Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
The Apple link bracelet also has a deployment clasp and I haven't heard anyone say that is difficult to remove while swapping bands.

The link bracelet is suppose to be taken off in two pieces. So you are suppose to release on of the links from one side of the band before you take it off.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Can't. It only comes in 42. :(

Can't because it's unavailable . Plus I decided to get the ceramic and use my Hermès single tour with it . Love it.

36dc83f65e0d5efde18e2023004d5784.jpg

Need to take mine in to Hermès to get some of the spots off it. I don't know what keeps getting on the band.

Reactions: pcall1128

JulesK

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2002
Well made deployant clasps are great, and the one used by Hermes looks very nice. I've owned dozens of high-end watch straps over time, and there really is less wear on the band with a good deployant clasp. But for overall comfort, and regular buckle tends to be more comfortable, because if the deployant clasps hits your wrist wrong, it's a problem.

Reactions: Night Spring

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Can't because it's unavailable . Plus I decided to get the ceramic and use my Hermès single tour with it . Love it.

Need to take mine in to Hermès to get some of the spots off it. I don't know what keeps getting on the band.

Can't say I like that look myself, but if you like it, then that's good. :)

BTW, has anyone tried putting a Hermes band on a space grey aluminum? Now that the bands can be bought separately, I'm wondering if I can just buy a band and have it work with my sports watch.

mhoutman

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2016
Well made deployant clasps are great, and the one used by Hermes looks very nice. I've owned dozens of high-end watch straps over time, and there really is less wear on the band with a good deployant clasp. But for overall comfort, and regular buckle tends to be more comfortable, because if the deployant clasps hits your wrist wrong, it's a problem.

but this only depends on the shape of the deployment buckle :)
[doublepost=1474982214][/doublepost]
Thanks! I know it's a big contrast, but I like it. It just gives it that retro feel of ceramic and steel. The problem I have with the ceramic, is that with a sports band your at risk of it looking cheap. More so with any of the nice materials for the AW. The cloud sports band works extremely well with it, but some of them just look cheap. Not to say the ceramic looks cheap, but the rubber bands just don't always look great. I will say I feel that way about every AW. While I like the color of the Hermès sports band, I don't really love pairing it with the sports band. I understand for sports and other activities that you would not want to reck your Hermès, but in terms of fashion. I don't like them much at all. I think all the AWs look better with leather, nylon, or steel bands.

Sorry I don't agree here. Ceramic with a sportband does not look cheap but it looks very state of the art. That said, most people don't even notice if you wear a Hermès edition until they see the clockface. Try the Ceramic with a Product Red or black rubber sportband: stunning (my taste)

But hey, this is one of the advantages of owning an Apple Watch: the endless possibilities of making combinations so everybody has its own taste full filled :)
[doublepost=1474982340][/doublepost]
Can't say I like that look myself, but if you like it, then that's good. :)

BTW, has anyone tried putting a Hermes band on a space grey aluminum? Now that the bands can be bought separately, I'm wondering if I can just buy a band and have it work with my sports watch.

if you like shiny adapters in the matte watch house, you have my blessings, but I don't ..My new addition is a black nylon band on a series 2 SS SB. Stupid that this band is made with black hardware only.....:(

Last edited:

pcall1128

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2015
Pennsylvania

I love this look. The more I see it, the more it just makes sense. That pure ceramic white contrasted against the silver/deep golden brown of French leather... I know there is a bunch of people who told you doesn't look good, but I say rock on man.

As far as those spots, they look like little water spots. Are they permanent or do they disappear after a while?

Reactions: mandymoo

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
My new addition is a black nylon band on a series 2 SS SB. Stupid that this band is made with black hardware only.....:(

How does the nylon feel on your wrist? I like how the nylon bands are so much lighter, but afraid I wouldn't like the way it feels on skin.
[doublepost=1474983019][/doublepost]
I love this look. The more I see it, the more it just makes sense. That pure ceramic white contrasted against the silver/deep golden brown of French leather... I know there is a bunch of people who told you doesn't look good, but I say rock on man.

Well, that's fashion. I can't count the times I saw a dress on Project Runway and thought "ewwwww, ugly!" and then the judges go ga-ga over how wonderful the look is.

Reactions: mandymoo

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
but this only depends on the shape of the deployment buckle :)
[doublepost=1474982214][/doublepost]

Sorry I don't agree here. Ceramic with a sportband does not look cheap but it looks very state of the art. That said, most people don't even notice if you wear a Hermès edition until they see the clockface. Try the Ceramic with a Product Red or black rubber sportband: stunning (my taste)

But hey, this is one of the advantages of owning an Apple Watch: the endless possibilities of making combinations so everybody has its own taste full filled :)
[doublepost=1474982340][/doublepost]

if you like shiny adapters in the matte watch house, you have my blessings, but I don't ..My new addition is a black nylon band on a series 2 SS SB. Stupid that this band is made with black hardware only.....:(

Really you think the ceramic and sports look state of the art? That is very interesting. I really do like the cloud with the ceramic, but the only other sports band I have is white. I might see if I can get a old of the black sports band or maybe the midnight blue. Those might work well.

I also have the Milanese loop, which I think looks really good.
8186f243ecb2d9af4950a9c5d8e4f1c4.jpg

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
of course but is less visible if you had a silver alloy AW though. Probably I look at the Apple Watch with a different eye than you too ;)

Actually, I admit the Hermes bands look best with the silver steel. But money's a bit tight, and I really love the feel of Hermes leather, so wondering if I can get away with Hermes band on aluminum watch. :p

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga

As far as those spots, they look like little water spots. Are they permanent or do they disappear after a while?

Yeah I totally agree. I know some don't love it, but I think it looks really classy.

Most of the drops do go away, but the sweat line has not. What sucks is I was at a funeral for a friend, and most of it was inside, but we were talking outside after it was over and in GA summer heat there is no relief. I don't normally wear the Hermès in situations when I think I might get hot and sweat. This just kind of happened. The other problem I run into is going anywhere that there are foundation drinks. Even if I get water out of it, the other drinks sometimes still drip, and get on the band. I think that is what the other drops are.

Actually, I admit the Hermes bands look best with the silver steel. But money's a bit tight, and I really love the feel of Hermes leather, so wondering if I can get away with Hermes band on aluminum watch. :p

Of course you can. Rock it, and I am sure it will look fine. People match the SS lugs with the SG aluminum all the time. I say go for it. Which color are you thinking? Etoupe Swift? That is an amazing color.

Well, that's fashion. I can't count the times I saw a dress on Project Runway and thought "ewwwww, ugly!" and then the judges go ga-ga over how wonderful the look is.

Well I won't claim to be any kind of fashion expert, so I might be breaking all kind of fashion rules. I just like the way it looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Night Spring

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Of course you can. Rock it, and I am sure it will look fine. People match the SS lugs with the SG aluminum all the time. I say go for it. Which color are you thinking? Etoupe Swift? That is an amazing color.

Yup, that's the color I want. I have this coat that's in a similar shade. Last year when I tried the "tin" color band at Hermes, it went amazingly well with my coat, and this Etoupe color loooks like it will similarly match my coat.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Yup, that's the color I want. I have this coat that's in a similar shade. Last year when I tried the "tin" color band at Hermes, it went amazingly well with my coat, and this Etoupe color loooks like it will similarly match my coat.

I say go for it then. I am sure you will not regret it. I really like it too, and thought about getting it as well.

mhoutman

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2016

Really you think the ceramic and sports look state of the art? That is very interesting. I really do like the cloud with the ceramic, but the only other sports band I have is white. I might see if I can get a old of the black sports band or maybe the midnight blue. Those might work well.

I also have the Milanese loop, which I think looks really good.
8186f243ecb2d9af4950a9c5d8e4f1c4.jpg
this is much better as the black adapters fit well with the black on the bezel IMHO it is more "balanced" if that is correct English .:)

Yeah try a light blue Sportband apple watch light blue rubber sportband (which seems not available on sale anymore. jeez )

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
this is much better as the black adapters fit well with the black on the bezel IMHO it is more "balanced" if that is correct English .:)

Yeah try a light blue Sportband apple watch light blue rubber sportband (which seems not available on sale anymore. jeez )

They have the Sea Blue sports band that is lighter. Might look pretty cool. Also they have a lighter blue nylon band that looks pretty good as well. I might just have to play around with bands to find the perfect fit. I will still rock the Hermès with it even if some of you guys don't like it.

mhoutman

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2016
They have the Sea Blue sports band that is lighter. Might look pretty cool. Also they have a lighter blue nylon band that looks pretty good as well. I might just have to play around with bands to find the perfect fit. I will still rock the Hermès with it even if some of you guys don't like it.

such a pity some colors aren't available any more. particular the old light blue was very vivid :(

Im missing a really dark chocolate brown sportband for my Hermes. Love to see that :apple:

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
such a pity some colors aren't available any more. particular the old light blue was very vivid :(

Im missing a really dark chocolate brown sportband for my Hermes. Love to see that :apple:

That got me thinking. I wonder how the Coco sports band would look with both the Hermès and my ceramic.

mhoutman

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2016
I saw that in the other thread when he first got his. He put his Hermès band on the black lugs. I think it looks good on either. I am just afraid to take mine off the Apple lugs. I don't want to mess anything up.

The orange sport band and coco one look really good. As well as the Sea blue.

I sees we have different tastes :)

I love the primary colours: Product Red, Black, Ocean Blue and Yellow. For me al other strap types (nylon, milanese, steel, leather) distract too much from the beauty and simplicity of the ceramics

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I sees we have different tastes :)

I love the primary colours: Product Red, Black, Ocean Blue and Yellow. For me al other strap types (nylon, milanese, steel, leather) distract too much from the beauty and simplicity of the ceramics

Haha I think so.

Yeah I like those too expect the product red. It just seems to bright for me. I feel like it would take away from the color. I like the darker colors, like black, coco, ocean blue, and mid blue. So much to think about lol.

Still love the Hermès though. By far my favorite band for both my SS and ceramic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.