Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMac'd

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2021
I use Windows 11 on my work computer daily and I know it quite well. I sincerely think that macOS is superior. It's not even close.

And are you seriously basing your idea that Apple has given up on "serious user market" (whatever that is) because their 24" iMacs have white bezels? Wow.

I love it how unsecure PC users can get, that they have to say these things like "Macs aren't for sErIoUs work". That's really something.
Black bezels are basic ergonomics as any serious user would be well aware (as would legal depts. in corporations); personally I'm now largely a Mac user as it would be difficult to sell it for a number of reasons I won't go into. Interesting to hear that someone who uses both believes that Mac OS is superior; most of what I hear is of those who didn't like Windows 20 yrs ago etc. or those who seem to be mainly interested in processor speeds. PC Mag scored Mac OS at 4 and Windows at 15 in what seemed an unbiased assessment; I have a vested interest in studying more to see whether it is just a major learning curve; the Manual was of almost no use so it's odd to have to depend on third party YouTube etc. videos for advice. PS I've painted the silver "chin" of my iMac in dark colours which are more aesthetically pleasing than the basic black I would have otherwise got had I made a better informed decision.

So many apps I use daily don't work on Windows.

In what way is Windows less restrictive than macOS? In my experience it is the opposite.

Hey, you do you - you have every right to prefer Windows to macOS - but why post it here? Is this supposed to mean anything to the rest of us? I mean, if I tell you that I wouldn't go back to Windows on my personal computer if I got payed to use it - would that mean anything to you? No? Exactly.

Enjoy what you like, it's really ok :)
I misread the title of this forum in the light of this particular thread. There seems to be no place on this Site where ( other perhaps than incidentally) mention may be made of other OS's having superior features. Presumably "Other Hardware" relates to Keyboards, Monitors etc. not to OS's.
So many apps I use daily don't work on Windows.

In what way is Windows less restrictive than macOS? In my experience it is the opposite.

Hey, you do you - you have every right to prefer Windows to macOS - but why post it here? Is this supposed to mean anything to the rest of us? I mean, if I tell you that I wouldn't go back to Windows on my personal computer if I got payed to use it - would that mean anything to you? No? Exactly.

Enjoy what you like, it's really ok :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cape Dave

exoticSpice

Suspended
Jan 9, 2022
You still can. They've made it even easier when you use Rufus to burn Windows 11 ISO to bootable USB stick.

https://www.neowin.net/news/rufus-3...indows-11-22h2-microsoft-account-requirement/
When people buy Windows 11 laptops you don't use Rufus. 99% of people who buy Windows 11 Home laptops will sign in to MS account. MS want this. Stop defending MS so much.

**** like this did not exist in Windows 7, 8 or 10. You didn't have use Rufus to bypass stupid requirements.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
When people buy Windows 11 laptops you don't use Rufus. 99% of people who buy Windows 11 Home laptops will sign in to MS account. MS want this. Stop defending MS so much.

**** like this did not exist in Windows 7, 8 or 10. You didn't have use Rufus to bypass stupid requirements.

Yawn... First time users make a big deal about nothing.

https://www.neowin.net/news/bypass-...ent-when-setting-up-windows-11-with-internet/

https://www.neowin.net/news/here039...ows-11-device-without-an-internet-connection/

Cognizant.

Suspended
May 15, 2022
Definately leaning more towards Windows as well.

Was recently looking for a good replacement for time machine backups to my NAS and realised after searching that Windows actually has a perfectly good file history option that I now have running every 6 hours.

Really enjoying Windows at the moment. Not entirely away from macOS just yet but far less need for it and I am at the only one at home that uses Mac now. My wife abandoned it as did my kids.
Except from my experience working on thousands of computers, the built in Windows files backup fails to restore half the time. It’s garbage and not remotely comparable to Time Machine. I’d recommend Acronis as a Time Machine alternative.

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
That makes it appear MS really, really want to block anyone setting up without an account. Just because a workaround is possible, it doesn't mean it will continue to work.

I suspect they really only want to provide ways round to people like NSA/GCHQ. (And, maybe, embedded versions of Windows.)

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
What does that even mean?

Huh? Maybe your Mac is broken, I've never reset NVRam or even restarted when making changes to network settings.

Command-q? Why bother taking the hands of keyboard, move a mouse when all it needs is a shortcut?

fn-delete?

Keyboard shortcuts in System Settings?

After reading the above, I kinda doubt it. Sounds more like a PEBKAC problem.

You mean like someone who can't figure out a keyboard shortcut or thinks it's normal to reboot when making a change to network settings? Oh wait, never mind.
I love it when windows users complain that this and that doesnt work on mac os, just because they havent bothered to figure out how it can be done in an even easier and more convenient way.. mostly about gestures, drag and drop stuff or hotkeys :D

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
I love it when windows users complain that this and that doesnt work on mac os, just because they havent bothered to figure out how it can be done

Always been a thing though, the same applies in reverse. Anyone I know who has ever tried Windows coming from Mac immediately complains about why things don't work as a Mac would or can't figure out something that is "so easy on a Mac".

Reactions: bobcomer

Cognizant.

Suspended
May 15, 2022
I don't get upset with technology, nothing is ever perfect.
If you're using a known-to-be flawed backup system and you happen to lose all of your precious data, it will be upsetting, I assure you. Been there before. It won't happen again. I'm not telling you this stuff out of some ill intent. I'm telling you this because I've been working with computers for decades and I've seen every data loss scenario you can imagine. If you don't care about the data you are backing up, then it doesn't really matter. But if your data is something you can't lose, I'd highly advise a better backup solution.

Edit: Alrighty then. I can see you not only don't want help, you think the advice of others is humorous. Good luck to you, I guess.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: lepidotós and LeeW

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
Alrighty then. I can see you not only don't want help, you think the advice of others is humorous. Good luck to you, I guess.

You assume what I do or know, you don't know. The simplicity of the matter is that you replied to a post from nearly a year ago. My answer was simple, it works for me, you don't need to take it any further for me.

You now want to turn it into you, only you, thinking you know more than anyone and I am always going to be wrong just because. Fine, I find keyboard warriors funny.

Try meditation and don't worry about my backups, for the last 30 years, I have had every angle covered.

Cognizant.

Suspended
May 15, 2022
You assume what I do or know, you don't know. The simplicity of the matter is that you replied to a post from nearly a year ago. My answer was simple, it works for me, you don't need to take it any further for me.

You now want to turn it into you, only you, thinking you know more than anyone and I am always going to be wrong just because. Fine, I find keyboard warriors funny.

Try meditation and don't worry about my backups, for the last 30 years, I have had every angle covered.
If you want to view the world through that negative lens, that's on you.

• Haha
Reactions: LeeW

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
download.png

• Haha
Reactions: Cognizant.

exoticSpice

Suspended
Jan 9, 2022

exoticSpice

Suspended
Jan 9, 2022
There's some Microsoft fanboys here..... MS making users sign into MS account is not good. I don't care if there are workarounds should NOT be thing in the first place.

Reactions: Romain_H and LinusR

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
There's some Microsoft fanboys here..... MS making users sign into MS account is not good. I don't care if there are workarounds should NOT be thing in the first place.
To offer an MS account, to explain what possible advantages it could have, and point out what cannot be done without an account, fine.

To make it difficult to find a way of avoiding doing so is not fine.

There should be a universal assumption that, to the greatest extent possible, people should be allowed to not set up, not use, an account for any hardware, anywhere. Obviously that will impose limits - how can Find my... work without some sort of account? But should be the owners' choices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.