Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Extreme.Ways

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2018
On the Wisconsin Border
The Deer Park, IL Apple Store that I frequent has never once had an Hermès AW in store. Matter of fact, when I went in to have one looked at years ago, they had never even seen one in person. There’s not a big market in my area for this version, I suppose.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
Picked up a Hermes SB with Apple Link. Really like switching to the SB after using the SS for so long.

Last edited:

myrtledog

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2015
Last edited:

justiny

Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Bubbletucky
I’ve always known the Hermès models to sometimes be in stock at Apple flagship locations and some touristy areas (Vegas, Miami, etc.), otherwise you’d have to order it or go to Hermès.

But I’ve also noticed the Hermès watches are mostly only available in these specific Apple stores right after a new model launch or band refreshes. Once they sell out from the stores, ordering one becomes mostly your only option (every now and then, I’ve seen them pop up in the flagship stores but I believe it’s only a couple of units at a time).

Since were coming up on the Spring band refresh, I believe this is why we’re not seeing any Hermès units available in Apple stores right now. Everything above is just my opinion, someone else with inside information can feel free to correct me.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
I also think it's Hermès way of doing things. They rather run out of their items and not meet demand versus having overstock.

Reactions: justiny

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
None of the Los Angeles locations listed stock any. Old list?

Yes - it is dated Oct 6, 2015 - but the question I was answering was have they done it before :)

Hermès says on their website it is available in selected Apple Stores but I can't find any indication of where they are. My best guess is that it is only in major cities or countries without a Hermès location - so if nothing has changed from that 4 year old list, it probably means Toronto and Sydney.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
Pictures? ?

Now I'm fully blacked out.

IMG_0110.JPG

nattK

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
The Upside Down
Gotcha, so some stores did stock them initially when they first launched. How about recently, like the Series 4 or 5, has anyone seen or purchased those in any Apple Stores? I was just in New York last month and both of the Apple Stores I went to (5th Ave and Grand Central) didn't have them which was a little surprising.

Yeah the larger flagships usually stock the Hermès watch but it really comes down to available stock. For example, right now Apple Fifth Avenue and Apple Park Visitor Center are showing stock for several Hermès models (Noir, Fauve, Étain/Béton, etc).

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
The Deer Park, IL Apple Store that I frequent has never once had an Hermès AW in store. Matter of fact, when I went in to have one looked at years ago, they had never even seen one in person. There’s not a big market in my area for this version, I suppose.
You can order the most common model (base Fauve Barenia) for pickup in store with a 2-day notice.

Extreme.Ways

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2018
On the Wisconsin Border
You can order the most common model (base Fauve Barenia) for pickup in store with a 2-day notice.
Ah, very true and excellent point. Thank you! I must say that I’m somewhat disillusioned with Hermès right now. I sent a strap in to be repaired (after I received it damaged and a replacement was not available) in November, and this was the email I received on December 3rd...Has anyone else had an insanely long, contactless time working with Hermès? The strap was sent to Paris on December 4th btw, so it’s pushing 11 weeks with no contact whatsoever.

Attachments

• 92951F25-23F1-4413-9A3F-DCBA748566E0.jpeg
    92951F25-23F1-4413-9A3F-DCBA748566E0.jpeg
    450.9 KB · Views: 211

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Ah, very true and excellent point. Thank you! I must say that I’m somewhat disillusioned with Hermès right now. I sent a strap in to be repaired (after I received it damaged and a replacement was not available) in November, and this was the email I received on December 3rd...Has anyone else had an insanely long, contactless time working with Hermès? The strap was sent to Paris on December 4th btw, so it’s pushing 11 weeks with no contact whatsoever.
That’s standard fare. All the bands are hand-sewn. Luxury brands aren’t known for having rapid service.

axantas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Home
Interesting discovery: I wanted to buy the Hermès Single Tour Feu watchband - the orange one.
Placed it in my basket - it was available for delivery "tomorrow".
As it is not a really cheap acquisition, I thought about a bit. Returned to the Apple website - basket empty. Now the interesting fact: Not one single Hermès watchband is available actually. Some of them were unavailable on my first search, but most bands could be ordered. Now: all unavailable. Nowhere, in no country...
Do we know anything about a change in strategy?

nattK

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
The Upside Down
Interesting discovery: I wanted to buy the Hermès Single Tour Feu watchband - the orange one.
Placed it in my basket - it was available for delivery "tomorrow".
As it is not a really cheap acquisition, I thought about a bit. Returned to the Apple website - basket empty. Now the interesting fact: Not one single Hermès watchband is available actually. Some of them were unavailable on my first search, but most bands could be ordered. Now: all unavailable. Nowhere, in no country...
Do we know anything about a change in strategy?

Probably in anticipation for the spring refresh

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
can anyone predict what colors we will get for spring?

Do you think we will get similar 3 toned colors ways as Spring 2019?

axantas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Home
Removing ALL bands from the store (Hermès only though...) including all the classic colors, without any alternative seems to be a bit strange to me. There were even some that matched the bicolor Hermès watch faces.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
Removing ALL bands from the store (Hermès only though...) including all the classic colors, without any alternative seems to be a bit strange to me. There were even some that matched the bicolor Hermès watch faces.

thats sort of incorrect. The bands still show up, most unavailable but the fauve is available for pick up

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 2.00.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 2.00.03 PM.png
    888 KB · Views: 163

mzanker

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
United Kingdom
They haven't - I can order either the Encre/Béton or the Étain/Béton for store pickup or delivery tomorrow from the UK website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.