made it to Amsterdam on the 14th and according to the tracker didnt ship for norway until the 17th. I have checked the tracker every day, driving myself insane, only to discover that it made it to Norway on the 24th!! Thats 1 week just to get it over the small strip of ocean...
God only knows when it will be shipped from what ever warehouse its in in Norway, because the tracker isnt updating any more:(

Stormchild69

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2005
Hertford, UK
NewlyConverted said:
I ordered my 15" powerbook on the 3rd. It made it to Amsterdam on the 14th and according to the tracker didnt ship for norway until the 17th. I have checked the tracker every day, driving myself insane, only to discover that it made it to Norway on the 24th!! Thats 1 week just to get it over the small strip of ocean...
God only knows when it will be shipped from what ever warehouse its in in Norway, because the tracker isnt updating any more:(

Hi NewlyConverted,

To be positive it sounds like yours has moved quicker than mine and many in this forum. Hopefully you should receive it next week. When I ordered my iPod Nano the Apple tracker took some time to update even when I had received the Nano.

Was your powerbook standard or with extras, i.e. larger hard drive, as this seems to cause extra delay?

DMJ2005

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2005
On Thursday night I called Apple and they said there is a huge backlog in Amsterdam.. My Powerbook was due to go with TNT, who seem to be causing the backlog, so they changed it to UPS for me..

UPS got it in the UK by Friday night and it is due for delivery tomorrow! Even though Apple's delivery system is useless the people are very helpful at times..

Shipment Picked Up SHANGHAI, SH, CN 11 Nov 2005 00:30
Depart Terminal SHANGHAI, SH, CN 15 Nov 2005 15:55
Arrive Terminal AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 21 Nov 2005 06:00
Out For Delivery AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 21 Nov 2005 13:28
Arrive Terminal NUNEATON, WW, GB 25 Nov 2005 17:51
Depart Terminal NUNEATON, WW, GB 25 Nov 2005 17:52

Good luck everyone else!

NewlyConverted

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2005
Norway
Stormchild69 said:
Hi NewlyConverted,

To be positive it sounds like yours has moved quicker than mine and many in this forum. Hopefully you should receive it next week. When I ordered my iPod Nano the Apple tracker took some time to update even when I had received the Nano.

Was your powerbook standard or with extras, i.e. larger hard drive, as this seems to cause extra delay?

I upped the ram to 1 gig, so that could account for some of the delay i suppose...
Btw, i ordered a crumpler bag almost two weeks after i ordered the powerbook, and it was delivered at my door 8 days later!:cool: Thats almost as long as my powerbook took just to get from Amsterdam to a terminal in Norway:confused: (shipping inside Norway usually takes 4-5 days to reach me)

KLOOJVE

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2005
Slagelse , Denmark
Stormchild69 said:
Glad to hear someone has had succcess and has a shiny new iMac. Is it as gorgeous as it looks on the web?

Have fun with it!!:)

it is even better.. i was a bit nervous about not goin big enough.. i thought the pics of the 17" inch looked very small compared to the 20" on pictures..
but i am very satisfied.. and as a first time mac user.. i am thrilled to learn more heh.. got some pics here...

i really hope u get your stuff soon.. but as some other guy in here said.. it is Worth it once you get the package...

and hopefully my ipod nano will turn up.. "now theres one more happy TNT guy with a new mp3 player :S" (mine got "lost" on it's way)

//kloojve

Stormchild69

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2005
Hertford, UK
KLOOJVE said:
it is even better.. i was a bit nervous about not goin big enough.. i thought the pics of the 17" inch looked very small compared to the 20" on pictures..
but i am very satisfied.. and as a first time mac user.. i am thrilled to learn more heh.. got some pics here...

i really hope u get your stuff soon.. but as some other guy in here said.. it is Worth it once you get the package...

and hopefully my ipod nano will turn up.. "now theres one more happy TNT guy with a new mp3 player :S" (mine got "lost" on it's way)

//kloojve

Hi kloojve,

Those photos are great especially the first one. Your iMac looks beautiful. I love your lights as well - they really look great.

My Mac still has not been delivered - Spoke to another friendly chap at Apple today. I now expect it before Christmas and was told it was now stuck somewhere in the UK.

I offered to pick it up as I recon a snail is carrying it accross the countryside on its back. I know I could have hiked and walked quicker from Amsterdam carrying it than the delivery service should have.

A word of warning - When you get your Nano put it straight into some protection as mine is very scratched and it has always been kept protected in my wallet between my paper money. It has scratched easier than my iPod 4th generation. Maybe it is, as Apple has said, just one of those unlucky ones.

Anyway enjoy your iMac and thank you for the photos.

KLOOJVE

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2005
Slagelse , Denmark
heh.. i haven't heard from apple yet.. but okay they have until the 29th (tomorrow) :p
i am sorry youre having so much trouble with your imac delivery... i think it is so cheap that so many people are having the same defficulties with the delivery.. :confused:

heh thanks for the words regarding my setup... i also think the lights are perfekt.. they were VERY cheap 65kr. ,- ( 5£) found them in Ikea ;)

hmm i yes i have heard from many that the ipod is easily scrathed... i think i will buy some kind of bag for it...

;) kloojve

jbt

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2005
Hatfield, UK
My 20" iMac arrived yesterday by UPS. got it all set up last night and i'm now enjoying the task of getting used to my first ever mac.
it look so much better than it does online and i have decided that it was well worth the wait.
hope everyone elses arrive soon.

ipodcase

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2005
I ordered my ipod on the Nov. 25. I was supposed to be shipped within 24hrs. but haven't yet shipped it. Now the order status shows that its to be shipped by Nov 30th. I am going crazy now. It should have been here by the 30th.

I guess they got too many orders on thanksgiving. But this is too much. Should I ask them for a compensation or something.

KLOOJVE

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2005
Slagelse , Denmark
you could ask.. but i don't think you'll get anything.. i can only advise you to call "after sales".. when you have questions..

my ipod got "lost" on it's way to denmark..
today i got this mail from apple:

TNT have just confirmed that they have lost the ipod and ipod dock which you had not yet received. I have therefore set up a replacement order for these items. Your replacement order reference number is xxxxxxxxxxxx. This should ship by the 1st of December and delivery should take a further 5 working days.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused by the loss of the these items and can assure you that we will ship and deliver the replacements as quickly as possible.

now i will have to wait 3-4 weeks again.. i really think it is sad... i could go down to my local store and buy a new one.. but they guy said that if i want a refund it will take about 2 weeks before the money are in my account.. :S

well here we go.. as the E-mail said it will be shipped on december the 1'st..

rrrrrr

kloojve :)

Stormchild69

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2005
Hertford, UK
Spoke to Apple again today and they said they were investigating what had happened to my iMac which I ordered October 20th.

On the phone call they said it had shipped to the UK and was awaiting despatch but one item was not in yet (I had ordered the iMac with TV convertor, printer and care pack.) I asked which item was not in stock. They then said the iMac. So within the same conversation they said the iMac was in the UK and then it wasn't in the UK!! :confused:

They then said that it could be lost in which case they will despatch another one.

It is now looking like no delivery before Christmas - judging by the way they drag their heels in delivering goods.

I'm totally fed up. :mad:

If it is confirmed that it is lost I will cancel as I cannot be bothered anymore with waiting for what is just a nice looking computer.

They have said for the last three weeks that it would be delivered in the next couple of days and have now only just admitted it won't.

I have totally lost faith in the Apple Store.:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.