Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Norre8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2018
I gotta say - I think it's pretty funny that the box is what was limited about the SB.
Agree, I normally keep the boxes of all of my Apple products for potential resale, I don't think anyone will care which box they get as long as what's inside is correct.

Side note, I hope Apple comes out with a Hermes indigo leather band with SG lugs this spring.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
I'm okay with that because when it comes time to replace my SB S4, the Hermes watch will be on my radar if it is still available in SB with a band with SB hardware.

I think that as long as the watch itself is available it will always be available with a band with SB hardware. The bigger question is whether they'll ever make additional bands available with SB hardware.

Extreme.Ways

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2018
On the Wisconsin Border
I gotta say - I think it's pretty funny that the box is what was limited about the SB.
Agreed. It’s disappointing (albeit not surprising) that the black box was the “limited” portion of the so-called “limited edition.” Regardless, it’s still a nice presentation and a beautiful watch. I’m still hoping that I could trade my extra (with 3 years of AC+) for a stainless or ceramic version with another member. 3 years of AC+ free couldn’t hurt ??

myrtledog

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2015
I’m looking for the Hermès watch and thought I could just walk into an Apple store and buy one. I’m in So California so have many stores to choose from.
Nope. According to the Apple website there’s not a single Hermès watch in all of So California...
what’s up with that?

Norre8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2018
I’m looking for the Hermès watch and thought I could just walk into an Apple store and buy one. I’m in So California so have many stores to choose from.
Nope. According to the Apple website there’s not a single Hermès watch in all of So California...
what’s up with that?
Order it

PieTunes

Contributor
May 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
Of course that’s an option. I was just surprised that in a market of this size there isn’t a single watch available for over the counter purchase.
Has Apple ever stocked the Hermès watches at their retail stores before? I honestly don’t recall if they have before.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Has Apple ever stocked the Hermès watches at their retail stores before? I honestly don’t recall if they have before.

Perhaps some of the "flagship" or larger stores?

My local store (Bellevue, WA) does not stock them though our financial demographics would support it (there is a dedicated Hermes store down the street who might stock them, so perhaps that is why),

henry72

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand
The Hermès — 44-mm Noir Swift Leather Single Tour band is not longer available on Apple's website. Limited edition? :p

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 11.44.33 AM.png

[automerge]1581115919[/automerge]
By the way, has this happened to anyone? I don't believe this is "normal wear and tear". I will ring Apple and hopefully they will replace it as I love this band. I am very careful with my Apple Watch and my bands...

Attachments

• IMG_3267.jpeg
    IMG_3267.jpeg
    559.3 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
I have the Noir band that came with my black Hermès watch that I’d be willing to part with. Its never been worn and if someone was interested in buying it I’d be happy to sell it. PM me if you’re interested.

myrtledog

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2015
Perhaps some of the "flagship" or larger stores?

My local store (Bellevue, WA) does not stock them though our financial demographics would support it (there is a dedicated Hermes store down the street who might stock them, so perhaps that is why),

Id think Los Angeles should certainly support the financial demographics to support the Hermès Apple Watch sales but none in all of So CA. In fact the stores don’t even have any to show you before you order...

henry72

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand
I’m jealous. The Hermès Apple watches look so nice, but $1,200 for an Apple Watch is a little steep.

Agreed. That's why I bought the Noir Swift Leather Single Tour band separately. Although you get an extra Apple Care warranty with Hermès/Edition but it isn't worth it for me, plus the AppleCare+ is more expensive too.

The Hermès watch faces are so cool though but I prefer the Apple ones as they are more practical.

Reactions: AppleFanatic10

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
By the way, has this happened to anyone? I don't believe this is "normal wear and tear". I will ring Apple and hopefully they will replace it as I love this band. I am very careful with my Apple Watch and my bands...

i feel like you should definitely make a case. you probably won't be able to do a replacement tho. If anything you can take it to the Hermes boutique for them to repair.

egrimo

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2020
Istanbul
Honest question: I am always someone who sweats a lot. I have Apple's leather loop which I tried everything but it smells bad. Can you recommend me a hermes watch or classic Apple's Sport Band/Sport Loop

PieTunes

Contributor
May 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
Yes

Gotcha, so some stores did stock them initially when they first launched. How about recently, like the Series 4 or 5, has anyone seen or purchased those in any Apple Stores? I was just in New York last month and both of the Apple Stores I went to (5th Ave and Grand Central) didn't have them which was a little surprising.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Gotcha, so some stores did stock them initially when they first launched. How about recently, like the Series 4 or 5, has anyone seen or purchased those in any Apple Stores? I was just in New York last month and both of the Apple Stores I went to (5th Ave and Grand Central) didn't have them which was a little surprising.

Hermès suggest that it's available in some Apple Stores -

Apple Watch Hermès Series 5 will be available to order on hermes.com and apple.com from September 10, with availability in selected Hermès and Apple stores from September 20 in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, the UAE, the UK and the US.

But I don't think I've seen any actual lists of stores since the Series 2

Extreme.Ways

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2018
On the Wisconsin Border
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever seen dust like this under the glass of their Hermès sensor (or any AW) sensor, for that matter? Apple, through the support app, told me that they could fix or replace the Noir Hermès body in store (which I know they can not replace). Is this an inordinate amount of dust for a watch that it only four months old and supposedly IP68 water and dust resistant (I’m meticulously careful with this watch when I wear it)? Apple seemed to be placing the onus on me. I thought that to be very strange, all things considered. Also, AC+ for this obvious manufacturing error made zero difference - no express replacement. Just FYI. Thanks everyone!
3112B6D2-4CE2-4989-86E2-5BEA77EB1B27.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.